Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2008, 06:39 AM   #721
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

alaklondewen has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark12_30 View Post
Pardon me while I take a moment to publicly hope Alak will return. Helloooo, Alak?

lmp, those linked lists (HEE HEE HEE programmers joke) are great. I have poked at a few links and will try to do more shortly.
Okay, Okay...with your responses and my husband's excitement, I would be honored to finish writing the Tapestry with you. I'll need at least a couple of days to be sure I've read everything (I've been keeping up, but as a reader and not writer).
Old 05-27-2008, 09:15 AM   #722
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaklondewen View Post
Okay, Okay...with your responses and my husband's excitement, I would be honored to finish writing the Tapestry with you. I'll need at least a couple of days to be sure I've read everything (I've been keeping up, but as a reader and not writer).
Yay!

One wonders who else might pop back in at the last?
Old 05-27-2008, 02:00 PM   #723
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
1420!

Quote:
Woot woot!! Hooray!

Alak, I suggest focusing on lmp's linked lists (aw, I can't stand it, ROFL) several posts back. I know I will be. Great resource...

--questions?

GLEE!

ps. lmp, I skimmed or read through the links so far. Sweet. I had forgotten much.

Could you put lmp's newly linked lists in a new post so I know where to start? THankee!

Last edited by mark12_30; 05-27-2008 at 02:55 PM.
Old 05-27-2008, 05:51 PM   #724
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

Questions of the Elvish kind

In the current stage of the story, how do you see Erebemlin's role?

Also, thinking of Taitheneb and Lorien, it crossed my mind of his returning with aid. I'm totally throwing that out there as it's going through me how fresh elves might aid, especially with the threat of Tharonwe.

Let me know what you think...
Old 05-27-2008, 06:31 PM   #725
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Amroth is nearing the end of "his" strength. Mellondu has desires and intentions of his own, and is feverish (as usual) and also physically weakened by all of this intense travel.

Erebemlin still has his physical strength, and although he may feel weary by elf-standards and be looking forwward to resolving all of this and getting back to Marigold, he is still the strongest one around mentally and physically. (Excepting in some ways or at some times, Roy Edwards, who is full of surprises and in my mind still somewhat undefined. I imagine lmp has much left up his sleeve.)

So: currently Erebemlin is helping Amroth by holding Nimrodel, like a child, on Amroth's behalf as Amroth remains near her and is trying to take Nimrodel via osanwe through her insanity and out the other side. Remember Aragorn calling the black breath victims up and out of their darkness, while he was in the houses of healing? Like that, only there is a lot more to sift through. Amroth is weary, and more vulnerable than strong. Nimrodel is just plain mad. Erebemlin is essentially supporting them both, physically and osanwe-wise (and strength of will.) While they travel through Nimrodel's madness, Erebemlin will generally let Amroth lead much of the time, when Amroth can. But how much strength of will is left to Amroth, time will tell. He is nearly spent, and he is leaning hard on Erebemlin. THere will be times where Erebemlin picks up the reins, and leads until Amroth regains his strength.

And if they both get into trouble, the rest of the team will come into play.

Regarding Taitheneb: How I've missed him. I'd love to see him again.

Last edited by mark12_30; 05-27-2008 at 06:41 PM.
Old 05-27-2008, 07:16 PM   #726
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Alak: I just put up a sort of demo post. Feedback? Is that something you can work with?

I'm off to bed shortly... Alak, I am so glad to see you about. Yay!

lmp-- shout anytime.
Old 05-27-2008, 07:20 PM   #727
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

Actually, Helen...that was perfect. You answered my question and gave me stuff to work with. I so appreciate it. ^_^
Old 05-28-2008, 09:24 AM   #728
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'll see what I can do regarding Tharonwe.

There is another Elf: Mithrellas. What could she do in terms of osanwe?

