The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2007, 10:16 PM   #721
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggytubs
I dreamt that I was outdoors somewhere with Hookbill and some other guy who I can't remember very well. Hookbill told us a joke, but neither of us got it because it was some sort of linguistic pun. A whiteboard appeared behind Hookbill, and he wrote it out so we finally understood it.
Simple. You're really two people and your collective (not individual) i.q. is 130-ish.

The outside element means that it's a "natural" or "right" or "correct" thing that I'm interpreting.

And Hookbill with a whiteboard - he is explaining that spelling is as simple and as weirdly crumbly under your fingers as the dry-erase markers he was undoubtedly using.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 02:53 AM   #722
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
The BD-dream Automat reports...

I had a drwam that I was to be a wolf in Rikae's upcoming ww game, and the other wolves were to be Saucepan and Legate. So, watch out!
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 03:37 AM   #723
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien
I had a drwam that I was to be a wolf in Rikae's upcoming ww game, and the other wolves were to be Saucepan and Legate. So, watch out!
Oh, that sounds... quite... interesting. (Mwahaha! Let's delete these posts so that no one notices and tell Rikae )

But seriously, Lommy, are you sure it's all right with your dreams lately?
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 06:06 AM   #724
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc
But seriously, Lommy, are you sure it's all right with your dreams lately?
No... It makes me wonder what's wrong with me since I'm having weird (or less weird) BD dreams almost every night....
Old 05-10-2007, 07:36 AM   #725
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I certainly seem to have made quite an impression on Lommy's subconscious mind...

I would like to say that, while Mac and I actually are red armchairs sitting on a red couch, I can neither confirm or deny reports of Lommy, Sauce and Legate's wolfishness.

There will be four wolves in my game, anyway.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 04:56 PM   #726
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
In the middle of one of my random dreams last night there was a bit where i was in a crowded room and I was really angry. Then Rune came along and told me that I just had to go and listen to some Justin Timberlake and it would be OK!

I woke up and thought Eh?!

Old 05-12-2007, 05:29 PM   #727
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
A few nights ago I had a dream that I was in a a rather big modern house, staying for there the night because I was in a foreign town because of some meeting. There were many pretty identical rooms, but one of the was Rune's room which he gave to me for some reason (he wasn't in the dream). So I asked "Where is Rune's room" and slept there in a corner on a mat.
Old 05-13-2007, 01:52 AM   #728
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Just a little bit of observation, is it just me or is Rune, at least lately, the most frequent "dream-visitor"?
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 05-13-2007, 02:19 AM   #729
The Sixth Wizard
Shade of Carn Dûm

The Sixth Wizard has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to The Sixth Wizard
Actually two nights ago I had a dream that there were 1,500 messages in my PM Inbox and I could only get rid of 33 at a time. Yes, those were the exact numbers. It was very annoying in the dream because I had a grim feeling there was some real-life obligation I had in ten minutes or so but I had to get rid of all these first or no-one could PM me!

...Wierd.
The Sixth Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 02:41 AM   #730
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Just a little bit of observation, is it just me or is Rune, at least lately, the most frequent "dream-visitor"?
Well then, I guess I'll have to add...
I had a dream that Macalaure and I were going to cook something, but when we opened the oven, we found The Guy who be Short hiding inside. Then TGWBS turned into Rune...

That's actually the second dream I had involving Macalaure and cooking, oddly. The other was that we were in the kitchen of the house where I lived at 13, with my mother, cooking breakfast. I thought the eggs had gone bad, but Mac thought they weren't and wanted to cook them.

*REALLY does not want to hear an interpretation of this, Freudian or otherwise!*
Old 05-13-2007, 02:46 AM   #731
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
I had a dream that Macalaure and I were going to cook something, but when we opened the oven, we found The Guy who be Short hiding inside. Then TGWBS turned into Rune...

That's actually the second dream I had involving Macalaure and cooking, oddly. The other was that we were in the kitchen of the house where I lived at 13, with my mother, cooking breakfast. I thought the eggs had gone bad, but Mac thought they weren't and wanted to cook them.

*REALLY does not want to hear an interpretation of this, Freudian or otherwise!*

Well, personally I think it's quite easy to come to a conclusion, but since you don't want to hear anything, I'm shutting up...
Old 05-13-2007, 03:08 AM   #732
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:

Well, personally I think it's quite easy to come to a conclusion, but since you don't want to hear anything, I'm shutting up...
Yeah, it kind of begs for a certain interpretation, doesn't it?
Old 05-13-2007, 06:24 AM   #733
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Quote:
Jealuse?

I am actually quite pleased with this development and especially Lal's dream gave me a good laugh. (not that I did not like Rikea's oven)

Earlier I used to have BD-Dreams all the time, but I never featured in any. . . Now I only have dreams about internet relations seldomly, but when I do I often have a bundle.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 06:41 AM   #734
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne
Jealuse?
Not at all jealuse. I just thought it might deserve some sort of sociological, psychological, parahypotetoropohumomaniacal... study... or whatever...
Old 05-13-2007, 06:45 AM   #735
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
damn. . .

anyways I shall be most interested in the result if you ever make such a study.

Old 05-13-2007, 08:51 AM   #736
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
I had a dream that Macalaure and I were going to cook something, but when we opened the oven, we found The Guy who be Short hiding inside.

I'm your son? Wow.

I remember dreaming that I was cycling, and Lhuny shouted at me "I've discovered a new chemical boys secrete when exercising! You'll be releasing it now!" But I zoomed down a hill and away before I could reply.

She looked just like her pic.
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 09:47 AM   #737
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by the guy who be short
I'm your son? Wow.
Apparently, you and Rune are the REAL first BarrowDowns babies.
Old 05-13-2007, 09:56 AM   #738
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Did we cook him?

Quote:
I never thought to be named in one sentence with "cooking" twice in one post.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 07:07 AM   #739
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Last night I dreamt that durelin annouced on her livejournal that the Vatican had declared independence. Dream-me got confused about who it had declared independence from, and decided it was Israel for some reason; in reality it was probably from the Church/Basilica. Which is only slightly less bizarre.

There is a backstory but I warn you, it doesn't involve BDs or Tolkien and is somewhat nonsensical. Here goes.

In some far off place, there was a powerful witch who was going around killing all the less important witches and wizards. She imprisoned one such withc in her castle. The ghosts of all the murdered witches and wizards came back one night and raided the castle in vengeance; about this time the castle, while retaining its looks, became the Vatican, and the witch locked up in irons became me. The ghosts took the Pope (probably the High Witch transformed; he looked nothing like the real Pope, and more like Lord Farquaad) and locked him up next to me.

Then the raid was over and afterwards somebody freed the Pope, but left me there. I was only freed later, and I don't really remember the rest. For some reason, though, all this lead to the Vatican declaring independence from the Pope.

This was inspired by an episode of the Fairly Oddparents.

And yes, I do have odd dreams. It's got to the point where I prefer dreaming to waking. In the past week alone, in the dream-world, I've explored Ancient Egyptian tombs, observed Iraq invading France and the subsequent effects on the British public transport system, and dreamt a few coherent stories with cool plots.
Old 05-14-2007, 07:31 AM   #740
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
And yes, I do have odd dreams. It's got to the point where I prefer dreaming to waking.
Well, at least you're not the only one, I assure you that. Sincerely,
the girl who just dreamed she was a water-goddess and swam with fish asking them if they had seen the tailless cat from a Swedish children's book
Old 05-14-2007, 08:22 AM   #741
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

I have those sorts of dreams sometimes too. Actually, as kids, my little brother and I discovered we were dreaming of the same non-existant castles, cities, etc. and made a map of them.

For some reason, Lord Farquaad as the Pope seems quite reasonable.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:48 AM   #742
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Quote:
Well, at least you're not the only one, I assure you that. Sincerely,
the girl who just dreamed she was a water-goddess and swam with fish asking them if they had seen the tailless cat from a Swedish children's book
Did you go looking for "Pelle Haleløs" ? (Don't know what the exact swedish tranlation would be)

I just have odd dreams where everybody is named Pelle and are dancing in magical showers, while I am racing one of my best friends too a grossery shop to sign this kid for a football club.

I am quite sure that there was a Downer who in my dream was one of the many Pelles, but I am not sure who. . .I want to say Lal or Mac. (because they resemble each other so)

Old 05-14-2007, 08:58 AM   #743
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Here we go again!

TGWBS' dreams:

Feanor 10
kath 5
formendacil 5
Lhuna 5
littlemanpoet 4
Encaitare 4
Eomer of the rohirrim 4
the phantom 4
mormegil 3
orominuialwen 3
Barrow Wight 2
nilp 2
the only real estel 2
lalwende 2
Durelin 2
Thinlomien 2
davem 1
beren87 1
Anguirel 1
holbytlass 1
dancing spawn of ungoliant 1
Celuien 1
Gilgalad 1
Firefoot 1
glingleglingleglinglefairy 1
Heren Istarion 1
wilwarin 1
Alatar 1
bucktardo 1
boromir 1
piosenniel 1
Shelob 1
mithalwen 1
sleepy ranger 1
Guinevere 1
Meneltarmacil 1
Lalaith 1
Nogrod 1
Saucepan Man 1
Fordim 1
Brinniel 1
Rune 1
Hookbill 1

TGWBS: 43 different people in dreams. 86 dream-people. 68 total dreams. Average 1.26 people per dream. 1 new person dreamt of every 1.58 dreams. Started dreaming 19/05/2005 (725 days ago), so 1 new dream every 10.7 days.

Oddwen's Dreams:

TGWBS - 8
EomerotR - 5
Diamond18 - 5
Nilp - 3
the phantom - 3
Mithalwen - 3
Fea - 3
Thinlomien - 3
Hookbill - 3
Gurthang - 2
Bethberry - 2
SPM - 2
B88 - 2
Menel - 2
Lalwende - 2
Davem - 2
TorEstel - 2
Glirdan - 2
Formy - 2
malkatoj - 1
Da BW - 1
Zali of Willowbottom - 1
Elf-warrior - 1
Durelin - 1
Nogrod - 1
Oliphaunts_rule - 1
Estelyn - 1
TomBrady12 - 1
Volo - 1

Oddwen: 29 different people in dreams. 66 dream-people. 34 total dreams. Average 1.94 people per dream. 1 new person dreamt of every 1.17 dreams. Started dreaming 17/05/2005 (727 says ago), so 1 dream every 21.4 days.

Lommy's dreams:

Kath - 7
Anguirel - 5
mormegil - 4
Rikae - 4
Dancing Spawn of Ungoliant - 4
Macalaure - 4
mithalwen - 3
LMP - 3
Lhunardawen - 3
Roa - 3
Rune - 3
eomer - 3
Sleepy Ranger - 2
Glirdan - 2
Spm - 2
tgwbs - 2
Boro88 - 2
durelin - 2
Legate - 2
Diamond - 2
Saucepan Man -2
Caranlondien - 1
Wilwarin - 1
Jenny - 1
menel - 1
Fea - 1
the phantom - 1
Lalwende - 1
Fordim - 1
Estelyn Telcontar - 1
Paavo - 1
Dunwen - 1
Nilp - 1
kuruharan - 1
Cailin - 1
Celuien - 1
Firefoot - 1
piosenniel - 1
alatar - 1

Lommy: 39 different people in dreams. 82 dream-people. 43 total dreams. Average 1.91 people per dream. 1 new person dreamt of every 1.10 dreams. Started dreaming 01/06/2005 (713 days ago), so 1 new dream every 16.6 days.

So, in conclusion, as of today:

TGWBS: 43 different people in dreams. 86 dream-people. 68 total dreams. Average 1.26 people per dream. 1 new person dreamt of every 1.58 dreams. Started dreaming 19/05/2005 (725 days ago), so 1 new dream every 10.7 days.

Oddwen: 29 different people in dreams. 66 dream-people. 34 total dreams. Average 1.94 people per dream. 1 new person dreamt of every 1.17 dreams. Started dreaming 17/05/2005 (727 says ago), so 1 dream every 21.4 days.

Lommy: 40 different people in dreams. 82 dream-people. 43 total dreams. Average 1.91 people per dream. 1 new person dreamt of every 1.10 dreams. Started dreaming 01/06/2005 (713 days ago), so 1 new dream every 16.6 days.

Compared to this on 21/3/07:

TGWBS: 38 different people in dreams. 75 dream-people. 60 total dreams. Average 1.25 people per dream. 1 new person dreamt of every 1.58 dreams.

Oddwen: 28 different people in dreams. 62 dream-people. 31 total dreams. Average 2 people per dream. 1 new person dreamt of every 1.11 dreams.

Lommy: 28 different people in dreams. 51 dream-people. 27 total dreams. Average 1.89 people per dream. 1 new person dreamt of every 0.96 dreams.

