The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2002, 08:03 PM   #1
Himalata

Question If one of the hobbits came to your door what would you do?

Like I said what would you do?
Old 07-20-2002, 08:12 PM   #2
Arathiriel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arathiriel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arathiriel
Tolkien

First of all, my jaw would drop to the ground...

Second of all, if this Hobbit happened to be either Frodo or Sam (especially Sam) I'd probably give them a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

If this Hobbit happened to be Merry, Pippin, or Bilbo I'd probably just give them a hug. And of course I'd invite them into my house, no matter WHICH Hobbit it happens to be!

[img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-20-2002, 08:21 PM   #3
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Samwise has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Samwise
Sting

Quote:
First of all, my jaw would drop to the ground...
Second of all, if this Hobbit happened to be either Frodo or Sam (especially Sam) I'd probably give them a hug and a kiss on the cheek.
LOL! Me, too. I would also apologize for the poor shape of my garden and ask for tips. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Quote:
"Begging your pardon," said Sam, "I don't think you understand my master at all, "
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Samwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2002, 08:42 PM   #4
Bulelainwen
Animated Skeleton

Bulelainwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Bulelainwen
Tolkien

I would start screaming then jump up and i would be breathing really fast and then i would probably past out
Bulelainwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2002, 08:43 PM   #5
Rosseiliantiel
Wight

Rosseiliantiel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I would scream and run around, because it would be veeeeeeeeery scary. Other then that, i'd say "Hullo [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]" and ask them in for tea.
Old 07-20-2002, 09:12 PM   #6
The Fifth
Shade of Carn Dûm

The Fifth has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to The Fifth Send a message via AIM to The Fifth
Sting

I would dress up in black robes and open the door. Then the hobbits will run away. Then I will run after them and yell, "WAIT! YOU FORGOT YOUR PIPE!"
- Ringwraith #5,
Servant of the Eye
The Fifth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2002, 09:52 PM   #7
Morquesse
Wight

Morquesse has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

LOL, The fifth! That was funny! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
What would I do? I have no idea, I'm pretty unpredicable. Probably jump up and down happily, or end up feeling weird like I do when I'm excited.
~M
Old 07-20-2002, 09:56 PM   #8
Kettle of fish
Wight

Kettle of fish has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

I'd ask them if they wanted dinner and invite them in.

Then I'd start pinching myself very hard to see if I was dreaming.
Old 07-20-2002, 09:58 PM   #9
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

I would probably be speechless except for a few squeaks here and there. But of course I would let them in, then invite all my friends over to see him and to make sure I'm not dreaming.
Old 07-20-2002, 10:01 PM   #10
Lady_Galadriel
Wight

Lady_Galadriel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Lady_Galadriel
The Eye

I'd probably jump up and down screaming, then end up falling down. Then I'd most likely hit my head and end up with a concusion and not get to say anything to the hobbits at all. Then they would just go somewhere else and find someone that can stand up perfectly normal and talk to them... sadly, instead of me....
Boy, that was depressing....
Old 07-20-2002, 10:51 PM   #11
ElfEarz
Animated Skeleton

ElfEarz has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

oh my gosh i dont know what i'd do prolly stand in shock for a moment then grab the hobbit and squeezle it cuz their soooooo adorable and i like to squeezle things [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-20-2002, 11:15 PM   #12
Taryávëwen

Tolkien

Do you mean one of the actors or an actuall hobbit? Because if it was Elijah Wood I would probably faint dead away. Or I would just stand there looking dumb.
Old 07-20-2002, 11:23 PM   #13
Kaze
Haunting Spirit

Kaze has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

If a hobbit came to the door? I'd probably stand there blinking for a couple minutes, then ask them to come inside... then probably offer tea...whatever kind of tea I was drinking at the moment (I'm always drinking tea [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]), then maybe something to eat. Then I'd probably get around to asking them why the heck they were at my door.

And welcome to the Downs, Taryávëwen! Have fun, post often.
Old 07-21-2002, 01:05 AM   #14
Himalata

You guys are soooo funny! I could mean the actual hobbits or the real actors. your pick. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-21-2002, 12:02 PM   #15
maleliel
Animated Skeleton

maleliel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Okay. If a Hobbit came to my door I'd probably have to squeeze their cheeks!!! I dunno why I just would! [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] If Elijah Wood or one of the other actors came to my door I'd probably hyperventilate and then over-compensate for my embarrassment by laughing to loud and making non-stop jokes that aren't funny!!! [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 07-21-2002, 12:17 PM   #16
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rose Cotton has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

If a hobbit came to my door I'd ask them to take me back home with them.

If it was Elijah I'd invite him in and act all cool. [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img] Ya right. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 07-21-2002, 12:17 PM   #17
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

But how about an elf or a dwarf.
Legolas??!! LOL!
Old 07-21-2002, 12:54 PM   #18
gollum*elf*pup
Shade of Carn Dûm

gollum*elf*pup has just left Hobbiton.
if a hobbit came to my door i'd bring him in and roast him, cover him in mustard and feed fim to my horses and dogs for supper. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-21-2002, 01:10 PM   #19
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hmmm, very interesting. I would probebly ask them first, if they really were soandso. THen I would invite them in, I would probebly just try and stay calm. I would too, ask them what the pie they wanted.

