The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-08-2006, 11:18 PM   #3641
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
TiGJ Mod list

Gil (in the works)
Nogrod
Mac
Volo

TiG Mod list

Durelin
Diamond
Oddwen
Folwren

Hope that helps
Old 12-09-2006, 12:09 AM   #3642
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Naria has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Naria
White-Hand

Valier your junior list is spot on!!

However, the senior list should look somethin like this(should it not?):

Ang allowed Mith his spot. No word from either of the two since my last update mod list, so I don't know if he and/or she are still going to mod?
Morm was/is next(?)....another question mark.

Durelin
Oddwen(?)
Foley
Menel--expressed interest in post 3583
Fordim(?)

As one can clearly see, there are a few question marks. I don't know if Morm(or someone else) should pm the questioned ones and find out if they are going to mod or if they should just be passed on and put to the bottom of the list.

Like Val says, I hope this helps
Old 12-09-2006, 07:00 AM   #3643
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

I would agree that, given current interest levels, the WWJ thread should be retired, at least for the time being. Gil's game could stand as the WWJ farewell game.

As for the upcoming mod lists, I have always thought that those who have not modded yet should be given priority.

Why not give those on the various lists an opportunity to post here, confirm that they are still interested in modding and indicate when they are likely to be able to mod - and then combine the two lists accordingly?
The Saucepan Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 12:14 PM   #3644
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Shield

To confirm what I said, I do indeed wish to mod a game in the future, and have a rather interesting idea about what to do with the roles. Thank you for putting me on the short list there.

Since I have modded once before, I'll step aside for those who never have, though.

I'm not going to be able to give it much attention until a few days into January though, as some major Christmas vacations are coming up.
Old 12-09-2006, 06:35 PM   #3645
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
To confirm: I've not yet modded a game, and was planning to do mine next since pretty much everyone before me on the "older" list were too busy to mod games, and a number of them, I believe, have modded before.

And I'm able to mod whenever. Calculus can certainly take a backseat to...well, just about anything.

If there are people who have been waiting longer on either the normal WW or Junior list to mod, they can step ahead of me if it's a good time for them now.

But if I'm next, just give me the word and I can start sign up on this thread, or post my own sign up/"admin" thread.

I think it would be nice for Gil's game to be the last WWJ game, or we could simply switch it to the normal WW XXVII game and then mine would simply be next.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 06:41 PM   #3646
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Folwren reporting, sir. I would like to mod a game. And I have never modded a game, either. Put me wherever is convenient. After New Year preferably.

-- Folwren
Old 12-09-2006, 08:41 PM   #3647
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
If we do with the way it seems to go right now, then Gil will have his game in TiGJ. I do hope it will happen, but I fear it's not so certain as we have not heard too much from him...

Then Durelin is on the TiG.

Then it would be my turn in TiGJ...

If we combine the threads and play only one thread - which I think is reasonble - we should stick with this order. Although if Foley has not modded a game before, it might be justified to let her game go before mine for I have co-modded one game already (the werepenguins -game with Lommy).

I have an idea to my game, though. It will be a "duel" of forces, including three wolves (planning together) vs. three rangers (acting individually). So making it harder for the wolves to pick a kill and just nerve-wrecking for the rangers. So kind of basic game with a twist and possibly more interesting with the narrations...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 09:39 PM   #3648
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Shield

Okay, the idea for my game, whenever I can manage it, is to keep everyone in the dark as to what roles are involved. At most, only the numbers of wolves and villagers will be known. There could be Lovers, there could be no Seer, there could be two Cobblers, or whatever, but nobody knows what the roles are. I just thought that could be interesting. Of course, if a Gifted or whatever gets lynched or eaten, his/her role will be revealed to the village, but no opening statement about roles will be given; all clarification will be made via PM.
Old 12-10-2006, 08:30 AM   #3649
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Now that sounds exciting, Menel!
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 02:17 PM   #3650
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naria
Valier your junior list is spot on!!

However, the senior list should look somethin like this(should it not?):

Ang allowed Mith his spot. No word from either of the two since my last update mod list, so I don't know if he and/or she are still going to mod?

He did?

Oh... I didn't realise ..I was so far down the list at the start of the lull that I didn't expect to mod for about a year ....... so haven't been giving this thread much attention. I hope we will do our game sometime but thought I started thinking about it again after Fea's game I couldn't do it immediately and having modded twice I quite agree that first timers should take priority.....
*need to consult with Ang and find out what he wants to do...*

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 02:43 PM   #3651
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Hm. Hearing people's ideas for games makes me wonder if people would be alright with having a normal WW game, with Seer, Ranger, Hunter, and Wolves have regular rolls, or if I should come up with something original? If I need to think of some strange, new, twisted way to play the game, let me know with some advance so I can think of something before my turn...

