The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2006, 04:59 PM   #281
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Gurthang has just left Hobbiton.
I miss Perky, too. Last I recall, he was having a delimma over picking his PT. He's got one now, I see, but he's not been around much since then.

AndGarin, I've also missed. I hope he can come back soon, maybe join in a WW game again.

This may be a surprise to most of you, but I'd like to see Loki back. I know that was a rather bad situation around him, but he brought a certain... initiative that I sort of liked. And he certainly made things interesting.
Old 08-14-2006, 05:02 PM   #282
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
This may be a surprise to most of you, but I'd like to see Loki back. I know that was a rather bad situation around him, but he brought a certain... initiative that I sort of liked. And he certainly made things interesting.
I fully agree I saw a lot of potential in him and thought he would been a good opponent/ally.
Old 08-14-2006, 05:15 PM   #283
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
I must also agree to both Gurthang and Morm about Loki.

But even as I myself know that my own way of playing WW is not something everyone appreciates, I still think he (?!) could have made it better with a bit softer or more modest approach...

Sometimes something is just too much when one clearly states that all the others are only stupid and ignorant fools (even though the one who says this seems to be intelligent enough).

It's called bad manners or something. You natives know it better what to call it...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 05:34 PM   #284
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Never met Loki. . .

But I do miss Perky very dearly and I realy want to know how and hes family are doing. . . the last I heard was that they where still not able to return to New Orleans,

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 05:41 PM   #285
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
PERKY!!! WHERE ARE YOU!?!?!? Seriously!! He (other than Wilwa and her siblings) was one of the first friends I had on this site so I do miss him dearly.

I also really miss Garin. We still haven't gotten our chance to pay SpM back for that WW game.

As for Loki, none of us really got to know him to well, but I'd very much like too. Like you've all said, he's got a lot of potential.

Oh, Mith, thanks for letting us know about Ang. I sent him a PM to do for an interview for ME Idol after his elimination and I was wondering why I never got it back.
Old 08-14-2006, 06:18 PM   #286
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
And whatever has happened to Amanaduial the Archer??
Indeed. She used to be quite a regular on the BD and I used to be in RPGs with her all the time. I was quite surprised not to see her around when I returned from my long absence. She hasn't updated her xanga blog for awhile either.
Old 08-15-2006, 06:12 AM   #287
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Aman is another of our sixthformers - and one who has a lot of music commitments - so has many demands on her time. I hope very much she will get back to us sometime. I learnt so much from RPGing with her.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 03:30 PM   #288
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Both Cailin and Spawn have been very quiet or even absent this summer.
Old 08-15-2006, 03:58 PM   #289
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
well Spawn is from Finland and they go to those weird cabbins for weeks. . . But I guess that only explains a few weeks.

Old 08-15-2006, 04:11 PM   #290
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
I knew where Ang was/is and I still miss him. And not just because he makes a spectacular Tom Felton in my ATM2. Because ever since he framed me Day 1 of the very first WW game and set the stage for Kuru's spectacular coup, I've become attached. Working with him so closely in Island of Sorrow... enlisting his aid for my own RP... beating each other senseless via wolvery... my long-standing belief that he looks like Antonio Bandares...

Anguirel, come back to us!

And Aman... the first 'Downer to welcome me. She spotted my name on the newly registered spot and PMed me. And that truly amazing duel in the Gauntlet Tavern that one time... I miss her.

Really, I miss the phantom. I'll admit it. I know that he lurks, but I haven't spotted a post in ages. My darling, my dear, how are we supposed to keep the rumors alive if you disappear like this?
Old 08-15-2006, 05:48 PM   #291
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

The Perky Ent has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to The Perky Ent
Leaf

Hi guys

Rune caught me on AIM, so I thought I'd say hi. Family's doing ok, I guess. I recently got accepted to a creative writing institute, so I might be comming back to brush up on my writing :O I miss you all <3

Oh, and I miss Finwe
'But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.'

