The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2008, 11:13 AM   #801
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up Okay

So it begins...

Hookbill (write)
Thinlómien (draw)
Eönwë (write)
Aganzir (draw)
Legate of Amon Lanc (write)
Volo (draw)
Rune Son of Bjarne (write)
The Elf-warrior (Draw)
Beregond (Write)
Nogrod (Draw)
Oddwen (Write)
A Little Green (draw)

Thinlómien (write)
Eönwë (Draw)
Aganzir (Write)
Rune Son of Bjarne (Draw)
Volo (Write)
Legate of Amon Lanc (draw)
The Elf-warrior (write)
Beregond (Draw)
Nogrod (write)
Oddwen (Draw)
A Little Green (write)

I'll just send the sentence to Lommy...

Last edited by Hookbill the Goomba; 07-24-2008 at 02:51 AM.
Hookbill the Goomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 02:16 AM   #802
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
The Eye

I forgot that it was my turn to draw and now I won't be able to send any kind of picture to Hookbill before Sunday... But okay, let's then say that Sunday is my ultimate deadline.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 11:48 AM   #803
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I got it done now.

I hope my writing turn won't come at a bad time... I will be quite away from the 'downs for a couple of weeks after next week. I will be able to check in every few days, though, I hope...
Old 06-15-2008, 04:39 PM   #804
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Lets hope. . .This reminds me of something I have been wanting to say for a while.

In genneral I think it would be good if people before signing up for paper-telephone would consider wether they would be busy or not in that period of time, just like we don't (or very seldome) sign up for ww if we are going to be very busy.

I know paper-telephone is less predictable than ww, both with individual and overall time. . . .but i don't think it would hurt to give it some thought before signing up.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 05:12 PM   #805
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Yes, but then, PT usually goes for a long time so unless people are away for several weeks totally, they can find a way to draw a picture, or even better, just write a sentence (even the drawing surely can be done in an hour or less, if need be!). And you can check from time to time where the line is, and if you know you won't be here on your particular turn, you can talk with someone to switch... The only thing is when you count with some progress and it does not go as fast as you anticipated (or as slow as you anticipated), and you realise you won't have chance to make it at all...

I have a bad feeling, though, that I may show up at this thread soon with a request of such sort as Rune feared... unless...

Does not for example EW want to switch with me? I am definitely not being here the week after this one, and if the current writing and then Aganzir's drawing can be done until Friday... or rather... (?) If not this, then I would probably like to be moved somewhere waaay into the back.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 05:20 PM   #806
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Does not for example EW want to switch with me? I am definitely not being here the week after this one, and if the current writing and then Aganzir's drawing can be done until Friday... or rather... (?) If not this, then I would probably like to be moved somewhere waaay into the back.
I usually like to cross these bridges when we get to them. Doesn't mean we can't prepare, though... We'll see how it's looking towards the end o' the week before we make a move in that direction, I think.
Old 06-15-2008, 05:25 PM   #807
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba View Post
I usually like to cross these bridges when we get to them. Doesn't mean we can't prepare, though... We'll see how it's looking towards the end o' the week before we make a move in that direction, I think.
Well yes, I'd say if there was no problem from EW's side, then I would make it the way that if it's not Friday yet and it's his turn, instead give it to me, I will reply to it and it's done. If it's not that way, then you may either wait for me the week after that to show up, or simply then switch me with someone... or it can happen that I arrive back just at the right time for my own turn (I am going to be away 20th-28th most likely).
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 12:17 PM   #808
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Yes, but then, PT usually goes for a long time so unless people are away for several weeks totally, they can find a way to draw a picture, or even better, just write a sentence (even the drawing surely can be done in an hour or less, if need be!). And you can check from time to time where the line is, and if you know you won't be here on your particular turn, you can talk with someone to switch... The only thing is when you count with some progress and it does not go as fast as you anticipated (or as slow as you anticipated), and you realise you won't have chance to make it at all...
Yes it does take a long time. . .sometimes because people have not given it thought.

Now for me it is only a matter of taking an hour out of schedual to draw a picture or write a sentense, so I know I can always sign up unless I am actually going away from internet acces. Now other people might not be able to do this, maybe because they have higher standards for what they are willing to submit and so I just ask that people do not sign up if they are very busy. . . . I am not saying that people should not sign up if they expect to be busy 2 days out of a month and you can of course be unlucky with stuff comming coliding with Paper-telephone, all I really ask for is that people feel some sort of comitment to get this game running smoothly and that they give it some thought before signing up.

Old 06-16-2008, 12:24 PM   #809
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
There. Carried on the call.
Old 06-18-2008, 07:26 AM   #810
The Elf-warrior
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Elf-warrior is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via Skype™ to The Elf-warrior
I'm OK with switching with Legate.
Old 06-20-2008, 03:32 PM   #811
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

The Eye

AAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGHHHHH!!!

Sorry! I've made a mistake! I accidentally sent the Volo's picture to Rune instead of The Elf-warrior! Gah! Sorry, Rune! Do you still want to do it? I'll have to rearrange the list a bit now.

*feels very, very stupid*
Old 06-20-2008, 04:07 PM   #812
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Quote:
Ouch! But hey, it's not a big deal!

I could always do another picture...
Old 06-20-2008, 07:24 PM   #813
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Quote:

Sorry! I've made a mistake! I accidentally sent the Volo's picture to Rune instead of The Elf-warrior! Gah! Sorry, Rune! Do you still want to do it? I'll have to rearrange the list a bit now.

