Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2006, 06:46 PM   #161
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Oh Formy, I like that. I like that a lot. I'm very content now.

Can we hurry so I can start writing?
Old 09-23-2006, 06:49 PM   #162
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
No reason you can't start now. Tell the story:

Quote:
But the road proved deadly and her parents were lost to an accident upon it, and Indil was lost and alone, and she was afraid.
What accident? How do they die? Does she see it? Is she traumatized? How does she eat once they die-- from the saddlebags/ packs? She can even hide from Erebemlin's group for some little-girl-reason.

Dive in, girl!

Old timers: I've lost the date, by the way. Does anybody remember what day it was, and when it was that day...? Is it springtime? Not much for Eledhwen to eat on the roadside. She'll be hungry-- especially by the time Bergil comes by.

Last edited by mark12_30; 09-23-2006 at 06:53 PM.
Old 09-23-2006, 07:02 PM   #163
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
No worries about me diving in. I will. You'll want to get rid of me by the time I'm done diving in.

I'm just waiting a bit, since Bergil's got to find her, but first he needs to be dispatched to find the ladies, so first the ladies need to leave.

Though if I decide that I really don't want to do the insurmountable pile of homework I've got, I might do exactly what you said and tell her story instead of waiting to do it in retrospect.
Old 09-23-2006, 07:35 PM   #164
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
How were the guys going to find out about the women leaving again? Gwyllion? Might Gwyll speak through Indil, and then... something?
I had thought that Gwyllion would kind of mention it to Aeron. Gwyl is shy, she wouldn't speak to another and the flower from the river daughter binds her to him.

I was thinking Aeron could wake up, tell Ravion, who will tell him to tell one of the elves...maybe then one of them could brush of Aeron until he dreams again the next night?

Old 09-23-2006, 09:10 PM   #165
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imladris
I had thought that Gwyllion would kind of mention it to Aeron. Gwyl is shy, she wouldn't speak to another and the flower from the river daughter binds her to him.

I was thinking Aeron could wake up, tell Ravion, who will tell him to tell one of the elves...maybe then one of them could brush of Aeron until he dreams again the next night?
That sounds right to me, too. How about you do all that-- complete with elvish brushoff, from Erebemlin of course; then when Bergil shows up a day or three later, Aeron can have a nice "I told you so" moment-- and the elf STILL won't care.

Am I painting Erebemlin too icy-cold, Alak? Let me know if I am. I see him as sheer devotion, laser-focused on Amroth and immune to everything and everyone else except the river-daughter. Perhaps I go overboard?
Old 09-23-2006, 11:02 PM   #166
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

I will post the dream scene when the ladies leave.

Old 09-24-2006, 07:27 AM   #167
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

alaklondewen has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Am I painting Erebemlin too icy-cold, Alak?
I don't think so at this point, as long as he keeps his elvish qualities, such as the singing with Taitheneb. So he's not completely cold and hard, but is completely focused on the quest at hand and Amroth's return. Erebemlin will be dead set against going to look for the women as it only (in his eyes) detracts from his king's quest.
Old 09-24-2006, 04:56 PM   #168
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Raefindan? Bad dreams? Do you have something in mind I should know about?

Ędegard distracted and troubled? Missing Leafa perhaps.

I must admit to not knowing quite how to start these two characters back up again. So feel free to suggest things to me. Otherwise, I'll wait until inspiration takes me.
Old 09-24-2006, 07:06 PM   #169
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet
Raefindan? Bad dreams? Do you have something in mind I should know about?

Ędegard distracted and troubled? Missing Leafa perhaps.

I must admit to not knowing quite how to start these two characters back up again. So feel free to suggest things to me. Otherwise, I'll wait until inspiration takes me.
Actually, I was working more off of Erebemlin's likely suggestion, "You're all too busy to help Mellondu at the moment." Ędegard being distracted (Yes, I am quite busy-- now what was I doing? Something important...?) and troubled (Amroth never had a problem with Echo. What's this kid's issue? And what is it that Echo doesn't like about him?)

Raefindan's "bad dreams"-- oh, just more of the same stuff that haunted him and Mellonin, I assume.

I'm quite focused on Mellondu vs Erebemlin at the moment, and am probably neglecting the rest rather shamefully. There it is.

If you're uninspired about Raefindan and Ędegard--what's Tharonwe up to these days? And isn't it about time Jorje started missing good old Raefindan? Maybe Marigold needs a few heart-to -heart talks with the old hounder.
Old 09-24-2006, 07:14 PM   #170
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Yes, I had just thought of Tharonwe. How much time should the men be gone before he makes his escape? Surely the women should leave Minas Tirith first? Or does he shadow them? Oooooh! That would be interesting!

I'm ambivalent about Jorje. I want to have him come in as a surprise to rescue someone out of a seemingly impossible fix. Of course that means I need to wait for a seemingly impossible fix. Jorje miss Raefindan? I suppose so. Marigold have a word with the old hound? Yes, I could arrange something like that. Hmmm....
Old 09-26-2006, 08:30 PM   #171
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Pipe Sssshhhhh, I'm hunting wabbits....

.....it's vewy vewy quiet.

Old 09-27-2006, 09:34 AM   #172
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark12_30
.....it's vewy vewy quiet.
I've been extremely busy for the last two days; 10 hour work days then 2 hour church meetings (at least yesterday) in between which I must fit in mowing the lawn, sleeping, eating, and thinking about this rpg, other rpgs, and my magnum opus. I need some inspiration. In other words, I need others to post first so I can have something to react to. Or else I'll just have to wait until inspiration strikes. Not to mention time allows. I guess this was a waste of a post, except to say, 'there are reasons'.
Old 09-27-2006, 11:23 AM   #173
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Immy, I love it.

Formendacil, does this count as being the appropriate time to work on that post together?
Old 09-27-2006, 03:05 PM   #174
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil
Immy, I love it.

Formendacil, does this count as being the appropriate time to work on that post together?
Fea, dear, you can start anytime... but before Bergil and Indil meet in our presumably-the-post-you-are-wanting-to-work-on-here post, Bergil has to have a post in which he is sent from Minas Anor with news of the ladies being gone. And, as near as I can tell... that's not happened yet.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:25 PM   #175
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil
Fea, dear, you can start anytime...
You and your continuity...

I'm currently in the middle of a death struggle over writing passively and actively. I need you so that I don't go insane.
Old 09-27-2006, 04:49 PM   #176
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil
You and your continuity...

I'm currently in the middle of a death struggle over writing passively and actively. I need you so that I don't go insane.
Well, as a convicted member of the "Writing in Passive Voice" club, I'm certainly free of any struggle there...

Anyway... we can start on our combined post any time. I'm just reiterating that we can't actually POST it, and may have to modify it, until after Bergil's been brought up to that point in the story.
Old 09-27-2006, 05:22 PM   #177
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Immy-- Me too-- I love it. One minor problem -- they're riding the horses now (the walking was basically just to the South Pelennor Gate.) In a way, riding might even be better? He can fall asleep in the saddle. Then he can either fall off the horse and not wake up, or, sleep in the saddle as she 'walks' beside him. If you like, he can still park beside Gwyllion's rock &c (which I liked a bunch.)

Formie and Fea-- Post it here. Build it together til it's done.

Nuru, Aylwen, and mark12_30-- guess you ladies better get busy giving the ladies their nightmares.
Old 09-27-2006, 05:28 PM   #178
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Who's dreaming what? Are they all having the same dream? What's going to be in the dream that's going to make them go, "Oh, I think I'll run down to Leafa/Bellyn at the Seventh Star/Someone else's home and tell them about this dream!" I'm kind of lost on that aspect, so as soon as someone explains that part to me, I'll get right to it.
Old 09-27-2006, 05:28 PM   #179
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Sorry! I seem to be forgetting a lot lately >.<

Quote:
One minor problem -- they're riding the horses now (the walking was basically just to the South Pelennor Gate.) In a way, riding might even be better? He can fall asleep in the saddle. Then he can either fall off the horse and not wake up, or, sleep in the saddle as she 'walks' beside him. If you like, he can still park beside Gwyllion's rock &c (which I liked a bunch.)
Aaaack details will be the death of me, which I hope can be excused once more if one considers that my head is already muddled with the conjugation of German verbs, fear and dread of sundry tests, work, and...Huckleberries.

