The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-19-2006, 10:37 PM   #1
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
WWJ III - Nan Qualinmerë: Death Wish Valley

In a dark little town, in the North East, just over the Misty Mountains, a little town of some eighteen people lived. It was a farmin town, mostly of livestock, but they had other little shops as well. There was enought traffic going through Mejis (the town) which was rather surprising considering they were so far up North.

Then, one day, the village was disturbed out of their quiet lives. Something hairy, horrible and meat eating roamed into the town....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome all to Werewolf Junior 3 - Nan Qualinmerë: Death Wish valley!

Rules

- There will be retractable votes.

- No mass lynchs. Double lynchs i will except.

- If you don't post after Two Days, you WILL be lynched.

- Nights and Days will run in a twenty four hour period sequence.

- When Gil or myself say stop voting, it also means stop posting.

- If you want to reveal your role to others (I STRONGLY advise against it), you may do so as long as you don't use PM's and such as proof.

- You ar NOT allowed to talk through PM's. No talking about the game in any other thread as well.

- When you're dead, you stay dead. That means no PMing other players that are alive about the game. You're dead. The dead tell no tales.

Roles

Wolves - PM each other during the NIGHT phase of the game. When DAY comes around, you turn into villages and attempt to decieve your fellow villagers and make them believe you are innocent

Seer - PM's mod a name of one person which he/she will dream of during the NIGHT. They will then get the role of that character. The Cursed is the exception: he/she will be revealed as an ordinary to the Seer.

Ranger - PM's mod a name of one person to protect each NIGHT. Wolves cannot kill the person that this person chooses.

Hunter - PM's mod a name of someone they would kill if the Wolves attack the Hunter during the NIGHT. I might also throw in a little mix if the Hunter gets lynched during the DAY.

Cursed - Has the blood of Wolf in him/her yet doesn't know it. He/she will become a Wolf if the Wolves attack the Cursed during the NIGHT.

Ordinary Villagers - Must try and find the Wolves and lynche them in the DAY. Must also convince the other Ordo's that he/she is innocent.

Players

Garin - carpenter
Eonwe - hermit in a wigwam
Roa - village apothecary
Thin - old cattle grower (mercenary in her youth)
Ang - idealistic, chivalrous, lovelorn young squire
Eomer - village doctor
Mith - mysterusly walthy widow
Kath - tortoise herder
Gandalf - village wizard
Valier - local dog trainer
Shelob - Web Head Hats owner
Valesse - tumbler/acrobat
Wayne - actor
Fea - village maicurist
Crombie - pompous windbag
tar - lady with all the cats

I need a name from the Seer. The Wolves may PM each other until my death, to get to know each other. You may also use this thread for any questions.

Last edited by Glirdan; 01-21-2006 at 08:04 AM.
Glirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 10:53 PM   #2
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
"What are we doing out here Glirdan?" asked a terrified Gil.

"Well, since you're the only experienced butcher in this here town and my music is the only thing that will put these beasts to sleepy, I need you to come protect me."

"Ah. Now, what exactly are we hunting?"

"That, my friend, is the thing we'll find out afterwards."

"But what if-" right then, they heard a loud howl from nearby. And then two more howls erupted, yet they were closer. "What's that?"

"Probably what we're searching for." With that, Glirdan pulled out his sax and started playing a few tunes as Gil readied his butcher blade. After a minute, the howls stopped. "I think that it worked. YES!" Glirdan cried. Gil didn't answer. "Um, Gil?" He turned around and his friend wasn't there. He was all alone in the middle of the forest. Just then, something heavy fell from the trees. "AHH!" Glirdan cried in surprise. As he looked at the object closer, he realised that it was his friend's body. There were claw marks and blood all over him, but he could not see how injured the butcher was. Then, he heard a terrifying sound behind him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day, everyone woke up and went about their buissness. Eonwe was out of his little wigwam and on his way to see Roa at her apothecary for some potions. Fea was giving tar's cats free manicures while Shelob attempted to help Gandalf find the right hat to match the rest of his wizard uniform. Valier and Kath were arguing over which person's pet was the best while Crombie and Mith were having a long conversation of the past. Eomer was healing Ang's battle wounds and Garin was helping Wayne and Valesse set up for there performances. Just then Thin, the villages old cattle grower (mercenary in her youth) ran in crying and gasping for breath. "What is it?" Eomer demanded. "Are you hurt?"

"No! Bodies- forest- follow!" With that, Thin ran off back towards the forest. Everyone stood there flabergasted until she ran back and said "Follow me!" Then she turned back around and started running towards the forest again withe everyone right behind her. She led them to a clearing in the middle of the forest at the base of the Misty Mountains. There they met a horrible site. They saw the body of their beloved butcher on the ground with claw wounds and a pool of blood around him. Eomer ran over to him. "He's dead." he said. "Died of bloodloss." But that wasn't the end of their woes for just then, they saw another blood trail leading out of the clearing. This trail they followed right to the edge of the clearing. There, a ghastly site met them. There, Glirdan lay, his head beside him and his beloved sax sticking out of where his head was meant to be. An erie scilence folloed and then everyone let out a blodd curdling scream at the same time. "But why where they out here?" Kath asked.

