User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2005, 09:53 PM   #361
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Himaran has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Himaran
LMP: Duly noted. Himmy, eh? Never heard that one before.
Old 07-04-2005, 12:58 AM   #362
Regin Hardhammer
Shade of Carn Dûm

Regin Hardhammer has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Nice post Himaran. One thing is driving me crazy though: when you say his "knew" wife don't you mean "new"? I'm usually not grammar sensitive, but it just stood out.

One other thing: Is Meneltarmacil going to join up with us in a post or are we merely going to carry his character along? I said in my post he would meet us outside the city. If the latter is the case, I will mention in my next post that he has joined with the group.

Also, how long is the journey to Armenelos going to take ?

- Regin
Old 07-07-2005, 05:57 PM   #363
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Regin: we're a few hours into the journey, and I remember someone saying that on kariborim, it's about a ten hour trip. I'd say we've got maybe six hours left?
Old 07-07-2005, 05:59 PM   #364
TomBrady12
Haunting Spirit

TomBrady12 has just left Hobbiton.
Wow,

That question from Regin lingered for days and then finally i get around to answering only to find that Fea beat me by two minutes! What timing...

I would say, and of course this is only one man's humble opinion, that probably you could skip over the rest of the journey and have the next set of posts upon the arrival to Armenelos...of course this is just a suggestion, perhaps you have something good in store for the trip?

I look forward to seeing what's next...

TB12

Last edited by TomBrady12; 07-07-2005 at 06:03 PM.
Old 07-07-2005, 06:02 PM   #365
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
You got it.
Old 07-08-2005, 04:26 PM   #366
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
White Tree

I have just pmed a few of the rescuers to let them know how Marsillion and Kathaani plan to get out of their scrape (but still leave lmp in a bit of suspense). When the details get worked out I'll fill in my post (now just a very rough sketch indeed) and see where things go.

The hour of decision. Alas, the time has come where we really need to decide if we're going to use Alaklondewen's abandoned character, Monoizindu. I think he's a good link and a good way to work ourselves into the prison area. I also think there's a good history between him and Abarpanaru which might be interesting to play out, however, he might be an extra burden as one more writerless character.

Yea or Nay?

--Sophia
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Old 07-08-2005, 04:38 PM   #367
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

As much as I liked the character, I've got to vote ++Nay. (Ah! WW5 has followed me around!)

I think we've got sufficient plot twists being played out right now:

Abarpa with Tar-Miriel
Inzi with Abarza
Kath, Tiru, Marsillion with King's Men
Rescuers trapped outside
Abarpa about to die (that must have been one drawn out torturing of that poor lad)
Elendil in a hurry

Trying to tie up all the loose ends we've created should be quite enough, unless I'm out-voted.
Old 07-08-2005, 07:14 PM   #368
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eye

I will be away starting Sunday and will not return until the 15th, so I'd like to post sometime in the next couple of days. However, I cannot really see myself posting something that agrees with the storyline until we figure out some feasable way of secretly entering the city. I proposed a "dress up as the bad guys" idea a while back, and there were the thoughts on the sewers, but it doesn't seem like we've agreed on anything yet. I still think the "dress up as the bad guys" idea might work, though it's admittedly a little overused in popular movies (ex: Star Wars)
Old 07-09-2005, 06:04 AM   #369
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Menel's idea has merit.

Another thought too: Numenor isn't filled up with only rich Numenoreans. The only way any society can exist is for there to be an underclass that does all the dirty work. Just imagine how many disaffected poor folk there must be on the outskirts of the great city, happy to help people who are (1) against the powers that be (2) willing to do all they can for the disaffected. It also adds a good moral aspect to the group's story possibilities.

Yes, this idea has been just as overused as all the rest, but it just seems like it probably has more potential for interesting story.
Old 07-10-2005, 02:34 PM   #370
Regin Hardhammer
Shade of Carn Dûm

I put up my new post.

With regards to the disaffected poor. In my proposal I suggest that we ambush a small group of guards and take their clothing. Perhaps while we do this, one of us could get in trouble and be rescued by one of the poor citizens who hates the king? It might change Azarmanô's opinion about being stranded without anyone around them to help.

I suggest that we sneak into the city through Noirian, the Valley of Tombs. It seems like a good, secluded place. I mean who takes a path that runs through tombs?

Tell me if this is okay.

- Regin
Old 07-10-2005, 02:43 PM   #371
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Go for it.
Old 07-10-2005, 07:37 PM   #372
TomBrady12
Haunting Spirit

Sophia, please clear your PM's.

Thanks

TB12
Old 07-10-2005, 07:44 PM   #373
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Sounds good, Regin. I'll get Abarzadan's approval and at least part of the journey into my next post (unless someone else beats me to it).