But I shall edit sofort!

Old 09-27-2006, 07:25 PM   #180
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Raefindan has responded to Aeron's dream. Let me know if I put inappropriate words in Aeron's mouth, please.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:49 AM   #181
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imladris
Aaaack details will be the death of me, which I hope can be excused once more if one considers that my head is already muddled with the conjugation of German verbs, fear and dread of sundry tests, work, and...Huckleberries.

But I shall edit sofort!
Sehr schon, meine freunde. Ich bin ..... Ich bin.... "happy". I forget-- How do you say "Happy" auf deutsch??? And note the missing unlauts. Sigh. It's been thirty years or so. Anyway your post is lovely and you handled the transition to horseback with aplomb.

What about huckleberries? They're good by the handful, also on cereal.

lmp, good to see Raefindan again.

The dreams-- I was imagining a bit of a replay of Mellondu's original departure. Some dreams/nightmares, a bit of a fever, a sudden departure in an unexpected direction... the difference being that the other two ladies follow immediately. Bella and Leafa still have horses; perhaps Mellonin can steal one-- heh! that'd wake up the city.

Who wants the first dream? I vote for levelheaded Bella-- Mellonin's already being a bit flaky & emotional. Shall we go for all three dreaming, or two? It's a tapestry, after all. Golly, that would be fun. One dreams as Mithrellas, one dreams as Nimrodel... the third dreams as who? Or of whom? Maybe she dreams of Saethryd somehow?

How about the one dreaming of Nimrodel is the one who departs (precipitously) the one dreaming as Mithrellas follows her intently; the third is simply chasing?

Thoughts?

Last edited by mark12_30; 09-28-2006 at 01:59 AM.
Old 09-28-2006, 04:00 AM   #182
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

"Freulich", is I think the word you're looking for, Helen.

I'm thinking that Jorje will follow the women instead of the men.....
Old 09-28-2006, 06:31 AM   #183
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Ich bin freulich!

Shades of Huan...?
Old 09-28-2006, 09:07 AM   #184
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark12_30
Shades of Huan...?
Well, I guess that makes for a precedent. The women don't happen to be Mary Sues, to a person, and will just maybe need more aid for sheer survival than the men; besides, Tharonwe is going to be messing with them, and they'll need Jorje. Somehow...

EDIT: Poor Aeron. That Erebemlin is just too focused. This'll be fun!

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 09-28-2006 at 09:12 AM.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:35 PM   #185
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Tolkien

Quote:
Sehr schon, meine freunde. Ich bin ..... Ich bin.... "happy". I forget-- How do you say "Happy" auf deutsch??? And note the missing unlauts. Sigh. It's been thirty years or so. Anyway your post is lovely and you handled the transition to horseback with aplomb.

What about huckleberries? They're good by the handful, also on cereal.
Lmp was close for the Deutsch word for happiness...but not quite. "Froehlich" (the e after the o signifies an umlauted o). There are also other words as well. =)

Sadly I have never tasted a huckleberry before -- I meant it in a purely figurative sense...to be more specific, my special other. I call him my Huckleberry.

Forgive me for this not having anything to do with The Tapestry...I just hate not responding to comments. =]

Old 09-29-2006, 02:43 PM   #186
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Bella is starting to feel sick. She'll probably have funny dreams tonight.

What day is it? Did we figure that out?
Old 10-03-2006, 04:26 AM   #187
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

January 6.

How warm is South Gondor's winter? Must review atlas *again.*

P. 183, below the white mountains. Mild winter, hot dry summer. "Mild winter"... this gets compared to the Mediterranean, or to Southern California. (Sheesh, that's mild.) I think that's more along the coast. I'd say moderately mild up near Minas Tirith, getting milder as we go south.
Rohan is normally mild-- The Three Hunters found no snow in the plains of Rohan.

I guess we just put our folks through an unusually harsh winter-- unless we figure that the Anduin is coming from the cold mountain streams... bit of a stretch. But that's okay. Leave it as is. But now that we are going further south, it'll get milder and milder. I guess we can either assume we are snowless (but chilly cold at night) for the first week or more of travel, or, play with the occasional snowstorm that melts in a few days, or a flurry that melts by that afternoon.
Old 10-03-2006, 04:45 AM   #188
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Post # Date Location Event
481 25-Dec Passing Rauros Amroth senses Tharonwe & pursues
___ 26-Dec ….the longest day…..
481 26-Dec Paths thru swamp & over 7 streams Pursuit
486-501 26-Dec swamp Driving off the merchant
502 26-Dec swamp Seeking Bella; Ędegard seeks Leafa
___ 26-Dec swamp Seeking Argeleafa
510 26-Dec swamp Jorje sent after Ędegard
514 26-Dec swamp swamp swamp Aeron pursues Ędegard; Gwyll captured
516 26-Dec swamp faceoff: Amroth vs Tharonwe
518 26-Dec swamp Gwyll meets Mithrellas
520 26-Dec ooky ooky swamp Amroth vs Tharonwe; Mellondu surfaces
526 26-Dec swamp Ędegard misses his hand
527 26-Dec swamp Raefindan offers self in trade
531 26-Dec eeermy swamp Mellonin, Leafa, Bella return carrying Gwyll
536 26-Dec swamp Aeron fights for Gwyll; Gwyll dies
538 26-Dec swamp Raefindan sees Merlocks kill Gwyllion
___ 26-Dec swamp Battle against merlocks
541 26-Dec swamp Aftermath
551 26-Dec swamp Tharonwe and Raefindan travel.
556 26-Dec swamp RaefinRoy dreams of Imrazor & Mithrellas & Angela
557 26-27 Dec swamp Camp on the rise in the swamp.
559 27-Dec swamp Ędegard reconciled with Nethwador
560 27-Dec swamp Nethwador's response
___ ___ End page 14
___ ___ Page 15
561 27-Dec swamp Erebemlin watches over Mellondu
565 27-Dec swamp Tharonwe and RaefinRoy
575 27-Dec swamp swamp swamp Marigold extends her invitation!
577 ___ path out of the swamp Into Marigold's cottage
596-597 27-28 Dec In the cottage
600 ___ In the cottage Argeleafa discovers Liornung's hope
___ ___ end page 15
___ ___ page 16
604 28-Dec In the cottage dawn and snow
605 ___ In the cottage Amroth dreams of Maegeleb and Nimrodel
614-626 28-Dec Cottage yard Gwyllion's burial
627 28-Dec Cottage yard Departure from Marigold's cottage
634 28-Dec Cottage yard evening
636 28-Dec Cottage yard nightfall
639 28-Dec Cottage yard
640 28-Dec Cottage yard
end page 16
page 17
643 28-Dec snowy camp Raefindan's return; Tharonwe's 'surrender'
652 28-Dec snowy camp The long, long, long night continues
659 28-29 dec snowy camp ladies found
671 29-Dec Snowy camp Dawn at last
678 29-Dec Riding south Riding south
680 29-Dec Riding south Riding south
___ ___ end page 17
___ ___ page 18
681 29-Dec Road to Minas Tirith Evening
683 30-Dec Road to Minas Tirith Morning on the road
685 30-31 Dec Road to Minas Tirith Evening, camp, sleep, and morning
688 31 Dec- 1Jan "The Four Merry Halflings" Inn Settling in at the Inn
689 32 Dec- 1Jan "The Four Merry Halflings" Inn Raeindan dreams of Mithrellas
690 1-Jan Entering Pelennor Approaching Minas Tirith
692 1-Jan Minas Tirith Mellonin & Mellondu go home
693 1-2 Jan The Seventh Star Raefindan dreams of Mithrellas
694 2-Jan Mellonin's parents' house
708 ___ Mellonin's parents' house Mellondu submits to Erebemlin
709 2-Jan evening Erebemlin declares departure: 3 dawns hence
711 2-Jan Mellonin's parents' house Dinner at Mellondu's parents' house
___ 3-Jan dawn farewells &c
___ ___ Conference with the King; Tharonwe imprisoned
___ 4-Jan __________ farewells &c
___ 5-Jan dawn Departure from Minas Tirith
___ ___ END OF BOOK 1
___ ___ BOOK 2
1 ___ NEW THREAD
___ 5-Jan Passing South Pelennor gate Passing South Pelennor gate
___ 5-6 Jan Camp Archery lesson; camp
___ 6-Jan …where we are now

