The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-04-2006, 09:40 PM   #201
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
At least I have the pleasure of knowing I voted for the werebear.

Farael ... there are no words ... .

Mac, very impressive.

Durelin, good game, we did our best...

Lhuna ... I guess you fooled Farael....good job...grrrr...

Everyone else, sorry I wasn't playing much until the end, good game though! See you in Jenny's game...

Last edited by Rikae; 11-04-2006 at 09:46 PM.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 09:45 PM   #202
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Why Jenny?

We were actually torn between Jenny and Lommy (I even proposed to kill Rune as well the first night, but Lhuna thought otherwise). Lommy and Valier were both suspicious of me the second day and might have voted me the next. But killing one of the two could have been too dangerous. I was afraid that Jenny would supply the third vote that would have killed me, so she had to go because she left few trails. We also thought she might be the careful lover of a bold were-creature.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 10:10 PM   #203
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure
Those last hours were horrible. I would have loved to just tell you, but there was the tiny chance Farael really did turn up.
I was actually counting on that, according to my calculations I'd make it home by the deadline... sadly, I got home just now. I stand by my choice though, I couldn't really decide and since there were no retractable votes and there was a slight chance I'd be back (and another slight chance that somoene would start gloating too soon) I figured I'd take a shot at it.

Well done Mac and Lhuna though... by the end of the day I was thinking Rikae and Mac may be the last pair, but since the options were Lhuna and Durelin... oh well, I WAS right on Holby and I got a lucky guess at Morm... although I do realize that my playing style is probably not the best for the village as a whole... perhaps they should listen to my first accusation, kill it, and then kill me
Old 11-04-2006, 10:21 PM   #204
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
FaraelI just wish you'd gotten back in time...we would have had a 50% chance -but it happens; it's just a game, after all.
And I suppose it's partly my fault, if I had you thinking I was a baddie...
Another thing is that I was reluctant to suspect Mac because I suspected him in the last game, and he turned out to be innocent. Oh well.
Old 11-04-2006, 10:25 PM   #205
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
FaraelI just wish you'd gotten back in time...we would have had a 50% chance -but it happens; it's just a game, after all.
And I suppose it's partly my fault, if I had you thinking I was a baddie...
Another thing is that I was reluctant to suspect Mac because I suspected him in the last game, and he turned out to be innocent. Oh well.
It's all good... as you can probably guess I don't base my suspicions in facts, unless there are CLEAR facts... if we are going to be grasping at straws, I'll just follow my senses. I've been lucky thus far with that, but it's not a fool-proof thing... I've actually been through all of your posts a fair bit before I had to leave, but since I could find nothing incriminating and there were no patterns in voting in this game....
Old 11-05-2006, 04:25 AM   #206
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quite a game!

Congrats to the winners, Mac and Lhuna, beautifully played!

It's funny to see how one can be right for absolutely wrong reasons. On Day1 I voiced my suspicions about Lhuna and as foremost knight around her arcticstorm. I felt there was something fishy there, but my deductions over the nature of that fishiness were purely false.

Like some others, I thought Mac to be suspicious, but toned it down to survive the Night (one shouldn't suspect too many too heavily to stay alive during Nights)... And I just knew Morm to be evil! Because of his way of playing I chose him as my first dream (Night2) and he turned out to be the werewolf! Sadly I had no chance of telling that to anyone.

And surely I was totally wrong about Farael... I should learn to see through his style of play at last.

This was the second time I played the "seer" and I really loved it, the one Day I had time to play...

Thanks to Diamond for a hectic game, four deaths a Night makes the game quite stressing in a good way - even though I really would have loved to survive the first one...

Durelin and Rikae: brave fight to the end! Sad you didn't make it. It was so near - and at the same time so far.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 04:54 AM   #207
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I want to say thank you to everybody who offensively suspected me during the game. Knowing you're a baddie and defending yourself from just accusations and analyses was the greatest of fun. I was overjoyed when I read that Valier apparently had bought my excuses. And Jenny, believe it or not, I am sad the second part of your analysis never came to be.
Excuses to foremost Valier, Durelin, Farael, Rikae and Kath for trying to mess with their minds. It was part of the job description!
Old 11-05-2006, 05:20 AM   #208
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
This was fun to read, a good idea I must say! Congrats to Mac and Lhuna, you deserve it. Had a good laugh on Valier really being arranger... But then again, I'm now relieved that I came too late to play in this one, not that it was a bad game, no way.
Old 11-05-2006, 06:15 AM   #209
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Being right is small comfort when the end result is still a defeat.

