The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2013, 02:46 PM   #361
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
++Steve

Good Night, village. Good Night.
Old 08-29-2013, 03:21 PM   #362
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Alright, I've woken back up. Anyone feel like getting me up to speed?
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 03:42 PM   #363
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
++Greenie

Just to make a point.

It will hardly make me feel any more stupid if I'm wrong, and it will make me look incredibly smart if I'm right. So here we go.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:05 PM   #364
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Please excuse the delay. I'm bereaved now that you've killed Steve. (Actually, I just have a terrible headache, but that too.)

Steve is, erm, excuse me, was an ordinary wizard.

Night 5 begins.

Casting:
Shasta
Kath
Nerwen
Cop
McCobbler
Lottie
Green
Lommy

Cast aside:
Sally (moddess)
Morsul (collateral damage)
Legate (wizard, lynched Day 1)
Dun (wizard, slain Night 2)
Holby (sorcerer, lynched Day 2)
Echo (wizard wizard, silenced Night 3)
Boro (wizard prince, lynched Day 3)
Steve (wizard, lynched Day 4)

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 08-30-2013 at 03:44 PM.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 03:43 PM   #365
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
After the day's events, no one could sleep. The wizards remained vigilant, staring up at the black sky as they waited, their ears searching for the slightest sound, the faintest hint that someone may be moving.

The sound they heard, however, was far from faint.

Everyone leapt to their feet, following the sound of two women screaming until they came upon Greenie and Copper . Unfortunately, they were too late.

As their friends approached, both lasses fell to the ground, their bodies limp, their hands empty. Part of Greenie's cloak had been burned away, its absence revealing a dark hand print. Copper lay beside her, her robes mussed and ripped from a struggle. She, too, bore an unnatural hand print on her body, but hers was around her neck.

Casting:
Shasta
Kath
Nerwen
McCobbler
Lottie
Lommy

Cast aside:
Sally (moddess)
Morsul (collateral damage)
Legate (wizard, lynched Day 1)
Dun (wizard, slain Night 2)
Holby (sorcerer, lynched Day 2)
Echo (wizard wizard, silenced Night 3)
Boro (wizard prince, lynched Day 3)
Steve (wizard, lynched Day 4)
Cop (killed Night 4)
Greenie (killed Night 4)

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 08-31-2013 at 11:28 AM.
Old 08-30-2013, 04:10 PM   #366
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
1420!

I guess we don't really need Sally's clarification though.

Greetings to Cop who's certainly reading: have I ever told you you're freakin' awesome! That was very neat, I was thinking you're the ranger and apparently the wolves were along the same lines. Oopsie.

Okay I should maybe stop gloating but it's nice to 1) have a village victory because nowadays the wolves always seem to win, 2) be on the winning side and 3) be at least sometimes right about something.

Any last words, Shastiekins?
Old 08-30-2013, 04:14 PM   #367
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Well either way, Eonwe was innocent so Shasta is a wolf.

However, MODDESS - will the narration make clear whether there was a Saruman ... erm ... thing last Night? As in, are we actually in a position where we lynch Shasta and we've won, or not?
Old 08-30-2013, 04:37 PM   #368
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Well done, Cop!

++Shasta
Old 08-30-2013, 06:52 PM   #369
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Lottie and Steve, I owe you an apology.

++Shasta
Old 08-30-2013, 06:58 PM   #370
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
Well either way, Eonwe was innocent so Shasta is a wolf.

However, MODDESS - will the narration make clear whether there was a Saruman ... erm ... thing last Night? As in, are we actually in a position where we lynch Shasta and we've won, or not?
It doesn’t actually say whether Saruman’s power becomes active in the case of the other wolf being taken down by the Hunter, but I think it’s implied:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rules
Saruman has a one-shot power which allows him to add a new member to his order. He must do this when he is the only sorcerer remaining, and doing so must not cause him to automatically win the game. This person will join him at the beginning of the following phase of game play (e.g. if he selects a person during the Night, they will join him the next Dawn, whereas if he chooses them during the Day, they will join him at Dusk).
However, I also think Greenie was much more likely to have been Saruman.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:28 PM   #371
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
However, I also think Greenie was much more likely to have been Saruman.
Spoilers: Even the sorcerers don't know which of them is/was Saruman.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:44 PM   #372
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
OH.
Old 08-31-2013, 04:37 AM   #373
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
Are you serious? Then what about telling us if Greenie was Saruman or not?

Anyway:

++Shasta

Not sure if I'll be around still toDay, since there seem to be no pressing matters to be resolved and I'm going to hang around at my mum's for most of the day. I might pop in again closer to the deadline to see what's happening.

And honestly if the game doesn't end toDay then I will say the rules basically make it impossible for the village to win because I don't think we could have played much better (or had much better luck) - c'mon, the ranger made a save, the seer dreamt of a wolf and the hunter killed a wolf.
Old 08-31-2013, 06:57 AM   #374
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
++Shasta

I think that's really all that needs to be said.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 08:31 AM   #375
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Are you serious? Then what about telling us if Greenie was Saruman or not?
I'd be happy to. Greenie was not Saruman.

(Not that answering that question really answers your question, but I think you'll find I actually already answered your question in a way....and this circular sentence structure means I definitely need to find some breakfast.)
Old 08-31-2013, 08:49 AM   #376
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Even assuming the worst and that we're dealing with an additional sleeper wolf, Lottie should have seen one innocent from toNight who didn't get turned on us. Which is a starting point at least.
Old 08-31-2013, 09:06 AM   #377
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Right well. Lets assume sally is being opaque for the sake of trying to add interest to the last Day and just go for it.

++SHASTA
Old 08-31-2013, 10:42 AM   #378
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
Right well. Lets assume sally is being opaque for the sake of trying to add interest to the last Day and just go for it.
Well, of course there’s no way Sally is going to pass up such an opportunity to mess with our heads– but all the same, it sounds as if we must indeed have an extra wolf.
Old 08-31-2013, 11:06 AM   #379
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Well, of course there’s no way Sally is going to pass up such an opportunity to mess with our heads– but all the same, it sounds as if we must indeed have an extra wolf.
You don't. Holby was Saruman.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 08-31-2013, 11:47 AM   #380
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

I was asking because in the event that something happened, would the Seer know? Like, if the Seer dreamed someone who was also turned that Night would they be seen as their original innocent self or their now guilty self?

Basically I'm imagining worst case scenarios.
Old 08-31-2013, 04:31 PM   #381
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

I'm out of the house at the moment, but, um, yeah, game over.
Old 08-31-2013, 04:52 PM   #382
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Thumbs up

Nice job, village! I admit to having no clue about the wolves, though I did get a little Gifted vibe from Cop after my demise.
Speaking of which, was I taken out for any special reason? I thought when I was killed that there were surely better candidates for a no-trail kill.
Old 08-31-2013, 05:50 PM   #383
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Nice job, village! I admit to having no clue about the wolves, though I did get a little Gifted vibe from Cop after my demise.
Speaking of which, was I taken out for any special reason? I thought when I was killed that there were surely better candidates for a no-trail kill.
*cough cough*
Old 08-31-2013, 05:57 PM   #384
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

Coppermirror is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Ahaha, I only got to take out a wolf at a time when I knew for certain who they were.

Shasta and Greenie, why did you choose to night kill me then, knowing that I could be the Pact Mage and that I would definitely get one of you if I was?
Coppermirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 06:14 PM   #385
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Good game, innocents!

I actually dreamed Cop last Night - I figured I might as well know which she was, plus, if she were turned, she could pretend she hadn't been Night-killed because the wolf was afraid she was the hunter.
Old 08-31-2013, 07:01 PM   #386
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppermirror View Post
Ahaha, I only got to take out a wolf at a time when I knew for certain who they were.

Shasta and Greenie, why did you choose to night kill me then, knowing that I could be the Pact Mage and that I would definitely get one of you if I was?
You were protected on the night there wasn't a kill. By our reasoning, no Ranger would be stupid enough to protect someone they knew was the Hunter, so you were clearly a self-protecting Ranger.
Old 08-31-2013, 08:18 PM   #387
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
You were protected on the night there wasn't a kill. By our reasoning, no Ranger would be stupid enough to protect someone they knew was the Hunter, so you were clearly a self-protecting Ranger.
Ah, I see.

The night I was protected I was hunting Eönwë, although I did actually consider making a last minute switch to Shasta. It would have been bad for the village if I'd got killed at that point.

So, who do I have to thank for making the save? Come forward, o save-making Ranger!
Old 08-31-2013, 09:33 PM   #388
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
I would not have let Greenie go after that completely evil vote she pulled. That was eeeevilll. But then you folks went along with it and all I could think about after witnessing my bandwagon lynching:

(Although I understand SeerLottie's reasoning and in the end...my gameplan as an ordo is to always die at somepoint if it means the gifteds are not dying). Go village. And woot sally (nearly forgot great-bad pun on Echo

Last edited by Boromir88; 08-31-2013 at 09:37 PM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:12 PM   #389
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
I think it's incredible that you all lynched useful people like Legate and Boro instead of me. Hopefully that'll be the case next time I happen to be on the other side.
Old 09-01-2013, 02:19 PM   #390
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

I was the Ranger. I protected Cop that Night 'cause it looked like she was going to Hunt someone I thought to be innocent. Worked out pretty well for us in the end!
Old 09-01-2013, 04:55 PM   #391
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
I was the Ranger. I protected Cop that Night 'cause it looked like she was going to Hunt someone I thought to be innocent. Worked out pretty well for us in the end!
I think whoever it was was probably safe from me, since at least the way I was interpreting the rules, I couldn't successfully night kill anybody who wasn't a sorcerer. But thanks for the save! It definitely worked out well. Credit goes to you for confusing the wolves and Lottie for dreaming of Greenie at the best possible time.
Old 09-02-2013, 03:30 AM   #392
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
I think it's incredible that you all lynched useful people like Legate and Boro instead of me. Hopefully that'll be the case next time I happen to be on the other side.
Hear, hear!

Well, I enjoyed it while it lasted. Though as usual, or in fact, I believe this time more than usual, those who actually said I was "suspicious" were completely pulling it out of nowhere (and they even weren't Wolves). I would also like to use this opportunity to point out that I have been consistently voted out during Day 1 in several past games, and whereas it lifts the burden of bothering oneself with future analyses on next Days, it gets a bit tedious. I might consider a different approach, but I think lynching on the basis of... nothing... also plays its part. (As in, the only semi-valid argument I saw against me was "he posts things without any substance", which, of course, got me lynched as opposed to about ten other people, who did exactly the same, except they didn't, unlike me, post anything else of substance. But as we know, that's how Werewolf works. )

But congrats to the village, and the Wolves too (it was going well for you folks in the beginning, but then the Gifteds started playing their best cards). It was fun to follow the game. And also, hope our first-time and long-time-no-see-players enjoyed this, and most of all, hope this game reignited the interest in WW... hint hint?
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 12:42 PM   #393
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thumbs up

Despite being occasionally very frustrated, I actually enjoyed this game very much. It was so fun to play with you all again, it's been too long! Thanks everyone, you made it great.

The gifted did all a great job, and my hats off to the wolves too - you had some bad luck along the way.

Also, I know I shouldn't gloat, but I'm seriously impressed with myself in this game despite talking in circles, helping in getting innocent!Boro lynched and being quite certain Eönwë is the seer.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:22 PM   #394
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Oh, she was a non-logical Hunter! I missed that in Sally’s description, and I think the wolves must have too.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:59 PM   #395
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Oh, she was a non-logical Hunter! I missed that in Sally’s description, and I think the wolves must have too.
No, it was a bit of both. The description says that the Pact Mage ability kicks in if they're harmed by the person they selected (or if the person selected is a sorcerer), so the only time I could have killed an innocent is if I was killed during the Day and the person I was hunting had voted for me. If I'd been hunting an innocent during the Night and I was Night killed by sorcerers, the innocent wouldn't have done me any harm, so they wouldn't have died.