It's interesting to note that how often we dream of a new person (somebody we have not dreamt of before) has remained quite stable. The only noteworthy thing is that Lommy has now passed the 1.00 barrier, meaning she no longer on average dreams of somebody knew in each dream she has, as before. Her rate of dreaming of new people is slowing.

The average people in each dream remains almost the same, thought the gap between Oddy and Lommy is closing.

I still have the most dreams, and the most dream-people overall. However, Lommy's subconscious seems to be exploding at an incredible rate and has almost as many dream-people as I do, and almost as many different Downers within them. I predicted this would happen in March.

Oddwen is stagnating.

For the first time today, I have also included the dream frequency. I was astounded by how early we all started dreaming, and also by the fact that we all started fairly close to one another. I found that I dream exactly twice as frequently as Oddwen, with Lommy somewhere inbetween us.

So, future predictions remain more or less the same. I will continue to have the most dreams of all of us. Lommy will soon surpass me and have the most dream-people due to a combination of populous dreams and fairly frequent dreaming. She will also have the most different Downers in her dreams. The only thing I change from my verdict in March is that Lommy may end up with more populous dreams than Oddwen, leaving Oddwen no first place prize at all!

Yes. I do take pleasure in doing this.

Last edited by the guy who be short; 05-14-2007 at 09:03 AM. Reason: minor mathematical error
Old 05-14-2007, 06:37 PM   #744
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
TGWBS - you've dreamed of me at least once too.

And as for my - burarum - stagnation, I propose it to be the result of actually being able to sleep.

Old 05-15-2007, 02:42 AM   #745
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne
Did you go looking for "Pelle Haleløs" ? (Don't know what the exact swedish tranlation would be)
Pekka Töpöhäntä in Finnish, Pelle Svanlös in Swedish if I recall correctly. Yes, that was him. I still wonder why he ended up in my dream.

TGWBS - that's interesting and amusing.
Old 05-15-2007, 03:34 AM   #746
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Quote:
Pekka Töpöhäntä in Finnish, Pelle Svanlös in Swedish if I recall correctly. Yes, that was him. I still wonder why he ended up in my dream.
hehe I just found it slightly amusing since I had that dream where everyone was named Pelle. . .

Old 05-16-2007, 07:38 AM   #747
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I had a dream connected with the Barrow-Downs and it had Roa in it, kind of...

My sister and I were going through the Photo page and we began talking about how beautiful Roa's wedding was. So we tried to find a picture of her...but we never did, quite. Well, we did, but not the one we wanted. We were looking for the first one she posted of her wedding (before she posted all her wedding pictures) so that we could show our oldest sister...

And that was all. Besides Pop becoming suspicious and telling us we couldn't get on the Barrow-Downs any more, but that was depressing, so I won't mention it. ()

-- Folwren
Old 05-16-2007, 08:49 AM   #748
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Last night, I dreamed that Estelyn Telcontar made me and Bethberry (or a newbie named similarly) moderators. However, the forum physically resembled my place of work, so I was the mod of six shelves waaaaaaay in the back of the forum.

Old 05-18-2007, 08:57 AM   #749
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

I had a Barrow-Downs dream last night...and it was very detailed, because I was dreaming I was writing a screenplay, so every word discribing every action was there.

"This is great," said I in my dream. "I'm messing up TGWBS's math, and creating a great story!"

That was five-ish in the morning...now of course all I can remember is that Kath was the mentor-type person, Lommy was a face in the crowd, and Dancing Spawn (called "U-Spawn" in my dream) was the villain. And that the sword fights at the cliff's edge were supposed to be "really different".

Phooey.

Old 05-19-2007, 08:23 AM   #750
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Last night I dream Lalwende & Davem came to my town. I spotted them in a shop that doesn't really exist and instantly recognised them, even though davem looked nothing like he does in real life. He was an old man of about 60, and Lal didn't look like her pic either

I raced towards them, but they moved off before I could talk to them. I saw them get on a local bus, so I got on too and talked to them. When I talked to them they chit-chatted a little, but I suspected that they weren't the real Lalwendavem because they didn't mention the BDs.

Our bus just went up and down my town before we got off.
Old 05-21-2007, 02:10 AM   #751
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I had a rather long dream and it was only slightly BD-related so I'll explain it in a short way: Aganzir was an old lord and she (though she was a he in the dream) wanted to commit suicide because her name had been shamed. She had three adult (or almost adult) daughters and I was the eldest. Well, she did commit suicide in a Túrinesque way. I and my two sisters (who I think were my sister and my cousin) were very sad because we had lost our father. Because we were so miserable, the Saucepan Man agreed to temporarily adopt us.