-- Folwren
Old 12-10-2006, 02:53 PM   #3652
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

White Tree

No strange, twisted new game is needed, Folwren; a regular game would be just fine.
Old 12-11-2006, 06:45 AM   #3653
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Simple games can work very well - don't feel obliged to do anything peculiar .... remember if everyone is doing variations normal becomes original...

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 10:31 AM   #3654
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen
Simple games can work very well - don't feel obliged to do anything peculiar .... remember if everyone is doing variations normal becomes original...
Well, I guess so. I know that I personally really like the original way of it all.....

-- Folwren
Old 12-11-2006, 12:40 PM   #3655
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'll post my sign up thread for TiG XXVII as soon as I get home from school this afternoon, if that's alright, to get things going.

Seeing as things are unfortunately falling apart for the TiG Junior game...
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 01:04 PM   #3656
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin
I'll post my sign up thread for TiG XXVII as soon as I get home from school this afternoon, if that's alright, to get things going.

Seeing as things are unfortunately falling apart for the TiG Junior game...
You should do it. Have you mentioned it in the TiGJ thread? You should so that you could get all the players from there along.
Old 12-23-2006, 03:51 AM   #3657
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Please drop me off the mod list. I have the game mostly ready, but as you see, my computer crashed and I have really little access to the internet. Being lazier than Lommy or not finding enough time with all the Christmas mess, I won't be visiting the library. I don't think modding a game in a library is a good idea anyway.

Sorry for disappearing, I'll see what I can do to return.
Old 12-30-2006, 12:49 PM   #3658
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

1420!

Shall we get the next one underway?! Durelin's was soo fun that I'm itchin for another

Oddwen, are you ready?
Naria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 02:26 PM   #3659
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naria
Oddwen, are you ready?
Let me know if she is not.
Folwren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 03:50 PM   #3660
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I really don't know if I have reliable internet time right now...Folwren may go ahead on if she wishes.

I'll let y'all know about the next game.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 06:56 PM   #3661
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Thanks, Oddwen... Are you absolutely sure? I have no problems with waiting... If you do want to still run the game, just interrupt me (before I actually start, that is.)

May I have at least until Tuesday to get things figured out and undercontrol and all that jolly stuff? Written up?

That is, how quick do you want me to be ready, and what does Mormegil want?

-- Folwren
Old 12-30-2006, 08:08 PM   #3662
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Yeah, I'll let you know by the second if I can do it. Until then, carry on.

There'll be peace when you are done,
lay your weary head to rest
don't you cry no more...

Old 12-31-2006, 12:32 AM   #3663
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I won't have a lot of time to dedicate to this for the next day or two, but if Oddwen is ready that is fine as it has been ages since she last modded. If however she is not Folwren should go as quickly as she can, assuming you get the necessary players that it.
Old 12-31-2006, 01:51 AM   #3664
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
I would like to join the next game, but I will be away in the period 2-7 so if it starts before the 7th I won't be able to join.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 11:09 AM   #3665
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I really want to join the next game, but I'll be in London from the 7th until the 10th ( ).maybe I could play from there, though...

(I really am crazy)
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 10:16 PM   #3666
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Thumbs up

It looketh that I am able to mod this next game - I'll start it on the Monday the 7th or possibly sooner, expect an admin thread sometime next year.

Old 12-31-2006, 11:01 PM   #3667
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddwen
It looketh that I am able to mod this next game - I'll start it on the Monday the 7th or possibly sooner, expect an admin thread sometime next year.
Excellent! I am quite relieved. Will give me more time to prepare even more for my game.

Have fun, everybody!
Folwren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 11:00 AM   #3668
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Righty - an admin thread is now up. Please sign up there.

Old 01-03-2007, 09:14 PM   #3669
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Mod list and guidelines

Here is the current list as I understand it.

Folwren
Nogrod
Menel
Fordim
Mormegil (let's see)

I want to establish a rule that basically states that if your name is next on the list and when the game ends you have one week in which to prepare your game. You don't need to start in one week simply get things in order to start, you know state the rules and time frame. Let's be reasonable about time frame too, if you can't start for a month or two you will be bumped. I don't think we should have a list longer than 5 people at any given time.

