The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-07-2006, 05:01 AM   #3561
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil
I feel with the popularity declining a bit we probably should slow our games down on the Junior thread and stick to the WW thread for any games.
I disagree. I think the current system is just fine; no there can be a planning discussion for the next game in the other thread and current game admin in the other thread. Besides, I don't see two "branches" being a problem, I'd rather think that if we shut down the junior ones, the games would get crowded. All who wish should be able to play.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 07:31 AM   #3562
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
I agree with Lommy. Plus if we tried to merge the threads again now we would have an enormous list of mods. There are at least 6 on this thread and 6 on WWJ who want to mod next and trying to get all that in order would cause more problems than its worth. There doesn't seem to be major problem with the current system now, and it may be wise to keep it in case the desire to play does pick up again later in the year.

Speaking of mods though, who is next?
Old 10-07-2006, 08:43 AM   #3563
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Well, in theory Gurthang. But he seems doubtful.

Which means it's me. I could start my planned game but I'm not sure it would have my full attention at the moment, as I'm still getting a Shire RP prepared and I'm also trying to get into quite a good university...

I suggested that Mith take my slot sometime back. She's been planning a game with me as her co-mod for some time. So if she feels up to launching it that would be splendid.

If Mith too feels busy though, then it's LMP's turn.
Old 10-11-2006, 01:48 AM   #3564
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ang
Well, in theory Gurthang. But he seems doubtful.

Which means it's me. I could start my planned game but I'm not sure it would have my full attention at the moment, as I'm still getting a Shire RP prepared and I'm also trying to get into quite a good university...

I suggested that Mith take my slot sometime back. She's been planning a game with me as her co-mod for some time. So if she feels up to launching it that would be splendid.

Well, whoever it is s/he's better get prepared, because if I'm not wrong, it's the next game and it should hopefully be able to start after Valier's game has ended at the latest.
Old 10-11-2006, 03:53 AM   #3565
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel
In which case I give my turn over to Feanor, as I have said I would; I'm too busy right now.
littlemanpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 03:59 AM   #3566
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Well I'm fairly certain Fea's busier still, for at least a week, so she told me. morm - the parcel's in your hands.
Old 10-11-2006, 06:19 AM   #3567
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel
Well I'm fairly certain Fea's busier still, for at least a week, so she told me. morm - the parcel's in your hands.
Indeed. *sigh*

I should *crosses fingers* be clear to think about this again after the 20th, so whenever after that circumstances allow...
Old 10-13-2006, 07:44 AM   #3568
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
If neither Morm or Durelin are able (heh, this next game seems to be the hot potato of WW) then it's my turn... and I'm rather busy this next week, but no busier than I'm likely to be for the next X number of weeks. So I'm not adverse to setting up a game whenver the potato may land in my lap. Of course, the game I had in mind requires a fairly large amount of players. So if everyone is too busy to mod, that doesn't bode well for the kind of game I have in mind.
Old 10-13-2006, 07:48 AM   #3569
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
I have nothing against the next game starting next month, but I somehow doubt that others will agree...
Old 10-16-2006, 04:52 PM   #3570
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
If we are in actual need for the next one to host a game, I might like to try one as I have almost two weeks of sick leave left after the surgery I underwent last thursday, and even though I have a pile of exams to check and a need to arrange things for my substitute next week, I think I would have time to think about a game too...

I know, I've enlisted myself to the Junior thread modding but if no one will start a new one here, then I could do it (and remove my reservation from the Jr. thread then).

What I had in mind would be quite a basic game but with the overall assumption that everyone would be free to try very different approaches than they normally do. So outspoken ones would be able to just leave occasional notes of being present and giving "random votes" and those normally quiet could go on theorising without being suspected of that changed behaviour...

I'm not sure if that is a good idea as there is the danger that the vocal ones turn silent but the silent ones don't turn vocal. But I think there are other ways of "being different than normal" than just on volume.

The best way for this would surely be playing with false identities, but as B-W turned this option down quite definitively when I inquiered it the last time, I'm not going to try it again. But we could just play a game with the presumption that no one plays like one usually does. That would give everyone a chance to play in a different role or stance from what they have been used to and try different things if referring to earlier instances would be somehow denied or at least discouraged (as it woulds be an open option to play differently). And newbies surely would be welcomed too.

