Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2006, 08:09 AM   #281
Cordelia Harrison
Wight

Cordelia Harrison has just left Hobbiton.
I hope you liked what I said I would do Crystal!
Old 07-20-2006, 08:14 AM   #282
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Crystal Heart has just left Hobbiton.
I like it very much. Yet I don't want to do anything without Hama's thoughts. So Mith- I will change my post accordingly once you get your save filled.

I like how we got it to change so fast and how that really just made everyone jump to posting. Perhaps a little more danger then? lol. Good job everyone. Keep up the great posts!
Old 07-20-2006, 12:37 PM   #283
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
argh serves me rightthis is going to be hard now ... I will put up 2 posts provisionally - I will probably have ot edit if I have misunderstood the situation.....

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Old 07-20-2006, 02:27 PM   #284
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
OK I have left it as ambiguous as possible to accomodat subsequent events so I don't thinkyou need change much..... I hope..after all all this is the events of a few seconds ... bound to be an element of chaos....

Leoflic will probably need a sledgehammer to gain Elfride's attention - as Hama's post indicates, in some respects she is very dim. However I suggest we concentrate on fighting for a while

Old 07-20-2006, 02:35 PM   #285
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I liked it very much Mith. I have reworked my post accordingly.
Old 07-20-2006, 06:01 PM   #286
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Okay, I have corrected my post accordingly.

Mith, don't worry about Elfride's dimness. Léolfic will be able to find a way by that barrier. And I must agree with Crystal, great post!

By the way, for anyone (other than Mith as she has already said she can't), I am modding the next Werewolf Junior game. It is to be RPG based (ie. posting descriptively and in third person). So, if you'd like to play, check the link in my sig for more details.
Old 07-21-2006, 06:10 AM   #287
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Cheers ..I will post a bit tonight - now that E has something to do ..infact quite a lot to do....

Old 07-21-2006, 01:35 PM   #288
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

I must say, Mith, that calling Léoflic a puppy is rather hurtfull...no matter how true it may be at the present time.
Old 07-21-2006, 01:49 PM   #289
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

OK ... please tell me if there is anything you want changed - I have added the possibility that with the best of intentions Cordelia may have outlawed herself (but I have a get out of gaol free card up my sleeve if necessary )....

Crystal I have given you the opportunity to find out information from this guy. Not knowing how you want to play it I have not yet stated the extent of his injuries. I imagine his life expectancy will depend on what got hit by the arrow. Not an expert but guess we have options ranging from seconds to quite a while depending if she got thwe heart or aorta or "just" punctured a lung.. in which case Elfride might be able to cope with the pneumothorax long enough for him to speak ( i mean sealing the wound rather than popping in a chest drain which might be a bit advanced - and she woun't have a tube and a bottle of mineral water ). I guess survival is not impossible but not likely?

Old 07-21-2006, 01:51 PM   #290
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan
I must say, Mith, that calling Léoflic a puppy is rather hurtfull...no matter how true it may be at the present time.

Oh remember that is Hama not Elfride ..... and he is a bit protective and twice Leoflic's age ... wheterh there is an added dimension to that protectiveness is up to Hama on his return ... but I could substitute faithful hound if your ego prefers.....

Old 07-21-2006, 01:53 PM   #291
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Quote:
Oh remember that is Hama not Elfride ..... and he is a bit protective and twice Leoflic's age ... wheterh there is an added dimension to that protectiveness is up to Hama on his return ... but I could substitute faithful hound if your ego prefers.....
Now who would want that? It makes me laugh actually.
Old 07-21-2006, 02:00 PM   #292
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Just remember that every dog has it's day ..... Anyway I must be off - let me know if I need to take heroic measures or merely close his eyes and pray that Mandos has mercy on his miserable soul.....

Old 07-21-2006, 02:18 PM   #293
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen
OK ... please tell me if there is anything you want changed - I have added the possibility that with the best of intentions Cordelia may have outlawed herself (but I have a get out of gaol free card up my sleeve if necessary )....

Crystal I have given you the opportunity to find out information from this guy. Not knowing how you want to play it I have not yet stated the extent of his injuries. I imagine his life expectancy will depend on what got hit by the arrow. Not an expert but guess we have options ranging from seconds to quite a while depending if she got thwe heart or aorta or "just" punctured a lung.. in which case Elfride might be able to cope with the pneumothorax long enough for him to speak ( i mean sealing the wound rather than popping in a chest drain which might be a bit advanced - and she woun't have a tube and a bottle of mineral water ). I guess survival is not impossible but not likely?