And Roy Edwards continues to be full of possibility, as you say. I'll have to give this some thought. Maybe I can have another post or two up by the end of the week.
Old 05-29-2008, 05:27 PM   #730
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Reviewing some old (old!) posts in the first book: When The Lady Estelyn released (or, actually, refused to release!) Mellonin from her service as talekeeper at the Inn (Seventh Star), , she put a charge on her: to write down her adventures, and upon her return, place the story in the library.

Good heavens, Mellonin has been woefully delinquent! Or, at least, "we" haven't been mentioning her spurts of writing.

I wonder whether she lost her "writing material" that Estelyn gave her. Or perhaps, it ended up deep in Ravion's pack, with a few old notes, abandoned once things got a bit rough. Perhaps Ravion has been secretly cherishing it, and he will return it to her first real chance he gets. When he remembers it.

I may doctor a few older posts, to add that in....

And while I am here: Song posts: THey start from here

http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...2&postcount=82

and go til post 94;
and then one more at
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...5&postcount=99

page six is about the merchant scuffle, and the suffocating dust...

Last edited by mark12_30; 05-29-2008 at 07:42 PM.
Old 05-30-2008, 02:38 PM   #731
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

A moment of hope. We'll need a few ups among the downs.

Happy Friday, team!

From page nine:
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...t=10385&page=9

Last edited by mark12_30; 05-30-2008 at 03:25 PM.
Old 05-30-2008, 05:12 PM   #732
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Top of the first book:
http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=10385
Top of the first discussion thread:
http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=10334

What happens next as Nimrodel relives the past:

Mithrellas, stung by Nimrodel's fury, will linger near her, til Imrazor finds her, courts her, and marries her. She leaves Nimrodel long enough to raise a family. ...
From the first discussion thread, towards the bottom of post # 9:
After Mithrellas leaves Imrazor she returns to the mountains to look for Nimrodel. She travels far west (towards Lefnui?) and finds the wandering Nimrodel, and persuades her to return to Edhellond and look for Amroth.

(While Mithrellas was married to Imrazor and raising a family: )
Nimrodel has found Amroth's corpse (uncorrupt) washed up on shore, somewhere on the Belfalas. Since he is uncorrupt, she hopes in the possibility he might return to that body instead of being reborn as an infant, so she lays him in a few feet of clear water (a la dead marshes, only he doesn't rot) and waits (for a couple of decades) over his body for him to return.

But the Valar don't want to send Amroth back; They want her to come west; so they wait, hoping that she'll catch the next ship. Amroth is stuck in Mandos, waiting and hoping.

Nimrodel waits beside Amroth's body for a long time; however, Nothing Happens, (while Mithrellas and Imrazor are happily building a family, and Amroth is waiting in the Halls of Mandos for her to sail west.) and eventually Nimrodel despairs and loses her reason.

She returns alone to the mountains, where she finds the Stone of Erech. She waits there, drawn to it in her madness and despair, and the dead come. She recognizes their despair in hers, and chooses to stay with them, dwelling in her memories of Amroth while she is awake, and dreaming of him while she sleeps. In her madness she willingly participates in their curse. The Valar realize this and further refuse to send Amroth back to her while she is under the curse.

Mithrellas finds her, after a long hard search. She waits on her, and takes care of her. For long years they dwell there, til Nimrodel forgets her name and takes the names given her by the dead. but Although the curse burdens, opresses and wearies her, Mithrellas brings food to Nimrodel and never abandons her. When Elessar breaks the curse and frees the Dead during the War of the Ring, Nimrodel and Mithrellas are freed as well. (Nimrodel is, however, still mad, completely living in memories of Amroth.) They wander west from Erech, through the cleft above the penninsula that juts into the bay of Belfalas, straight to the coast. They follow the coast up through Enedwaith over the mouth of the Isen, up into Miniriath, to the mouth of the Baranduin. There they halt; short of the havens, they turn south and return to Belfalas.

EDIT: or to the vale where they are now.

This progression, with the dreams and songs, should wrap up the tale. Hopefully we can use this as a framework, or as a warp, weaving in the woof of the dreams & songs as we go.

Last edited by mark12_30; 06-01-2008 at 03:33 PM.
Old 05-31-2008, 07:45 AM   #733
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Yike! Have I misinterpreted Mithrellas as too strong of spirit?

More dreams:

http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=391
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=378
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=373

I'm out of time for now. More later.
Old 05-31-2008, 07:48 AM   #734
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

I say, it's raining! We were going to go to the local forest, and hike. BUt we will do our hiking virtually, beside Frodo and Sam. Today we are going to watch Fellowship!

And in between, or besides, or maybe during the "geez couldn't he have put something more important into this space" parts, I wll be poking about in the old story, and maybe adding a bit to the new book... but I will check here periodically.

Alak-- Don't feel like you have to review EVERYTHING before you can post ANYTHING. If something is out of whack we will gently and kindly give you a nudge, so give it a shot. We trust you!
Old 05-31-2008, 07:51 AM   #735
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet View Post
Yike! Have I misinterpreted Mithrellas as too strong of spirit?
NO NO NO, she is more yours than mine!! THat's from an old outline written in the beginning of things (LIKE FOUR OR FIVE YEARS AGO???) so of course it needs adjustment. I put it up more for the map value than the character stuff. THey are who they are, at this point.

In fact let me know where my outline needs Mithrellas-adjustment and I will edit accordingly so that we are all on the same (pro-Mithrellas) page. Nimrodel NEEDS a strong friend, don't weaken her now!
Old 06-01-2008, 06:43 AM   #736
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Whew! Don't worry about the outline. The story that is being finished up is what counts, not the old outline. Thanks for the reassurance.

By the way, I have not forgotten about Jorje. His role will yet be critical. You will see.
Old 06-01-2008, 07:47 AM   #737
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

More dreams:

http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=329
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=299
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=297
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=285
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=282
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=270
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=252

Pages 1 - 6 yet to go, and then I can start on the songs.

I have a plot contradiction to deal with. In posts 290ff, Tharonwe forces Raefindan to dream of himself as Imrazor and of Imrazor killing Mithrellas. Then in recent posts I have had Tharonwe not having realized Mithrellas was even there, caring for Nimrodel. How on earth do I resolve this? What was Tharonwe's reason for trying to confuse Raefindan regarding Mithrellas in the first place? Ack!
Old 06-01-2008, 02:49 PM   #738
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Leaf

Quote:
I have a plot contradiction to deal with. In posts 290ff, Tharonwe forces Raefindan to dream of himself as Imrazor and of Imrazor killing Mithrellas. Then in recent posts I have had Tharonwe not having realized Mithrellas was even there, caring for Nimrodel. How on earth do I resolve this? What was Tharonwe's reason for trying to confuse Raefindan regarding Mithrellas in the first place? Ack!
Maybe it is the strength of Mithrellas herself, who caused Tharonwe to, ahem, forget.

The Valar caused Amroth to "forget" 1000 years of history, and waiting, a couple of times.

Tharonwe's been so busy torturing the important folks he forgot, or perhaps discounted, the quiet unassuming servants. If they're quiet and unassuming, they must be insignificant anyway. ...Just a thought or so. But I like the idea of Mithrellas hiding herself from Tharonwe, and "letting " him conveniently forget her.
Old 06-01-2008, 02:50 PM   #739
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Quote:
Whew! Don't worry about the outline. The story that is being finished up is what counts, not the old outline. Thanks for the reassurance.

By the way, I have not forgotten about Jorje. His role will yet be critical. You will see.

Er, well, I am not WORRIED about theoutline, but I would like to know which parts set off your alarms. Mithrellas is stronger than... what? Specifically?

Wanting to be on the same page, and all.
Old 06-01-2008, 02:59 PM   #740
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Yet more dreams:

http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=209
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=202
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=144
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...20&postcount=9

Don't think I missed any, but who can be sure? Next, the songs.
Old 06-01-2008, 03:06 PM   #741
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Maybe it is the strength of Mithrellas herself, who caused Tharonwe to, ahem, forget.

The Valar caused Amroth to "forget" 1000 years of history, and waiting, a couple of times.

