Old 06-10-2006, 07:27 PM   #1041
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Undómë has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Nogrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arry
I think it will be fine, too, to have an attack on the Bregoware villagers – as long as none of Osmod’s or Meghan’s family are killed (they can handle that themselves if they want to).
Yes, it will be alright with me if there is an Orc attack on the villagers
Young she was and yet not so. The braids of her dark hair were touched by no frost, her white arms and clear face were flawless and smooth, and the light of stars was in her bright eyes, grey as a cloudless night . . .
Old 06-11-2006, 03:25 AM   #1042
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Thanks Arry! I'll try to post my final post today.

Quote:
I think it will be fine, too, to have an attack on the Bregoware villagers – as long as none of Osmod’s or Meghan’s family are killed (they can handle that themselves if they want to).
I think that kind of goes without saying... I won't be making a catalogue of people dead on that skirmish.

But if they (Farael & Undómë) want to build something like a sad twist to their last posts, that surely affords them the possibility of doing so.
Old 06-11-2006, 11:44 AM   #1043
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I've sent my final post. Please inform me if there is something that doesn't sit right with you. Otherwise, thanks for the game! It was my first and even though it went a bit quiet towards the end, I have enjoyed writing a story with you all!

Hope to see you in the next one, one day.
Old 06-13-2006, 07:29 PM   #1044
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tevildo has just left Hobbiton.
Arry,

I wanted to let you know my epilogue is done. I will be covering Leod and Dorran in a single post. However, since Folwren and I are posting in tandem, I need to wait till she gets hers up first. I believe she'll be returning by the end of the week, and we can go ahead at that point.

Tevildo
Now Tevildo was a mighty cat--the mightiest of all--and possessed of an evil spirit,...and he was in Melko's constant following; and that cat had all cats subject to him, and he and his subjects were the chasers and getters of meat for Melko's table.
Old 06-14-2006, 03:25 AM   #1045
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arry has just left Hobbiton.
Tevildo

How far into the future will your epilog and Folwren's go?
Old 06-14-2006, 07:38 AM   #1046
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

year 6, 4th Age.....about 10 years

If that is a problem, please let us know.
Now Tevildo was a mighty cat--the mightiest of all--and possessed of an evil spirit,...and he was in Melko's constant following; and that cat had all cats subject to him, and he and his subjects were the chasers and getters of meat for Melko's table.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:31 AM   #1047
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tevildo/Folwren

No - that will be fine. I'll just let your 2 epilogs be the last posts for the game.

-----

Farael

Are you going to write a final post for your character?

-- Arry
Old 06-15-2006, 11:28 AM   #1048
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

My and Undómë's epilog is up - in her SAVE space.

I put a SAVE just below Farael's and will move the Meghan/Brand post depending on what Farael writes.

Still planning on Folwren and Tevildo beng the last 2 entries to the game.

-- Arry
Old 06-17-2006, 09:48 AM   #1049
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

Folwren,

Are you out there? Hope you had a good week. Can we coordinate our posts?

Tevildo
Old 06-17-2006, 12:33 PM   #1050
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'm here, I just answered your PM, and I had an excellent week. If I thought any of you would be interested, I'd tell you. I'm working on my final post and since it appears everyone is actually waiting on me, I guess I'd better really get working on it and finish it up as soon as possible. I will do my best, perhaps I'll be done and able to get it up this evening. I'll very probably manage to have it by tomorrow.

-- Folwren
Old 06-17-2006, 04:25 PM   #1051
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Alright, my save is up. If we are doing this chronologically I will probably have to move it somewhere else, but that is ok. Let me know if/when you need me to do so.

Now, I don't think this has been said before, so I'll be the first one to do so. It has been a pleasure, a true privilege, to write with such a talented group of people like you. Maybe some have dropped out along the way, and they were missed, but I enjoyed writing with you all very much.

It has been an interesting experience, as I've gone through many ups and downs personally while this story was written, but at times Outracing The Flames was an escape from it all, and what a wonderful escape it was.

Again, thanks to you all and I'm looking forward to read the epilogues that we are still missing.
Old 06-18-2006, 05:26 AM   #1052
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
= Farael
It has been a pleasure, a true privilege, to write with such a talented group of people like you. Maybe some have dropped out along the way, and they were missed, but I enjoyed writing with you all very much.
I wholeheartedly agree with Farael on this. And as my first written RPG ever (and in a foreign language!), this really has been an experience! Even though Sythric came in late and as a character seemed to be a bit different (Raedwald, r.i.p., not included) he surely was a bit side-tracked from many associations between you others, but I still loved to write him as a kind of hang-around member of the group. Also his lonely ride in the beginning and his being wounded in the end forced me to post lots of "private rememberance posts" to build his character in quite an inward fashion. Hopefully the next time I will have a character who will be more involved with the others...

Thanks Arry for a great set up of the game! And Brand really felt like having a Scandinavian, almost Finnish mindset. So he was very familiar character to me...

Thanks Tevildo for a great game! With Leod especially you really took resposibilty in getting the things going. And if Dorran is to continue his adventures, I'm interested to see what comes out from him.

Thanks Undómë for writing so sensitively and beautifully (I really admired many of your posts)! You are a gifted writer indeed!

Thanks to Folwren also. Athwen's joining the group really stimulated the game and you too write nicely.

And thanks to Farael for Osmod's character, even though he kind of went a bit unseen towards the end. I would have loved to see him being actively in the game to the end, but yes, RL is a force majeure hindrance...

Child! You really electrified the scene every time you dropped in! Excellent writing indeed.

And yes, thanks to all those who made nice contributions to the game at its early stages. It was sad to see that you dropped out.

Enjoy the RL-summer everyone.

I hope we meet again!

Last edited by Nogrod; 06-18-2006 at 05:48 AM.
Old 06-18-2006, 10:03 AM   #1053
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
My post is up. Good gracious. . . these last posts are always the hardest for me to write. Tevildo will be getting his post up after mine and that will finish off Athwen's story and explain the ending of my last post.

Everyone, all your epilogues are wonderful. I have repped those of you who I could, but some I've evidently given too many reputations to too recently. This game has been a lot of fun. I'm really impressed with Nogrod and Farael, who both use English as their second language. Great work, guys.

Arry, I think this was an excellent game. I'm glad you did it, and you did a great job as game owner and overseer.

-- Folwren
Old 06-18-2006, 11:24 AM   #1054
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

Thumbs up

Thanks to everyone. I have enjoyed writing in this story, and repped those whom I could.

Athwen - Especially thanks for suggesting we collaborate on the last posts. It was fun doing it together.

Arry - Thanks for your leadership and hard work.

Looks as if our game sprouted two marriages! Hope to write with everyone again.
Old 06-18-2006, 12:58 PM   #1055
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Thumbs up

Great game, everyone!

Enjoyed reading along as it progressed.

~*~ Pio
Old 06-19-2006, 03:19 PM   #1056
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.