Very well done Mac and Lhuna! And kudos to everyone else still alive on that last Day, it was close.

Fantastic game and narrations Diamond - and what an idea! Four Lover pairs certainly made for an interesting game!
Old 11-05-2006, 08:33 AM   #210
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
That was an absolutely delightful game!! Kudos to everyone around, I don't think there was anyone who didn't perform beautifully.
Old 11-05-2006, 11:54 AM   #211
Fintaeph
Pile O'Bones

Fintaeph has just left Hobbiton.
Hi everyone,

Thanks for making my first WW game an enjoyable one. I had a lot of fun. And congrats to Lhuna and Mac for being so delightfully evil. :-)

Regards,
Fintaeph.
Fintaeph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 12:30 PM   #212
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
So I finaly got to see an evil Lhuna. . . .But of course some one had to kill me before making my mind up about her!

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 01:19 PM   #213
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne
So I finaly got to see an evil Lhuna. . . .But of course some one had to kill me before making my mind up about her!
Due to past rivalries that was rather enjoyable to kill you Rune . Of course, Jenny kept me sane enough, or cautious enough, to not kill Kath. She feared that would be too obvious. Maybe next time.
Old 11-05-2006, 06:13 PM   #214
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Holbytlass has just left Hobbiton.
Honestly, I don't know where I went wrong in the very beginning! There's always someone who posts suspicions based on occupations and leaving Lommy off was a mistake in cutting/pasting, Oh well. Being my 11th game and first time lynched I congratulation Fareal for getting it done.

Being my first lynching, , ours (-my turtledove and I) was brilliant and funny. To my love(last time I get to call you that ), I'm sorry that I took you down with me, this being your first game and all. I really think if you were on your own you would've made it to the end.

Great game all! And great modding Diamond, I look forward to the rest.
Old 11-05-2006, 06:22 PM   #215
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Yes brilliant modding by Di, although I was aiming for a same sex lover part. . . .

I must say I did not suspect you for killing me Mormegil. . .When I found out I had been killed I thougt that it might be Lhuna or Valier. . .not because I found them very suspiciouse, but because I could see why they wanted me dead. I cannot belive I did not think of you. . . It should have been obviouse

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 10:33 PM   #216
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
White-Hand

Kath's death and the final narration are both up.

A big thank you to everyone who signed up, I loved watching you play... when I had the time. Unfortunately I was only able to skim the posts the last couple of days to get the gist of the action and count votes. I've been looking foreward to reading back over everything. I shall make comments on everyone later, for now I've been giving out some rather generic pos reps but I do appreciate everyone who played!

So, a few bits of gameplay info for the curious...

Watcher picks:

Dream: mormegil
Protect: Lommy

Ranger picks:

N2: Durelin
N3: mormegil

You all know the kills already. For a while though on Night 2 I thought Fintaeph was going to go after Lommy. So I had even written up the narration to have the Watcher do battle with the Werebird and prevail (using the Sword of Awesomeness....) before getting knocked off by the Werecat. Changing his mind to pick arcticstorm at the last moment (ten minutes before the deadline...) was a good move, however it forced me to edit out a line about the Werebird needing its lover to soothe its ruffled featheres.

I picked the roles using a deck of playing cards (LotR edition!). I had intended to have a female/female lover combo because of the higher number of females, but when I dealt the cards I ended up with exactly 2 male lovers and weres and 2 female lovers and weres. Morm, Lhuna, Naria and Fintaeph came up as Weres (the Ace, King, Jack and Queen of Hearts) and Mac, Jenny, Holby and arcticstorm came up as Lovers (2 through 5 of Hearts). So I found that kind of ironic and decided to go with opposite pairs after all. I did choose which combos to put together and who got to be which breed of were, but everything else was random. Valier being arRanger was kind of funny. I got a laugh out of that.
Old 11-06-2006, 12:27 AM   #217
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Oh Eru...I cannot believe this! Can someone pinch me just to make sure this isn't a hallucination caused by having a fever of almost 39 degrees C just when the game was ending? (I'm better now, though.)

Wow...I'm still overwhelmed. A big thanks really goes to Mac here. Basically all I did as the Werebear was throw some questions at him, a bit of ideas, then we both come out with our possible list of victims and see if there's a match. That's how Kitanna died Night 2.