Tharonwe's been so busy torturing the important folks he forgot, or perhaps discounted, the quiet unassuming servants. If they're quiet and unassuming, they must be insignificant anyway. ...Just a thought or so. But I like the idea of Mithrellas hiding herself from Tharonwe, and "letting " him conveniently forget her.
I think it was the part about Mithrellas also forgetting her name; that would to me signify a weakness of spirit that wouldn't jibe with the strength I've come to see in her. I realize that the forgetting had to do with the curse, which I suppose I could allow to stand as it is, but somehow I just can't see Mithrellas giving in completely to such a curse.

I do like your idea about Mithrellas causing Tharonwe to forget about her amid all his concern about Amroth, Erebemlin, and Roy Edwards and Indil, even - which would be perfect irony.
Old 06-01-2008, 03:34 PM   #742
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Quote:
I think it was the part about Mithrellas also forgetting her name; that would to me signify a weakness of spirit that wouldn't jibe with the strength I've come to see in her. I realize that the forgetting had to do with the curse, which I suppose I could allow to stand as it is, but somehow I just can't see Mithrellas giving in completely to such a curse.

Quote:
Mithrellas finds her, after a long hard search. She waits on her, and takes care of her. For long years they dwell there, til Nimrodel forgets her name and takes the names given her by the dead. but Although the curse burdens, opresses and wearies her, Mithrellas brings food to Nimrodel and never abandons her. When Elessar breaks the curse and frees the Dead during the War of the Ring, Nimrodel and Mithrellas are freed as well.
Edited; better?
Old 06-01-2008, 03:56 PM   #743
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

Well, I was working on a post that involved a flash forward to her wandering in the mountains, but then I reread the outline and saw that Mithrellas leaves first, then she finds Amroths body, all before wandering. Not sure how to go about the next part, but I am working on it.

Any advice would be most appreciated as I'm working on the dream sequence stuff.

Thanks!
Old 06-01-2008, 06:21 PM   #744
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Edited; better?
Yup, thanks.

Alak, I really don't know what advice to give you. Just keep at it, and if there are any problems we'll give you gentle feeback. K?
Old 06-01-2008, 07:28 PM   #745
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Also: we don't have to go into grim and gory detail for each and every event. Or we'll be here til 2012.... Somestuff can be flashback, or, 'she remembered forty years of such and such as if it were yesterday..." If you have a "wandering" post that you like, either slap it onto the game thread and see what we think, or, put it up here, and we'll either run with it, or, save it til the right moment, and fit it in that way.

We'll work with ya, Alak!!
Old 06-01-2008, 07:29 PM   #746
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Songs

Mellondu

http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...07&postcount=1

Liornung

http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...1&postcount=48
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...9&postcount=65
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...2&postcount=82 (2nd)
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...3&postcount=87 (2nd)
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...2&postcount=93
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...5&postcount=99
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=116
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=135
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=253
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=259
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=304
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=306
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=389
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=477
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=524
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=621
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=655

Ædegard

http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...2&postcount=82 (1st)
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...6&postcount=83
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...2&postcount=85
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...3&postcount=87 (1st)
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=263
http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showpos...2&postcount=30

Amroth

http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...9&postcount=84
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...7&postcount=94

Bellyn

http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...0&postcount=91
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=223
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=257
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=382
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=552
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=679

Argeleafa

http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=332

Marigold

http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=627

There are very few songs in Tapestry 2. More dreams, though. That is all of them.
Old 06-01-2008, 07:30 PM   #747
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

YeeeeeOW! You da man!!!
Old 06-01-2008, 07:32 PM   #748
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

You're welcome.

My next project is to organize the dreams by who dreamed them.
Old 06-01-2008, 07:36 PM   #749
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Yoicks!

"Tarry in Jerusalem til you are endued with power from on high..." methinks you'll need it...!

Meanwhile I'm off to serenade my pillow.
Old 06-01-2008, 07:45 PM   #750
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

There are times when I think the two of you have had too much coffee.