"Well, I remember Glirdan telling me something about hearing strange noises in the night, but I didn't believe him. I thought it was just his imagination. Now how I wish I would have listend to him." Ang said sadly.

"Ok, but WHAT could have done this?" asked Fea.

"1 of thee sees thee.
1 of thee protects thee.
1 of thee hunts thee.
1 of thee is evil yet doesn't know
3 of thee will kill all of ye
." Gandlaf said calmly.

"Why did you say that!?" cried Mith.

"It's written in their blood," he replied, pointing to the bodies of Glirdan and Gil "on the tree right in front of you." Sure enough, on the tree was that exact message. "This means that there are 3 Werewolves amongst us."

"And it's our job to find out who." finished Shelob. With that, they picked up the bodies of Gil and Glirdan (and Eomer grabbed Glirdan's head and put it in a carrying bag) and returned to the town.

Dead
Glirdan (mod) - Beheaded and then reheaded with a sax
Gil-Galad (mod) - Bled to death.

Alive
Garin
Eonwe
Roa
Thin
Ang
Eomer
Mith
Kath
Gandalf
Valier
Shelob
Valesse
Wayne
Fea
Crombie
tar

Day 1 starts. Wolves stop PMing. Start speculating people.

Last edited by Glirdan; 01-21-2006 at 11:00 AM. Reason: missed that thin, sorry
Glirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 01:01 AM   #3
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
(Ahem.. Glirdan, is said I am an old cattle-grower, mercenary in her youth. Not an explorer...)

Poor Glirdan and poor Gil. We're really going to miss them.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 02:08 AM   #4
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Ah me, what a sight is here...enough to curdle the flowing blood of the boldest sword in Eriador.

What say ye of one named Gil, lady Thinlomien? My own eyes see but one corpse, foully slaine as it seemeth to me, by false trickery.

Alas that such a morn should dawn. No longer shall I pluck at a lute and warble rondelays to lady loves with a carefree heart. My pale hand must seize a dire blade as we face whatever is to come.

We shall give no ground. We will never yield. Be they ever so filled with guile and wisdom, we shall prevail. On this, my slender sword, unused to battle worse than boar-hunts, I do swear it.

For the spirit of goodly chivalry will always conquer. Thus hath the gods ordained it.
Old 01-21-2006, 03:24 AM   #5
tar-ancalime
Shade of Carn Dûm

tar-ancalime has just left Hobbiton.
Werewolves? My stars. I will miss that poor, poor Glirdan and Gil. I know they never threw eggs at my beautiul house like some young folk.

I'm sure that my second cousin thrice removed was a mandibular lycosophist. It was years and years ago, of course, when we still had the other country place and all the family would meet in the summer. Before I started taking care of my babies.

*plucks a hissing cat off Fea's shoulder and addresses it*

I know dear, you don't like the way she buffed your nails. But she told me squared-off tips are the thing this year, and frankly we've got to take what we can get when it's free.

Where was I? My cousin Horace. Of course. He had a bit of a walleye as I recall but he did study werewolves. Now I'm sure I've got some of his old papers back at the house in the old pigeonhole desk.

*hurries home, not noticing the rapidly unravelling sweater sleeve that is caught on another cat's squared-off claw, then returns with a stained, dusty parchment*

My goodness, it has been some time since I've dusted in all those pigeonholes.

Now Horace says in this letter to my aunt Phlox that werewolves are terribly hard to kill. Apparently you can't just shoot them, since during the day they look like the rest of us. Good heavens, it seems the only way for us to avenge Glirdan and Gil, and rid ourselves of this horrible menace, is by lynching.

It's a bad, bad business and I can only wish it over.
Old 01-21-2006, 04:49 AM   #6
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Forsooth, I have been foolishe and neglectful. I see now that Gil-Galad too lies broken by some hidden claw. I shall make most piteous dole. Alack.

Damoiselle des Chats, your words are heavy but most true, greatly though my soul forbodes me. To stop the triumph of our enemies, we must engineer their execution, right unmanly and cowardly though it is to hang a man.

For myself I prefer to allow a trial by combat. Rather than mere lynching like some commoner, I say the chosen victim should die cleanly by sharp steel.

But who is to be? We have few leads on this dark day, and must pray that some kindly chance presides over our decision.

I fear I shall be among the first to cast a vote. Misprise not my intentions-I am occupied much with swordplay and composition as the day grows later. (See the main Tol-in-Gaurhoth Junior thread for my absence notice.)