In the Grimoire-thread it is noted that the villagers are taking the upper hand. Now if the earlier playing styles couldn't be referred to the scales would be more even?

I'm not wishing to push myself or my ideas but I just saw that there seems to be a problem here and I might have the time to build up the next game. Surely anyone next in the line may take the game - and feel free to use my suggestions as well - I would be the first one to assign myself to a game like that...

And if you see problems in my proposal, please voice them.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 05:20 PM   #3571
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Quote:
But we could just play a game with the presumption that no one plays like one usually does. That would give everyone a chance to play in a different role or stance from what they have been used to and try different things if referring to earlier instances would be somehow denied or at least discouraged (as it woulds be an open option to play differently).
I'm afraid it might be way to easy for people to just slip back into their normal personalities without thinking of it. (I mean, it is their normal personality after all ). I think that this would also happen as the pressure mounted.

Speaking for myself, I'm pretty sure that at some point (pretty early on) I'd not be able to keep myself from slipping back into my usual verbal pomposity.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:29 PM   #3572
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
A few wins in a row doesn't necessarily mean they have the 'upper hand.' It's like flipping a coin. You may get 'tails' ten times in a row, but if you flip it enough times, it's going to even out. Maybe. At least, I think there's a good bit of luck involved, as well as skill.

I had proposed a 'masquerade ball' game some time ago that I still wish to do, in which people try their hardest to play as their chosen masked identity would play (their identity for the 'ball' being that of another Downer).

But...

Quote:
The best way for this would surely be playing with false identities, but as B-W turned this option down quite definitively when I inquiered it the last time, I'm not going to try it again.
I guess that rules that out...

I would love to run a game (though I guess not quite like what I had in mind), but I'm not sure if I can manage it right now. I'd like to keep my name on the mod list, though, if at all possible, for sometime soon (maybe not until mid-late November, though, for 'Thanksgiving break')...

Edit: I just went to look again at the old 'TiG scenarios' thread, and see that you commented on my idea, Nogrod. Did you ask the BW about that one, or another similar idea...or just the general idea of 'identities?' Just out of curiosity.

Last edited by Durelin; 10-16-2006 at 05:39 PM.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 05:48 PM   #3573
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuruharan
I'm afraid it might be way to easy for people to just slip back into their normal personalities without thinking of it. (I mean, it is their normal personality after all ). I think that this would also happen as the pressure mounted.

Speaking for myself, I'm pretty sure that at some point (pretty early on) I'd not be able to keep myself from slipping back into my usual verbal pomposity.
I fear you're more than right here Kuru. That is the real problem. Under pressure one tends to go for one's normal self and that's it. But maybe we could try? I don't know. That was why I asked your opinions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin
I had proposed a 'masquerade ball' game some time ago that I still wish to do, in which people try their hardest to play as their chosen masked identity would play (their identity for the 'ball' being that of another Downer).
As we discussed this earlier (if I remember this right?), I love the idea, but it would require some really wholeheartedly involved Downers to actually carry the masque of another Downer. It would be more than fun indeed. It would be just great, but it would require lots of involvement too. We should have to require an oath before the gamethat everyone is knowingly bound to playing a certain role... Those roles could surely be handled secrectly between the Mod and the players and the players should have the freedom to choose anyone they wish?

Sorry to be pessimistic about this one. Even though I would love it!
(Just thinking of myself playing in a role of fex. my daughter Lommy - being able to be as witty as she is and as flip-floppy at the same time! )
Old 10-16-2006, 05:56 PM   #3574
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Sorry to double-post...

But it just came to me. If I were to play this game of "don't be yourself", I might fex. try to be like Spawn and post rarely but with damning analysis of those I think suspicious, not trying to explain any points made over myself or overtly anyhow. So just playing the cool analysist. It might be both rewarding and fun-fun-fun.

So there are many options to all of us. Just trying not to play as one would normally do - even if the situation is tight (yes Kuru, I still am afraid you're right about this, but at least I myself would be ready to try it, whoever mods the game).
Old 10-16-2006, 05:57 PM   #3575
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Yes, you're quite right about the dedication. Really, I was thinking mostly that choosing other 'roles' would just have been fun, and I wasn't really all that concerned with whether or not people stick to them really really closely or anything. I never really expected anyone to be able to do it. But perhaps the fact that it would simply be for humour/entertainment reasons means it's not a very good idea, either.

