The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-10-2012, 05:39 PM   #1
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Movie Characters Revisited: Introduction and Concept

I was re-watching the LOTR movies recently and thinking a lot about the characters, and how well (or not) they were portrayed in the movies. The design will be similar to the CBC discussions in the Book Forums, but this will be all about the movie characters, with a new character every week.

The main purpose of this thread is to see if there's interest in doing a weekly series of movie charaters' discussions. Only have some easily followed pattern, so it's not a confused blob of random characters people are talking about. I can keep doing these as long as there are characters to discuss, and people willing to discuss them.

Here is the list I came up with, the 9 Fellowship members plus a couple other fairly important characters. If there are any other characters someone wants to talk about, please post on this thread, and I can add them on the list.

Gandalf
Frodo
Gollum/Smeagol
Sam
Merry
Pippin
Aragorn
Boromir
Gimli
Legolas
Saruman
Arwen
Eowyn
Faramir
Theoden
Eomer
Denethor
Sauron
Elrond/Galadriel
Treebeard/Ents

A note: All of these discussions will have starting points and questions (normally a handful of scenes, or observations) that deal with the casting, script-writing, and the portrayal compared to the books. But like the Chapter-by-Chapter threads, you can talk about anything pertinent to the movie character. (While also staying away from the "ZOMG Legolas is HOTZZ" and "I'm dusterbed by Frodo!" )

In the next couple days I will open up a thread for a discussion about Gandalf in the movies, and then open the next one the following week. This thread will be a HQ of sorts, if there are any other comments, questions about the overall "Characters Revisited" series. Or if there are other movie characters people want to discuss, I can add them on to the list. I will also link all the threads back to this one.

Last edited by Boromir88; 07-30-2012 at 04:59 AM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote