The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2010, 03:40 AM   #1
morwen edhelwen
Haunting Spirit

morwen edhelwen has just left Hobbiton.
Facebook group

Can anyone tell me how long it takes to be given membership confirmation for the Facebook group? When I check the group page all it says is "Awaiting membership confirmation."
morwen edhelwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 07:02 AM   #2
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Either Formendacil or Gurthang (who has been very inactive on the Downs lately) has to confirm your membership, and I'm under the impression Form has also been pretty busy of late. Just be patient.

The group is here in case there are other facebooking Downers out there.
Old 08-27-2010, 07:51 AM   #3
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by morwen edhelwen View Post
Can anyone tell me how long it takes to be given membership confirmation for the Facebook group? When I check the group page all it says is "Awaiting membership confirmation."
Hi Morwen,

I am the active administrator of the Facebook group--Gurthang "retired" some time ago.

I *do* have two confirmations waiting, and they've been waiting for some time--but confirming membership there is not an automatic process. Before anyone is approved, I need to know that the person asking to join is a real Downer. Normally, I ascertain this by sending the applicant a message on Facebook asking what their username is. If you're one of the two applications that have been sitting on Facebook for a while now, then you're either the one who applied, and to whom I sent a message--in which case the message apparently didn't go through--or else you're the lady with her settings so tight that I can't send a message.

In either case, however, you can PM me right here on the Downs and tell me your "real" name, so that I can approve you. The point isn't so much the process as me being certain that you are a "real" Downer. Not, of course, that I can ever be 100% certain, but since we're sharing our real names and real lives on the Facebook group, this preliminary, very minor, hurdle is the least we can do.

I look forward, presumably, to getting your PM.

~Formendacil
Old 08-31-2010, 04:31 PM   #4
Snowdog
Emperor of the South Pole

Snowdog is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Pipe

I decided to jump in. You will have a request from Rich.
Snowdog is offline   Reply With Quote