The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-12-2002, 09:20 PM   #1
Kithrčna Greenarrow Legolas
Wight

Kithrčna Greenarrow Legolas has just left Hobbiton.
Eye LordOfTheRings DREAMS

I aplogize if this thread has allready been posted. And also aplogize for My spelling.

Have any of you ever had any sorta dream about Lord Of The Rings, be it book or movie or both? I know I've had quite a few Myself.

I think I'll post one of the ones I can actually recall without goofing up....WARNING, this is a fangirlish type dream:

I was walking thorugh this forrest that was lighted with golden sunlight. Tons of trees and there was a river about half a mile to the right of Me that you could hear loudly.
Well, as I'm walking, suddenlly theres this tall, long blond haired dude in front of Me. I feel drwan towards this person so I quicken My pace and I call "Hello? Excuse Me?"
The dude starts to turn around and suddenlly the place changed and we'er in this place with a GAINT waterfall in the background with a pool, the moons out and shineing blue and extreemly bright and theres springy green(I have dreams in color) grass under foot.
When the dude finally gets turned around (He took his time about it) its Legolas dressed like he was in Lothorin in the movie.
Next thing you know, the song "My Heart Will Go On" from titanic Starts to play (The Instermental version, No Celin Dion) And he comes running towads Me and wraps Me in his arms and starts kissing My forhead, running his fingers thorugh My hair.
Dureing this, he's mutterig stuff I cant make out, proubably sweet nothing talk and then one string of words sounds loud and clear
"Lisa Marie Coll***, I love you more than you'll ever know and no matter wether or not I'm not real outside your dreams, I'm real in your heart and thats what counts. I'll allways love you My sweet" And then he kissed Me on the lips...........And then My grandfather threw a glass of icewater on My face and I woke up [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] (It was 11:00 in the morning)
OHHH I was so angry at him for the next week!...And he didnt even know why!...I never told him [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I do sometimes have the freakiest dreams.

I also admit I got the idea for this post off another site...I'm shameless [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 10-13-2002, 01:28 PM   #2
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

I did have a dream that I was Turin Turambar and I killed a whole lot of Orcs. The setting for the dream was my grandparents living room.

Hmmm.....
Old 10-13-2002, 01:42 PM   #3
Galadrie1
Shade of Carn Dűm

Galadrie1 has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Quote:
I aplogize if this thread has allready been posted.
This thread has already been done here.
"For this is what your folk would call magic, I believe; though I do not understand clearly what they mean; and they seem to use the same word of the deceits of the Enemy. But this, if you will, is the magic of Galadriel."
Galadrie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2002, 01:45 PM   #4
Eruialiwen
Haunting Spirit

Eruialiwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Eruialiwen
Eye

Wowza...I would've liked to have had that dream [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I haven't dreamt of anything LOTR-related as of yet...not that I remember, anyway. But for several nights in a row I dreamt I was in my kitchen, quiver on my back and a readied bow in my hands, and staring apprehensively at the front door...but before whatever I was waiting for could come in, I woke up!
Old 10-13-2002, 03:46 PM   #5
Taure Leafsilver
Wight

Taure Leafsilver has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Taure Leafsilver
Sting

well this is kinda LOTR related..
i had a dream that our foot ball team's band (which im in) went to the next football game in an air plane and sean astin (sam) and elijah wood (must i tell you?*sigh* frodo) came with us! They were in there LOTR costumes to!
Old 10-13-2002, 09:48 PM   #6
Wight

Eye

Quote:
This thread has already been done here.
That was just saying "What you would do" If you had the dream, I'm just askin' what the dream was...Oh well'p, I dont mean to argue...

I also had a dream just LAST NIGHT that I was a hobbit and I was on a adventure with Frodo to Rivendell to meet Elrond who ahd invited us to a sleep over [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 10-14-2002, 12:47 PM   #7
LadyElbereth
Wight

LadyElbereth has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I had a dream that I was an elf in Lothlorien who had fallen in love with Aragorn. Anyhoo, my dream was so Cinderella type, with the evil stepmother and everything, but the evil stepmother was Galadriel [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] !! It was horrible, she locked me up in a room and Aragorn was getting married to Arwen that same day!!! I tried to get out, but by the time my stupid self figured out that there was a skylight (it was more like a hole) was in the ceiling and I finally climbed out,He had already married Arwen!!! I cried for days, then I totally forgot about Aragorn and fell in love with Legolas. Then I died.
*THE END*
Anyway...yeah...
Old 10-14-2002, 01:36 PM   #8
Orodoliel
Haunting Spirit