I should perhaps take these things more seriously? Probably.

I guess making sure people took the game seriously but keeping it all in good fun is constantly a precarious balance. I don't expect extreme dedication out of anyone, but perhaps I should expect more? I don't quite know.

Obviously it can't hurt at all to tell people that they should try to play differently than they have in the past in a (the next?) game, but I don't think we should put so much pressure on such that it be 'bad' if someone slips back into their old habits, which they will most likely do, anyway. Still, if perhaps there is some rhyme or reason to the new style of play, it might actually be easier for someone to try and play differently? Thus, maybe choosing certain roles/styles (not necessarily other 'Downers as in my one idea), would actually help? *shrugs*
Old 10-16-2006, 06:01 PM   #3576
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Still, if perhaps there is some rhyme or reason to the new style of play, it might actually be easier for someone to try and play differently? Thus, maybe choosing certain roles/styles (not necessarily other 'Downers as in my one idea), would actually help? *shrugs*
That is just what I meant! If people are given something like an overall freedom from their past - in a sense that no one can somehow suspect any other from the behaviour of their "ancestors" as it is the central thing of this would-be game to handle it otherwise - it will give everyone much more space and thence making the game much more fun...
Old 10-16-2006, 06:09 PM   #3577
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Cool, cool. Should these changes of style and the like be official, in that each player must (or maybe not must, but is encouraged to) choose one, and inform the game moderator of it (maybe only if they wouldn't mind), though of course not the other players? That might give people a little more insentive. Is that what you had in mind? Of course, there would be no penalty from straying from their chosen 'style,' but perhaps, after the game, those that don't mind could reveal the 'style' they chose, and people could let them know how well they think the person stuck to their chosen 'style.' Could start a mini WW 'workshop' group or something.

(Sorry if I'm just repeating what's already been said. I'm having a little trouble following things tonight.)
Old 10-16-2006, 06:52 PM   #3578
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Well. In earnest I believe we might make the 15 players (about) with a game with not-normal roles.

But making the same amount with definitive roles (eg. Nogrod playing Spawn, Valier playing Spm, Lommy playing Glirdan... etc.) will be much tougher.

I would love the last one, but I'm also afraid we will not have enough players here. Prove me wrong...

And really, if someone in the line of the TIG-thread wishes to take the game, please do take it. I have just volunteered because of my sick leave and because no one seems to be wishing to go for it.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:57 PM   #3579
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

I'd say go for it if no one speaks up soon, though of course first dibs should go to the rest of the people left on the mod list who have not passed their opportunity aside for now, I believe.

Diamond
Oddwen
Folwren

Are the next three on the last list who have not yet passed on modding, I think...

(I'm working from Naria's post.)
Old 10-16-2006, 07:01 PM   #3580
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Well, I'd certainly be willing to start one after the current WWJ is over if nobody else will, and since the villagers are getting better and better now I'm thinking it's time for the Black Beorning to show up again.

However, I'll step aside if someone on the mod list or whatever steps in.

This idea of "not-normal roles" sounds intriguing. I'd like to try my hand at Nilpaurion Felagund's style, personally.

No, you wouldn't. Trust me on this.

Be quiet already.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:21 PM   #3581
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

You also have issues of lots of players have similar styles to some extent.

Although...Nilp is...Nilp.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:50 PM   #3582
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuruharan
You also have issues of lots of players have similar styles to some extent.

Although...Nilp is...Nilp.
Sure. But trying to be Spawn or Spm would be much more challenging... and much more fun indeed!

It's all the same to me who mods the game we're talking about here. Maybe the next Mod wishes something completely different and this discussion should be shoven off...

But if we are having a slow-down here, I might apply for the modding as I have two weeks of spare time to actually do something about it. But as well, I would really enjoy playing the game myself as well...

So who's next? So far all the people have just avoided their turns...
Old 10-16-2006, 07:55 PM   #3583
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
White-Hand

Actually, I'd like to be involved in playing the aforementioned game rather than modding it. I defer to whoever would like to mod that one.

