Quill Revenant

Envinyatar has just left Hobbiton.
See you then!

- E -
Old 08-20-2005, 09:28 AM   #122
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Just to let everyone know - received a PM from Anguirel. He will be back @ the first week in september . . .

~*~ Pio
Old 08-21-2005, 07:16 PM   #123
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Yeah! Lindir will definitely come alive by then.
Old 08-22-2005, 07:57 AM   #124
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
I'll have to thaw Tasa out of the cryogenic freezer. I think I've partly forgotten her, and she's based on me from about a year ago. How depressing.

Early notice: the first week of September I'll be trapped in college orientation and probably entirely unable to post. The schedule looks terrifyingly full of brunches and bonding. Any way we could post-pone our trip up the mountain until after September 5th?
Old 08-22-2005, 09:55 AM   #125
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

1420!

How about the weekend of Sept 10th?

Hopefully Anguirel will be on board by then.

~*~ Pio
Old 08-22-2005, 05:06 PM   #126
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
The tenth sounds perfect. Can't wait. Tasa is easier to write than Inzi, and less moody than Saeryn. Should be fun to see what she decides to do once they start exploring.
Old 09-09-2005, 04:36 AM   #127
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I'm ready to go! We should all spend some time tomorrow reminding ourselves about our characters...and rereading the game of course. I hope we can glide seamlessly back on track.
Old 09-09-2005, 07:05 AM   #128
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Welcome back, Anguirel. Let's get this show on the road. (Just please not first thing in the morning. )
Old 09-09-2005, 03:45 PM   #129
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Excitement

Nice to have you back, Ang. Can't wait to get going on this game again (after I refamiliarize myself with my character, of course... ).
Old 09-10-2005, 01:36 AM   #130
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

The poor ghostie has made her appearance . . .

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NAME: Giledhel of Himring (Malris' wife)

AGE: 7187 years (Including the millennia since her death)

RACE: Once a Noldorin Elf. Now a houseless spirit.

WEAPONS: While some of the warrior Coavalta cling to the weapons they bore in life, occasionally even choosing to inhabit them, Giledhel has no such great affection for tools of war.

APPEARANCE: Giledhel has elected to haunt her marriage bed, and usually hides within it. Sometimes she leaves it to examine her loom, smashed to pieces in the sack of Himring, and it is only in the torn, soiled embroidery that her former hroa can still be glimpsed. When the embroidery is possessed, it shows a stunningly lifelike upper half of an elven woman, in a hooded black dress, with hair so dark it almost has a blue sheen-a sheen reflected in her large, plaintive, pale eyes.

PERSONALITY, STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Giledhel barely remembers anything now. A permanent reel of images spins through her mind, all of a dark and tragic nature. It chills her and leads her to despair. Just occasionally, though, the freezing sorrow recedes slightly, and she sees Malris’ face, the face of her husband. In these moments she feels nostalgic, which is to say relatively happy; but they rarely last long.

In life Giledhel was animated, filled with unceasing energy, and possessed of a rare altruism; an altruism for which she paid the highest price, eventually.

HISTORY: Giledhel was not especially renowned in Valinor, where she was born; though she was beautiful, her loveliness was not of the proud, masterful the sort the Noldor appreciated, but in her vulnerability and kindness. She worked as a milliner and weaver beside her mother in Tuna; her father was one of Mahtan’s servants, a grim, rough-spoken smith whom she scarcely knew, as he closeted himself in his forge.

Contented and busy, she paid no heed to the long strife in the royal house; but on the day of Feanor’s return from Formenos, it happened that she was out to buy some bales of silk at the market, and so was caught in the momentous events of that time. Crowds were pouring into the square, and the news reached Giledhel’s ears that the King was dead, and his son was to give a speech; she was pulled along with the rest.

How could such a fair and utterly true maid be expected to resist the most captivating words in the history of Ea? Feanor’s speech flared her up as nothing had ever done before; and she was further convinced when she saw her father, out of the smithy for one, cheering all he was able. Despite the entreaties of her mother, both Giledhel and her father left with Feanor’s host. During the Kinslaying, Giledhel seized up a spear and fought beside her father as best she could.

Both of them followed Maedhros after Feanor’s death, and Giledhel was enraptured to know so well a father she had never before been close to. When he fell at the Dagor Aglareb, she was inconsolable; she tore her hair and wept alone on the threshold of their house. It was then that Malris, Lord Maedhros’ friend and banner-bearer, chanced to ride by; and his heart was moved. He wooed her for twenty years, crafting gifts for her and ensuring that she lived comfortably; and at last she accepted him. Their marriage was attended by Maedhros, Maglor, and Curufin; and Maglor prophesised that as long as Himring stood, the marriage would prosper.

After the Nirnaeth, his words proved terribly accurate. Hours after Malris had bombarded the walls of Himring to prevent its occupation by Morgoth, the Orcs were pouring in thick and fast. Moved to pity by the sight of a lone Elven child, Giledhel gave the girl her horse, and ran up the stairs to her bedchamber. There she sat at her loom, weaving “Malris, forgive me” in Quenya and in Sindarin.

She was discovered and slain by Orcs after finishing the Sindaring “forgive”; but something made her resist the summons to Mandos, clinging to what she knew, investing herself in the bed where she had been happy. There her spirit still creeps, waiting for some unknown peace to descend. Her loom has been shattered and the weaving torn, but the message, half-Quenya, half-Sindar, can still be read.
Old 09-10-2005, 10:09 AM   #131
Child of the 7th Age

Glad we are up and running. I need to skim over the story first and then I will think about a post.

Are there any posters we are missing?
Old 09-10-2005, 10:12 AM   #132
Envinyatar
Quill Revenant

All present and accounted for, I think.

- E -
Old 09-10-2005, 02:08 PM   #133
Envinyatar
Quill Revenant

I've started us up the cliffside.

Let me know if you want me to make any adjustments to the posts.

- E -
Old 09-11-2005, 08:25 AM   #134
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

When evening comes, the Coavalta of the Orcs killed when Maedhros rescued Azaghal will attack, their minds on the Dragonhelm! By then we'll have reached the gate to the courtyard. In the meantime, description and remniscences.

Quick reminder of the Dragonhelm episode-

Azaghal was ambushed by Orcs. Maedhros rescued him, and was rewarded with the Helm, which of course got to Hador's line later...
Old 09-11-2005, 08:42 AM   #135
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel
When evening comes, the Coavalta of the Orcs killed when Maedhros rescued Azaghal will attack, their minds on the Dragonhelm! By then we'll have reached the gate to the courtyard. In the meantime, description and remniscences.
I'm good at reminiscing...

Quote:
Quick reminder of the Dragonhelm episode-

Azaghal was ambushed by Orcs. Maedhros rescued him, and was rewarded with the Helm, which of course got to Hador's line later...
Fair warning, I'm probably going to skirt any direct writing concerning this. The only books I've got immediate access to are The Hobbit and the LotR. I can probably track down the Silm, but I'm still trying to figure out my new library, so chances are pretty slim of me finding it and having time to read it (time, time, I need more time!) this week, much less today. If my campus library hasn't got it, I'll have to wait until I can beg a favor off of one of my girls to go downtown with me and track down the public one. But yeah, just so you know... that's why I won't be much detailed concerning this part.
Old 09-11-2005, 08:50 AM   #136
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

You don't need to know much more. But it's described in the Narn in Unfinished Tales if any of you want to look it up.
Old 09-12-2005, 01:09 AM   #137
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

1420!

The lady is secure for the moment, but most likely quite scraped and bruised.

Endamir can't hold her and him for too much longer

Throw us a rope, Malris!

~*~ Pio
Old 09-12-2005, 01:27 AM   #138
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

I'll fill in my SAVE this afternoon. For the moment, alas, I have Greek to revise...
Old 09-12-2005, 01:36 AM   #139
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

1420!

