The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-12-2005, 01:19 PM   #1
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots That's not what it says on the tin...

This thread is about thread ratings. This system attracts a queer response from Barrowdowners, at least in my view.

First of all, does anyone do it? I admit that I've only done it about 4 or 5 times in my 3 years here.

I especially wonder why certain threads have, what seems to me like, bizarre ratings.

There is a thread called The Eagles in the movies section which is essentially a duplicate thread, and it is rated with 5......bones, is it? I think they're bones. Anyway, for anyone who has not actually looked at it, it's a 5-star thread.

Alternatively, there is a thread from a while back called PJ's Sauron which is an absolute riot and very funny indeed, rated with 1 bone for some reason.

The point of the bones is so that people with only a few minutes to spare can safely ignore those threads rated with 1 or 2 bones, which are meant to be of poor quality. But this is just not working properly.

So what? Should we campaign to get everyone to rate every thread they devote some time to? Please share your thoughts. And any answers about that Sauron thread.

Last edited by Eomer of the Rohirrim; 06-12-2005 at 01:21 PM. Reason: clarity
Eomer of the Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote