The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2015, 09:52 PM   #161
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Who is left to vote? You, me and Sally?

I'm getting worried one of you is a wolf waiting to see how I vote so you can climb on to it...
Old 09-24-2015, 09:52 PM   #162
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Sally seems to have disappeared, anyway.
Old 09-24-2015, 09:54 PM   #163
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Well, if Sally's determined to vote for me, the only options now are people who already have a vote, anyway.
See, the problem is there's no point in voting for someone if no one else does, especially at this stage, and we can't afford to waste votes.

Again, I don't feel comfortable voting Legate, which leaves Lommy or introducing a new candidate. I can't make up my mind on Lommy, which I guess is never a good sign.

x'd with some Nerwens

P.S. I give up, Moddwen.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 09:57 PM   #164
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Who is left to vote? You, me and Sally?

I'm getting worried one of you is a wolf waiting to see how I vote so you can climb on to it...
If I were a wolf, I'd have voted for Eomer yesterDay rather than tie it all up. I may play coy sometimes, but I'm not that thick.
Old 09-24-2015, 09:58 PM   #165
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
If I were a wolf, I'd have voted for Eomer yesterDay rather than tie it all up. I may play coy sometimes, but I'm not that thick.
Sometimes wolves gamble- but yes, it's a point in your favour, and I don't quite get why peopke seem to be ignoring it toDay.
Old 09-24-2015, 09:59 PM   #166
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

You'll notice I'm completely ignoring the fact that Nerwen could be a wolf. I'm hoping this is not a mistake.

Nerwen, if you'd like me to vote first, I can do that. As long as, you know, it's not voting for me. The only innocence I can be entirely sure of is my own.
Old 09-24-2015, 10:00 PM   #167
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Don't trust Sally.

++Legate
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 10:00 PM   #168
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

++Lommy

I guess?

x'd since my last
Old 09-24-2015, 10:01 PM   #169
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nah, I'll vote

++Lommy

Not even close to being sure about this, though...

Edit: x'd with Sally and Rikae.
Old 09-24-2015, 10:01 PM   #170
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Don't trust Sally.

++Legate
So if I'm not to be trusted, why didn't you vote me and (I think) tie it up?

x'd with Nerwen
Old 09-24-2015, 10:01 PM   #171
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.

If you'd done that two seconds earlier, Sally, I would have joined you.
Old 09-24-2015, 10:03 PM   #172
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
So if I'm not to be trusted, why didn't you vote me and (I think) tie it up?

x'd with Nerwen
I didn't trust you to not to vote for me pointlessly. Doesn't mean you're a wolf.
Old 09-24-2015, 10:03 PM   #173
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Not even close to being sure about this, though...
Somewhat of a ditto, but I think it's our best option at the moment.
Old 09-24-2015, 10:04 PM   #174
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Voting is closed. I count a tie between lommy & legate, a die will be rolled shortly.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 10:05 PM   #175
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Moddess, does my vote count? I posted before DL but then it took ages to go through.
Old 09-24-2015, 10:13 PM   #176
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Yes i posted it late i will count it nerwen also mobile sucks

The deadly die was thrown and the odds had fallen against Legate.

Because his body was so pickled he didn't bleed much when they stabbed him, but those few seconds he wasn't able to drink pushed him into a fatal withdrawal from which he never recovered. They waited for anything funny to happen but nothing did. His metabolic processes are now history. He's off the twig. He's shuffled off his mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible! THIS ISh, but those few seconds he wasn't able to drink pushed him into a fatal withdrawal from which he never recovered. His metabolic processes are now history. He's off the twig. He's shuffled off his mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible! THIS IS AN EX-LEGATE!

There was a short round of confused screaming, somebody suggested nailing him to the bar, but in the end they buried him under the pile of mushrooms.

Dead:

Oddwen,
Inziladun, WEREWOLF
aganzir, VILLAGER
Eomer of the Rohirrim, VILLAGER
Shasta, VILLAGER
Legate, VILLAGER

Living:

A Little Green
Thinlomien
satanisaloser2005
Kath
Rikae
Nerwen

It is now Night.

Old 09-25-2015, 10:00 PM   #177
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Yet another day dawned. How many had there been, millions? Well, probably in the grand scheme of things, yes. It seemed like it that week though. They wondered why the Wolves didn't kill all of them in their beds and be done with it. Then they smelled it. An enchanting aroma - decadent, savory - Had Nerwen found her elusive dream recipe at last?

Nope. I doubt she dreamed of cannibalizing herself. Well, I mean, the realm of dreams is strange and varied and I can't say for certain she hadn't. Many there would dream of that scene for the rest of their lives, for instance.

"Son of a bisque!" they cried.

Things were getting very close...