I hope that my new post is sufficant enough to tell you what his wound is like. I figured that since he was moving away from her and after calculating the velocity of what an arrow like Cordelia's would have been it would have slowed down, with wind factors as well, to have been only a mere inch or so into his back. More into the muscle and wasn't that deep. He was a ways off and I don't think that Cordelia could have been that strong of a shot considering what may have been up against her at the moment of the shot and the surrounding area, as well as the fire.

Lol. That sounds complicated. In short: I calculated that he only as a little deeper than a flesh wound. Perhaps only a couple of inches in his back. Does that sound right?

Everyone you are doing so great. I am really pleased on how this is turning out to be. I just wanted to take a moment to say that I am so very proud of the RPG that we have going on here and am extremely honored that such great RPers have joined me on this quest.

I was gone for a year and I had an idea for an RPG that I wanted to play, but I wasn't sure if anyone would remember me, let alone want to play with someone that seemed like a newbie. I want to thank you all for taking the chance and playing this game with me. It is an honor and a priveliage to get to know all of you and to play with all of you.

*hands out trophies and cookies* You guys deserve them. And thank you so much for joining. This RPG is better than I had ever dreamed.
Old 07-21-2006, 02:28 PM   #294
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Heart
I hope that my new post is sufficant enough to tell you what his wound is like. I figured that since he was moving away from her and after calculating the velocity of what an arrow like Cordelia's would have been it would have slowed down, with wind factors as well, to have been only a mere inch or so into his back. More into the muscle and wasn't that deep. He was a ways off and I don't think that Cordelia could have been that strong of a shot considering what may have been up against her at the moment of the shot and the surrounding area, as well as the fire.

Lol. That sounds complicated. In short: I calculated that he only as a little deeper than a flesh wound. Perhaps only a couple of inches in his back. Does that sound right?

Everyone you are doing so great. I am really pleased on how this is turning out to be. I just wanted to take a moment to say that I am so very proud of the RPG that we have going on here and am extremely honored that such great RPers have joined me on this quest.

I was gone for a year and I had an idea for an RPG that I wanted to play, but I wasn't sure if anyone would remember me, let alone want to play with someone that seemed like a newbie. I want to thank you all for taking the chance and playing this game with me. It is an honor and a priveliage to get to know all of you and to play with all of you.

*hands out trophies and cookies* You guys deserve them. And thank you so much for joining. This RPG is better than I had ever dreamed.

Well I have slightly modified my post but Pio may be able to advise ... will tinker tomorrow as necessary....

Old 07-21-2006, 02:34 PM   #295
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Crystal, that's touching! Seriously! This is the frist serious RPG (other than the Green Dragon Inn) that I've ever played and it's been a blast. Thanks for it!

Oh, and Crystal, if you don't mind me adding, Hama did tell Mayonnette to send Léoflic back to help with the fire. You mind adding that in to your post??

EDIT: Scratch that last bit. Just saw Mith's fixed post.

Last edited by Glirdan; 07-21-2006 at 02:37 PM.
Old 07-21-2006, 06:55 PM   #296
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I would really like to see this very basic list of rules for posting to a game followed for this game.

Please take what little time is needed to scroll down and remove your signature from each RPG post. And remember there are to be no icons or smilies in posts, either.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reminders for the game in play:
  • Please remove your signature from EVERY post to the RPG thread - including SAVES

• Don't use smileys in your RPG posts or icons - e.g., etc.

• Don't use the 'Reason for Editing' function on your RPG posts. If it's critical that other players know that you've changed something, then put a post on the Discussion Thread about your edit.

• No OOC (out of character comments) on the RPG thread - use the Discussion Thread.

• SAVE's need to be filled within 24 hours.

~*~ Pio, game moderator

Last edited by piosenniel; 07-21-2006 at 09:58 PM.
Old 07-21-2006, 07:57 PM   #297
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Oh Eru...I did it again...Sorry about that everyone. Shame on you Glirdan, shame!!
Old 07-22-2006, 12:06 AM   #298
Witch_Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Witch_Queen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Witch_Queen Send a message via MSN to Witch_Queen Send a message via Yahoo to Witch_Queen
*Runs into the room only to trip over the carpet*
Cordelia: I'm not dead yet... So cheer up....

I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SORRY............................................. ......

I had said I was having compie problems.. but have fixed them.... So ADU or W_Q is back and I'm not going anywhere. I have missed everyone and once again I am so sorry. I have read up on the posts and everything... I posted for Thomas and actually if I might say so..... NOt that bad... Crystal would love it. I like the idea of Mayonette and Thomas fighting and then making up for it..

Crystal: I have been thinking here lately since I read the post where you have got the mystery man. (Last post)... Mayonette doesn't know everything about what Thomas did while he was in gondor.. Perhaps just to spice it up a bit the man recognizes Thomas and vice versa... Sorta a way to make Mayonette wonder where Thomas' loyalties lay......

LET ME KNOW...

*Runs around giving everyone a hug* It feels good to be missed.....

Witchie-poo, W_Q, Adu....... anything else that I missed.
Old 07-22-2006, 06:44 AM   #299
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

*squeals*

ADU YOU'RE ALIVE AND BACK! *huggles to death*

Oh my gosh! I was so worried about you. I'm glad to see that you are all right.

Yeah I think that would be a great idea. Having the man recognize Thomas. It would make Mayonette suspicious. Then making up would be AWESOME! lol.

Great posts everyone! This is getting more and more awesome!
Old 07-22-2006, 09:39 AM   #300
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Ok before it gets anymore hyper around here , I would like a bit of direction before posting again.

As I read the current situation, we have an injured ruffian who is squeaking as to the whereabouts of Sandrina and now may have some "history" with Thomas. The survival or not of this chap may have consequences for Cordelia.

we aslo have an uncontrolled forest fire.

Help has been summoned for this but the assistance will surely have consequences. The villagers will want to get the fire out but the village authorities (or some of them) may either be in the pay of Samuel or be just plain unhappy about the unofficial nature of the group. things are not going to be so straight forward...

So whaere are we going for here ..I imagine we could wind up the fire fairly quickly.
any comments ?

Old 07-22-2006, 10:37 AM   #301
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

I think our first priority right now should be to finish off the fire. After that, we deal with Cordelia's consequenses after finding out what happened to the ruffian.
Old 07-24-2006, 04:12 AM   #302
The Sixth Wizard
Shade of Carn Dûm

The Sixth Wizard has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to The Sixth Wizard
This computer net connection is so darn annoying... Don't look at my location indicator, I don't actually have wireless broadband. I wish I could have added a post but something was up with it.

Incidentally, W_Q had many more exclamation marks than full stops in that post!

Yep, Sixth Wizard is ... er... in the house...
Will post now I think.

<EDIT> Well, it seems I have just chucked another problem into our midst, Garnae's horse dying. But don't worry, I'll make it that the horse jumped over the flames to the river and there'll be a heart-beating reunion and all...
(other players) Way to break the suspense, Sixth!

I think maybe there should be a big chase between some of the town and our men because they work for Sam, anyone else have any ideas?

Last edited by The Sixth Wizard; 07-24-2006 at 05:07 AM.
Old 07-24-2006, 05:38 AM   #303
Cordelia Harrison
Wight

Cordelia Harrison has just left Hobbiton.
OOps. I posted before reading here in the discussion thread. Hey Sixth is it okay what I did in my post? Or do you want me to change it so that way you can have the climatic thingie that you were aiming at?

Just let me know!
Old 07-24-2006, 06:04 AM   #304
The Sixth Wizard
Shade of Carn Dûm

Ahm.... hm. Yes, maybe stick the horse coming back for a bit later. Or... well I don't know I'll decide tomorrow. Not much time to post again either, I'll do that tomorrow too.

What a conclusive couple of sentences eh? 'Umm, err, ahm...' lol
Old 07-24-2006, 08:54 AM   #305
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

*tap dances in*

I have to say OH MY LAND! This is so AWESOOOOOOOOOME!

Can't post right now and I don't want to post before ya Mith. So . . . yeah.

*toddles out*

BYYYYE
Old 07-24-2006, 11:52 AM   #306
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

OK I will try and post something sane now.....

Sorry to get into boring adult mode, and I know I am far from blameless in this regard, but can we all make a concerted effort to follow Pio's instructions? She has the patience of a heaven-ful of saints but I fear we are stretching her tolerance to breaking point...