Orodoliel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

You guys all have some pretty interesting dreams! [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

I wish I did but mine are always dull [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-14-2002, 02:12 PM   #9
Galadrie1
Shade of Carn Dűm

Galadrie1 has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Quote:
That was just saying "What you would do" If you had the dream
Yes, that was what the thread was when it was first started, but now it's just people posting LotR dreams that they've had, much like what's happening on this thread.
"For this is what your folk would call magic, I believe; though I do not understand clearly what they mean; and they seem to use the same word of the deceits of the Enemy. But this, if you will, is the magic of Galadriel."
Galadrie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 12:08 PM   #10
Wight

Eye

OP! *Laps forhead* My bad! Sowy!
I was to lazy to read through the entire thing....Man I've been a minace lately.....
Old 10-15-2002, 07:25 PM   #11
Eglaladiel
Haunting Spirit

Eglaladiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

tee-he! funny fangirlish dream. LOL! ok, here is mine!
WARNING: ANOTHER FANGIRLISH DREAM.(its not my fault!)

im watching tv in my living room when orlando bloom (dressed in his character's costume) comes in and says "excuse me, where is the washroom?" and he is looking sooooo cute and lost, like u know; that confused legolas look, so anyways i tell him its on the left down the hall." but im like in shock! "what is he doing in my house" im thinking. finally he comes back and he leaves.

then im like OK... and then i continue watching tv. then Elijah wood comes in and he is like "i've been looking for u!" and im like "what for?" and so im drooling and staring at him. (i might have been drooling in my sleep.) and elijah says" orlando told me u would be here." so, im in my living room, elijah wood is only a couple inches away from my face, and im like stuttering (i remember quite vividly. this is not a dream to forget!) so im like" oh really."
"can i kiss u?" elijah says, and he is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute, w/ his big blue eyes, and he is leaning over to kiss me and then i blink and we are in rivendell, and the LEGOLAS comes out of no where and he is like "wait, stop! Ari i LOVE you! wait!" and he runs up to us and im like "y didnt u tell me when u used the washroom?" and he is like "cuz i really had to go!" and so elijah disappears. (boo-hoo!) and legolas leans over me and i close my eyes...waiting for the kiss, and then, at 5:45 am my alarm clock goes off. i think i like smashed it. i might wanna see if a still have it....ANYWAYS yup that was my dream. it was all real. i even wrote it down after i woke up so i wouldnt forget it. uggghhhh! i was sooo close! TWICE!
Old 10-15-2002, 08:07 PM   #12
LadyElbereth
Wight

LadyElbereth has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

lol,I can't help but laugh at that one, Eglaladiel. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 10-15-2002, 08:45 PM   #13
Jeli Baggins
Haunting Spirit

Jeli Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Jeli Baggins
Sting

i was reading sumwhere that the dreams you have, have sumthing to do w/ ur past day(s). Like for example, if you eat a cheese sandwich, your dream might have a slice of cheese in it. (sry about to food example, it's just that it's always on my mind [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] )

so neway, every night i read sum of the Hobbit, or whatever JRRT book i'm on at the time, and the night of my lotr dream, i was on the part where Bilbo was talking about the trolls picking him up by his toes. in my dream, my metal shop teacher came over to me and said sumthin like "you don't wanna mess w/ me b/c i'm 6 foot 4" (he was joking around like he always does, and he's not really that tall, but in my metal shop, i am the shortest by far, and there's a reallly tall senior in there) so he came over to me and picked me up, flipped me over, and held me up by my toes! haha ok i thought it was funny [img]smilies/redface.gif[/img]
i had other awesome ones too, but i already posted them elsewhere....
by the way i keep a dream journal, u guys should too they come in handy (i don't really noe y yet)
"My dear Frodo! Hobbits really are amazing creatures. You can learn all that there is to know about their ways in a month, and yet after a hundred years they can still surprise you." ~ Gandalf to Frodo
Jeli Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 02:26 PM   #14
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rose Cotton has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I had a dream that I was Sam and my friend was Frodo and we were going on a quest. It was strange because the setting was my yard.

