The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2008, 05:32 PM   #1161
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Tonight I had a dream I could report here. I was going on a trip somewhere and I had to catch the train. But the train was leaving and I had to hurry. With me, there was Gil/McCaber/The Might in one person, who chose to take a shortcut and run across the railway to get to the train. I followed him. Then he turned into Rune with enormous rucksack (sorry, Rune. I don't know, but that's really worth psychological analysis: in my dreams, you either are shopping, or carry an enormous rucksack. Or both.) and he was shouting on me to hurry, as a train may arrive and it will run over me if I stand on the rail, of course. But, as it goes in the dreams, I could not move very fast. I could not even coordinate my movements well. I was moving just by milimeters, really. And so of course there was the train, but the driver spotted me and stopped, yet I, of course, was still moving horribly slowly there and blocking the train's way. The driver started to be quite upset, the people in the train and around are becoming upset... but suddenly Esty appeared with a solution. She took a throwing dagger and threw it at me. Her conclusion was simple: she was convinced that the person on the rail is not really me. She concluded that it is an unreal clone of myself, which will disappear as soon as it is hit. Well, she wasn't right, of course. Anyway, I woke up after that.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 05:40 PM   #1162
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
I think it is lovely how you in your dreams know what is the logic behind everybodys actions. . .anyways I do have a big rucksack.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 07:52 PM   #1163
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Quote:
Originally Posted by lommy
six lions sleeping around a fountain on a town square
I dunno why, but I find that image rather beautiful and I'm not especially fond or repulsed by lions either way. I'm glad you didn't kill the lions.

I also don't mind being killed by Agan. I imagine it was probably very clever and downright hilarious. Just the way I want to go.

... Though, do I have to be killed randomly with Sleepy? Ugh, how original...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
you either are shopping, or carry an enormous rucksack. Or both

Interesting. He's always trying to sell me something in my dreams, and it's usually the oddest bunch of objects.

~ Thoughtful Ka
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 01:29 PM   #1164
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE Ka View Post
I also don't mind being killed by Agan. I imagine it was probably very clever and downright hilarious. Just the way I want to go.

... Though, do I have to be killed randomly with Sleepy? Ugh, how original...
Oh, that's nice to hear. I will keep it in mind, in case we will meet each other some day.
And to be killed randomly with Sleepy? Nay, I'm rather sure it was intentional indeed.

I had a dream I found an old Disney cartoon which had an 18 certificate in a local DVD rental store. Its name was HerenIstarion, and all that I could find out of it was that it began with a scene of a young girl committing suicide at her friend's birthday party. I would have wanted to rent it, but I didn't have much money and thought I wouldn't have time to watch it, anyway.
Old 03-23-2008, 06:35 PM   #1165
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Oh, that's nice to hear. I will keep it in mind, in case we will meet each other some day.
And to be killed randomly with Sleepy? Nay, I'm rather sure it was intentional indeed.

Lovely!

It'll sort of be like Master and Margarita, minus the dual story.

Intentional? Arrrgh... I was hoping that I'd go out alone and with style, to leave everything to my numerous animal friends. Maybe some to my human friends, just to keep them happy.

Oh well, you're plan, my stage.

~ Musing Ka
Old 03-25-2008, 03:08 PM   #1166
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Last night I had a dream in which I was studying magic at some magic academy. I was a hopelessly poor student and my only comfort was that THE Ka - my best friend in the school - was almost as poor as I was. We really could do no magic at all.

*blames watching a Harry Potter -movie*
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 03:12 PM   #1167
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
*blames watching a Harry Potter -movie*
That's exactly what I was going to say.
Old 03-29-2008, 06:32 AM   #1168
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
The night before last night I dreamed that I, Greenie and our mother were travelling in Canada. We were in a hotel and the paintings on the hotel walls had been painted by an artist who shared his last name with Farael. The designer of the radiators had the same last name as well. Fortunately, I had Farael's phone number and SMSed him, asking if he was related to these people and if he'd like to meet me now that I was in Canada.
And in some weird way this was all related to Queen Elizabeth of England teaching me proper manners, me taking a train to some odd little town and getting attacked by ninjas. Also, THE Ka and Legate were somehow related to some of this but I have no idea to what and how.
Old 03-29-2008, 07:04 AM   #1169
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Just letting everybody know that I after a long break had a BD dream again. . .unfortunately I can only remember unrelated bits. Mostly it had to do with the current ww game.