*feels very, very stupid*
Normally I would not mind, but Volo's picture is truly dreadful and almost imposible to work with

Old 06-21-2008, 04:40 AM   #814
Volo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
Normally I would not mind, but Volo's picture is truly dreadful and almost imposible to work with
Hey! What do you think when the sentence was "Prince August of Mirkwood buys two horses of which one is actually a werewolf disguising herself as a Twix-bar, while John the Bog tries his skills as a sorceror by making icicles out of Beorn's sister." Yea, so nothing to complain about!
Old 06-21-2008, 07:52 AM   #815
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Don't give it away, Volo!
Old 06-21-2008, 08:35 AM   #816
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Judging from the picture I got, I don't think Volo is giving anything away. . .My guess would be that he is just having a laugh.

Old 06-21-2008, 08:41 AM   #817
Volo

Quote:
Judging from the picture I got, I don't think Volo is giving anything away. . .My guess would be that he is just having a laugh.
Hey, come on, be fair! I'm just not very good at drawing.
Old 06-21-2008, 11:00 AM   #818
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
I was joking.
Old 06-21-2008, 11:01 AM   #819
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo View Post
Hey, come on, be fair! I'm just not very good at drawing.
But that smilie does not suit you!
Old 06-29-2008, 11:17 AM   #820
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

TheGreatElvenWarrior has been trapped in the Barrow!
Paper Telephone sounds fun, what do I do to get signed up for the next game?
Old 06-29-2008, 11:29 AM   #821
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatElvenWarrior View Post
Paper Telephone sounds fun, what do I do to get signed up for the next game?
Remind me when this round is over.
Old 06-29-2008, 11:30 AM   #822
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

TheGreatElvenWarrior has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Remind me when this round is over.
Ok!
Old 07-03-2008, 01:40 PM   #823
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Is this still going on?
Old 07-03-2008, 01:45 PM   #824
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
Is this still going on?
Yes. Nogrod is eating some beans and may be some time...
Old 07-03-2008, 02:30 PM   #825
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Yes. Nogrod is eating some beans and may be some time...
Yeah. Sorry.

The sentence is just of the mission impossible -sort... so it has been kind of buried under all the other things calling for attention.

Drawing anything of that sort with a mouse is just a plain nightmare... but I'll give it my best try asap.

Sorry. I really hate to slow things down...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 03:53 PM   #826
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Done.

My conscience just made me do it. So you can thank it.

I'm really looking forwards to see what will come out from this absurdity.
Old 07-06-2008, 02:04 PM   #827
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Has anyone seen A Little Green?

This round is already so insane! I don't want it to get stuck here! WE NEED MORE PAPER TELEPHONE MADNESS!
Old 07-06-2008, 03:39 PM   #828
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Has anyone seen A Little Green?
She's at their summer cottage and they're returning tomorrow. I have informed her that it's her turn, and to my understanding she was planning to check the sentence & draw the pic there so she can post it to you when they're back home. So no need to worry.
Old 07-06-2008, 05:14 PM   #829
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
she was planning to check the sentence & draw the pic there so she can post it to you when they're back home. So no need to worry.
And if she get's it ready we will be sitting in a train tomorrow all three of us for four hours so Lommy may come up with her sentence already then and you'll get both the picture and the sentence tomorrow!
Old 07-07-2008, 02:32 PM   #830
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Here's one more spokesman for Greenie - she only had a chance to read her sentence today and she will draw the picture as soon as she can (tomorrow, hopefully).
Old 07-07-2008, 02:37 PM   #831
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Here's one more spokesman for Greenie
It's so great to have friends and relatives to speak for you...
Old 07-07-2008, 02:56 PM   #832
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Quote:
Here's one more spokesman for Greenie - she only had a chance to read her sentence today and she will draw the picture as soon as she can (tomorrow, hopefully).
I hope you've not been peeking at Nogrod and Greenie's work, Lommy. That'd be cheating.
Old 07-07-2008, 03:50 PM   #833
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
I hope you've not been peeking at Nogrod and Greenie's work, Lommy. That'd be cheating.
Aiee, no, I swear I haven't. I just know that she's read her sentence because she gave checking it as a reason why she should use the computer before me after both of us having been isolated from all online life for almost three weeks.
Old 07-11-2008, 02:46 PM   #834
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Hey Mr Eönwë, will I soon get a nice pic to write a sentence about?
Old 07-11-2008, 02:50 PM   #835
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Sorry Agan, I will have it done by tomorrow. It's kind of hard to depict.

Last edited by Eönwë; 07-12-2008 at 02:32 PM.
Eönwë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 03:07 PM   #836
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

I'm in no hurry, just wanted to know how it was going.
Old 07-12-2008, 01:55 PM   #837
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Ok, Aganzir, well you should get it soon. I've sent it to Hookbill.
Old 07-12-2008, 02:00 PM   #838
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Okay, I just had to check back though the chain to see how in the world we got to where we are now... IT IS GOING INSANE!!!

I can't wait to see how it turns out at the end after such humble beginnings...
Old 07-12-2008, 02:19 PM   #839
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Okay, I just had to check back though the chain to see how in the world we got to where we are now... IT IS GOING INSANE!!!
I can't wait to see how it turns out at the end after such humble beginnings...
I know, and I agree. I got the first sentence to draw and the picture I got a while ago had nothing to do with it.
Old 07-12-2008, 02:27 PM   #840
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
I know, and I agree. I got the first sentence to draw and the picture I got a while ago had nothing to do with it.
I am one behind you, and I know exactly what you mean.

I really want to see the end result!

Last edited by Eönwë; 07-12-2008 at 02:33 PM.
Eönwë is offline   Reply With Quote