The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2015, 05:43 PM   #5001
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Remember the old games? Where even Rangers and Guardians didn't exist? Awwww....

Just to make clear: I don't demand to be next or anything. If someone has a hot idea then please step up.
Old 06-16-2015, 06:26 PM   #5002
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I could certainly throw something together, I'm sure.

But I want to play again first. Eomer, you're welcome to go before me.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 06:33 PM   #5003
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
I'm game for an old time simple WW game. Does that mean we can pick our town occupations again? :-)
Old 06-17-2015, 10:14 AM   #5004
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
If there is a modding queue I would love to join. I'm not too keen on playing, so if someone needs time to plan and wants to play in the meantime I can jump in whenever. I'll be gone for a couple of days in July but other than that my schedule is fairly open.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 05:40 AM   #5005
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Oh, don't tell me that we've all had our fix already.

I am all for Oddwen modding the next one so count me in among the players.
Old 08-10-2015, 11:03 AM   #5006
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
*poke*

"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 03:12 PM   #5007
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
*second poke*

Oddwen?

Or Eomer?
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 07:17 PM   #5008
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
*third poke*

I'd be more keen to play than to mod, but I may have an idea for a small game if other mods need some time.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 11:49 PM   #5009
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
*poke back*

This thread has never showed as active when I checked. Weird.

Eomie
Greenie
Lommie
Sallie
Leggie
Inzie

I'm working full-time at the moment so the deadline will be weird for someone. Something like 10 MT, midnight Eastern, 7am Finlandtime. But I'd be happy to mod if there's still interest.

Last edited by Oddwen; 08-16-2015 at 06:49 PM.
Old 08-15-2015, 04:20 AM   #5010
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddwen View Post
I'm working full-time at the moment so the deadline will be weird for someone. Something like 10 MT, midnight Eastern, 7am Finlandtime. But I'd be happy to mod if there's still interest.
Thumbs up and even more thumbs up for doing the job of figuring out and posting about the different timezones. Wonderful. Won't certainly sit around for DL (heck, even Nog wouldn't... unless he does it over morning coffee), but anyway, WW is WW, no matter the deadline time. I'd be up for that.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 08:23 AM   #5011
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddwen View Post
How marvelous! I'm definitely (and perhaps defiantly) in.
Old 08-16-2015, 09:15 AM   #5012
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
I think I could play. It's been far too long.
Old 08-23-2015, 12:33 PM   #5013
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Admin thread is up!

Old 12-13-2015, 09:21 AM   #5014
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

White-Hand

How many would be keen on a game once the new year starts? I have an idea I'd like to try depending on the number of interested parties, or I could run a pretty basic game if that better suits people's current tastes. It would be lovely to see the forum alight with suspicion once more.
Old 12-13-2015, 01:25 PM   #5015
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I think I could play if we start around the new year. I'd love to get back into another game!
Old 12-13-2015, 03:03 PM   #5016
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Doubt it. School starts the very first Monday of January. If you start just after New Year, that'd be the first week of term.
Old 01-12-2016, 02:55 AM   #5017
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
*bump* getting WW withdrawal...
Old 01-13-2016, 03:59 PM   #5018
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Oh go on. Someone start a game. I think I have time.
Old 01-15-2016, 11:39 AM   #5019
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

I was just re-reading some games and thinking, "this might be a bit of fun again."

My problem is I have completely changed from previous years (ack, years...depression ) and I am not really interested in conventional games anymore. It has to have some kind of bang to it to catch my interest, and those can be hard to set up...especially with the comparative stillness that pervades now.

What I really want to do is play in a Dead Thread game, but those are excruciatingly hard to set up because you need a lot of people.
Old 01-16-2016, 04:40 PM   #5020
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

We should start drumming up some players then, because I might have just such a game.

I'll give the rules another mulling over and will get an admin thread up when I get the chance.
Old 01-17-2016, 04:43 PM   #5021
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
We should start drumming up some players then, because I might have just such a game.