- Himaran
Old 07-13-2005, 04:45 AM   #374
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Ah! Double Post!

I'm working on my post, but have two questions:

1. Inzi's new plan is good, but doesn't it scrap the old one about her being Abarzadan's wife?

2. Has Thoronmir rejoined the group yet?

- Himaran
Old 07-13-2005, 07:06 AM   #375
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

1) pretty much (unless King's Men wander around with their wives)
2) dunno
Old 07-14-2005, 11:59 AM   #376
Regin Hardhammer
Shade of Carn Dûm

Fea- Why did you end your post with Abarzadan's name?

I am sort of confused as to why we wrote Meneltarmacil's character back into the story if he isn't going to post. As of now he is supposedly with us, but he hasn't done anything. I don't know exactly what to do with Thoronmir. I guess he'll just tag along.

I like the idea of having Inzi being "captured" as it gives us an additional avenue into the dungeon to rescue her husband.
Old 07-14-2005, 01:45 PM   #377
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

I usually cut and paste names so I don't have to memorize ALT codes. I bet that's what I did, and then I forgot to delete the "original" at the bottom. I'll go fix it.
Old 07-15-2005, 08:21 PM   #378
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye Well, I'm back.

I'm sorry for my absences here. Summer really does get busy sometimes. I'll put up another post starting right now.
Old 07-16-2005, 11:34 AM   #379
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Abarzadan disagrees but will respect the decision of the group. They are at the tombs.

Pio/Menel - I think that Menel's post would fit in with the game better if it were placed above mine. ???

- Himaran
Old 07-16-2005, 12:08 PM   #380
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
1420!

I moved Menel's recent post as suggested.

~*~ Pio
Old 07-17-2005, 10:42 AM   #381
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
With my last post I've set upTârik taking initiative to find people to help Mabalar escape - with Míriel's artefact - and with Mabalar's Kiribor (which one I can't remember!).

Maybe the Guard that have captured Marsillion, Kathaani, and Tumi (? - I can't keep track of all the names) can be tricked into handing the captives over to Târik and/or his cronies?
Old 07-18-2005, 07:11 AM   #382
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

*sneaky grin*

Perhaps that could work.
Old 07-19-2005, 08:11 PM   #383
Regin Hardhammer
Shade of Carn Dûm

So sorry to not have posted in a while. I am on vacation with my family and it is difficult to get computer access. I hope to do better. I will put up a post by tomorrow night.

- Regin
Old 07-20-2005, 02:04 PM   #384
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Monôizindu is the shopkeeper that aladlondewen would have been playing if she hadn't gotten so busy. In her absence, I'm preparing to write something that ties together Mabalar, Târik, and Monôizindu. The idea is that Mabalar finally remembers that he has a friend right in the capital, and he sends Târik after him. Once Monôizindu finds out what's up, the entire network of secret Faithful in the capital gets into action, and it's only a matter of circumstance before the rescuers are discovered/run into and get connected up with Monôizindu and thus Târik and finally Mabalar. And rescuing the Karibor (I again forget which one) that Mabalar rides, becomes a soluble (solvable, sorry)problem. Thoughts?
Old 07-20-2005, 09:37 PM   #385
Regin Hardhammer
Shade of Carn Dûm

Pipe

My post is up. Let me know if changes are needed. Sorry it's on the longish side. I got a bit carried away. You know how writing goes.

- Regin
Old 07-28-2005, 05:57 PM   #386
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

I've gotten us into the city. I'll be gone starting Friday but I'll be back on Monday so I don't think that should affect the RPG much.
Old 07-28-2005, 06:07 PM   #387
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Time for a little more thinking...

What do we do now? These are a few options I have considered:

1. Take Inzi to the prison and use it as an opportunity to get the others out.

2. Drop the uniforms, find a place to stay, and lie low while gathering intelligence and figuring out how to get everyone free.

3. Turn themselves in. (Just kidding.)

We have, however, finally reached the point of the game where Abarzadan has a legitimate reason for deserting. He is inside Armenelos, and obviously wants to see it as his father had asked him to do. At some point in the rest of the story, I do want him to explore the "wonderous" city and find what he may... Then we shall see how this little sub-plot will end.

- Himaran
Old 07-28-2005, 06:14 PM   #388
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Option 4: We're in. We now wait for Soph and TB12, because I believe they have something in mind.

LMP, careful you don't get yourself rescued, it would ruin all the fun of me being "captured".
Old 07-29-2005, 04:03 AM   #389
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Well, Feanor, somehow we need to make use of Moizandu and Târik. Get them linked up with your group or the other group. Maybe Azarmano might stumble across the shopkeeper? All kinds of options.
Old 07-29-2005, 07:32 AM   #390
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

I agree LMP. We can't toss off such great characters.