No 'alas' needed - 'twas my undergraduate major. A glorious language . . .

And now, back on topic, since I'm the mod and should set a good example -- Endamir will simply have to suck it up, grit his pearly white Elven teeth and hang on. Hopefully, Tasa will not develop a leg cramp as she perches on the toe of his boot . . .

~*~ Pio
Old 09-12-2005, 09:00 AM   #140
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

SAVE filled in...

After the trauma of this episode, I think I'll take us to evening, the gate and the Orc Coavalta as soon as feasible. That'll provide a nice rest!
Old 09-14-2005, 02:48 AM   #141
Envinyatar
Quill Revenant

I've introduced 3 Orc fëar:

Ashukh
Zlog
Gorgu

They haunt, so to speak, Giledhel's chamber. She has gathered these three lost souls in with her kindness and they in turn, now free through their deaths from their Master's dominion, use what rude skills they have to protect their Lady.

In lieu of a long, dry bio/history, more of the hapless story of how they came to be entwined with her will come out in further posts.

- E -
Old 09-14-2005, 07:50 AM   #142
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

The Orc Coavalta after the Dragonhelm are about to arrive on the scene. Pio, Envinyatur and I can each play a few of them. They remember the failed ambush, at which some of our Elves might even have been present-we might have led them directly to their present state in some cases. Now they want vengeance...and the Dragonhelm.

The physical injuries they inflict are slight, like Malris' hand-wound of the night before. Their main weapon is fear, and after the initial horror we should be able to recover ourselves and stand against them till...till...well, that's a secret...
Old 09-14-2005, 11:50 AM   #143
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Now that's just mean, Ang. Secrets? From us? At least when I have fantastically fun plot twists, I keep them hushed until I spring them. That way I don't leave my fellow writers just dying to know what's going to happen.
Old 09-14-2005, 01:12 PM   #144
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

On an unrelated note-type "Island of Sorrow" or "Malris" or something of the kind into Google and we're at the top! I got such a kick out of that...
Old 09-14-2005, 01:49 PM   #145
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

1420!

Firefoot

My SAVE is filled (post #91). I left room for Lómwë to join in on the general creepiness of their present situation.

--------------------------------

Anguirel

I've left another SAVE for an Orcish post if that's alright with you. See your PM's

~*~ Pio
Old 09-14-2005, 05:52 PM   #146
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

1420!

My post is up for Bazhrat the Skullcrusher. One of the houseless Orc spirits stuck outside the fortress walls. He was a lowly grunt in the Orc armies of way back when. Still is as far as he and his "Cap'n" are concerned. He's not all that bright, but he has the cunning of one long gone mad . . . and he can be mean, very mean.

The Elves are lucky he can no longer wield his spiked oaken club.

~*~ Pio
Old 09-15-2005, 12:02 AM   #147
Child of the 7th Age

Lindir's save is filled in with a very brief post. I will be out of town for the next few days. Should be back on Sunday. Meanwhile, I may have computer access if we can hook our laptop up to the hotel's wireless network. We shall see.....
Old 09-15-2005, 01:48 PM   #148
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

White Tree ~*~ Sounds of cymbals and piping ~*~

~*~ NOTICE ~*~

Let it be known that

Fordim Hedgethistle

known to those in the Shire as Master Hearpwine, and etc . . .
has now had his name engraved on the iron plaque that bears the list of the story-tellers of Gondor.

Huzzah!

Let all come to The Inn of the Seventh Star in Minas Tirith and raise a glass of cheer to Fordim.

** And for those wondering, drink and food are free on this occasion. And all are most welcome **

~*~ ~*~

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seriously, everyone is welcome to come to the Inn in Gondor, in whatever character you'd like.