Err... am I having a crisis since my real dad is abroad and away for a week?
Old 05-21-2007, 11:17 AM   #752
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Err... am I having a crisis since my real dad is abroad and away for a week?
Now Nogrod, Spm and I can establish a Lommy's Father Club?

I had a dream of which I don't remember anything but that it came out that Boromir88 was really born in 1949.
Old 05-21-2007, 01:39 PM   #753
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Last night I dream Lalwende & Davem came to my town. I spotted them in a shop that doesn't really exist and instantly recognised them, even though davem looked nothing like he does in real life. He was an old man of about 60, and Lal didn't look like her pic either

I raced towards them, but they moved off before I could talk to them. I saw them get on a local bus, so I got on too and talked to them. When I talked to them they chit-chatted a little, but I suspected that they weren't the real Lalwendavem because they didn't mention the BDs.

Our bus just went up and down my town before we got off.
Whoo, if it wasn't the 'real' us it could have been our alter-egos or our Shadows or something scary like that!

Have you been eating that cheese that Hookbill was so fond of?
Old 05-21-2007, 04:41 PM   #754
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Because we were so miserable, the Saucepan Man agreed to temporarily adopt us.
Well, I'm flattered, but I really have enough on my hands with the two I've got thanks.

Speaking of which ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Dream 2: Saucepan Man decided to arrange "the ultimate BD meeting" somewhere in the Finnish countryside. I was spending time at a friend's summerhouse nearby (again with those three friends of mine), so I and Aganzir decided to go there. Well, the whole thing was a chaos. There were masses of teenagers who had either nothing to do with BD or were members with less than 10 posts. SPM was quite desperate, since no one he knew was around.
Is this a taste of things to come for me in about 5 or 6 years' time?
Old 05-22-2007, 01:38 AM   #755
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saucepan Man
Is this a taste of things to come for me in about 5 or 6 years' time?
Let's hope not!
Old 05-22-2007, 01:51 AM   #756
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

I had an odd dream last night...

In the dream Volo and Rune were trying to get into my house but they couldn't because someone had bolted all the doors shut. I came to the house and they told me that there was some gold in there and that I had to help them get it. I said I didn't want to and then Rune pulled a gun on me!

Is this a sign that Rune is really evil?
Old 05-22-2007, 01:57 AM   #757
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thumbs up

Hookbill, that was very funny.

TGWBS
- just noticed there's a problem with your listings. You have SPM and The Saucepan Man as two different persons in my list...
Old 05-22-2007, 07:32 AM   #758
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba
I had an odd dream last night...

In the dream Volo and Rune were trying to get into my house but they couldn't because someone had bolted all the doors shut. I came to the house and they told me that there was some gold in there and that I had to help them get it. I said I didn't want to and then Rune pulled a gun on me!

Huuray! The first time I'm in a Downers dream.

Rune pulled a gun on you? Then you must be a Wolf!
Old 05-22-2007, 10:18 AM   #759
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba
I said I didn't want to and then Rune pulled a gun on me!

Maybe it's a sign you've been following WW XXXIII?
Old 05-22-2007, 10:18 AM   #760
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Spill the wine, take dat girl...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo
Huuray! The first time I'm in a Downers dream.
I dreamed of you weeks ago. *hrrmpf!*

Last night, I dreamed TGWBS, Hookbill, a guy I work with and myself were attempting to make wine. Two hundred year-old wine.

The two centuries was the easy part, as I could control time with my mind. The hard part was convincing Tigwubs and my co-worker to not drink it right away. "Two hours is enough," said my co-worker.

We had some real two-century wine, but it was all manky & moldy and I had to pour it out so that TG and my co-worker wouldn't drink it and get sick.

As we started crushing grapes for the third time, Formendacil joined our quest, and at this time the real trouble started, because then a bunch of priests showed up and kept trying to sanctify (or guzzle, not sure which) our efforts, and Hookbill is upset that the experiment is going into the public eye, and I'm upset because "Hey! I'm in charge and I'm not catholic! You don't have anything to do with this!".

And I don't drink alcohol or condone its use, if you were wondering.