------------------

Dead:

Oddwen - A Visitor, beheaded and hidden under mushrooms.
Inziladun - Town Layabout, fenris'd on Day one, Werewolf
aganzir - The Butcher, dismembered on Night two, Villager
Eomer of the Rohirrim - Tavern-keep, stabbed on Day two, Villager
Shasta - A Baker of Bread (and only Bread), be-breadedon Night three, Villager
Legate of Amon Lanc -Town Drunk, was teetotalled on Day three, Villager
Nerwen - A Soup Artist who is Souper at their job, in hot water on Night four, Villager

Living:

A Little Green - Mad Gardener and Cat/Goat Lady
Thinlomien-
The Housewife
satanisaloser2005 -
Town Bard
Kath - A Farmer, trying their hand at a new potentially lucrative crop: mushrooms!
Rikae -
A Candlestick Maker (but not a maker of candles)

It is now Day four. Wolves stop PMing.

Old 09-26-2015, 06:05 AM   #178
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

1420!

Okay, so we officially know it wasn't me. Were I a wolf in this situation, I would have killed Rikae, both for the sake of confusion and because then the Night kills would have been the butcher, the baker, and the candlestick maker.
Old 09-26-2015, 11:13 AM   #179
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
If we lynch an ordo toDay, we lose.

Off to reread, back soon.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 02:11 PM   #180
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
OK dearies I did some reading, and here's what I've got on all of you. Sorry for the messy formatting!

Day 1

Rikae: optimism (looking forwards to a game based on reasoning rather than gifteds)
as opposed to
Lommy: pessimism (true to her style - though she seemed very aware of this and even made it out that she is supposed to be pessimistic about the game so she will)
Kath → Eomer, a random vote
Lommy: list where no one is suspicious, contemplates voting Inzil because he's always a wolf (!!! if they were wolves together this is hilarious)
Lommy: now contemplates voting Nerwen because she won't vote anyway
Lommy → Legate for sounding like a parody of himself, suggesting keeping the lynch options limited to a few
Rikae: thinks Legate seems more ”pretending to be helpful” and ”making a show of thinking like an innocent” than Inzil
Sally: IC post, crickets
Rikae & Sally: no vote

Note. Both Lommy and Rikae could be seen as trying to direct attention/suspicion away from Inzil; both Lommy's vote and Rikae's comment about pretending to be helpful came at a time when Inzil was beginning to gain votes. Meanwhile, Kath and Sally were not around so can't read anything into their reactions to the Inzil lynch.

Day 2

Lommy: reactions to the kill and the lynch:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
3) Agan? So the time we don't argue she dies early? Unfair. I can't think of much except that she voted Inzil if I recall correctly.

4) speaking of Inzil, good riddance. I am really happy you late-night crowd followed my suggestion to vote well.
(Something here looks forced. Sad the wolves killed someone, happy the village lynched a wolf?)
Rikae: explains no-vote (would have voted Legate), now thinks Legate is more likely innocent, says my vote looks more like wolf-on-wolf, and Eomer's safe vote bugged her.
Sally: explains no-vote, reacts to the Agan kill: ”rude and uncalled for”, before they had time to fight (very close to what Lommy had to say about it)
Rikae: commenting on other people's stuff, criticising Sally, elaborating on why my vote for Inzil looks like wolf-on-wolf and why Eomer's vote was safe
Rikae: latches onto Legate's pointing out of a ”wolf slip” by Eomer
Lommy: says Sally washed her hands of the mess by not voting, then speculates on whether a wolf would still have cast a throwaway vote; answers Rikae and Nerwen about her suspicion of Legate and underlines again how she was shooting in the dark really; makes a list: Sally is fishy, if Kath is a wolf she'll sail right past us, Rikae seems helpful but was too quick to jump on Eomer's supposed slip. Legate is more likely innocent.
Rikae: spat with Eomer, suspects him for jumpiness and defensiveness
Rikae → Eomer
Lommy → Sally (has not contributed much, all contributions eyebrow-raising)
Sally: further explains the no-vote
Kath: criticises Sally, says the no-vote was possibly too cowardly for a wolf as it brings attention to her the next Day, comments on the Inzil lynch and the Agan kill:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
As to Inzil, that was an interesting bandwagon. Greenie then Agan then Legate if my reading is right. Now Inzil was bothered by Greenie's vote, saying it felt dodgy. But when push came to shove at the end he switched to saying Legate's vote was worst and attention should be focused that way. Possibly an early wolf on wolf from Greenie to Inzil, and when it took hold Inzil trying to pish suspicion onto Legate to clear Greenie? But really that seems unnecessarily complicated for Day 1!