Give a word of congrats to Fordim and knock back a drink or two. I'm there, playing darts . . . challenge, anyone? . . .
Old 09-19-2005, 03:07 PM   #149
Envinyatar
Quill Revenant

For my own clarification -

Quote:
A ghostly blade suddenly darted forth to pierce her wrist. The wound healed almost instantly, leaving a line of fresh blood to flower through the light bandages still covering her hands. --Fëa
Can the Orc fëar wound the living? Can we manipulate objects, e.g., hurling rocks or what ever? How much can we do, other than mind games?

- E -
Old 09-19-2005, 05:11 PM   #150
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

When writing, I was thinking of the Morgul blades, and how the Witch King pierced Frodo. Only I tempered it because Tasa's an old-blood Noldo so she would heal faster... right? Right??? *crosses fingers that an edit isn't needed* And the wound wouldn't be as awful because it's just a doofus orc inflicting it, not a crazy old ghost of a super-powerful king. It will still scar, since you just can't be stabbed by an evil spirit with no permanent damage.
Old 09-20-2005, 12:43 AM   #151
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Fea's got it right. The physical damage you inflict is slight and stinging, but causes mental hurt. And while with a lot of effort you could hurl rocks, you wouldn't need to-you're aiming to separate body and soul, and don't need to slay the body.
Old 09-21-2005, 01:30 AM   #152
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

I'm off now till Thursday evening...
Old 09-21-2005, 01:53 AM   #153
Child of the 7th Age

I will fill in my save tomorrow. Beyond Thursday, things aren't certain. We live in Houston and Miss Rita has threatened to pay us a visit. If I disappear, just carry Lindir along with or without the Helm.
Old 09-21-2005, 06:43 AM   #154
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Luck stay with you, Child. We'll keep everything ready for you, should you be away for a bit.
Old 09-21-2005, 11:41 AM   #155
Child of the 7th Age

Thanks, Feanor.

Unless the weather forecast changes, it looks as if we'll be leaving tomorrow to stay with friends further inland. I will try to fill my save late tonight.

If I don't get to the save, Pio , could you erase the it? I hope to have computer access at my friend's if things go well. Meanwhile, I've asked Pio to drag Lindir along, with or without the helm. Everyone is welcome to mention him in your post.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cami

I'll delete it, but not completely - you can go back and fill it then if you wish.

~*~ Pio

Last edited by piosenniel; 09-23-2005 at 05:08 PM.
Old 09-23-2005, 05:06 PM   #156
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Put on your best clothes, Elves. Giledhel thinks she is throwing a party.

And poor Tasa . . . I don't think Giledhel likes her
Old 09-25-2005, 08:44 AM   #157
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Ah, my loves, there seems to have been a break in battle.
Old 09-25-2005, 01:21 PM   #158
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

I wouldn't mind seeing something of Lindir, as he is the focus of the Orc attack, assaulted by Ghashthurk himself and three others. I also want to see Envinyatur play with some of the Orcs I've tossed in-Ghashthurk is my precious, the others are fair game...and pio post the reactions of her pet Orc to Tasa's manouevres and proud cry...

EDIT: Is Child having Rita trouble? Should I or pio post Lindir's defence of the Helm?
Old 09-25-2005, 01:44 PM   #159
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel
I wouldn't mind seeing something of Lindir, as he is the focus of the Orc attack, assaulted by Ghashthurk himself and three others. I also want to see Envinyatur play with some of the Orcs I've tossed in-Ghashthurk is my precious, the others are fair game...and pio post the reactions of her pet Orc to Tasa's manouevres and proud cry...

EDIT: Is Child having Rita trouble? Should I or pio post Lindir's defence of the Helm?
Ditto. I'd be much appreciative if Tasa's proud cry does nothing more than to cause a brief hesitation and then some derisive laughter.
Old 09-25-2005, 01:58 PM   #160
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

1420!

Anguirel

It would be best if you carry Lindir at present - I'm soon off to a long day at work followed by another tomorrow.

I'll put up a save for my little Orc and see if I can get that filled in when I return early tomorrow a.m.

~*~ Pio