The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-26-2008, 07:20 PM   #1
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Silmaril Tol-in-Gaurhoth LII: Star Crossed II: Together for Eternity

Welcome to the “Lonely Hearts Club” seventh annual month-long romantic getaway. Twenty lucky singles have traveled to a remote island resort hotel, orchestrated by an online dating service. Looking for love and hoping to leave the resort with a new special someone, little do they realize that they will soon be hoping to leave with their lives.

For on the first night, the secluded lover’s paradise is witness to a murder. Young Diamond, one of the lovely but lonely ladies of the club, is murdered in her bed. No one is coming back to check on the Lonely Hearts for a month, and soon suspicions turn to accusations and vigilante-style justice. But justice is blind, and will the Lonely Hearts survive until they can escape?!??!?

Beware -- the truth of what is happening is shrouded in mystery. You cannot know how many among you are murderous, or who among you are there to help and protect. You must search for clues among each night’s happenings.

The Living Lonely Hearts Club:

Groin
Lommy
Aganzir
Legate
Kitanna
Gollum
Nogrod
Brinniel
Sally
Shasta
Gwath
Rikae
Mac
McCaber
Fea
Greenie
Eönwë
Lalaith
Eomer

Hearts Which Have Stopped Beating:

Diamond (Lonely Heart)

Some basic rules: No modfire. No retractable votes. First one to reach the majority in a tie, dies.
Old 10-27-2008, 04:49 AM   #2
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Err this has begun, right?

Poor Diamond! She was so sweet and pretty and all.

Hey darlings, time to stop snogging and talk. I'll be here for a while but I don't really bother to post anything proper as long as I'm the only one talking. Is there anybody else around?
Old 10-27-2008, 05:19 AM   #3
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Sticking my head in- I won't be properly around until after lunch (it's 7:44am just now)... but I am here.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:24 AM   #4
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Hmm of course I could analyse my own posts.

Agan's a baddie cause she was the first one to talk and says she's sorry for Di's death. I suggest lynching her.

Or then let's lynch Gwath. He's always a good choice.

In truth Agan and Gwath are lovers and Agan's just trying to double bluff since no one's going to take these first few posts seriously anyway.
Now she said it aloud so it's a triple bluff.

The sex ratio here on our pretty little island should be 9/10 (hey Gollum are you male or female?). In case Di has decided to play it chaste and hasn't paired up people of the same sex, we can systematically execute members of one sex in order to kill the lovers effectively.

edit: ooh xed with Fea
Old 10-27-2008, 05:33 AM   #5
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I agree with Aganzir: we should lynch Aganzir today.

Well, since Di hasn't informed us about any significant changes in the rules, I guess the basics are the same: four couples of lovers, each equipped with the ability to kill at night. There is once again going to be ridiculous slaughter during the first nights and everyone who makes it til day3 can consider himself lucky.

The one lynch we poor little lonely hearts have looks quite pitiful compared with the four kills a night our evildoers have. The good thing is that the were-creatures and their lovers seek to kill each other at least as much as they seek to kill innocents. Each couple is more likely to be killed by another couple than by us! They're each other's worst enemy.

Eventually, it will come down to a situation of one were-couple against a few innocents. We're unlikely to have contributed much to the deaths of the others, but at that point, the outcome is in our hands again. In fact, as hopeless and kill-outnumbered as we are now, our chances then will be rather good, with two possible targets.

However this ends, it is going to be interesting.

Oh, and in the first part, same-sex couple were allowed, so I would suppose it's the same this time.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 05:43 AM   #6
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Mac you're evil, you weren't allowed to say so! It's a privilege reserved to me. I'll remove your name instantly from my top 18 list.

Hmm if they are allowed (Di! How immoral of you!) then my little plan doesn't work. Gah.

I think Mac is a baddie because he just talks about game dynamics which is a good way to appear helpful without really being it. Besides he's trying to dishearten us by saying that we're unlikely to contribute much to the deaths of the were-creatures. He could for example accuse people instead!
Old 10-27-2008, 06:01 AM   #7
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir
He could for example accuse people instead!
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
we should lynch Aganzir today.
Hmmm?

You in turn seem to be quite over-eager to accuse, my dear.