Agan had a few suspcions yesterDay but really nothing very strong. She voted Inzil and mentioned sally, Rikae and Kath besides but at varying degrees of maybeness and metaness. Killed because there's another wolf in the list? Or because there isn't but the wolves want us to focus on all her stuff when there's nothing more there? I guess we lynch sally, Rikae and me and we have our answer!
(Rikae already pointed out the first part doesn't make sense. As for the second part - considering the situation we're in now, that doesn't sound like such a bad plan. Seriously though, there's something eerie about that passage.)
Kath: thinks the Eomer-Rikae spat is fun
Kath → Sally (for taking an easy out)
Sally: list, thinks Lommy and I are more likely innocent (Lommy for genuine frustration, me for voting Legate instead of her), has no read on Kath, and thinks Rikae is suspicious for pressing Eomer harder than is necessary
Sally → Rikae

Day 3

Rikae: explains her Eomer vote, is confused by Sally but thinks she's more innocentishly weird than wolf-weird, thinks Lommy is creepy and I'm reasonable, has no read on Kath
Lommy: feels Eomer was an easy lynch; now suspects Legate again for being non-committal and for downplaying Shasta's suspicions of him
Lommy: makes a list: Sally and Legate are suspicious, Rikae and me creepy (Rikae for being trigger-happy and me for doing things that would be strategically convenient for a wolf), Kath a happy ordo
Lommy → Sally, less mixed feelings than about Legate
Kath → Legate, says she's ”jumping on a bandwagon with Greenie”, followed by:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
I will say that I was reluctant to argue myself out of having suspicion of either Inzil.voter yesterDay. The logic seemed sound but my gut feels either Greenie or Legate could easily be nasty wolvses throwing a fellow wolf out there to make themselves look good. I still feel sally is suspicious. The vote avoidance was just odd and any defences she has tried to put forth haven't really helped.
(This is possibly the single oddest post in the entire game. She puts Legate and me on an even footing as possible "nasty wolves", then openly follows my lead in voting Legate, and in the next breath, says Sally is suspicious, actually on much clearer terms than what she said about Legate or me. ???)
Sally: is taken aback by Rikae no longer suspecting her (did she ever?) and answers my doubts about the soundness of suspecting someone for being part of a spat:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
But in a village this small, the odds are fairly high that any given spat would involve a wolf; after all, over a quarter of our number were wolves. More to the point, I've seen Rikae get in numerous arguments before, and this is the way a wolf Rikae often acts. (A bit more on this shortly.)
(This doesn't make sense, either; if Eomer and Rikae's spat was suspicious simply because according to the odds there's likely to be a wolf in any pair of players, you're de facto suspecting them for being in the game, not for having a spat.)
Rikae: summarises Days 1 and 2, conclusions: Lommy and I are fishy, Kath is a possibility though there isn't much to go on, finds Sally normal, including ”the single-minded persecution” of herself
Rikae: asks if anyone would be up for voting Lommy or me
Sally: long post elaborating why Rikae is suspicious, mainly for being inconsistent (again not making sense; inconsistency in itself isn't suspicious, especially if circumstances change. She also seems to have mixed up Rikae's criticism of her as suspicion, and then accuses Rikae of being inconsistent when she doesn't suspect her)
Rikae: defends herself from Sally's accusations
Rikae: analyses Legate and Shasta's connections and my and Lommy's interpretations of them
Rikae, Sally and Nerwen: mutual distrust, no one wants to vote first, negotiation
Sally: ”if I was a wolf I would have voted Eomer” (quite possibly true, but an odd comment for an innocent")
Rikae → Legate ”don't trust Sally”
Sally → Lommy (cross with Rikae)
Rikae: would also have voted Lommy if Sally had voted earlier

...and that's it! To sum up - Sally is acting odd and I'd really suspect her, but on reading the thread again, I don't find a single possible fellow for her! Kath's vote for her on Day 2 would have been bold to the point of foolishness after Inzil was lynched on Day 1. The same goes for Lommy, and also the identical reactions to the Agan kill speak against those two being fellows. I'd say Rikae was the most likely candidate with her relative certainty of Sally's innocence despite Sally's continued attacks on her. However, I sincerely doubt that a Sallywolf would have taken such pains to make such a single-minded case against a fellow wolf. So - I'm leaning towards thinking Sally is innocent, just by elimination.

Possible duos.

Rikae and Kath - don't really interact much.
Lommy and Kath - also don't interact much except for Lommy putting Kath alone in her "innocent fluffy bunnies" list or whatever it was.
Rikae and Lommy - possible, but quite unlikely; they both tried to turn attention from Inzil to Legate on Day 1, and I don't think they would both have done it if they were fellows.

...which leaves me to conclude that Kath is the most likely wolf of the bunch!
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
Old 09-26-2015, 02:13 PM   #181
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Need sleep, I have an insanely early call tomorrow.

++Kath

Best I've got. Choose well (and do turn up please, it's lonely here).
Old 09-26-2015, 02:46 PM   #182
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I am here, but I can only play on my phone and I'm super occupied too. (On a summer cottage with friends.) I want to apologize again for my crappy participation in this game!

And if Greenie and Kath are both innocent the village just lost the game.

So, better hope it's Sally and Rikae then.

So wait, actually that means I should vote one of them because nothing else matters anyway at this point??

I am getting headache. I'd also like to reread. And analyze. But I'm a little short on time.

So I'll be just lurking here for a time, hoping someone appears and solves my dilemma for me or that I have more time to post. Where is everyone anyway?
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 03:23 PM   #183
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
I know I have been little help in this game, but I will say that I am innocent. Killing me will lose it for the village. I will be around more in a bit.
Old 09-26-2015, 03:25 PM   #184
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Well, no wolf has jumped on Greenie's vote yet, so I'm going to tentatively assume one out of she & Kath is a wolf. If not, no point in any of this anyhow.

I'm still leaning strongly toward Lommy being a wolf, especially since Nerwen was the night kill. If I recall correctly, Lommy & Greenie as packmates didn't make sense... I'm going to have to go look over everything too, but it's going to have to be later. I'm making dinner right now.

EDIT: X'd with Kath.
Old 09-26-2015, 04:11 PM   #185
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Well, no more werewolf for me today.

And Greenie decided the outcome already, didn't she?

++Kath
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 04:16 PM   #186
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Hello! Sorry. I had an extreme technical difficulty with my main laptop. I'm here again.

EDIT: x'd with Lommy
Old 09-26-2015, 04:31 PM   #187
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Right, vote tallies:

Day 1:
Kath --> Eomer
Greenie --> Inzil
Lommy --> Legate
Agan --> Inzil
Legate --> Inzil
Inzil --> Legate
Eomer --> Kath
No vote: sally, Shasta, Rikae, Nerwen
Inzil lynched, Agan Night killed.

Day 2:
Greenie --> Legate
Rikae --> Eomer
Lommy --> sally
Kath --> sally
Legate --> Eomer
Eomer --> Rikae
sally --> Rikae
Nerwen --> Eomer
Shasta --> Legate
Eomer lynched, Shasta Night killed

Day 3:
Greenie --> Legate
Lommy --> sally
Kath --> Legate
Legate --> Lommy
Rikae --> Legate
sally --> Lommy
Nerwen --> Lommy
Legate lynched, Nerwen Night killed
Old 09-26-2015, 04:34 PM   #188
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Aw, and I was looking forward to toying with them all day.

++Kath
Old 09-26-2015, 04:34 PM   #189
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Bloody....well, us, I guess.
Old 09-26-2015, 04:36 PM   #190
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

What the ...? I'm kind of being forced to assume Lommy is definitely a wolf for that vote. Am I very wrong here? I mean, with Lommy, sally, Greenie, Rikae and me that makes 5 people. How does Greenie voting me 'decide the outcome'? I have two votes now (thanks Lommy) but there are three to come. We can still get a wolf.
Old 09-26-2015, 04:37 PM   #191
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Ohhhh I see. Well now we can't then.
Old 09-26-2015, 04:37 PM   #192
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

++Rikae

For posterity.

My lack of money is on Lommy as the other wolf. I suspected it yesterDay right after Rikae's vote, but didn't have time to say anything.
Old 09-26-2015, 04:37 PM   #193
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Hey sally, fancy voting me as well? And I'll self-vote? We can go out in a blaze of glory!
Old 09-26-2015, 04:38 PM   #194
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

++Phantom for representative (with full temporary voting rights)
Old 09-26-2015, 04:38 PM   #195
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Awwww boo sally!
Old 09-26-2015, 04:38 PM   #196
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
Hey sally, fancy voting me as well? And I'll self-vote? We can go out in a blaze of glory!
Oh no, I'm sorry, love!
Old 09-26-2015, 04:39 PM   #197
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Pfft I'm doing it anyway.

++KATH
Old 09-26-2015, 04:40 PM   #198
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Moddwen! Moddwen! Come take me away from this evil place.
Old 09-26-2015, 04:40 PM   #199
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
Pfft I'm doing it anyway.

++KATH
I'll be a lone wolf and, more accurately, vote for one.
Old 09-26-2015, 05:05 PM   #200
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
++Rikae

For posterity.

My lack of money is on Lommy as the other wolf. I suspected it yesterDay right after Rikae's vote, but didn't have time to say anything.
Well, if she wasn't, this would look pretty strange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
And Greenie decided the outcome already, didn't she?

Tags
werewolf, werewolf game