Old 03-29-2008, 07:43 AM   #1170
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Just checked out this thread for the first time. What interesting subconscious minds some of us have! Especially Legate and Lommy. (Eight-legged tortoises? )

And I'm afraid to disappoint you all, but so far I don't recall having had any dreams about any of you, at least none I remember clearly. I hardly ever remember my dreams -though when I do they're quite vivid, so watch this space.
Old 03-29-2008, 07:52 AM   #1171
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Ohhh I just remembered something about my dream.

It was Legate that by mistake would reveal the identety of some of us, what was weird was that everytime I looked at the post where he did so; the name would change. At first it was people in the actual game and then latter Legate would reveal the identity of people like Bob Dole.

Old 03-29-2008, 08:13 AM   #1172
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Just checked out this thread for the first time. What interesting subconscious minds some of us have! Especially Legate and Lommy. (Eight-legged tortoises?)
Yes, interesting is rather a good way of describing the nature of these subconscious minds...

The same could be said about Rune's dream, however, though probably not to the same extent

Quote:
And in some weird way this was all related to Queen Elizabeth of England teaching me proper manners, me taking a train to some odd little town and getting attacked by ninjas. Also, THE Ka and Legate were somehow related to some of this but I have no idea to what and how.
Oooh, but I see! Queen Elizabeth and ninjas? The only missing person there was king Carl Gustav...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 03-29-2008, 08:19 AM   #1173
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Oooh, but I see! Queen Elizabeth and ninjas? The only missing person there was king Carl Gustav...
I don't get it. . .which Karl Gustav are you talking about?
The current one?

Old 03-29-2008, 08:38 AM   #1174
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
I must say I'm rather hurt by this:

Quote:
I had a dream that there was a presidental election at the Downs, and in the end there were three possible candidates: Nerwen, Aganzir and Lommy. When thinking about my vote, I presumed that Nerwen is not going to get enough support from others, so voting her would have been a waste of vote..
I'll have you know that I was unanimously elected to the Student Council when I was in high school!
Old 03-29-2008, 08:53 AM   #1175
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
The current one?
The current one, hm, but I'd actually have to elaborate more, so forget it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
I must say I'm rather hurt by this:

I'll have you know that I was unanimously elected to the Student Council when I was in high school!
Well I might have supported you, but it was obvious you are not going to get enough votes - don't blame me, blame the others!

Besides, you can't get everything, right?
Old 03-29-2008, 09:06 AM   #1176
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
a train to some odd little town and getting attacked by ninjas. Also, THE Ka and Legate were somehow related to some of this but I have no idea to what and how.
Oops, terribly sorry about the ninjas.

~ Ka
Old 03-29-2008, 09:11 AM   #1177
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Quote:
Well I might have supported you, but it was obvious you are not going to get enough votes - don't blame me, blame the others!

Besides, you can't get everything, right?
Plus it wouldn't matter anyway as The Phantom would no doubt coup the whole thing sooner or later.

Old 03-29-2008, 10:11 AM   #1178
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Plus it wouldn't matter anyway as The Phantom would no doubt coup the whole thing sooner or later.
Now this is something I did not get so we are even
Old 03-29-2008, 02:33 PM   #1179
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
The current one?
Or indeed which Queen Elizabeth of England ... technically that would be Gloriana not the present one who is:
Elizabeth the Second, by the Grace of God, of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and of Her other Realms and Territories Queen, Head of the Commonwealth, Defender of the Faith
She is separately and equally and for the time being Queen of sixteen other Commonwealth countries...