But when there are no matches, which was what happened the next Night, I throw away my own ideas and heed his. He proposed Lommy, with Jenny in second place, the third Night. I was about to PM Di about Lommy, but suddenly figured that Lommy's less likely to be a Lover than Jenny (don't know how I came up with that). And so Jenny's death was sealed, along with morm's. That was so delightfully pleasing.

I really didn't want Kath to be killed the last Night, but we wanted Farael to be lynched, and thought we could do it easily, and killing Kath was the best course of action for that. So she died. I'm sorry, dear. At least there was no way I could carry out my really evil plan of betraying you in the nastiest way - like accusing you and Farael of being Lovers.

And I'm so sorry Rikae and Durelin, I can sympathize with the awful feeling of being so close to winning. Ah well, at least you both voted for me. Those were really shtoopid posts I put up the last Day.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 01:58 AM   #218
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I Knew!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I knew Mac was evil! I knew! I knew! I knew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, sorry. At some phase (after my death) I was so intimidated by the possibility that Mac could have been innocent, that I almost ate my socks, though I was still quite certain I was right. ( <--- Lommy-flip-flopping, see...? ) Though I thought Rikae was his lover, not Lhuna, the Queen of Lovers.

More comments to come after I've got over with the fact that I was right. *gloat* *gloat* *gloat*

Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 02:06 AM   #219
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Queen of Lovers, eh? Pity I already have a PT (pun not intended, honest!).
Old 11-06-2006, 07:15 AM   #220
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien
I knew Mac was evil! I knew! I knew! I knew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But I wasn't! I only sympathised with an evil one!
Old 11-06-2006, 12:00 PM   #221
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
But I wasn't! I only sympathised with an evil one!
In lovers' games that is counted...
Old 11-06-2006, 12:02 PM   #222
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
Riding a fine line there, Mac...
Old 11-06-2006, 04:25 PM   #223
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Say, evil-sympathizer, I see you haven't signed up for Jenny's game. Sign up! I'm entitled to an opportunity for revenge.
Old 11-07-2006, 01:28 AM   #224
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Oh come now, people, cut him some slack. We all know what one can do when overpowered by Love.
Old 11-07-2006, 04:01 AM   #225
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
Say, evil-sympathizer, I see you haven't signed up for Jenny's game. Sign up! I'm entitled to an opportunity for revenge.
I think I played six or seven games straight, so I think I'm in need of a break, just to keep the excitement up. Maybe I'll play in Fea's game.

Quote:
No way!

Last edited by Macalaure; 11-07-2006 at 04:35 AM. Reason: typo
Old 11-07-2006, 06:03 AM   #226
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Quote:
No way!
Mac, this is a democracy and you're in the minority, accept it. It does count.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 03:39 PM   #227
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Question

Well I honestly hadn't been keeping up with the game since my demise, but it was interesting whle it lasted.

Anyhow, it seems like I've been getting killed rather early in most games lately. Could I somehow have been cursed like Eomer of the Rohirrim waswhen he used to participate in the game?
Old 11-07-2006, 03:50 PM   #228
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meneltarmacil
Anyhow, it seems like I've been getting killed rather early in most games lately. Could I somehow have been cursed like Eomer of the Rohirrim waswhen he used to participate in the game?
I think the curse you have gotten over you seems to have spread over me too...
Old 11-07-2006, 04:39 PM   #229
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meneltarmacil
I think that's what happens after you've pulled the wool over everyone's eyes and won a game as a wolf Menel, something you & he both have done.
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 04:44 PM   #230
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Naria has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Naria
Thumbs up

Great game everyone.

I must say that this is the first game that even the baddies were scarred at Night....I mean it was real hairy(no pun intended ) knowing that even the other baddies could kill another at Night. Me and my Loverly had our fingers and toes crossed when I sent in my kill that we wouldn't die, but that had no effect at all. Well it kinda did...I had a hard time unlocking my toes after

Mac and Lhuna, hat's off to you both!! Mac you were so cool and collected that I had no idea that you were bad and Lhuna, well...you didn't pull out your "Lhuna-tic-ness" so I thought you were innocent.

And lastely, sorry Noggy...again. I had a sneaking suspicion that you were something and had to find out what it was.
Old 11-07-2006, 04:51 PM   #231
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Thank you, Naria.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Only Real Estel
I think that's what happens after you've pulled the wool over everyone's eyes and won a game as a wolf Menel, something you & he both have done.
Seems like it doesn't look well for me.