I wasn't smart like you guys and I didn't write down the dream so I can't remember all the details.
Old 10-17-2002, 08:06 PM   #15
Eglaladiel
Haunting Spirit

Eglaladiel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

OH MI! I HAD ANOTHER DREAM! so im posting it here. it was kinda negative but read on:

this is my dream: i woke up and looked at my clock and it read 8:45 am. and im like "Poop! (the nice version of u noe wat)"

so im like rushing everything. and my dream was so realistic, i mean i wake up like that every morning! anyways, im rushing to school and im 5 minutes late. and then i go to my class and i go in and every one is quiet *thats strange* i think. i look up and Gandalf is the substitute teacher. i swear. but for some weird reason he hated my guts and kept sending me to the corner of the room. so i finally realy got ****ed and im like " oh, i really like ur teaching method u old fart! wait till i tell my teacher that u've been doing this to me for no reason!" and gandalf is all mad and huffy and he says "go in the corner and think about wat u just said!" and i stuck up my middle finger and so he is like *gasp, gasp. SHOCK!* so he sends me down to the office and i get sent home.

on my way out i start cussing at him in some weird language. i have no idea wat i said but i was reallymad.

so basically i had no control over my dreams but that was it. but wat im trully curious about was wat i said to Gandalf the Grey! LOL!
Old 10-17-2002, 08:38 PM   #16
Aireglin
Pile O'Bones

Aireglin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

LOL these are some interesting dreams ^_^ I will contribute one of mine as well...

The night moon watches over us. There is Legolas, Frodo, Samwise, Pippin, Merry, Strider, Gimli, Bormir and I sitting around a camp fire in the woods. Suddenly a faint voice is heard about us. "Can you hear that?" I say looking about us. "Hear what?" says Legolas, the intier party looking at me. "The voice...Can none of you hear it?" I say feeling a bit worried. "I hear nothing..." says Strider looking about. At this point everyone is in a confused state looking about. "I dun't hear anythin'" says Pippin shrugging. "My either, and dwarves are known for there good hearing too!" says Gimli, convinced I was making joke. "No! I can hear someone or something...They speak in a language that I have never heard, too" Frodo yawns and lays down, "Maybe it is just the wind playing tricks with you...this forest has been known to do strange things, I wouldn't mind it" He says lazyly driffting into sleep. "Yes...you are probably right Master Frodo." I say trying to ignore the voice. Suddenly everyone about me begins to yawn. "Strange...I wasn't this tired awile ago" says Legolas laying down near a tree. "A nice nap would do me good" says Pippin and Merry laying down together. Strider, Gimli and Sam soon fallow them and I realize I am the only one awake. "Master Frodo...? Strider sir..?" I say, no longer conserned with any voices. They don't so much as sture in there sleep. I slowly get up and walk to Merry and Pippin (who at the time were closest to me) "Excuse me...Merry...Pippin..it is not time to sleep...we will be leaving soon, you can't sleep now." Nothing...not a movement or sound. I shake them gently. They still don't move. The hairs on the back of my neck stand up as the voice get louder and I hear a low thump. 'no no no...I have to get them up...

Then I wake up...rats eh?-_-
"N..Nothing important...that is I heard a good deal about a ring, and a dark lord, and something about the end of the world but please mister Gandalf sir don't hurt me...don't turn me into anything...un-natural" ~Samwise Gamgee, Movie
Aireglin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 11:32 PM   #17
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen1858 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arwen1858
Silmaril

I have very many strange dreams, unfortunatly, no LOTR related ones, yet. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2002, 10:47 AM   #18
arelendil
Wight

arelendil has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

i have many LOTR dreams. i had a really freaky one where there was a cult in my school.
Me and someone else where walking around the school but it was midnight when i ran in to the headmaster who told us to go to assembly. so we went to the hall but it was outside, i mean there was a roof but there was grass underfoot and stars.anyway, we walked up a huge hill to the top where there was a ring made of benches and in the middle a fire. then the teachers started to call people forward only about five and they all started dancing.the teachers sprinkled some powder on them and the magical turned into elves. i sprang up and begged to be allowed to join but then my teacher turned around and it was Galadriel!!
she said to me "Where they have gone you cannot follow." then suddenly the "elves" were carried away by giant eagles and i was left screaming something at them before i woke up!
I've also had many dreams were i get carried off by giant eagles! and many, many, many where i'm alone in Eryn Lasgalen with my legolas!! not the movie version, my version has gorgeous silvery hair down his back!! okay all stop now before i bore you!
Old 10-24-2002, 01:33 PM   #19
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