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 11:02 AM   #1180
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Today, when I returned from my Swedish exam I was dead tired and decided to take a nap. I had a couple of very life-like dreams (and actually managed to make Greenie laugh when I woke up by asking her did she have good time in her walk for she only went for a walk in my dream...) and one of them was BD-related. In it, HerenIstarion had passed me in rep points and was the first one to receive second green block... And they say dreams reflect your deepest fears...
Old 04-04-2008, 11:17 AM   #1181
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
That would be history repeating maybe.... HI was top for a while first time round....or near .. Fordim and Davem got a bit competitive unless I remember wrong..

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 11:35 AM   #1182
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
In it, HerenIstarion had passed me in rep points and was the first one to receive second green block... And they say dreams reflect your deepest fears...
Actually this may be a long-time-ago-going "flashback" of reality... I recall once Thenamir, or who was it, suddenly appeared on the top of the reputation ladder, having two green blocks. Maybe it was a real shock and frustration back then, Lommy...?
Old 04-08-2008, 02:41 PM   #1183
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
The other night I had my first BD dream in what's been a long time...

I had written somewhere online, that I won't be on the BD for some time because I've been way too busy lately (which is actually true...no need to state that as I'm sure some have noticed my recent lack in activity). And then someone else (I think it was Greenie), wrote that she needed to take a break from the Downs too. In response, Lommy wrote an LJ post saying something like this: "Since things have been quite busy around here, I've decided to follow Brinn and Green's initiative and take a break from the Downs. I may not return online for a few months. But before I go, let me post several pictures of me and Noggie." And underneath her writing were several thumbnails of photos, both recent and old. I clicked to enlarge the first one and discovered it was not of Lommy or Nogrod, but of Lommy's mother. And underneath the photo was a newspaper article about how her mother was killed in a car accident when Lommy was just a baby. Infant Lommy was thrown from the car, but somehow survived. It was such a sad article, I started to tear up. I never actually finished reading it because in the middle I woke up and realised I overslept...

Yeah...I never said it was a happy BD dream... :/
Old 04-09-2008, 01:36 PM   #1184
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Oh, that's quite horrible, Brinn... I'm glad it isn't true and has no chance of becoming so. And this is rather troubling - I have sad dreams about you and you about me...

I had a dram that involved Noggie and spawn planning a party, but that's all I remember...
Old 04-12-2008, 03:46 PM   #1185
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

The other night I had an odd dream.

For reasons best known to the government I was at Oxonmoot and yet reluctant to go in. I seemed to think that the Watcher in the Water was there. Anyway, I eventually went in only to discover a large crowd had gathered outside. Rune and Lommy were there and laughing at something. It turned out Davem was on the roof and refused to come down. Lalwende was trying to entice him down by burning his wallet, but he was hugging the chimney and saying he'd stay there forever...

Yes...

I don't know if he ever got down because I decided I was bored with waiting for him to come down and it was suddenly night time for no reason. Oddwen appeared out of nowhere and asked to use my mobile phone, it was then I realised I didn't have it, nor did I have my wallet. I asked Lal if she'd seen it and she said she'd burned it by accident.

Then something different happened that was unrelated...
Old 04-14-2008, 09:25 AM   #1186
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I had a dream last night. With Barrow-Downers in it.

I dreamed that I went Abroad to visit Downers, with the knowledge that Diamond18 was in the region too. I made my way unannounced to Rune's house, where his (possibly abusive?) parents were less than happy to see me. I was puzzled to see that his father was Nogrod, and even more puzzled to see one of my RL friends and a group of her manga-nerd posse show up and cry "Let's form a Fellowship of our own!". After Noggie kept trying to get me into his recording studio, I fled to Volo's house where I met Diamond, and we had a nice quiet evening.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 09:38 AM   #1187
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Lots of Questions for Nogrod

I cannot help to wonder what my parrents where doing at my house, it is not like I have them over very often. Maybe Nogrod can explain, both why he was at my house and why he is abusive. (and why he has never told me he was my father)

Old 04-14-2008, 10:09 AM   #1188
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Nogrod: I am your father!
Rune: Noooooooo! Wait, haven't I heard this before?
Nogrod: Wait.. I'll rumage through what I did here... Maybe that will explain it.
Old 04-14-2008, 12:41 PM   #1189
MaultheStoor
Animated Skeleton

Location: The cave under the Misty Mountains. Just take a wrong turn in the goblin's tunnels.
MaultheStoor is still gossiping in the Green Dragon.
Lord Smeagol? Gollum the Great? THE Gollum!