Would Inzi recognize Moizandu? If so, perhaps when she is being "taken" to the temple, she would spot him and relay his identity to Azarmano and Co.? Something could happen and so when Tarik reaches him, Moizandu already has word of rescuers in the city?

Or even more fun would be if Moizandu recognizes Inzillomi but not she him, and he relays to Tarik that Abarpanaru/Mabalar's lady has been taken by the King's Men.

Oh what heartache would ensue...
Old 07-30-2005, 08:52 AM   #391
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I'll use the heartache plan. That could really mess up Mabalar's mind about maybe trying to save Miriel.....
Old 07-31-2005, 09:59 PM   #392
Regin Hardhammer
Shade of Carn Dûm

I took the liberty of having Moizandu recognize Inzillomi while she has her eyes towards the ground, avoiding the taunts of the crowd. I hope that the recognition was done in a satisfactory way for everyone. If there are any problems, please let me know so I can edit. Man, it's hard to be a prisoner.

I am not sure about the tombs. I guess since we have disguises we are scrapping it.

- Regin

Last edited by Regin Hardhammer; 07-31-2005 at 10:10 PM.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:25 PM   #393
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Inzillomi just isn't very happy right now.

So, in order to meet back up with the captive Marsillion, Tiru, and Kathaani...

Either we find them in the dungeons?

Or we run into them while escaping, have a fantastically fun battle sequence, and run for it to Romenna (ride for it, actually)?

Or [fill in the blank]?

I know that TB12 and Soph had mentioned a crazy bit of duex ex machina just inside the gates involving a huge storm and lots of confusion and some villagers that hate Sauron and the king, but now that we've gotten our group to the temple, either that will have to be reconfigured or scrapped.

Either way, LMP gets to have fun writing whatshisyap's post for meeting up with the guy whose name I can't spell (you can tell how much of a perfectionist I am when I'm in a hurry ) and learning that Inzi's headed to prison. Then of course we get to see some heartache.

But we definately need to figure out a plan for getting our two rescuer groups back together.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:40 PM   #394
TomBrady12
Haunting Spirit

Count me in for that fantastically fun battle sequence

TB12
Old 08-01-2005, 12:56 PM   #395
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

time for whatshisyap to meet MoizthenameFeanorcan'tspell.

I'll clean it up later, but I'm gonna have some fun for the moment.
Old 08-01-2005, 01:07 PM   #396
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

I seem to recall both littlemanpoet and myself wanting to include the future Mouth of Sauron in this somewhere... maybe he could be involved somehow?
Old 08-01-2005, 01:24 PM   #397
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I think I just added him without realizing it was him. Check out my last post. But if that's who that is, then we need to somehow get him off the island too before it sinks beneath the waves.....
Old 08-01-2005, 03:25 PM   #398
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

That is kind of a problem. The only option I can really see is stowing away on one of the Faithful's ships, unless a Fell Beast was waiting to fly him off the island.

*edit*

Fell Beasts are not aircraft, though, and can presumably only fly so far without having to land and rest, so I think it's more feasable for him to stow away.

*more editing*

Actually, I noticed that I mentioned him in my bio earlier:
Quote:
He (Thoronmir/Sakaladûn) ran into the strongest opposition from Herugor, the second most powerful man in Numenor and the one he suspected had been learning all kinds of evil things from Sauron. After Sakaladûn flat out refused to have anything to do with an assault on Valinor, first proposed in 3299 and actually started eleven years later, Herugor, probably following instructions from Sauron, made up a number of false accusations about Sakaladûn forming a conspiracy and taking the throne for himself. Herugor then presented these charges before the king, who fired Sakaladûn from his post and had him arrested.
Herugor was the name lmp and Elora came up with for the Mouth in a previous RPG, though as mentioned earlier on this thread the name will probably have to be changed to something less obviously evil.

Last edited by Meneltarmacil; 08-02-2005 at 08:12 AM. Reason: adding more info, fixing some errors
Old 08-02-2005, 07:10 AM   #399
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

You mock me, LMP, with your whatsisyappery.

And yet it's still so doggone amusing.
Old 08-02-2005, 09:18 AM   #400
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Mock!?

I was just having fun.

Herugor is some kind of Elvish name (I made it up years ago but can't tell you whether it's Sindarin, Quenyan, or some kind of mix between the two), so it can serve as the nickname the Faithful have for this particular scoundrel. We will need to come up with a Valinorian, and/or perhaps Umbarian name for him too.