And I'm going to go with the wandering post...I'll have it up tonight, otherwise, it would be longer to work out something else.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:21 AM   #751
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
There are times when I think the two of you have had too much coffee.
I actually quit drinking the stuff (except for a social cup now and then) this past Feb. But I'm a nut for organization.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:29 AM   #752
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Is anybody keeping an eye on Tharonwe? You have perhaps 6 hours to answer before I post the post in which he acts. It could change everything. You have been warned.
Old 06-02-2008, 05:32 PM   #753
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Er--

Oh.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:27 PM   #754
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Tharonwë has wrought his vengeance. What now, I wonder? Oh, I just realized: Roy Edwards has something yet to do, if it is allowed. I will explain later.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:46 PM   #755
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Dreams

Raefindan

http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...20&postcount=9 (1st)
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=252
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=270
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=282
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=285
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=297
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=299
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=373 (2nd)
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=391
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=558
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=590
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=689
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=693
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=122
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=124
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=151

Mellonin

http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...20&postcount=9 (2nd)
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=329
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=430
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=494
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=153

Amroth

http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=144
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=202
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=209
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=415
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=470
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=605
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=696

Gwyllion

http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=373 (1st)
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=431
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=518
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=527
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=532

Bellyn

http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=378
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=439
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=508
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=522
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=535
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...1&postcount=18

Mellondu

http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=594
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=101

Erebemlin

http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=596

Ædegard

http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=602 (1st)

Jorje

http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=602 (2nd)

Aeron

http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=602 (3rd)
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...3&postcount=11
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...9&postcount=59

Argeleafa

http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=603

Indil

http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=105

Ravion

http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=149
http://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=150

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 06-03-2008 at 07:34 PM.
Old 06-03-2008, 06:24 PM   #756
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Okay, so, that's fatal.

I'm flummoxed.

I guess that's one way to end the story a lot faster.
Old 06-03-2008, 06:42 PM   #757
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Well, we don't have to leave it that way; but you can bet Tharonwë would do that if there was "no eagles", as we say. I'm open to possibilities. Perhaps I wrote the worst case scenario. I would like to see what can be made of it, though. Here are some options:
  • Mellondu is dead and Amroth is marooned with Nimrodel but Aeron and Gwyllion are there to aid them, being ghosts, and this has been their destiny from the get-go.
  • Raefindan runs to Mellondu instead of toward Tharonwë and applies 21st century medical knowledge vis a vi breaking the arrow on both ends then applying pressure to the neck, so that Mellondu does not lose blood.
  • Raefindan effects some of the same power he exhibited in overthrowing Tharonwë's will by miraculously healing both Mellondu and Erebemlin, or even raising them from the dead.
  • Jorje sees what's about to happen and tackles Tharonwë before he can get the first arrow off and it flies awry but mortally wounds Leafa who with her dying breath sings that one song's final verse to Ædegard: "It will not be long love till our wedding day".
  • Raefindan sees "in his spirit" (being who and what he is) realizes what's about to happen and interferes somehow.

These are the options I can think of. Others? What do you think? Erebemlin's fate is not certain.

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 06-03-2008 at 07:09 PM.
Old 06-03-2008, 07:35 PM   #758
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

The post with dreams listed by dreamer is complete. Some day I'm going to have to read this whole story from beginning to end. It's really quite a tale we've wrought here.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:02 PM   #759
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

What would Mithrellas do in this situation? Would she or could she rush to the blacksmith and Erebemlin to provide some sort of Elvish care, prayer, or healing?

If Erebemlin survives, I see him losing his speech, which would provide some interesting and challenging writing.
Old 06-04-2008, 04:45 AM   #760
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I have the solution. Please continue to put together your posts as if nothing has happened. Writing those options and then sleeping on it has helped me know what to do. Originally I saw this all from Tharonwe's point of view, and now I see it from Raefindan's. I'm going to keep you in suspense for just a little bit, but I need at least one of you to post before I do again. Let me reiterate: please continue as if nothing in that last post has happened.