If nothing gets started, though, I'll be doing a more "standard" one that'll involve the return of the werebear, which should hopefully be more challenging. Though perhaps adding a fourth Wolf might be a good idea...
Old 10-17-2006, 12:51 AM   #3584
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

I already said that I would mod if the people ahead of me on the list were not able or wanting to at this point.... I'm busy but I will be this same level of busy for a long time, ergo I'll just have to work around it if I ever want to mod again.

I could work on a post outlining my game (I've some posts in the Scenario thread about it) and put up a Sign Up thread. The only problem is, how long do you think it would take me to get 20 players? Because that's how many I'd like, and would be happy with more. If you think that someone with a smaller game idea should go next... well, would you all be adverse to me at least giving it a go? And if a week or so passes without enough players, just reverting to a more basic game?
Old 10-17-2006, 01:39 AM   #3585
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Well, in the interest of taking action, I've put a thread for the next game. I'm ready when ya'll are ready.

Feel free to shoot me if I've leapt over someone on the list, but it seems like everyone tht was ahead of me declined for one reason or another. Which doesn't exactly bode well for my game, but there you have it.
Old 10-18-2006, 07:26 AM   #3586
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sure it would be fun to take somebody else's identity for a game of werewolf, but I don't think it is possible. I mean, I'm sure Nogrod could make a convincing dancing spawn, but how could a more silent player act like a vocal one? I don't think it is the unwillingness to post that makes a silent player a silent player. There's RL-restrictions, simple introversion or the sheer inability to make so many good points like the big ones. I think it's not 'want not', but 'cannot'. Plus, what Kuru said, as soon as the tension goes up, people will go back into their common personalities.

Besides, Nogrod, why do you feel you have to play like everyone expects you to? Especially now that the number of village wins went up and it is said that the quality of play has increased, I don't think you will be lynched only because of playing differently, at least not very often .
Go ahead, fool around! Your fun will be everyone's.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 07:40 PM   #3587
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure
Besides, Nogrod, why do you feel you have to play like everyone expects you to? Especially now that the number of village wins went up and it is said that the quality of play has increased, I don't think you will be lynched only because of playing differently, at least not very often .
Go ahead, fool around! Your fun will be everyone's.
It just seemed, that there were a lots of suspicions going around in the last game that I was in that I was not "not playing as I normally would". The funniest was the ever so often recurring: he's aggressive when he's innocent and mild-mannered when a wolf...

It so much depends, not on my role, but on my RL-time available. If I have a lots of time, I build cases and try to make the difference, if I have not, then I'm pretty easy... I've been toning down my way of playing game after game and I know it takes time. Once you have a label then you have it - remember Mac why you were suspected in the game before the last?

But no problem. Secret identities is a no-go here and that's it. We'll just have to try to deal with ourselves together, and that's fun too! I mean, in the end it's a lot more fun to play with Lommy, Morm, Di, Mac and Jenny than with A, B, C, D and E!
Old 10-19-2006, 03:35 AM   #3588
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
Once you have a label then you have it - remember Mac why you were suspected in the game before the last?
You mean I already have a label!
Sure, I know what you mean. On the other hand, I seem to always garner suspicion early on, regardless of what I say.

I admit that I don't pay much heed when people build their suspicions only on "s/he's not playing as s/he normally would". If it makes you wary, it's ok, but for a vote I need more clues than that.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:24 AM   #3589
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure
I admit that I don't pay much heed when people build their suspicions only on "s/he's not playing as s/he normally would". If it makes you wary, it's ok, but for a vote I need more clues than that.
I think that's a good guideline.

Besides, if someone wants to try a different playing style can't s/he just announce before the roles are given out "I might play a bit differently this time" if s/he fears the switch of style will get him/her lynched?
Old 10-19-2006, 08:37 AM   #3590
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
Besides, if someone wants to try a different playing style can't s/he just announce before the roles are given out "I might play a bit differently this time" if s/he fears the switch of style will get him/her lynched?
But that would rob us all of the surprise!
Old 10-25-2006, 08:10 PM   #3591
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I LIVE!!!!!!

I'm still playing in Fea's game, whenever is starts.

And... um.... that's all.

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 10:44 AM   #3592
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Just popping in to ask who is modding the next game?
Old 11-02-2006, 11:24 AM   #3593
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa_Aoife
I'm still playing in Fea's game, whenever is starts.
So... um... My life is desperately unlikely to simplify any time soon, so basically, this game is going to be added to it, just for the fun of it.