If, for example, Oddwen ends her game and Folwren is unable to fulfill her duties timely she would be bumped down below Mormegil and Norgrod would be up. There would be a bit of a grace period extended to Nogrod to get things in order as it came upon him suddenly. Once Nogrod has begun his name will be removed from the list and I will accept the next person interested. I don't find it condusive to have incredibly long lists. I would like to keep this simple. If anybody need clarification or sees major problems in this please let me know.

Naria has been extremely helpful on these lists and I would ask for her further aid in maintaining this.

Thanks.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:30 AM   #3670
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Seems like I forgot to confirm my interest.

Sorry 'bout that.

My name was behind Nogrod's in the Junior list.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 07:30 AM   #3671
Volo

I guess you can put me back on the list now...
Old 01-04-2007, 08:52 AM   #3672
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Morm, I understand you want a short list, but I think the first should be an exception: it would be rather unfair to move people who have reserved their place in either of the lists ages ago (like Mac and Volo here) as it might be that they're not around/online when the next spot becomes vacant.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 10:19 AM   #3673
Volo

Thanks, Lommy, but I think it's fine with me to put my game off for a while, not in the writer mood right now, not that it means that I'll be in a writer mood later, possibly. I think it would be fair to put me in the end, as I jumped off the list anyway.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:36 AM   #3674
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

White-Hand

Volo, are you absolutely sure about your decision?

Mac, I am so sorry. I will fit you in accordingly.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:42 AM   #3675
Volo

Of course not! I don't know what the future will be like and when would be a better time. I'm sure that both after Nogrod and Mormegil it'll be hard to mod a game that will be interesting, so... Well, actually put me in the place I was before, if you will. Thanks Naria...
Old 01-04-2007, 11:05 AM   #3676
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

White-Hand

Okay, this is how I did this. I went back and looked at the dates in which everyone signed up and Mac and Volo are right behind Nogrod and before Menel.

The list:

Foley
Nogrod
Mac
Volo
Menel
Fordim
Morm

Edit: Please no more sign ups until the list has been brought back down to five again. Thanks

Last edited by Naria; 01-04-2007 at 11:12 AM.
Naria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 11:55 AM   #3677
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Thanks Naria and sorry for missing those names. No more sign ups until we are down a bit.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:17 PM   #3678
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Oddwen's game may be ending on Friday. If it does, my game has to start by the following friday, correct? Or do we just have to be discussing things by then?

I am going to be out of town and out of computer and internet reach next week from Tuesday through Thursday. I might be leaving Monday afternoon/evening, and I don't know when I'll be back Thursday. I may not be able to check this until Friday. That being said, it will get in the way of my preparation week.

Will this get me bumped, Morm? I didn't know about this leaving home until two days ago. If you don't want to wait longer (like, until the following Monday or so), I can go after Nogrod.

-- Folwren

P.S. Perhaps I'm not absolutely clear on your rule - do you want one game to end and then a week later, another game to begin? Or do you want one game to end and then within the next week, planning for the next game to have begun?
Old 01-17-2007, 03:39 PM   #3679
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

As Foley has a preparation week ahead I think she should not be dropped from the list if she can't make it. Those are stuff that one can't foresee when reserving a modding. And I couldn't require for anyone to wholeheartedly delve into working on a WW-game in the middle of such an important week. Also, commenting on Foley's question, surely it's a bit tight schedual if we require the next one to actually start within one week as it takes some time to settle all things and get all the players in. What I understood from Morm's "rule" was the fact that he got annoyed by the last one that seemed not to get started as the mod was not to be seen or heard for a really long time - and I think he was not the only one...

I'm ready to wait for Foley in any case, but I have also quite a wealth of plans myself (I could basically start the sign-up tomorrow, if needs be, with some preliminary structures of the game explained), so if Foley thinks it a good idea and Morm agrees, I could shift places with her and run my game next while Foley could concentrate on her college-entrance and mod the next one.

Up to you Foley and Morm.

Last edited by Nogrod; 01-17-2007 at 03:42 PM.
Old 01-17-2007, 06:01 PM   #3680
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Sorry for the confusion. What I hope/expect to see is that no more than one week after the last game we have some firm commitment on the part of the next mod, showing that they will be modding and giving a definite timeline to events. I understand that recruitment may take longer than planned but no I don't expect a game to begin within a week, in fact I would generally recommend against that as some people might need a break. Does this make more sense?

So, if I understand you correctly Folwren, I don't see any problem in you modding. I simply hope you have some sort of planning going on within a week. You could even start now and post a preliminary set of rules and your ideas for your game, if you would like.