By the way, I think it's quite sensible to discuss game dynamics when you haven't even reached post 10 yet. I daresay it's more helpful than just bantering - though maybe not as funny, I admit.
Old 10-27-2008, 06:03 AM   #8
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I was under the impression that we're not allowed to know the particulars of roles at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Di
Beware -- the truth of what is happening is shrouded in mystery. You cannot know how many among you are murderous, or who among you are there to help and protect. You must search for clues among each night’s happenings.
Ie: we may or may not have a bazillion wolves, we could all, in fact, be wolves, maybe secretly nobody is? We're all for ourselves? This is just me exaggerating, but the point it: we don't actually know how many bad guys are amongst us.

This reminds me of the game I ran when both my wolves were dead in the first day or so and I didn't want to end so I just didn't bother revealing roles and let the village kill itself. Last man standing won (Saucie). Di, I merely assume roles will be revealed upon death?
Old 10-27-2008, 06:17 AM   #9
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
You in turn seem to be quite over-eager to accuse, my dear.
Yesss. I love blood.
And your agreeing we should lynch me wasn't an accusation - it was a nasty joke which made me very sad. *sniff*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
By the way, I think it's quite sensible to discuss game dynamics when you haven't even reached post 10 yet.
Me too. I was just trying to come up with a reason to accuse you. You know, everything can be used against you and such. Maybe you're just a were-creature trying to be sensible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
I was under the impression that we're not allowed to know the particulars of roles at all.
Oops, I should probably have read the narration a bit more closely. From now on I promise to be nice and read everything well.

Anyway I'm off to do something else now, see you later.
Old 10-27-2008, 06:22 AM   #10
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
And as it looks, post 10 won't come yet for a long while (EDIT: okay, x-ed, now it doesn't fit that much anymore). To say something serious, in contrary to most things which have been told here: I agree that speaking about game dynamics is nothing bad, at least to me, Mac's post helped to kind of sort my thoughts. But then, I think not much further discussion on that topic is needed. So, let's try not to make it the main topic from now on.

Now to say something even more serious: bxcblamsxfrt.

Okay, that'd be it from me now. Let's see if anybody else shows up. Hopefully they will.

P.S. Especially for some people, just a preventive note: no, we are not.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 06:26 AM   #11
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
And your agreeing we should lynch me wasn't an accusation - it was a nasty joke which made me very sad. *sniff*
Aww... *hands Aganzir a tissue* *hug*

Friends?

Quote:
Oops, I should probably have read the narration a bit more closely.
Me, too.

And Legate is sending secret messages and using a strange language in his post. Veeery suspicious.
Old 10-27-2008, 06:54 AM   #12
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
No, no, let me make this clear. First, this is no secret language. It is a part of common education to know it. Second, these are no secret messages. You may as well ignore that.

Now, to say something constructive: a crane.

No, please, people, come and post. The fact that this far, just five people showed up, and one of them is dead, has probably bad impact on me.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 10-27-2008, 07:04 AM   #13
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
And as it looks, post 10 won't come yet for a long while (EDIT: okay, x-ed, now it doesn't fit that much anymore). To say something serious, in contrary to most things which have been told here: I agree that speaking about game dynamics is nothing bad, at least to me, Mac's post helped to kind of sort my thoughts. But then, I think not much further discussion on that topic is needed. So, let's try not to make it the main topic from now on.

Now to say something even more serious: bxcblamsxfrt.

Okay, that'd be it from me now. Let's see if anybody else shows up. Hopefully they will.

Yeah, like that makes any sense. He's just trying to confuse us. Let's kill him.

All in all, it seems rather quiet(ish). Sorry I wasn't around first thing this Morning but I decided to crash early and then I didn't get up at like 4am like I planned. (That's right. 4am. To play Werewolf. Gah, I'm a strange little one.)

I think I'll pop out to class and hope it's a bit louder when I return. Either way, I'll post something more then.

EDIT: x'd with Legate. Sweetie, are you sick? Because you aren't making a lick of sense.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 07:22 AM   #14
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
No, please, people, come and post. The fact that this far, just five people showed up, and one of them is dead, has probably bad impact on me.
It is rather quiet isn't it? I was hoping to wake up and find a whole slew of posts waiting for me.

The only thing that jumped out at me was Agan and Mac's back and forth, but simply because it amused me. Other than that there's nothing to really comment on. I'll return after class and hopefully have a decent post to put up.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:41 AM   #15
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Strange.

I woke up and went on here, but no-one posted, so I thought that maybe we weren't meant to post.

Anyway, here I am, and it seems a very quiet first day.

I think this game is quite to different to many others in that the wolves want each other dead just as much as we want them dead. Or have I read the rules wrongly?
Old 10-27-2008, 07:52 AM   #16
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
This really is a quiet Day!

Seems I have the whole thread to myself *Mwah ha ha ha ha* er...
Old 10-27-2008, 08:21 AM   #17
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

No way, sir. I am here now, too. But yes, you got it right - in fact, the werelovers should wish the other werelovers dead more than us, just because they can cause them more harm than the ordos do (not just lynching, but also killing during the Night). And, seemingly, only one pair can win. So werelover wereloveri lupus. ( ) Although it's a matter of tactics, we surely are not to rely on it.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:57 AM   #18
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
The people who accused me based on my Day1 behaviour in last game should now be after Aganzir.

Whatever the changed rules are, I guess we can assume there are lovers. So obviously, we should look out for pairs. And looking out for fishy behaviour is always a good thing. I think that's a good starting kit. (Starting Kit hahahaha. Okay, sorry. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
No, no, let me make this clear. First, this is no secret language. It is a part of common education to know it.
Yes, Mac - it was obviously Czech: that language only consists of consonants, you know.

I wonder if I should be worried - this must be the shortest starting post ever on my whole wwing career (possibly discounting my first few games)...
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:20 AM   #19
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

I'm here, but it seems I haven't missed much.

Am I right in suspecting we won't know anything of cite-worthy value until Tomorrow? Because right now we don't know anything at all:

We know our own roles. Depending on what information Di's messages contained, we might know several roles. For instance, it's a fair assumption that there are Lovers, since this is a Lovers game. Also there will be ordinary villagers. There are an equivalent number of Lovers to bad guys? Maybe? Well, at the very least, there are bad guys as well as lovers, we just don't know how many.

1) # Lovers

2) # Ordos

3) # Baddies

What other roles?

I would expect a seer-type character, and the last game had a ranger sort of fellow...

Will Di have cobblers, do you think? Or is that sort of what lovers are anyway?

I know this isn't a particularly helpful post in that it's a post which concentrates on game dynamics, blah blah blah

-however I think it's necessary to put together as much information as we can in one clear place.

Because we know what Di did before and we know that this game resembles the old one, but that it's changed in unmentioned ways.

Consequently... we don't know anything. Literally, we know only our own roles. Not just in terms of we don't know who fills the other roles, but we don't know what roles they actually are to be filled.

I'm concerned because I don't know what magic powers exist in this um... sketchy motel...
Old 10-27-2008, 09:23 AM   #20
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
I looked back at the previous installment of this game. There were five deaths on the first gameNight: watcher, one pair of lovers and two ordos. So about 1/4th of the village was wiped out in a single Night.

Now that might be called a carnage.

But even if our effectivness in the killing-business is somewhat meager we should remember that if we hit it right we'll get two with the effort used for one. So let's show some brave faces around there.

I'm a bit confused about the discussion about the silentness of this village this far as the sleepiest hours - the sleepiest half of any Day in any ww-game have just taken place. The game normally starts to get active from something like an hour or two from now on.

But what little there is as yet I must say this is one of the weirdest beginnings of a game I've seen. I mean when enough people have seen enough Day1's they try to adjust - and what sometime ago was kind of honest trying or joking has now become meta-trying or meta-joking... It sure adds to the complexity of the game. Like we needed that challenge on top of all the other challenges!

EDIT: x'd with Fea
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:26 AM   #21
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
How wolfish! You try to defend yourself before anyone has even accused you.

Quote:
Aww... *hands Aganzir a tissue* *hug*

Friends?
Okay if I can lynch you then.

Legate is a cobbler as always. He says something unnecessary and claims it's serious, and then he tells us no further discussion on the topic is needed. He just tries to confuse us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
The people who accused me based on my Day1 behaviour in last game should now be after Aganzir.
Ah but isn't it a good thing if people are after me here? That's the whole point of this trip.
But, you know, the thing is that you and me are different. You're so boring and serious while I can be a bit crazy at times. I can understand if you have grudges about the last game but you should know better than to hint vaguely that people should suspect me because I remind you about some wolf performance of yours. I think that's a bad way to start your first post and I promise to keep my big nasty eye on you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Yes, Mac - it was obviously Czech: that language only consists of consonants, you know.
HA you and Legate are lovers and you're trying to defend him! And you're even a bad liar since there was one vocal!

What about lynching either Lommy or Legate today just to be on the safe side?

edit: xed with Fea and Nog
Old 10-27-2008, 09:26 AM   #22
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
I'm a bit confused about the discussion about the silentness of this village this far as the sleepiest hours - the sleepiest half of any Day in any ww-game have just taken place. The game normally starts to get active from something like an hour or two from now on.
Hey, that's an interesting point. I think it's simply that the deadline is so different that it kind of twists the picture...

edit: xed with Agan
Old 10-27-2008, 09:28 AM   #23
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Can we lynch Agan just because she's fussing around?
Old 10-27-2008, 09:31 AM   #24
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond
But I do feel moved to note that there are no "Werewolves."
I feel like I'm in a twisted torture chamber constructed by... myself.

How delightfully maddening.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:33 AM   #25
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Well, I came here to find a man, and I still aim to do so - I can work it in around WW hunting, after all. I'm going to be 30 soon, and I'm unmarried! Horrors!
(Don't modkill me, Di, I'm not roleplaying )

Macalaure is evil. I think this for three reasons:

1) He pops in early on day 1 bursting with overconfidence that he knows exactly how this game will go down - ie, just like the last. It's not that he's discussing game dynamics - it's the fact that what he's saying could only possibly be useful to confuse ordos and throw other baddies off his trail. I'm fairly sure this game will have some new twist thrown in, myself.

2) Di wouldn't make both Mac and I ordos. Ergo, he has a role, and, judging by point #1, that role is an evil one.
I realize this point doesn't do anyone any good until I'm dead, but that shouldn't take long when Mac is evil.

3) After the last game, I swore to do my utmost to get him lynched on day one.

Now, as for you other folks - Lommy looks a bit self-conscious. There are too many women in this village. Legate's multilingualism is charming, but Eönwë's confusion is just too cute (if it looks a little feigned...)

At any rate, if we really do have the high numbers of baddies we did last time, our chances of lynching one are high - and if they are lovers, we'll get two for one. Don't lose heart!

And, Aganzir, I agree on the gender thing - we should lynch all the females in alphabetical order.

Edit: X'd with Fea, Nog, Agan, Lommy, Lommy, Fea.

Last edited by Rikae; 10-27-2008 at 09:39 AM.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:38 AM   #26
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Hey! That's not true. There was one A in the word.

Okay, now something more constructive (and no, it won't be "two cranes" this time). This far, I could state my opinions on people this way:

Aganzir - as much as she can look innocent when she's a Wolf, she does not look exactly like that now - she looks a bit different. What does it mean? She could be a Werelover.

Mac - joins the general joking around, but does not forget to put a quite lengthy helpful summarisation of our situation (with putting the emphasis on "our" as innocents). That might be a preventive behavior by which he is trying to prove that he is "normal", even though he is a Werelover actually.

Fea is a bit saying something of a value, and a bit not, but this far hard to say anything concrete.

Sally is being a bit silly, but seeming relatively normal.

Kit is hardly saying anything, could be wishing to slip under the radar.

Eönwë is hardly saying anything, but maybe that's normal.

Lommy's post is a bit unusually-seeming at the beginning, but normally lommiish-seeming in the end, so who knows.

Looking forward to see more.

(and I am x-ing since Lommy's first post, the one I quote, but I am not going to prolongate this anymore by refreshing and reacting even to something which may have been posted meanwhile...)
Old 10-27-2008, 09:38 AM   #27
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Sounds fair enough. I promised that I'd lynch her if I ever played with her again.

EDIT: X'ed with Legate & Rikae
Old 10-27-2008, 09:44 AM   #28
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Aganzir - as much as she can look innocent when she's a Wolf, she does not look exactly like that now - she looks a bit different. What does it mean? She could be a Werelover.
I think she looks rather innocent. But I wouldn't bet on it.