When do y'all want to play? Since it's structured around the players, and you should all remember who you are, you should PM/IM me and let me know when a good time is for you, for a game that ought to last a week or so. We'll work from there.
Old 11-02-2006, 11:53 AM   #3594
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Sorry I'm breaking the rules by posting here, but...

If no one minds, I would love to run the game after the next one (I think the doing the very next game is a little too soon for me), but of course would step aside to allow anyone who was on the 'old' mod list to run a game at that time if they would like to. It doesn't seem like very many people actually want to mod a game at this point, though, so I thought I'd go ahead and jump in...

Other than that, Nogrod voiced interest about doing a game, and Fea, you might do the next one (whether or not you have the time )?
Old 11-02-2006, 12:07 PM   #3595
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
and Fea, you might do the next one (whether or not you have the time )?
Yes.

Only thing about this game is that it's invitational, which I suspect will mean a lot of people waiting impatiently for it to end so that they can get to playing. And though I'd love a huge audience, I won't fool myself into thinking that a game with a lot of werewolf legends and no seer will get me that sort of attention.

So my advice is basically to ignore this game in terms of who's setting up the next open one.
Old 11-03-2006, 11:05 AM   #3596
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Sorry I'm breaking the rules by posting here, but...

If no one minds, I would love to run the game after the next one (I think the doing the very next game is a little too soon for me), but of course would step aside to allow anyone who was on the 'old' mod list to run a game at that time if they would like to. It doesn't seem like very many people actually want to mod a game at this point, though, so I thought I'd go ahead and jump in...

Other than that, Nogrod voiced interest about doing a game, and Fea, you might do the next one (whether or not you have the time )?
Go ahead, Durelin, but I would like to say that sometime, I would like indeed to do a game. All I know is that I was last on the mod-list and I don't want to step forward when it would be inappropriate for me to do so. That's why I asked who was modding the next game.

Apparently, Fea's doing a game of invited players. Also, Jenny is starting to collect players for her next game for the WWJ. With these two games forming, I highly doubt there are going to be enough extra players for yet a third game.

So, Durelin, you were asking if you could do the game after Fea's, correct?

Because I am the last person on the list, I am quite willing to step aside for anyone. I'd just like to know when I'd get a chance to, and the sooner the better. (I'm both patient and impatient, you see.........)

Post to correct me, anyone, if I am at all wrong. I don't come in here very often and have probably missed something or other.....

-- Folwren
Old 11-03-2006, 11:09 AM   #3597
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Naria posted this on October 5:

Quote:
Gurthang was next, but he doesn't know now(?)
Ang is allowing Mith to do hers in his place...she would be next then?
Fea(Elempi is allowing her to take his spot)
Morm
Durelin
Diamond
Oddwen

Foley
Did Gurthang and Anguirel/Mith ever do their games? But it doesn't seem like we're concerned with that. Fea is doing her game next. Is Morm around and wanting to take his, or will he grant Durelin her request and let her go next?

I think that should fix the problems for now, if those questions are answered.

-- Folwren
Old 11-03-2006, 12:47 PM   #3598
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren
Fea is doing her game next.
Correction: I'm running my game when my players tell me the best time is. I've currently got a request for Thanksgiving break and a few "any time works" responses. It's a bit open still. I haven't heard from everyone.
Old 11-03-2006, 12:58 PM   #3599
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

I would dearly love to do my game over Thanksgiving break, but if Fea's game gets scheduled for then, I think I can squeeze it in before then. I haven't been very busy lately...it's been quite a shock.

Is it alright if I go before you, Folwren? Just because My time's pretty open right now, and I don't know how long it will stay that way.

Anyway, just to be ready, I'll start working up more final plans... Again, anyone else can jump in who wants to do a game who was on the list before me.
Old 11-04-2006, 08:51 PM   #3600
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Is it alright if I go before you, Folwren? Just because My time's pretty open right now, and I don't know how long it will stay that way.
My darling girl, of course it's alright if you go before me! You're quite a ways before me on the list, as you can see if you scroll up a little bit. In fact, it is probably best. Upon consideration, I find it will be much better for me if I didn't have a game until after New Years. And, also, depending on if we move or not, I may also have to wait until after we've moved. So, yes, by all means, do go and take your turn at it.

-- Folwren