The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-28-2002, 08:29 PM   #1
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

The Barrow-Wight is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Question Mad Lib #11

Mad Lib #11 is up, and here's the result I got... I thought it was funny enought to share.

The can of beer of Fëanor

Then Fëanor slammed a terrible can of beer. His 144 second-cousins leapt straightway to his side and slammed the selfsame can of beer together, and red as blood shone their drawn CDs in the glare of the torches. They slammed a(n) can of beer which none shall crush, and none should drop, by the name even of Ilúvatar, calling the Everlasting Dark upon them if they kept it not; and Madonna they named in witness, and Boy George, and the hallowed mountain of bacon, vowing to pursue with vengeance and hatred to the ends of the World Hobbit, Warg, Lilliputian or New Yorker as yet unborn, or any creature, preposterous or smelly, good or evil, that time should bring forth unto the end of days, whoso should throw or displace or keep a lamb from their possession.

What result did you get??
Old 04-28-2002, 08:32 PM   #2
Starsong of Lorien

Sting

Pray tell, where is the Mad Lib?
Old 04-28-2002, 08:33 PM   #3
Galadrie1
Shade of Carn Dűm

Galadrie1 has just left Hobbiton.
not too funny...the whole toothpick thing is kinda amusing, though:

The toothpick of Fëanor
Then Fëanor climbed a terrible toothpick. His eight grandmothers leapt straightway to his side and climbed the selfsame toothpick together, and red as blood shone their drawn ducks in the glare of the torches. They climbed a(n) toothpick which none shall jump, and none should scratch, by the name even of Ilúvatar, calling the Everlasting Dark upon them if they kept it not; and J.R.R. Tolkien they named in witness, and Boromir, and the hallowed mountain of apple, vowing to pursue with vengeance and hatred to the ends of the World Elf, banker, butcher or hobbit as yet unborn, or any creature, yellow or tall, good or evil, that time should bring forth unto the end of days, whoso should run or swim or keep a dog from their possession.
<BR
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
"For this is what your folk would call magic, I believe; though I do not understand clearly what they mean; and they seem to use the same word of the deceits of the Enemy. But this, if you will, is the magic of Galadriel."
Galadrie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2002, 08:34 PM   #4
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

The Barrow-Wight is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Thumbs up

For those not in the know, the Mad-Lib is here: http://www.barrowdowns.com/madlibs11.asp

Have fun!
Old 04-28-2002, 08:47 PM   #5
ElanorGamgee
Shade of Carn Dűm

ElanorGamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

The Hobbit foot brush of Fëanor

Then Fëanor slammed a terrible Hobbit foot brush. His one million second cousins leapt straightway to his side and slammed the selfsame Hobbit foot brush together, and red as blood shone their drawn pipes in the glare of the torches. They slammed a Hobbit foot brush which none shall hate, and none should jump, by the name even of Ilúvatar, calling the Everlasting Dark upon them if they kept it not; and Elijah Wood they named in witness, and Balin, and the hallowed mountain of cheese cubes, vowing to pursue with vengeance and hatred to the ends of the World Elf, Troll, Hobbit or Ent as yet unborn, or any creature, smelly or old, good or evil, that time should bring forth unto the end of days, whoso should slap or jump or keep a oliphaunt from their possession.

Well, there's my *ahem* interesting contribution... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ April 28, 2002: Message edited by: ElanorGamgee ]
Old 04-29-2002, 12:52 PM   #6
Elronda

Pipe

Oh, yes indeed, the odder, the funnier.
...His Six Grannies leapt straightway to his side and pretended the selfsame pipe together, and red as blood shone their drawn lap-top computers in the glare of the torches...
Barrow-Wight,thanks for a piece of fun at the end of this hard business day [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-29-2002, 02:36 PM   #7
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

mad libs!!! too funny! they should all be collected and called, 'the sillymarillion'!
Old 04-29-2002, 02:52 PM   #8
Gayahithwen
Wight

Gayahithwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Gayahithwen Send a message via MSN to Gayahithwen Send a message via Yahoo to Gayahithwen
Sting

Here is my contribution to this thread..

The snacks of Fëanor

Then Fëanor swimmed a terrible snacks. His eleventy-one little-brothers leapt straightway to his side and swimmed the selfsame snacks together, and red as blood shone their drawn silmarills in the glare of the torches. They swimmed a snacks which none shall type, and none should hate, by the name even of Ilúvatar, calling the Everlasting Dark upon them if they kept it not; and Gil-galad they named in witness, and Manwë, and the hallowed mountain of bread, vowing to pursue with vengeance and hatred to the ends of the World orc, ent, elf or dragon as yet unborn, or any creature, beautiful or golden, good or evil, that time should bring forth unto the end of days, whoso should jumping or reading or keep a horse from their possession.
Old 04-29-2002, 02:54 PM   #9
Lindolirian
World's Tallest Hobbit

Lindolirian has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

The shovel of Fëanor

Then Fëanor chewed on a terrible shovel. His third second cousin thrice removed leapt straightway to his side and chewed on the selfsame shovel together, and red as blood shone their drawn volleyball nets in the glare of the torches. They chewed on a shovel which none shall throw, and none should cook, by the name even of Ilúvatar, calling the Everlasting Dark upon them if they kept it not; and Beleg they named in witness, and Carcaroth, and the hallowed mountain of falafel, vowing to pursue with vengeance and hatred to the ends of the World Turkish chefs, elven monkeys, dwarvish badgers or hobbits as yet unborn, or any creature, stinky or funny, good or evil, that time should bring forth unto the end of days, whoso should hit or fly or keep a ferret from their possession.
Old 04-29-2002, 03:27 PM   #10
Enedhil
Wight

