The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-05-2004, 11:22 PM   #1
Annantar
Pile O'Bones

Annantar has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe What would you ask Tolkien?

I know this is just another Topic that I've started but I wonder, if Tolkien came back to life, What would I ask him if I just so happen to run into the fellow? There are so many questions that I couldn't possibly ask...the more I found out the more I would need to know. Good question huh? What would u want to know? would it have to do specificly with LOTR, or any of the other books? Or both Maybe....but after all he is just one man....lay off the questions please! lol -kidding. But I would just like to know what is one everyones mind? So please give me something good! [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 10:24 AM January 07, 2004: Message edited by: Legolas ]
Old 01-06-2004, 07:04 AM   #2
DarkRose
Wight

DarkRose has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to DarkRose
Sting

Well, first off, I would ask him out for tea. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] So we could have a good time to chat, and all. Then I suppose I'd either be gushing with questions or scared silly. I would ask him who his favorite LOTR character was. I would also ask about certain symbols in the books that I have often wondered about.

I would also get his opinions on the movies and then perhaps fill him in on the advances of the new millenium. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-06-2004, 02:58 PM   #3
Oroaranion
Haunting Spirit

Oroaranion has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

I think i would ask him all about how he creted the languages. He must be a genius to create so many languages. But then so many more uestions would follow and he'd probably get bored and then I'd have to leave him alone... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 01-07-2004, 01:18 PM   #4
Daisy Brambleburr
Shade of Carn Dûm

Daisy Brambleburr has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

I think it would be kind of cool to show him the characters from the movies. It would be very weird for him to see the characters he's invented played by other people who may not neccessarily look right at all. I wonder what he'd make of all the plot changes. And I'd ask him little questions about the hobbits families (Merry's inparticular) Legolas' hair colour and age and if he was really put in to just make up the numbers, how he came up with Bombadils groovesome songs and lots of other little things like that. I'd have to give myself a lot of time to plan... But I don't know why he'd want to talk to me!
Old 01-07-2004, 03:22 PM   #5
Goldberry
Shade of Carn Dûm

Goldberry has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Goldberry
Shield

First, I'd ask him if balrogs had wings, since it is an age-old question, after all. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Then I'd ask him about whether trolls had humanlike organs. This wonder came about while re-reading The Hobbit and thinking, for the first time, just how did trolls turn to stone? Did they just become immobilized but still see, hear, and think? Or did they die? That's really the only scientific/technical thing that I wonder about Middle-Earthean (is that a word?) phenomena. So I would ask him those strange questions and then he would think I am odd to wonder such weird things. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-08-2004, 10:27 AM   #6
Elladriar

Sting

erm i would ask did you base any of the characters on any of your frineds or family? yeah, i know kinda unoriginal, but thats the best i could do!! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]