Last edited by The Perky Ent; 08-15-2006 at 05:55 PM.
The Perky Ent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 06:25 PM   #292
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Yeah, Finwe is definitely missed. And so are a lot of people who used to haunt the QR - Lindolirian, luthien-elvenprincess, NightKnight... (I know I'm missing people) It's been a long time since I would spend a couple hours at a time just exchanging trivia. It sort of lost it's appeal to me as a lot of those people weren't around as much. And Nilp. Apparently he's been around some but he hasn't posted much.
Quote:
I still miss Kransha. And whatever has happened to Amanaduial the Archer??
Heartily seconded. And Fordim, I rather miss seeing you around the RP'ing forums...

It can be so sad when people come and go online... a lot of the time, you never find out what happened to them.
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 08:55 PM   #293
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

PERKY!! YAY!! I missed you!! Glad to know that you're doing good!! And yes, I noticed that Cailin, Spawn and Tailesin seem to have fallen quiet.
Old 08-16-2006, 11:44 AM   #294
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

The Perky Ent has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to The Perky Ent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoot
Yeah, Finwe is definitely missed. And so are a lot of people who used to haunt the QR - Lindolirian, luthien-elvenprincess, NightKnight... (I know I'm missing people) It's been a long time since I would spend a couple hours at a time just exchanging trivia. It sort of lost it's appeal to me as a lot of those people weren't around as much. And Nilp. Apparently he's been around some but he hasn't posted much. Heartily seconded. And Fordim, I rather miss seeing you around the RP'ing forums...

It can be so sad when people come and go online... a lot of the time, you never find out what happened to them.

NightKnight, Amanduial, luthien, andNil? I miss them even more now
'But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.'
The Perky Ent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 03:50 PM   #295
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

I miss Koneko, she was only here a brief period and not as geeky (about Tolkien) as most of us, but she was fun and was a vital part of the days when the Quiz Room was action packed.

I also know that she is just to bussy right now to re-join, but I still miss her.

Old 08-20-2006, 04:44 PM   #296
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

sorry for the double post

What ever happened to Morsul of the Dark ?

He was a nice person to have in the forum.

Old 08-21-2006, 12:32 AM   #297
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Silmaril *cough*

Strange things happen to people insane with love . . .
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 07:53 PM   #298
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Leaf

Birdland, aka Birdie, aka, just about any good animal voice possible in the rpgs back in the day. Wonderful sense of humour too, generous and kind spirited.

Old 08-21-2006, 09:05 PM   #299
Mister Underhill
Dread Horseman

Mister Underhill has been trapped in the Barrow!
Hard to believe, but the board software says that Birdie hasn't even lurked since 8/28/05 -- almost exactly a year ago. Alas, Birdie. There's a slew of members I associate with that era who aren't around anymore: Maril, Nar, Belin, Kalessin...
Mister Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 07:30 AM   #300
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I miss Everdawn. And Iarwain.
Old 08-22-2006, 10:58 AM   #301
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

I've been wondering, where has Enca gotten to?? And Saucy. He seems to have disappeared for a bit.
Old 08-22-2006, 12:09 PM   #302
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Members I dearly miss: Amanaduial, dragoneyes, Ithaeliel, Mattius, Vanima, and Auriel. I RPGed with all of them at least one time and miss writing with them.

Also, what has ever happened to Beren87, Raefindel, Arien, Alkanoonion, GaladrieloftheOlden, Gorwingel, and LePetitChoux? I have not seen any of them since I came back in June.

Finally, most wouldn't remember her, but Nevfeniel was always a friendly member of the Downs- I believe she was one of the first to welcome me when I first joined. She hasn't been around for at least three years. It was always a pity to see her disappear...

Last edited by Brinniel; 08-22-2006 at 12:26 PM.
Brinniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 12:17 PM   #303
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

I noticed Ainaserkewen has gone missing. She was one of the first to welcome me and we talked frequently and I miss takling to her.