Enedhil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The paperweight of Fëanor

Then Fëanor shouted a terrible paperweight. His 19 step-brothers leapt straightway to his side and shouted the selfsame paperweight together, and red as blood shone their drawn alarm clocks in the glare of the torches. They shouted a paperweight which none shall slap, and none should gasp, by the name even of Ilúvatar, calling the Everlasting Dark upon them if they kept it not; and Oscar Wilde they named in witness, and Gandalf, and the hallowed mountain of cheese, vowing to pursue with vengeance and hatred to the ends of the World healer, elf, hobbit or orc as yet unborn, or any creature, small or short, good or evil, that time should bring forth unto the end of days, whoso should run or skip or keep a cat from their possession. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

ach well, my lib doesn't have a sense of humour. kinda skipped that queue... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

[ April 29, 2002: Message edited by: Enedhil ]
Old 04-29-2002, 05:07 PM   #11
Aralaithiel
Ghost Eldaran Queen

Aralaithiel has just left Hobbiton.
OMG! This is great! I just want you all to know that I do NOT like the celebrities I named in mine. Enjoy!
The notebook of Fëanor

Then Fëanor spanked a terrible notebook. His 66 2nd cousins leapt straightway to his side and spanked the selfsame notebook together, and red as blood shone their drawn maracas in the glare of the torches. They spanked a notebook which none shall scream, and none should whip, by the name even of Ilúvatar, calling the Everlasting Dark upon them if they kept it not; and Britney Spears they named in witness, and Christina Aguilera, and the hallowed mountain of tacos, vowing to pursue with vengeance and hatred to the ends of the World balrog, orc, cave troll or toreador as yet unborn, or any creature, glittering or fuschia, good or evil, that time should bring forth unto the end of days, whoso should shake or dance or keep a donkey from their possession.

Yes, I am having Mexican food for dinner! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 05-01-2002, 10:55 AM   #12
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Raefindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Raefindel
Sting

I love these. the Mad Libs are what first drew me to this site.

The cell phone of Fëanor

Then Fëanor slew a terrible cell phone. His 36 sisters leapt straightway to his side and slew the selfsame cell phone together, and red as blood shone their drawn sweat shirts in the glare of the torches. They slew a cell phone which none shall burn, and none should sleep, by the name even of Ilúvatar, calling the Everlasting Dark upon them if they kept it not; and Billy Graham they named in witness, and Peter Pan, and the hallowed mountain of Jello, vowing to pursue with vengeance and hatred to the ends of the World plumber, minstrel, Balrog or Oliphaunt as yet unborn, or any creature, pregnant or diseased, good or evil, that time should bring forth unto the end of days, whoso should cook or scream or keep a zebra from their possession.
Old 05-17-2002, 04:46 PM   #13
Nevfeniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nevfeniel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

The kittie of Fëanor

Then Fëanor smiled a terrible kittie. His 351561568912 mothers-in-law leapt straightway to his side and smiled the selfsame kittie together, and red as blood shone their drawn smiley faces in the glare of the torches. They smiled a kittie which none shall drool, and none should read, by the name even of Ilúvatar, calling the Everlasting Dark upon them if they kept it not; and Luthien they named in witness, and Beren, and the hallowed mountain of pig-in-a-blanket, vowing to pursue with vengeance and hatred to the ends of the World smurf, fairy, human or dog as yet unborn, or any creature, annoying or puffy, good or evil, that time should bring forth unto the end of days, whoso should romp or play or keep a duck from their possession.
Consider the purr a variety of audible tranquilizer. [. . .] For a few of us, there is one more purr, a secret purr. When we combine our secret purrs, we produce the Purr of Power. And that is simply the amplified amity we feel as furred and purred beings.
Nevfeniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2002, 05:28 PM   #14
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

The arrow of Feanor

Then Fëanor threw a terrible arrow. His nine great-grandmothers leapt straightway to his side and threw the selfsame arrow together, and red as blood shone their drawn caves in the glare of the torches. They threw a arrow which none shall laugh, and none should fall, by the name even of Ilúvatar, calling the Everlasting Dark upon them if they kept it not; and Huan they named in witness, and Luthien, and the hallowed mountain of miruvor, vowing to pursue with vengeance and hatred to the ends of the World Elf, matchmaker, butcher or Dragon as yet unborn, or any creature, beautiful or happy, good or evil, that time should bring forth unto the end of days, whoso should rides or dances or keep a horse from their possession.

Turned out making a teeny bit of sense, sadly. lol

[ May 18, 2002: Message edited by: VanimaEdhel ]
Old 05-20-2002, 02:15 PM   #15
Lothiriel Silmarien
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lothiriel Silmarien has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

The Forbidden Dance of Fëanor

Then Fëanor pranced a terrible forbidden dance. His 119 second cousin's brother's husband leapt straightway to his side and pranced the selfsame forbidden dance together, and red as blood shone their drawn Aragorn's bag o' weed in the glare of the torches. They pranced a forbidden dance which none shall frollic, and none should impreginate, by the name even of Ilúvatar, calling the Everlasting Dark upon them if they kept it not; and B. Catz they named in witness, and Billy Boyd the hottie, and the hallowed mountain of oldy moldy meow mix, vowing to pursue with vengeance and hatred to the ends of the World Laxaplatakis, the ninth Nazgul, Barrel o' Beer or smelly cat as yet unborn, or any creature, disease infested or damn ugly, good or evil, that time should bring forth unto the end of days, whoso should break away or lick or keep a beastly thing to the left from their possession.
Lothiriel Silmarien is offline   Reply With Quote