We're tempted to pull out the whole, "I had a lovely dream last night. There was this huge barrel of pipe-weed, and we smoked all of it, and THEN...you were sick." little speech thing, but we won't. Or did we? Gahhh!

See? You made him mad.
MaultheStoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 02:21 PM   #1190
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Wow, Hookbill. Wow.

I especially like the bit about Davem's wallet.
Old 04-14-2008, 04:18 PM   #1191
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

For reasons not known to me I managed to overlook the good mr. hookbill's post and for that I am sorry.

However I am happy that I am starting to appear in peoples dreams again, for me it is almost the same as getting a rep.

Old 04-14-2008, 07:58 PM   #1192
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
However I am happy that I am starting to appear in peoples dreams again, for me it is almost the same as getting a rep.
Better - for the reputation system can be reset, but being the man/woman of someone's dreams is forever.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 07:00 PM   #1193
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
I never thought I would have a BD dream again.

I was with the Finnish Downers (dancing spawn not included, sadly), and all I remember was that there was a lot of drinking (though I passed up on that) and silly dancing in front of a mirror.

I'm not sure Nogrod was there, though. But he sent me a PM/note/whatever from of written correspondence it was telling me about his work, among others which I can no longer remember.

This must be a reflection of how frustrated I am that I'm too far away to meet a Downer.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 01:51 PM   #1194
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Well, I had a rather silly dream last weekend. It seems like poor Legate has stuck on having the role of a jerk in my dreams... Anyway, this is quite funny:

Legate sent Agan and me a collection of Finnish folk tales. We thought it was very sweet of him, he had also written a very nice dedication to the first page. We started leafing through the book. It was full of Legate's own notes written to the mariginals with a ballpoint pen. About half of them were intelligent comments on the stories, their intertextuality and structure etc. But half of them were very idiotic jokes and insulting comments of this and that.
"Are you sure Legate has really written these things?" I asked Agan.
"Well, it's all in the same handwriting, so he must have," she replied.
"I can't believe he's really like that!"
"It seems quite surprising, yes, but it seems he is."
We were about to close the book, when we saw what Legate had written on the last page: "Wow! I just realised that the words 'alegre' and 'allegory'* resemble each other a lot. This proves that God exists and that He loves us! Hallelujah!"

*apparently, "allegory" was a religious term in the dream

My apologies, I really don't understand how my subconscious works...
Old 04-21-2008, 02:00 PM   #1195
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Well, at least it had a happy ending.
Old 04-21-2008, 02:16 PM   #1196
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

You know what, Lommy, you are crazy, or at least your subconscious is, but I like it nonetheless

Although you probably are afraid that I have some hidden dark traits which you are unaware of, or so it could be interpretated, I'd think
Old 04-21-2008, 02:46 PM   #1197
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
That's very interesting, half the time I always imagine him as a scholar pooring over mountains of books in the candle light in a dimly lit room. I guess I'm not the only one who thinks that.

Anyhow, it's a very funny dream Thinlomien. I can't wait to see what else you dream up!
Old 04-22-2008, 05:01 AM   #1198
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin Redbeard View Post
That's very interesting, half the time I always imagine him as a scholar pooring over mountains of books in the candle light in a dimly lit room. I guess I'm not the only one who thinks that.
Hey! No way!

I have electric light!
Old 04-22-2008, 01:42 PM   #1199
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Although you probably are afraid that I have some hidden dark traits
Do you?
Or will you fight to get an extra rep box to be one ahead of Lommy?

We may never know the answers to these questions. Tune in next week to find out more *Theme tune*

Last edited by Eönwë; 04-22-2008 at 01:46 PM.
Eönwë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 09:57 PM   #1200
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
"Wow! I just realised that the words 'alegre' and 'allegory'* resemble each other a lot. This proves that God exists and that He loves us! Hallelujah!"
This is almost quote-worthy enough to be placed in a siggie.

But why can I, somehow, imagine Legate saying this?
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote