The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-07-2003, 01:15 PM   #41
Mornie Alantie
Wight

Location: Somewhere above earth cause people say i should come down to it
Mornie Alantie has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

One part that puts a smurk on my face everytime is when Aragorn kicked the helmet when they thought Merry and Pippin were dead. In real life he broke his to and Peter Jackson thought is was just really good acting until he saw Viggo limping around.
Old 03-07-2003, 01:22 PM   #42
Mornie Alantie
Wight

Location: Somewhere above earth cause people say i should come down to it
Mornie Alantie has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Gimli:"Toss me"<P>Aragorn:"what?"<P>Gimli:"I cannot jump the distance you'll have to toss me!"<P>Aragorn grabs Gimli<P>Gimli:"aahhahh, don't tell the elf"<P>Battle commences.......<P>After battle of Helms deep<P>Aragorn:"you should have seen the look on the dwarf's face when he said don't tell the elf!"<P>*Roaring of all surviving elves at Helms Deep, especially Legolas.*
Old 03-07-2003, 03:38 PM   #43
astarielle
Haunting Spirit

astarielle has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to astarielle
Eye

From the book the best line is "he had no boots" when said in a childish accent. It is not strictly a line as no-one says it bit is funny anyway. For those who don't know were it came from it is when they descend form Caradhras and Frodo is talking about Legolas.<P>From the film i think Galadriel's line in FOTR is sooooooo funny.<P>"I know what it is you saw"<P>The expression on her face and the way she said it is hilarious!!!!!
astarielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 03:52 PM   #44
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Mattius has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

To me the funniest/worst acted line in either of the two films is Frodo when with Galadrial and when talking about the mirror he says,<P>"What will I see?"<P>Holy God Wood's delivery of that line is so bad it just makes my laugh with pain.
Old 03-07-2003, 07:19 PM   #45
Liriodendron
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Liriodendron has just left Hobbiton.
Thumbs up

Oh! Oh! oh! I agree! I have complained about that alot. Also her answer , even the wisest...whatever. They speak so weird and sing songy, I cringe every time!
Old 03-07-2003, 07:34 PM   #46
dragoneyes
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

dragoneyes has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

She sounds everso slightly drugged when she says that, she slurs her words too much. I have to take the Mick out of that everytime I see it now, it's become a habit.
Old 03-07-2003, 07:52 PM   #47
Shy Hobbit
Wight

Shy Hobbit has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

In response to the "I know what it is you saw" line, I've always imagined Frodo going "Geeeez! If you know then why did you make me look at all that awful stuff! You could have just told me!"<P>Can anyone else see that happening?

~The Fellowship of the King~
Shy Hobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2003, 04:25 AM   #48
Finnguala
Wight

Finnguala has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Lol, yes
Old 03-08-2003, 10:10 PM   #49
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
GaladrieloftheOlden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Sting

Well, yes, I do get that feeling sometimes, but I actually didn't think the acting there was bad at all. That's just me though, and I have weird - and sometimes disturbing - ideas. dunadan_aragorn - those lines were really funny- on the first page- weren't they from <A HREF="http://www.ninecompanions.net" TARGET=_blank>www.ninecompanions.net</A> in the humor section, that Funny Summary of TTT thing? I could be wrong. If I'm not, though, I read that thing like once every 2 weeks and I crack up at each joke every time. . Some of them are rather perverted though.
Old 03-09-2003, 06:01 PM   #50
Horse-Maiden of the Shire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Horse-Maiden of the Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I got a script of TT, and I forget what she was saying, but Arwen was talking all romantically to Aragorn and then:<P>Go to sleep.<BR>I mean, just readin it made me laugh out loud.<P>And then in TT the way Merry says the word gone in his sentence "And all that was green and good will be GONE." It made me giggle horribly.
Horse-Maiden of the Shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 07:01 PM   #51
dunadan_aragorn
Wight

dunadan_aragorn has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to dunadan_aragorn
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>on the first page- weren't they from <A HREF="http://www.ninecompanions.net" TARGET=_blank>www.ninecompanions.net</A> in the humor section, that Funny Summary of TTT thing <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>No, I got them a loooong time ago, didn't even know I remembered them that well.
dunadan_aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 05:15 PM   #52
Burzdol
Shade of Carn Dûm

Burzdol has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Yeah, I agree. Galadriel and Frodo's lines were weird. It sounds like Galadriel was trying to get Frodo to do something.<P>~Burzdol~
Old 03-11-2003, 07:13 PM   #53
dunadan_aragorn
Wight

dunadan_aragorn has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to dunadan_aragorn
Sting

In fotr, when Bilbo comes back from dissapearing at the party, he is talking to Gandalf, and he says "It was just a bit of fun" he says it really well......I can't think of the word but I always snigger.
dunadan_aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 07:33 PM   #54
Sword Maiden Of The Shire
Animated Skeleton

Sword Maiden Of The Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Smeagol: "But Master's our friend!"<P>Gollum: "You don't have any <B>friends!</B> nobody likes <B>you!</B>"<P>Smeagol: "Not listening! I'm not listening!"<P>Gollum: "You're a thief and a liar!"<P>Smeagol: "No"<P>Gollum: "<B>M-U-R-D-E-R-E-R!</B>"<BR>----------------------------<BR>Sam: "There's only one way to cook a brace of coney!"<P>Gollum: "Accckkk! What's it doing! Stupid fat hobbit! Ruining poor Smeagol's food! Poor poor Smeagol!"<BR>-----------------------------<BR>Sam: "What we need's a few good taters!"<P>Gollum: "What's <I>taters?</I> eh? precious? what's taters?<P>Sam: P-O-T-A-T-O-E-S! Boil 'em mash 'em stick 'em in a stew! Lovely golden brown chips with a nice piece of fried fish!"<P>Gollum: (Spits) Phhhww!!<P>Sam: "Even you couldn't say no to that!"<P>Gollum: "Oh yes we could! Spoiling nice fish like that! Give it to us raw and WWWWWWWWWriggling! You keep nasty chips!"<P>Sam: "You're 'opeless!"
Sword Maiden Of The Shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 07:51 PM   #55
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Pipe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> No, I got them a loooong time ago, didn't even know I remembered them that well. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> That's funny. Great minds think alike, I guess. Those exact ones were in the parody thing. Dunno. Oh, and, this line (approximately) was also in it:<BR>Gandalf: Isn't it funny? We fell down miles and miles but ended up on <B>top</B> of a mountain!<BR>Balrog: I don't care. It's freaking cold up here! I give up.<P>Or maybe you said that, but I'll check later.
Old 03-11-2003, 08:25 PM   #56
Hobbit_feet59

Pipe

Boromir: The shards of Narsil! The balde that cut the Ring from Sauron's hand. (picks it up and cuts himself)It's still sharp!<P>Ummm... yeah, Boromir, I hate to break it to you, but... swords are *supposed* to be sharp! Isn't that the point?
Old 03-18-2003, 06:16 PM   #57
Keyla

Silmaril

Some quotes from the two towers movie.....<P>Gimli speaking to Eowyn : It's true you don't see many dwarf women. In fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are mistaken for dwarf men. <BR>Aragorn says to Eowyn : It's the beards.<P>Aragorn: You have some skill with a blade. <BR>Éowyn: Women of this country learned long ago that those without swords can still die upon them. I fear neither death nor pain. <BR>Aragorn: What do you fear, milady? <BR>Éowyn: A cage. To stay behind bars until use and old age accept them and all chance of valor has gone beyond recall or desire. <BR>Aragorn: You're the daughter of kings. A shield maiden of Rohan. I do not think that will be your fate. <P>That quote isn't funny, but I like it.<BR>
Old 03-18-2003, 06:43 PM   #58
gilraën
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

gilraën has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The bit that cracks me up, every time I hear it, is in the council of Elrond where Pippin says "where are we going?" <P>In fact most of what he says cracks me up, such a funny guy.
Old 03-18-2003, 08:58 PM   #59
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Boromir: The shards of Narsil! The balde that cut the Ring from Sauron's hand. (picks it up and cuts himself)It's still sharp!<BR>Ummm... yeah, Boromir, I hate to break it to you, but... swords are *supposed* to be sharp! Isn't that the point? <BR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Actually, that's funny, I mentioned that in a nother thread, but somebody told me that it was actually a reference to "Sharpe", a program that Sean Bean used to have. But yes, it is funny if you don't know.
Old 03-23-2003, 10:35 AM   #60
Elrowen Greenleaf
Animated Skeleton

Elrowen Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Elrowen Greenleaf
Eye

Arwen : "What's this? A ranger caught off his guard?" The quote itself isn' the funniest, but I loved the look on Aragorn's face when he felt the sword point at his throat.<P>--------------------------------------------<P>Èomer: [He dismounts his horse, and steps towards Gimli.] <BR>I would cut off your head, Dwarf, if it stood but a little higher from the ground. <P>--------------------------------------------<P>[Legolas, in a lightning fast move, points an arrow at Èomer.] <BR>Legolas: You would die before your stroke fell! <P>--------------------------------------------<P>Gimli: It's true you don't see many dwarf women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, they are often mistaken for dwarf men. <BR>Aragorn: It's the beards. <P>--------------------------------------------<P>Gimli : (After falling off his horse) "It's alright! It's alright! Nobody panic. That was deliberate. It was deliberate.<P>--------------------------------------------<P>Bilbo : Alas. Eleventy one years is far too short a time to live amongst such excellent, and admirable Hobbits. I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. <P>--------------------------------------------<P>Gandalf: What did you hear? SPEAK! <BR>Sam: N-n-n-nothing important. That is I heard a good deal about a ring, Dark Lord, and something about the end of the world, but, please Mr. Gandalf, sir, please don't 'urt me. Don't turn me into anything - unnatural... <P>--------------------------------------------<P>Pippin: What about breakfast? <BR>Aragorn: You've already had it. <BR>Pippin: We've had one, yes. What about second breakfast? <BR>Merry: Don't think he knows about second breakfast, Pip. <BR>Pippin: What about elevenses? Luncheon? Afternoon tea? Dinner? Supper? He knows about them, doesn't he? <BR>Merry: I wouldn't count on it. <P>--------------------------------------------<P>Sam : Mr. Frodo's not going anywhere without me. <BR>Elrond: No, indeed, it is hardly possible to separate you from him, even when he is summoned to a secret Council, and you are not. <BR>Merry: Oi! We're coming too! <BR>You'll have to send us home tied up in a sack to stop us. <BR>Pippin: Anyway, you need people of intelligence on this sort of mission. Quest. Thing. <BR>Merry: Well that rules you out, Pip. <BR>Elrond: Nine companions. So be it! You shall be the Fellowship of the Ring. <BR>Pippin: Great. Where are we going? <P>--------------------------------------------

The bow of Legolas was singing.
Elrowen Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 12:15 PM   #61
Liriodendron
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Liriodendron has just left Hobbiton.
It's funny, and I like it! That is, when Gollum says......."So bright, so beautiful!" as Frodo lovingly fondles the ring. I love it! Hee hee!