I've had lots of dreams involving Middle Earth. Some of them involve me taking on armies by myself, and some are of a different nature and usually involve Luthien, Arwen, or Galadriel.
The one that I have the most is that I'm hanging out with the Ents drinking their miracle grow juice until I'm the height that I want to be.
(I'm 5-9, not too bad, but I've always wanted to be taller)
Old 10-24-2002, 02:37 PM   #20
dragoneyes
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

dragoneyes has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

u guys all have such story-like dreams, mine are just odd, and here's my odd LotR one

I was with the fellowship and we were in a hotel and they were all lying down to sleep on mattresses on the floor, but Sam wasn't there, so I went to the window, got a vine and swung to the next window along (who am I? Tarzan?) and there was Sam all snug in a nice big bed with a burning fire and it was very warm, so I told him it was unfair and the rest of the fellowship said "Why?" (I don't know how on earth they got there) and i think I explained to them how fairness works and then I woke up.
Old 10-25-2002, 12:40 AM   #21
Matthew2754
Pile O'Bones

Matthew2754 has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Hey Kithrena, all my friends tell me that if i were to grow my hair out (I shave it) I would look like Legolas. Heh heh. I'm serious. I don;'t thinl so but thats what they tell me. I had a dream that I was a Nazgul, but not really. I was like a spy for the Fellowship in the Morgul team. creepy
Matthew2754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2002, 02:34 AM   #22
orlandoandsaran
Haunting Spirit

orlandoandsaran has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to orlandoandsaran
Shield

You guys sure have some interesting dreams! I do have interesting dreams but they are not LOTR related.
Old 10-25-2002, 11:36 AM   #23
arelendil
Wight

arelendil has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

i just had the best dream ever!! i was in an ice cream palour (even if we don't have them in england)and was being fed ice cream by MY version of legolas until Gandalf came in and told us off. We then ran out Laughing our heads off!!
Old 10-25-2002, 11:38 AM   #24
Demloth of Dol Amroth
Wight

Demloth of Dol Amroth has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

don't think i have had a lotr-related dream yet, which is quite odd. the dreams i do have are bizarre-not sick, mind you, just bizarre. for example-riding a flying carpet through a junkyard while being chased by a t--rex. I DON'T DO DRUGS EITHER (just for clarification). i have had a few dreams which I saw some time later-which was a little creepy. one of my friends said he had a dream where i challenged a teacher to a sword duel because he insulted my girlfriend. the odd thing is i don't have one (a girlfriend)-would be nice, but i don't. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] he also said i was taller and wearing stylized leather armor. hope that dream should come true. oh yeah, i think he woke up before the duel ended, but he thinks i won. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ October 25, 2002: Message edited by: Demloth of Dol Amroth ]
Old 10-25-2002, 11:16 PM   #25
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Tigerlily Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tigerlily Gamgee
Silmaril

This dream doesn't have to do with me being in Middle Earth, but it's funny nevetheless...

I dreamed a couple nights ago that it was the day before TTT was going to be released and I wanted to catch the midnight showing (be the first to see it, ya know). Well, in my dream I was trying desparately to buy tickets online, but it wasn't working. As last, around 11:30 at night I give up and run to the nearest theatre. It's packed and I can't find which theatre TTT is playing in. At last I find it and there is no seat and I can hardly see the screen!!! Anyway... that's when I woke up only to realize how long I really have to wait to see the movie. Bummer!
Tigerlily Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 10:49 AM   #26
Mlo
Haunting Spirit

Mlo has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I havent really had any LotR dreams, but I've dreamt about meeting Elijah 3 times, once on his b-day (don't know why really, coz I'm not an FL...) and I got his autograph two times, in my dreams that is...

And once I dreamt that I was making an interview with Viggo about Moral Princips (whatever that is), and I also have PJ's autograph. Hehehe, I must be obsessed with getting autographs...