I'll give the rules another mulling over and will get an admin thread up when I get the chance.
Woo-hoo.
Old 01-17-2016, 04:47 PM   #5022
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
I don't know about my WW potential nowadays.
I have a new work assignment with 12 hour shifts and limited computer time, though it's somewhat balanced by more frequent off days. I'm not sure if I'd be able to give a game enough attention.
Old 01-17-2016, 04:48 PM   #5023
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
I don't know about my WW potential nowadays.
I have a new work assignment with 12 hour shifts and limited computer time, though it's somewhat balanced by more frequent off days. I'm not sure if I'd be able to give a game enough attention.
Daw, come on! People only stayed up for days on end during my game.
Old 01-29-2016, 07:57 PM   #5024
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Many apologies for the radio silence. I had a few personal things come up and didn't want to get things rolling here until I was sure I'd have time.

The admin thread will be up by tomorrow evening at the latest.
Old 11-12-2016, 07:06 AM   #5025
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Palantir-Green

Sooo... who wants to mod the next game?
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 09:53 AM   #5026
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Sooo... who wants to mod the next game?
I was actually gonna ask you and Agan one of these days if we still want to go for it.
Old 04-28-2017, 02:40 PM   #5027
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots I may regret doing this but...

*poke*

Anybody around and plotting a game?
Old 04-28-2017, 02:52 PM   #5028
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuruharan View Post
*poke*

Anybody around and plotting a game?
In my head, I'm always plotting games. I must have 5 or 6 more or less developed game ideas. But modding? - or even playing? My exams start in three days. You figure.
Old 04-28-2017, 06:47 PM   #5029
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
In my head, I'm always plotting games. I must have 5 or 6 more or less developed game ideas. But modding? - or even playing? My exams start in three days. You figure.
Well, in the grand scheme of things.

I mean right now we can only seem to manage about one game a year.
Old 05-01-2017, 06:45 PM   #5030
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

I'd be up to play, if and when a game arose.
Old 05-02-2017, 06:36 PM   #5031
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I could, too, as of just now. Finals won't be bad this year, so I have time until August, probably.
Old 05-03-2017, 04:14 AM   #5032
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Hmm, yeah, I definitely can't play, because it's exam season now followed by a month of vagabonding around with little time and crappy internet. But I can co-mod. If we do it now, I could even mod.
Old 05-04-2017, 07:10 PM   #5033
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

I have risen, awoken by the smell of fresh cupcakes and impending murder.

A game, you say?
Old 05-06-2017, 06:48 AM   #5034
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Pipe

A game? A game?? A GAME???!!!!
Old 05-06-2017, 07:43 AM   #5035
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

Sally returns to us! Huzzah!

So I have a modest little idea for a game. Okay, it isn't that modest, but it wouldn't need to be as gargantuan as the EXTRAVAGANZA (although my idea is scalable so it could be ).

I know I modded recently in the scale of games played so I'm happy to defer.
Old 05-09-2017, 03:56 PM   #5036
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I think I'm up for a game...
Old 05-16-2017, 08:10 AM   #5037
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

Galadriel did you want to mod?
Old 05-16-2017, 12:06 PM   #5038
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Galadriel did you want to mod?
As I'm gonna start travelling soon, I may not always rely on good internet access, and definitely won't be able to read the game in a timely manner - or follow along throughout the day. While I have a few ideas for games, I don't think I'd be a very effective mod right now. So take if off.
Old 05-17-2017, 10:33 AM   #5039
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

Alrighty.

I am currently soliciting some expert opinions on another experimental format. Alas, some people don't frequent the Downs any more or have full PM boxes.

My idea will probably require 13-15 people to work...which may be a bit of a challenge as well in these latter days.
Old 05-17-2017, 07:25 PM   #5040
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Alrighty.

I am currently soliciting some expert opinions on another experimental format. Alas, some people don't frequent the Downs any more or have full PM boxes.

My idea will probably require 13-15 people to work...which may be a bit of a challenge as well in these latter days.
Will I do as an "expert"?