Old 07-24-2006, 12:23 PM   #307
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

That would be my fault and I have discussed this with pio already. However, I believe I owe her an apology, so hear it is... I'm sorry pio!! Please forgive me!!
Old 07-24-2006, 01:30 PM   #308
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan
That would be my fault and I have discussed this with pio already. However, I believe I owe her an apology, so hear it is... I'm sorry pio!! Please forgive me!!

Oh I am sure it isn't just you ..I am only too aware of my own mistakes ..I certainly wasn't pointing the finger. I know I have had rogue smileys in saves and "asides" which belonged here and if I usually remember tot scrap the sig it is only because I have finally remembered after 2 RPGs where I forgot more often than not.

However Pio is one of the unsung heroines of the downs and deserves all the consideration we can muster

I have posted a more optimistic prognosis for chummy and apologise for a lack of physiological accuracy ....

I have a busy week since the family troll is visiting and I am taking thursday off work but won't be posting (going to look at cows and drink beer )so don't expect anything too major from me. Might be able to do a short post or two...

Last edited by Mithalwen; 07-24-2006 at 01:36 PM.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:47 PM   #309
The Sixth Wizard
Shade of Carn Dûm

I'm always in trouble with Pio, we're all to blame! Well, maybe not Cordelia or Dim...

Cordelia, don't change your post BTW.

Last edited by The Sixth Wizard; 07-25-2006 at 04:01 AM.
Old 07-25-2006, 02:23 AM   #310
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
OK -- no need for apologies or chatting about where the blame might lie - just try to follow the guidelines set out for posting in a Shire game

And those of course can always be reviewed HERE in The Red Book of Westmarch.

So, just get back to the game -- which seems to be going well. And do your best.

~*~ Pio
Old 07-26-2006, 09:59 AM   #311
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Where is everyone?? We need to get this moving guys!
Old 07-28-2006, 12:02 AM   #312
Witch_Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Witch_Queen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Witch_Queen Send a message via MSN to Witch_Queen Send a message via Yahoo to Witch_Queen
If its ok with Crystal I'm going to wait to bring up the whole history part between the ruffian and Thomas. Just let me know what everyone thinks.
Old 07-28-2006, 06:16 AM   #313
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

From my own point of view I need the help from the village to arrive and the fire etiher to be put out or to be sufficiently under control to allow for a couple of the other to be free to hold down the ruffian while Elfride does her battle field surgery.

If Thomas were one of the assistants it would give 6th Wizard a chance to develop his back history?

Old 07-28-2006, 07:10 AM   #314
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Yeah it's okay with me.

Okay the RPG has been a little quiet. I say that we need to get moving people!

You all are doing a great job. Keep it up!
Old 07-31-2006, 11:25 AM   #315
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

We need something to happen. Elfride is tied up with the ruffian (metaphorically of course unless the plot takes an unexpected turn ) but I could have Hama meet and greet the villagers and wind up the fire?

Old 07-31-2006, 11:34 AM   #316
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Okay. We really need to get going on this guys.

Adu- Could you post right now? Come to us. Mith and Mayonette need some help holding this ruffian down.
Old 08-01-2006, 01:30 PM   #317
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Just a reminder that it is over a week since I made the last post on the game thread. If noone posts in a fortnight the game risks being closed.

I am still happy to do the "Hama" post as outlined but I would rather not have the double post and have some interraction and need guidance as to what the villagers attitude to Samuel and therefore us is...ie are they all going to be hostile ..or just a few in his pay?

Old 08-01-2006, 05:23 PM   #318
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I will post.

Please people let's keep this moving. I don't want to have to hassel anyone about posting. I don't want to have to harp about how you all made commitments to this game and blah blah stuff like that.

Let's just play the game without me having to be hard on anyone.

I shall post for fear that this may die and I don't want the RPG to die. I expect everyone to post by this Friday. Otherwise your character will be forfeit to whomever needs to move them around.

Sincerely,

Crystal
Old 08-01-2006, 07:09 PM   #319
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Okay, I'm stuck. I can't do anything (really) until Hama or Edhener do something. I'm in the middle of running down towards the fire with the village men, but I'm not the General and so do not know how to properly order men around. So, Mith, if you would be so kind to post something.
Old 08-03-2006, 01:00 PM   #320
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Great post Adu! I just love it. If there is anything in my post that you would like me to change please tell me so.

Great guys! Let's keep this up!

Has anyone seen Sixth? Cordelia is kind of stuck until he posts.