[ October 26, 2002: Message edited by: Mlo ]
Mlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 11:43 AM   #27
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Tigerlily Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tigerlily Gamgee
Silmaril

That's funny because I have dreamt of meeting him too...

In one dream I was acting in a really lame horror film with him & we were being chased by a weiner dog with a boar's head (with an apple in it's mouth)...
Then I had another where I was just hanging out with him at some theatre somewhere.

Oh yeah, then there was the one where I was leading Sam and Frodo through the Dead Marshes (but I was just dressed in normal, modern street apparel).
Tigerlily Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 03:50 PM   #28
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

These are all very cool dreams, but I think I've got you all beat, as far as weirdness goes. I dreamed I was in Mordor [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img], only they were the good guys ( [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] again) and Gondor and everyone else was the bad guys (gasp!). And there was a dragon airforce-type thing there and everyone was getting ready for battle. (There were orcs all over the place) Anyway, I was up with the dragons, and I fall of a balcony-dealie type thing and there are all these spikes down below, but one of the dragons flies down and catches me (like the eagle in FotR catching Gandalf). Then the armies started going out, and I was going with them, but then I woke up. (As a result, I chucked my alarm clock across the room :rolleyes [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Wish I could've finished that dream. Maybe Sauron would have won... [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
Old 11-07-2002, 03:57 PM   #29
gollum*elf*pup
Shade of Carn Dűm

gollum*elf*pup has just left Hobbiton.
I had a dream where Madam Pomfrey (from hp) had turned into Gollum. He was sitting at a little desk and he was wearing a nurse's outfit and he was trying to steal all the patient's jewelry.
Old 11-07-2002, 09:22 PM   #30
Manwe Sulimo
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Manwe Sulimo has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Manwe Sulimo
Sting

I had a dream about...two weeks ago, now....where I'm pretty sure I was Aragorn, in the Pelennor. I was killing lots of Orcs and Nazgűl, but something really sad happened. Boromir got killed by the Witch-king...which is funny, since he was already dead....

Anyway, I woke up and moped through the day, really sad, until I remember what my dream had been about.

(Minas Tirith was the size of a barn, for some reason).

I need help....
Old 11-07-2002, 09:45 PM   #31
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen1858 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arwen1858
Eye

Quote:
I need help....
No more so than the rest of us here!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Arwen
Old 11-08-2002, 08:30 PM   #32
Sleeping Beauty
Wight

Location: Somewhere between the back of the chair and the monitor
Sleeping Beauty has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sleeping Beauty Send a message via MSN to Sleeping Beauty Send a message via Yahoo to Sleeping Beauty
Tolkien

Those are great. And I thought I had weird dreams. The only LOTR dream I ever had was one when I was stuck in bed with the flu and it was medicine induced. I was Frodo, my roommate was Sam, and all my friends and professors were characters. My history professor was Elrond. And my best friend was Gandalf, so I now how the fellowship felt at the Bridge when he fought with the Balrog. *sniffs* Anyway, thanks for the great dreams. They were the best laugh I have had all day!
Old 11-08-2002, 08:58 PM   #33
Beruthiel
Shade of Carn Dűm

Beruthiel has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

like the only dreams i ever have of lotr are when i'm day dreaming
usually i just dream about walking round in lothlorien or rivendell. sometimes i think i'm arwen in that bit in the movie with aragorn, the really sweet bit in rivendell, its so pretty [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2002, 02:36 PM   #34
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

I had a dream that I was at my grandparents house (a sure sign that a LotR character's gonna turn up) and I rang the doorbell and Eowyn answered. I said "Hi" but she just walked off into the next room and vanished, so I was a bit gutted.

Maybe she just didn't like the look of me.
Old 11-10-2002, 12:19 AM   #35
Morquesse
Wight

Morquesse has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Lol, Eomer! Maybe you dreamt about her because of your name. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Anyway, in one dream there was Frodo and Sam (my version) But this Sam was different from the Book one, he had a temper and was very clever, but still good. Anyway they were trying to sneak through a country to get to Mordor, but were captured(Oh no!) Then there was a part I do not remember well, where Sam used his cleverness, or something like that. Anyway a fat daughter of the king decided to let them loose (without permission)and F&S slipped through by swimming/wading in deep, still and murky water.
I also had dreams about the hobbit actors and the Extended Version, but I do not remember the details.
See ya, [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
~M