By the way, this village is rather crazy. No one is taking this seriously... I wonder if I should be amused or worried.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:45 AM   #29
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin Redbeard View Post
Sounds fair enough. I promised that I'd lynch her if I ever played with her again.

EDIT: X'ed with Legate & Rikae

I'm up for it too.

Is Lommie crazier than usual? Or is it just me? (Just saying)

Alternatively, Legate has a nice little organized list. Very nice. Too nice mehbe?

And yes, Rikae. Mac is evil. He's always evil, darling.

I'm fairly optimistic about toDay actually. Like a couple others have said, our chances of finding a baddie aren't too shabby. And two for the price of one always makes me happy.

The problem is that once night hits a big chunk of this village is going the way of the dodo, so we best hope to indeed get baddie(s) today so they can't kill off so many in the Night.

Sorry to be so brief, catching up on some homework that I spaced off. Back hopefully soon.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:48 AM   #30
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
Okay if I can lynch you then.
Shall we try to lynch each other?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
Macalaure is evil.
Oh no, my dear.

Quote:
He pops in early on day 1 bursting with overconfidence
If you look back on my past wolf appearances, you will see that the bursting and overconfident wolves usually ended up as very early roadkill. Why should I play like that if I was evil?

Quote:
Di wouldn't make both Mac and I ordos.
Last time she semi-randomized the roles, so it might actually be possible we're on the same side at last. Otherwise, since I know I'm innocent, you're evil, which would mean that I would have to try to get you lynched, which I rather wouldn't.

Quote:
After the last game, I swore to do my utmost to get him lynched on day one.
That's only fair, I admit.

I'm sensing some very bad karma from the directions of Lommy and Legate. I don't mean that they're a couple themselves, but they both feel like they have ill intentions, independently from one another. I can't put my finger on it, though.

Fea is innocent, says I.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:53 AM   #31
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post

Alternatively, Legate has a nice little organized list. Very nice. Too nice mehbe?
On the contrary, on the last game Legate was a wolf and his attitude now is different from his wolvish attitude. Before he would just pop in and give his analysis of people, in the hopes of creating confusion I'm assuming, and would only enter into disscussion with the players if he was accused. Now he is actually entering into the disscussion. But if I'm wrong...
Old 10-27-2008, 09:54 AM   #32
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sorry for the double post

As for Lommy being in a silly mood I think that is normal for her to have.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:54 AM   #33
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

If Mac is aknowledging that Rikae is attacking him just as a joke, why does he bother to defend himself? Is he a bit jumpy maybe?

edit: xed with Groin -
Old 10-27-2008, 09:55 AM   #34
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
-however I think it's necessary to put together as much information as we can in one clear place.
Why?
What does it really matter whether we know what roles there are or not? Well if we want to talk about something which doesn't reveal much about a person's alignment (except for a possible yet unlikely slip), okay. I suppose it's a way to get the discussion rolling, too, but... I don't like it. I do it occasionally anyway. Still, it's a way to talk much without really saying anything.

Quote:
How dare you suggest that my love?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
And, Aganzir, I agree on the gender thing - we should lynch all the females in alphabetical order.
Or what about lynching first those who have posted the least?

Quote:
It means that you have dirt on your glasses.

I really don't have proper opinions about anyone yet - mostly it's just that I haven't seen anyone who looks innocent. Argh I should do some thinking but I feel more like posting nonsense.

edit: xed since sally
Old 10-27-2008, 09:58 AM   #35
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
If you look back on my past wolf appearances, you will see that the bursting and overconfident wolves usually ended up as very early roadkill. Why should I play like that if I was evil?
Ah, but if you played a cautious wolf, someone might note that that is exactly the strategy that always worked for you before. At least, this way, you have the above excuse ready-made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Otherwise, since I know I'm innocent, you're evil, which would mean that I would have to try to get you lynched, which I rather wouldn't.
Is that flattery, or a threat? Either way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
I'm sensing some very bad karma from the directions of Lommy and Legate. I don't mean that they're a couple themselves, but they both feel like they have ill intentions, independently from one another. I can't put my finger on it, though.
Stirring the pot? I can see what you mean in Lommy's case, but vague suspicions aren't worth much, are they (until everyone starts echoing them, and, before you know it, you have a pointless, useless bandwagon on your hands which isn't even helpful after the fact for finding baddies... ).