Of corse, I would only be able to do this if I didn't faint first. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 07-21-2002, 01:16 PM   #20
Legolas
A Northern Soul

Legolas has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I'd think "Man, this is a silly thread."
Old 07-21-2002, 01:31 PM   #21
Sangoff
Pile O'Bones

Sangoff has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sangoff
Sting

I would probably do like everyone else. Jump up and down and scream and then after I was calmed down, I would invite them in for tea.
"Well this is the end Sam Gamgee," said a voice by his side. And there was Frodo, pale and worn, and yet himslef again; and in his eyes there was peace now, neither strain of will, nor madness, nor any fear. His burden was taken away. There was the dear master of the sweet days in the Shire.
"Master!" cried Sam and fell upon his knees. In all that ruin of the world for the moment he felt only joy, great joy. The burden was gone. His master had been saved; he was himself again, he was free. - RotK
Sangoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2002, 04:18 PM   #22
Belethadar

Sting

Quote:
But how about an elf or a dwarf
i could imagine a couple of things i would do if arwen came to my door ...
Old 07-22-2002, 02:48 PM   #23
Frodosgirl
Pile O'Bones

Frodosgirl has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

if hobbits came to my door i would say hello, im not expecting any one but you may enter then when they had come in i would cover my mouth and scream!!! then i would enter the room and ask how they are!!!

if the actors came to my door especially Elijah wood i would be gobsmacked and if Orlando Bloom was behind him with Sean Astin i would pass out
Old 07-22-2002, 03:07 PM   #24
The Silver-shod Muse
Shade of Carn Dûm

The Silver-shod Muse has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Wow. I think I'd probably do something surprisingly stupid like pinch their little ears to make sure they were real hobbits and not mean little children coming to destroy my sanity.

[ July 22, 2002: Message edited by: The Silver-shod Muse ]
"'You," he said, "tell her all. What good came to you? Do you rejoice that Maleldil became a man? Tell her of your joys, and of what profit you had when you made Maleldil and death acquainted.'" -Perelandra, by C.S. Lewis
The Silver-shod Muse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2002, 07:46 PM   #25
Himalata

You guys would do the strangest things and you must really them alot to pinch them and scream and jump up and down!
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 07-22-2002, 07:55 PM   #26
Arladwen Brandybuck

Tolkien

Hobbits at my door huh lets see? blink blink somebody pinch me I must be Dreamin!... Because I do dream of hobbits quite Serriously.. blush heh sorry
Old 07-23-2002, 02:10 PM   #27
Calencoire
Haunting Spirit

Calencoire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Calencoire
Silmaril

My jaw would drop to the ground too. Then I'd invite them in and ask them about everything in Middle Earth and find out what they are doing here.
Old 07-24-2002, 01:38 PM   #28
MYyyPreciousSS
Wight

MYyyPreciousSS has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to MYyyPreciousSS
Ring

If a hobbit came to my door I'd start saying "Haha, I was right, hobbits DO exsist!" and give him a huge hug. Then I'd see that I must seem crazy to him, so to keep him from running away, I'd invite him inside for something to eat. Then he could eat whatever he wanted while we discusssed many of things about Middle-earth. When it came time for him to leave hopefully he'd let me come with him.
If only...

"My Preciousss" - the line that started the obsession.
MYyyPreciousSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 04:55 PM   #29
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

The Script:

Knock knock!
Rachel goes and opens the door, and sees a hobbit there.
Rachel: *Jaw drops, and she stands there, dumbfounded for a few seconds, then manages to say a bit* Uh-uh...y-y-you're...are y-y-you...? Are you?
Hobbit: Yes?
Rachel: Y-y-you are a hobbit!
Hobbit: Yes...can I come in?
Rachel: *Finally recovers.* Oh...okay would you like to come in? Tea? Muffins? Cheese? You know, I knew that you guys had to exist!
Rachel shows the hobbit in and they have some tea and food, and Rachel makes the Hobbit tell Rachel all about Shire news. After they are all done and Rachel has cleared the table...
Rachel: So...if one were to, say, want to come to the Shire, how would one get there?
If the hobbit could tell her, he would, and she would, when she was old enough to drive, go to a barn, get a horse (I ride), and ride to the Shire, and visit everyone. Then, maybe I'll wander over to Lorien and Mirkwood and Rivendell. Then, maybe I'd try to sail over the sea to find everyone that went!
THE END

[ July 24, 2002: Message edited by: VanimaEdhel ]
Old 07-25-2002, 11:07 AM   #30
Ms. Took
Haunting Spirit

Ms. Took has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Ms. Took
Sting

I think that i'd freak out first, and then i'd have to hug them. Then I'd probably invite them in for tea.
Ms. Took is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2002, 09:30 PM   #31
Demloth of Dol Amroth
Wight

Demloth of Dol Amroth has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

i would clear my throat and say, "friends, hobbits, countrymen, lend me your ears. men have overstayed their boundaries in the world, and WE MUST ACT NOW! rally the troops and all that rot!" then i'd say, "naw, you've had enough of that. d'you like a Pepsi?" another good question is: what would you do if a nazgul came to your door? i'd think "this would be pretty cool if they weren't primarily hired out as assasins." [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

[ July 26, 2002: Message edited by: Demloth of Dol Amroth ]
Old 07-27-2002, 12:41 AM   #32
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Samwise has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Samwise
Sting

Re: Post above......
LOL!!! That was good~!
Quote:
"You'd better be hidden, Mr. Frodo," said Sam. "You get down in the waggon and cover up with blankets, and we'll send this rider to the rightabouts!"
He climbed out and went to the farmer's side. Black riders would have to ride over him to get to the wagon.
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Samwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2002, 10:30 AM   #33
Nevfeniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nevfeniel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

I would freeze, my eyes would widen, my jaw would drop, and my mouth would go dry. Then I would say, "A-a-are y-you a h-h-h-hobbit-t?" Actually, I would probably look a lot like this guy ---> [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

[ July 27, 2002: Message edited by: Nevfeniel ]
Consider the purr a variety of audible tranquilizer. [. . .] For a few of us, there is one more purr, a secret purr. When we combine our secret purrs, we produce the Purr of Power. And that is simply the amplified amity we feel as furred and purred beings.
Nevfeniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2002, 07:12 PM   #34
Eruwen

Eruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Well, what would I do? Hmmm...I think I would completely freak!!! I mean, a Hobbit. At my door!!!! So cool. It would be like meeting a celebrity or something. And I think every response before this would explain my reaction. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Eruwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2002, 10:59 AM   #35
Gamgee
Pile O'Bones

Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Gamgee
Sting

hobbits at my door?? hmm... well I would probably give them a long blank stare..then I would shower them with hobbit huggles and probably squeeze the bajeebers out of them, then I would smile and casually ask them in for second breakfast as if nothing had happened. We would talk about various things, and I would say how short and adorable hobbits are...Then I would ask them what in the name of the shire a hobbit is doing in a place like this, and probably toss in this plea, while on my knees groveling: "please take me with you!!! I live in a cruel world!! take me with you a beg of you!!!!"
now if the actors show up, I would probably do the same thing...except beg them to take me to New Zealand with them..
either way I would be looking a bit desperate, but who cares?!?
Old 07-28-2002, 11:32 AM   #36
Arwen Undómiel
Pile O'Bones

Arwen Undómiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Well, at first i could not believe, but after the shock, i would invite him the come in. And i would go with them in a journey later [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
Old 07-28-2002, 11:39 AM   #37
Nevfeniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nevfeniel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

You know, if anyone starts hugging the hobbits, they're going to think you are insane. If I was a hobbit, I wouldn't let total strangers give me hugs. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
Consider the purr a variety of audible tranquilizer. [. . .] For a few of us, there is one more purr, a secret purr. When we combine our secret purrs, we produce the Purr of Power. And that is simply the amplified amity we feel as furred and purred beings.
Nevfeniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2002, 11:51 AM   #38
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

If a Nazgul came to my door I'd slam it shut lock it and then lock everything else in the house. Um...that wouldn't work, would it.
Old 07-28-2002, 12:36 PM   #39
Halbereth Diagona
Wight

Halbereth Diagona has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Halbereth Diagona Send a message via AIM to Halbereth Diagona
Tolkien

If a....
Nazgul came to my door: I'd say...Those robes are sooooo last year, mate. Doesn't this Sauron guy pay you properly....I mean, they look like my nan's old curtains.
Then I would run like the blazes....
Hobbit: I'd say: Heya...you want some tea? Then I'd be really cool....depending on what hobbit it was, if it was Sam I'd have to ask for some gardening tips. If it was Frodo I'd kick him down the hill....I hate frodo.
Elf: Wheeee! Well, I'd gasp, then collect myself and say 'Heya mate. You look hot...want a drink?' Then I'd give them a drink and beg them to take me to whereever they were going.
Any of the actors: Blimey....I think I'd say summat like...You wanna drink? Then I'd find out all about LOTR...then they'd invite me to star in a re-make of LOTR, where Merry's sibling comes along too....and I'd say 'Yeah, well...I'm a bit busy right now, but I'll ask my mum...' then I'd film it, and end up starring alongside Rupert Grint, and Britney, and live the movie star life happily ever after...sigh.
Halbereth Diagona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2002, 01:48 AM   #40
Demloth of Dol Amroth
Wight

Demloth of Dol Amroth has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

why hasn't anyone been to this topic for a while-i'll post quick to bring it back to the top. IDEAS-i know there are more out there, so be a good BDer and put them here.