Last edited by mark12_30; 10-03-2006 at 04:50 AM.
Old 10-03-2006, 06:13 PM   #189
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Upcoming absence

Hello, all.

I'm going to be leaving this Thursday on a trip that will last nearly until the end of this month. I won't have ready internet access, nor much time even if I did, so you shan't hear from me for awhile.

I know the ladies will be leaving soon, and I completely trust any one of you to handle Leafa in an appropriate manner.

'Til then! God bless you all.
Old 10-03-2006, 06:19 PM   #190
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

When the ladies pass northwesterly, I do hope "The Four Merry Halflings" gets a mention....

By the way, that was a Tolkienian load of research, Helen. Kudos.
Old 10-03-2006, 08:44 PM   #191
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

To echo Nuru a little...

Whether I'm really needed or not, I feel I should mention that I might be downright missing for the next few weeks. I've got a grand scale project in the works with an Oct. 13th deadline and then I'm on break in Connecticut and I can't promise internet access.
Old 10-06-2006, 07:25 PM   #192
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

HellOOoooOOOoooo??? Anybody out there? Should I start double/multiple posting? Surely there is some interest amongst the old salts to get this thing to where the eager newbies () can give it a kick in the bootle?
Old 10-12-2006, 05:12 PM   #193
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Hum.

Can the women leave now? I can get a post up as soon as possible with Bellyn having her nightmares...she can leave during the night, if that's what you want.

Oh, but before I do...where the heck would Bellyn have put her horse? I didn't even think about that.

-Aylwen
Old 10-12-2006, 07:07 PM   #194
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Er....

.... same place Leafa put hers??????

Good question.

I suspect they'd have kept them close, out of sheer love. There is a stable attatched (or associated with) the Seventh Star. It's as good a place as any, at first. Maybe Leafa's horse and Bella's horse are in stalls next to each other.

Where's Mellonin going to get her horse? I think she steals one, actually. One of the Errand-Riders can donate one. THen Elessar will be doubly interested in "what happened to those girls!"

Bottom line: Fire ahead, girl. Whatever Bella does, Mellonin will do something not-too-different (she ahs to be crazy to steal a horse, so...) Leafa will be the only one with a nera-term chance at sanity.

Last time it was a crazy blacksmith. Now it's a crazy laundry-girl and a crazy mapmaker!

Wheeeeee!
Old 10-12-2006, 08:00 PM   #195
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Bellyn has left the building.

Any issues, let me know. I was a little sketchy with the whole "getting Bellyn's horse" thing, I wasn't sure how that should have gone, so if I need to edit that, I'm all for suggestions. Also...I didn't know/remember exactly where the girls were supposed to be headed, so if you don't want them going towards the White Mountains, I could edit that too.

Just let me know.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:42 PM   #196
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

... I like it....
Old 10-22-2006, 10:53 AM   #197
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Hello? Is there anybody out there?

(Just nod if you can hear me )

-Aylwen
Old 10-22-2006, 11:55 AM   #198
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

[is lurking]
Old 10-22-2006, 03:18 PM   #199
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Let's generate a plot outline. That may help to guide us in knowing who should be posting and when. What needs to be happening? What can happen?
Old 10-22-2006, 03:24 PM   #200
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Since you guys have already foreshadowed Indil's appearance, my self-imposed limitation is to wait until Bergil finds her before expanding or introducing her more.

Which means, as I said, I'm just lurking for now.