EDIT: X'd with Groin, Lommy & Agan
Old 10-27-2008, 10:03 AM   #36
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
If Mac is aknowledging that Rikae is attacking him just as a joke, why does he bother to defend himself? Is he a bit jumpy maybe?
For the record, just because I add a joke to something, doesn't mean I'm entirely joking.
Now, does Mac know that? Is he being jumpy? It's possible, I suppose.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:05 AM   #37
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
I really don't have proper opinions about anyone yet - mostly it's just that I haven't seen anyone who looks innocent. Argh I should do some thinking but I feel more like posting nonsense.
Would you like to trade situation with me? I haven't seen anyone who looks suspicious... ("Particularly suspicious, would be a better phrasing, though.)

Quote:
What does it really matter whether we know what roles there are or not? Well if we want to talk about something which doesn't reveal much about a person's alignment (except for a possible yet unlikely slip), okay. I suppose it's a way to get the discussion rolling, too, but... I don't like it. I do it occasionally anyway. Still, it's a way to talk much without really saying anything.
While I agree that rule-talk can lead to talking much without revaling your own alignment, it's not a bad thing to know the rules. It's easier to get rid of someone when you know what you're looking for. It doesn't matter so much now, but on say Day4 it would be nice to know how big a percent of the fellow villagers are your enemies and how many are not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
How dare you suggest that my love?
Easily. By the way, I find it mightily amusing, that in this game everybody is calling each other "dear", "darling" or "love". Makes me paranoid.

edit: xed with Rikaex2
Old 10-27-2008, 10:08 AM   #38
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
For the record, just because I add a joke to something, doesn't mean I'm entirely joking.
I thought you were... I thought that your third point was there kind of just turn the setting around and announce you're accusing him just because of principle, not because you really suspect him.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:11 AM   #39
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

I don't know if it's because reasons to suspect somebody are always so fabricated this early in the day, but sally doesn't look innocent. A post full of nice little rhetorical questions: Is Lommie crazier than usual? Legate has a nice little organized list. Very nice. Too nice mehbe? Vague things that are intended to make people feel bad about someone.

Yes I'm fine with trying to lynch you Mac, unless I come up with someone better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Because of getting to say this. Some people just can't get enough of risks. That's a bad defense really.

And Rikae and Mac, it's not that black-and-white. Who knows if one of you is an ordo and the other a gifted? Mac's response to Rikae looks a bit like, I don't know, wolfish (I am going to use this word despite there being no werewolves, period).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Last time she semi-randomized the roles, so it might actually be possible we're on the same side at last. Otherwise, since I know I'm innocent, you're evil, which would mean that I would have to try to get you lynched, which I rather wouldn't.
I can't put my finger on it really. Dunno. Mac just seems to be too quick to forget the gifted factor, like a wolf trying to think like an innocent but not wholly succeeding. Does anybody understand what I mean?
And no, it doesn't really matter whether I speculate about gifteds at the beginning of day 1 - especially as we don't even know for certain if there are any. If someone has something against it, lynch me, that's the only way to get me to shut up.

edit: xed with Rikae and two Lommys
edit2: typo

Last edited by Aganzir; 10-27-2008 at 10:16 AM.
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 10:13 AM   #40
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Imagine you're writing a research paper about potential cures for adrenoleukodistrophy. Don't you want your readers to know what ALD is? So before you start explaining how introduction of certain lipids can slow the deterioration of the myelin sheath, you should probably include a brief definition of ALD and how lipids have anything to do with it. You can't just assume your audience knows what you're talking about: so before you get to the point, you make sure everybody's got a bit of foundational knowledge.

It's like trying to get people to read before teaching them the alphabet.

If you want anybody to be able to follow what you're saying, you need a valid starting point. Attempting to create a solid start point (trying to figure out what roles exist) makes it a lot easier to follow when you start positing theories. I mean, how can you suspect people when you don't even know the crime?

Last edited by Feanor of the Peredhil; 10-27-2008 at 10:14 AM. Reason: x'd with everything after Rikae's #35
Feanor of the Peredhil is offline   Reply With Quote