The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-08-2003, 11:38 AM   #1481
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

When you've officially succeeded in corrupting your little cousin (who is seven) to LotR. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I'm so proud of him. Every time he comes to my house he asks "Can we watch Lord of the Rings?" I'm gonna start reading him the books soon. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Abedithon le,

~*~Aranel~*~

EDIT:
HAPPY 1000TH POST TO ME!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ November 08, 2003: Message edited by: Sapphire_Flame ]
Old 11-08-2003, 11:50 AM   #1482
Goldberry
Shade of Carn Dûm

Goldberry has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Goldberry
Shield

Wow, 19 pages! I haven't been here in quite a while. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

When does the new soundtrack come out?

I can't wait to go see the Matrix Revolutions, especially since the RotK trailer is on it! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

-When you are bowling for gym class and you wonder what elves would think of bowling. Hmmm...seems a bit more hobbit-ish to me. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Congrats on your 1000th post, Sapphire! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ November 08, 2003: Message edited by: Goldberry ]
Old 11-08-2003, 12:46 PM   #1483
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Elennar Starfire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Elennar Starfire
Silmaril

Quote:
Well, that's my bit. Now I have people to talk to about my greatest joy in life ( other than my dachshunds)!
---------------------------------------------
*squee* I love dachshunds! I don't have one, though...
Yes, dachshunds are great dogs! I luv 'em! <(^_^)>

~ When you watch the RotK trailer constantly at school whenever you have a chance to use the computer, and are extremely upset when the bell rings halfway through it. This happened twice. [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] (I was watching it in the school library at lunch, and the librarian came over to watch it! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img])

~ When you see someone in the school library reading RotK, and you show your painted fingernails and say, 'FRODO LIVES!' quite loudly.
Old 11-08-2003, 01:17 PM   #1484
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
quote:Well, that's my bit. Now I have people to talk to about my greatest joy in life ( other than my dachshunds)!
---------------------------------------------
*squee* I love dachshunds! I don't have one, though...

Yes, dachshunds are great dogs! I luv 'em! <(^_^)>
Yes, dachshunds are cool! They're one of my favorite breeds (other than pugs)
Quote:
~ When you watch the RotK trailer constantly at school whenever you have a chance to use the computer, and are extremely upset when the bell rings halfway through it. This happened twice. (I was watching it in the school library at lunch, and the librarian came over to watch it!
I'm rather annoyed about my schoool's very unenlighened policy on using the library computers for non-school related stuff at lunch- they say it's too distracting. [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Oh drat, I have to go before I can post what I wanted to [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] . Namarie!
Old 11-08-2003, 02:06 PM   #1485
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen1858 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arwen1858
Silmaril

~When you see the word melon and think it says mellon.
~When you freak out because you see a doctors office for Dr. Balin.
Old 11-08-2003, 02:17 PM   #1486
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

You see a car go by your school bus with "Bilbo" proudly emblazoned on it!

You are the proud sister of two younger brothers (an 8-year-old and a 2-year-old) who are positively LotR corrupted! The only way that the 2-year-old calms down is if I either sing to him (the Fall of Gil-galad, A Elbereth Gilthoniel, or the Hobbit drinking song) or we all watching The Two Towers.

*sigh* I'm so proud! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 03:20 PM   #1487
Laitoste
Wight

Laitoste has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

When you think that the only decent thing about your town is that it's named Greenleaf. Of course, that's not an opinion, it's a fact!
Old 11-08-2003, 04:16 PM   #1488
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Sting

Quote:
HAPPY 1000TH POST TO ME!!!
Congrats on your 1000th post Sapphire_Flame!
Quote:
When you think that the only decent thing about your town is that it's named Greenleaf.
Lucky!! I envy you! Would that be greenleaf in Wisconsin? I looked on a map once and I found it. Of course, you don't have to tell me, because I could potentially be some evil person who's out to get you (which I am not) [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] Btw, Laitoste, welcome to the 'Downs and enjoy your death!

Okay, now what I wanted to post earlier:

My little brother joined the 'Downs!!!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] His name here is High King Fingolfin (hence the addition to my signature) Sorry, the guy who be short and ElenCala Isil, for using your idea, please let me know if you mind too terribly.

And back on topic...

~When you and your brother are sleeping in your basement (it's long story why), and your mom comes down to get something. The lights were off, and she turned them on and then turned the back off again really fast. You have your eyes closed, so it looked like the part of the trailer where Sauron's Eye flashes on screen, right after Legolas says "He is here". You proceed to say that it looks like this, Which leads your mom to say "Sauron is not in our basement." Your brother suggests that maybe it reminds him (Sauron) of Barad Dur, so you then list all the things which your basement has that Barad Dur does not, including your old Barbies. We then started imagining Sauron playing with Barbies! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Au revoir, mes amis!
Old 11-08-2003, 06:03 PM   #1489
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Quote:
Congrats on your 1000th post Sapphire_Flame!
Quote:
Congrats on your 1000th post, Sapphire!
Thankies, you guys! ^^
Quote:
When does the new soundtrack come out?
That would be November 25, Goldberry. Anyone else gonna camp out in front of a store to get the first copy? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Abedithon le,

~*~Aranel~*~
Old 11-08-2003, 06:46 PM   #1490
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Sting

I AM!!!!!!!!!! I plan to completely memorize the score way before RotK comes out and start humming it everywhere until I get smacked by someone!
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Old 11-08-2003, 10:15 PM   #1491
lothlorien

lothlorien has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hi I havent been back here in ages school started again for me so I had to study for my school certificate and all but now I can finally post again.

Anyway you know your obsessed when you go shopping for formal dresses and you spend about 4 hours refusing to buy every dress your sisters hand you cause they havent got an elvish look.

And when you start jumping up and down while shrieking for joy because you found really cool ring and bracelet set that looks very elvish.

When you have a casual teacher and she spends the lesson giving you strange looks because you spend the whole lesson speaking elvish to your friend (WHO DOESN'T LIKE MIDDLE EARTH) I might add.

Oh my English teacher really likes lord of the rings and she has these really cool pictures like the ones in the books on the walls with some lines form the books and everything...Anyway we had a compertion one time and I won she was going to give the winner a prise so I asked her if I could have the pictures on the wall and she said no. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
From lothlorien
lothlorien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 10:53 PM   #1492
Amarantha_Daisy
Wight

Amarantha_Daisy has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Quote:
We then started imagining Sauron playing with Barbies!
Heh heh heh... I'm gonna have dreams about that tonight, I can tell!

Happy 1000th post, Sapphire! I have a long way to go before that honor...

-When you spend most of Japanese class staring at a girl's earrings from afar because they look like the Evenstar and you can't tell if they are or not

-When you start squeeing madly because you hear someone say "Not all those who wander are lost" on a hotel commercial.

-When you then proceed to recite "All that is gold does not glitter" to your family.

-When you're more looking forward to seeing the RotK trailer before the Matrix than you're looking forward to seeing the Matrix itself.

-When you spend your time at a party teaching your friend the hobbit drinking song while everyone else is playing manhunt
Old 11-08-2003, 11:37 PM   #1493
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Sting

You wake up in a cold sweat at night because you think someone is in your room, but when you manage to grab your sword (yes, I've got a sword) and flip the light-switch, you realize that it's your life-size cardboard Aragorn cutout standing opposite corner of your room, looking quite menacing.
Old 11-09-2003, 09:21 AM   #1494
Maethorien
Animated Skeleton

Maethorien has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

When one of the words on your orthography (That's spelling, vocabulary, and etymology all in one) is entomology, so you begin laughing your head off and muttering about studying Ents.
Old 11-09-2003, 09:37 AM   #1495
Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
When you're more looking forward to seeing the RotK trailer before the Matrix than you're looking forward to seeing the Matrix itself.
Is that trailer in front of EVERY SINGLE screening of the Matrix? Cos here it's up to the projectionist...I saw Matrix and the trailer wasn't there, but the Toy trailer was!!!!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Oh I don't know...when you spend all day, no weekend, on LOTR sites instead of the two pieces of coursework you have due in pretty soon....
Old 11-09-2003, 02:08 PM   #1496
Princess Of DolAmroth

Silmaril

Ok this only about my third post, so i'm new here!
~*~*~*~*~*~

1) When at your school, and they have a poster of the fellowship in your library, and eveytime you pass you have to stop and stare at it until your freind drags you off to class.... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

2) When at the movie theature watching PoTC you overhear some people talking about LoTR, and they get Frodo and Sam mixed up, and you immediatily (sp?) correct them, and give them a lecture about the diffrences between the two!

3) When on your Christmas list 99% of the things have something to do with LoTR (I wonder if my parents would get me a sword.... [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] )

4) Your freinds don't have to ask you what movie you want to watch when they come over they already know TTT!

and....

5) You have decided that elvish should be avalible as second language during high school. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Namarie!
Old 11-09-2003, 02:28 PM   #1497
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

The Barrow-Wight is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

This topic is too large to stay open.

CLOSING.
Old 02-12-2004, 04:26 PM   #1498
Vuelve
Wight

Location: A portal to an alternate dimension at your local Wal-Mart store.
Vuelve has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Vuelve
You Know your obsessed with LOTR when Part 4

The BW decided part 3 was too big so I started this one.Please don't kill me; although I'm not sure if thats quite possible since we are already dead on here anyhow,right?anyways:

You know your obsessed when: In english we had to write poems describing a friend.My friend wrote "knows alot about LOTR."when she wrote about me.Needless to say I went crazy, and thought of the Downs as soon as I read this.

Don't re-kill me,
Vuelve
Vuelve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 05:14 PM   #1499
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Yay! I'm so glad to have a new version of this thread. I really missed the old one when it was closed.

You know you're obsessed when:
~You have made it your mission to convince everyone you know to read LotR.
~You teach yourself how to play the Gondor and Rohan themes on the violin.
Old 02-12-2004, 08:18 PM   #1500
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eorl of Rohan has just left Hobbiton.
All right, I'll have a go.

You know you are obsessed with LOTR when -

You go around neopets roleplay forums breaking up lotr roleplays made out of chatspeak and slang. *sigh* The work is endless...

You bring a heavy copy of LOTR (mine is in one volume) to school every day, and read it whenever time allows

You name your seven goldfishes after LOTR characters. - Faramir, Eorl, Feanor, Maedhros, Hurin, Elrohir, and the injured goldfish as Brandir.

Last edited by Eorl of Rohan; 02-12-2004 at 08:23 PM.
Eorl of Rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 09:57 PM   #1501
Aredhel Ar-Feiniel
Haunting Spirit

Aredhel Ar-Feiniel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

When you go shopping and you and your friend start deciding what would look best on the LOTR characters.

Sad but true...