Last edited by Glirdan; 08-22-2006 at 01:13 PM.
Glirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 12:26 PM   #304
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan
I've been wondering, where has Enca gotten to?? And Saucy. He seems to have disappeared for a bit.
Encai's lurked, but she's been busy and hasn't really posted. Saucie needs to clear his inbox.
Old 08-24-2006, 03:07 PM   #305
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

Does anyone know what has happened to the phantom?
I've been waiting ages to see his reaction to my comic strip in The Downer; "The Phantom and Alien".

Maybe Alien ate him!
Old 08-24-2006, 03:19 PM   #306
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

From what I understand he is just very busy and pretty much only post in RPG's when needed to.

Old 08-24-2006, 06:06 PM   #307
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

He has been called away to join the intergalactic federation in a desperate defensive struggle against those who would like to destroy his cucumber eating privelages. Read: he's busy.
Old 08-29-2006, 06:22 PM   #308
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne
What ever happened to Morsul of the Dark ?

He was a nice person to have in the forum.
Well I'm glad someone missed me I now officially have internet at my house so i hope to spend more time here again
Old 08-29-2006, 06:56 PM   #309
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Chocolate chip, you're back!! Three cheers!
Old 08-30-2006, 01:37 AM   #310
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

Ummm...hi...*waves timidly and hides behind a tree*

wow being back here is weird.
Old 08-30-2006, 07:23 AM   #311
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Vanima! Amazing. Was there a party to which I wasn't invited at which some of my favorite 'Downers spent copious amounts of time before returning? Because two in one day-span makes me smile.
Old 08-30-2006, 07:46 AM   #312
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
It must be something in the water. Early yesterday morning, I saw the famed doug*platypus lurking on the site, although he did not post. Just a ghost of a memory floating in....

And Vanima it is good to see you.
Old 08-30-2006, 07:57 AM   #313
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Good to see you again Morsul.

Old 08-30-2006, 08:00 AM   #314
Valesse
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Valesse has just left Hobbiton.
Woohoo! Welcome back Morsul and Vanivanivanivani!
Old 08-30-2006, 10:11 AM   #315
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Hooray Vanima! I'm glad to see you back.
Old 08-30-2006, 07:49 PM   #316
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Leaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Underhill
Hard to believe, but the board software says that Birdie hasn't even lurked since 8/28/05 -- almost exactly a year ago. Alas, Birdie. ...
Aye. The raven is flown, the dophin swam away, and the Downs is the poorer for it.
Old 09-12-2006, 06:01 AM   #317
Maikadilwen
Summoner of Lost Souls

Maikadilwen has just left Hobbiton.
I miss Tirned Tinnu. She hasn't been on at all since the forum was moved. A most kind and intelligent woman, I must say. And I clearly remember our PM-discussion about the yummy-ness of Ciaran Hinds...
Old 09-13-2006, 03:55 AM   #318
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Our dear spawn has been quit inactive lately. When she's online she's always only PMing.

I must say, I quite miss her.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 11:21 AM   #319
zifnab
Shade of Carn Dűm

zifnab has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindolirian
I haven't seen Bruce MacCulloch or Mat Heathertoes/Russandol for a while either. Zifnab was a good chap, too.

I'm still here! Thanks for the concern!

"If I never met you, I wouldn't like you. If I didn't like you, I wouldn't love you. If I didn't love you, I wouldn't miss you. But I did, I do, and I will.” - from somebody thats not me.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:56 PM   #320
Lush
Fair and Cold

Lush is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
Silmaril

It's amazing to look back on my experiences here and realize that the forum, ephemeral as it might seem from a "real life" (whatever than means, as Mr. Nabokov used to say) perspective, has impacted my life in subtle and important ways. Some of the people who have made such a difference are still around. Others, it appear, are lost to me.

I miss them.