The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-18-2007, 06:57 PM   #41
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Shasta - he said 4 AM EST, though, which is 3 AM your time, I believe!
That time won't be good for me and, I daresay, not for a lot of other people as well...

As for having an apprentice - sure, I could use the help since I have to compete with that upstart, Shasta! Although the village seems to be getting a little herbalist-heavy...
Upstart?! Me?! I'm no upstart! I happen to be extremely good at what I do (although perhaps your keep-awake tea is a hair better than mine).
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 07:12 PM   #42
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saucepan Man View Post
Glad to see Farael playing. He goes well with roast potatoes and honey baked parsnips, I find.
There we go, last time I was a wolf short but now if we add you into the mix we'll be set. I WILL lynch you just to make sure you are not a wolf, so beware.
Old 12-19-2007, 05:37 AM   #43
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noggie
So maybe two 36-hour rounds (one Night, one Day) around Christmas eve / Christmas day? That would also nicely come back to the original deadlines after Christmas...
I'll second this.

As for the deadline, I'd prefer 6-10 pm GMT.

Occupation? Hmm... Surely this village needs a hangman. Or a hangwoman, to be more accurate.
Old 12-19-2007, 06:53 AM   #44
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
I'd prefer between 4 AM GMT and 7 AM GMT– but I suspect this is a bad time for most people.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 07:15 AM   #45
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Seeing that we already have a hangwoman and a gravedigger, I think the village might still be in need of a jailer. After all, no werewolf should be killed without a fair trial.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 08:12 AM   #46
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farael
I WILL lynch you just to make sure you are not a wolf, so beware.
Not if I eat you first ...

I vote for 6-10 pm GMT.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:20 AM   #47
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
*looks at the post above*

Sp....! *collapses*

*rises again*

Yay!!!!!!!!!

...Concerning the time, for me the PM GMT version is definitely better, and that probably goes for most of the European players... (sorry antipodes...)
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 12:17 PM   #48
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
Seeing that we already have a hangwoman and a gravedigger, I think the village might still be in need of a jailer. After all, no werewolf should be killed without a fair trial.
Fair trial? now that's a novel concept... but wouldn't it be dangerous for the other inmates having a possible werewolf like SPM in their midst? Did I mention SPM is dangerous, sneaky and probably a wolf? don't trust SPM EVER... it doesn't matter if he's being reasonable and kind, it doesn't matter if he gives you near-irrefrutable proof that he's a gifted.... lynch him anyway! it's probably a triple-bluff
Old 12-19-2007, 04:54 PM   #49
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
but wouldn't it be dangerous for the other inmates having a possible werewolf like Farael in their midst?
My prison has solitary cells.
Old 12-19-2007, 06:13 PM   #50
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
My prison has solitary cells.
That was a mis-quote! You tampered with the content of my quote! That's clearly wolfish behaviour
Man, I'm having too much fun with this, there's no hurry to get the game started Phantom
Old 12-20-2007, 02:01 AM   #51
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
...Concerning the time, for me the PM GMT version is definitely better, and that probably goes for most of the European players... (sorry antipodes...)
So it does. For me (and other Finns) 4AM GMT is six in the morning and to the Brits it's four... So not only inconvenient but downright terrible.

And Mr. Spam as well! A pleasure indeed.

Quote:
no hurry to get the game started Phantom
Now, who's talkin'?
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 04:47 AM   #52
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farael View Post
That was a mis-quote! You tampered with the content of my quote! That's clearly wolfish behaviour
I have merely improved the degree of truth in your statement.
Old 12-20-2007, 06:57 AM   #53
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
So it does. For me (and other Finns) 4AM GMT is six in the morning and to the Brits it's four... So not only inconvenient but downright terrible.
And I'll be dead after the Christmas holiday if I have to stay up that late or wake up at 5 to vote. Not that I probably wouldn't die anyway, but at least being killed by werewolves doesn't affect my grades too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macwolf
After all, no werewolf should be killed without a fair trial.
And of course they should also have good lawyers so that as few of them as possible will be condemned to death, eh? And innocents should be killed without a fair trial then? See how Macalaure is leading you astray!
Old 12-20-2007, 07:55 AM   #54
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Well, hey, I had to vote at dawn in Lommy's game, you know.

Tell me, is anything we say now going to be admissible as evidence?
Old 12-20-2007, 10:42 AM   #55
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

All right people. Find me ONE more person and we'll get this thing started.

Know someone who hasn't played in a while? Shoot them a pm.

Beg if you have to. I want to get rolling.
Old 12-20-2007, 03:25 PM   #56
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I can try for Isabell...
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 04:45 AM   #57
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Ach. Potentially horrible situation. Probably going away for a few days after christmas; no internet access. Should probably know for certain later on today.
Old 12-21-2007, 11:47 PM   #58
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Okay, I've had two new sign-ups. Unfortunately, I've had one drop-out. And if Eomer drops as well, we're back to being one short.

I suppose if I must I will drop one of the WWs, but I don't really want to.

Eomer- let me know as soon as possible. Everyone else- try and find me one more villager.

If I don't have the number I want by tomorrow afternoon, I'll probably drop a WW and begin.
Old 12-22-2007, 04:33 AM   #59
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Will certainly have an answer by the time of your American afternoon.
Old 12-22-2007, 01:22 PM   #60
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

I play!

There was the idea that we would go to Belgium for a few days but there is not enough time. Very convenient now (though I am eager to visit that illustrious land someday).

So I look forward to burying many of your corpses.
Old 12-22-2007, 02:14 PM   #61
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye Excellent!

I will start sending out pms.

We will begin when everyone has pmed me back.

From now on, any questions/concerns should be sent directly to me.

Remember....

1) Play in invisible mode.
2) Do not discuss your role/thoughts/strategy with anyone until the game has finished. This includes hints in reps (eg "Good game! Sorry I couldn't help you more.")
3) Never rep a living player, even if you are dead.

...and most importantly...

4) Have fun and good luck!
Old 12-22-2007, 03:26 PM   #62
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye the village...

Here is my list.

Aganzir- hangwoman
Azaelia of Willowbottom- apprentice to Rikae
Boromir88- assistant to the apprentice to Rikae
Eomer of the Rohirrim- gravedigger
Farael- conspiracy theorist
Isabellkya- hen
Kath- milliner
Legate of Amon Lanc- lamp-maker/fiddler
Macalaure- jailer
mormegil- woodsman/carpenter
Nerwen- miller
Nogrod- reticent lumberjack
Rikae- midwife/wise-woman
Shastanis Althreduin- Herbalist
The Might-
The Saucepan Man- traveling tinker
Valier- basket weaver

If I do not have a village occupation next to your name please pm me with an occupation. You may have given one already, but it didn't make it onto my list some way or another. (edit: just one person left)

Day 1 will begin at 10 PM GMT on Sunday and run through 10 AM GMT on Tuesday. Night 2 will begin at 10 AM GMT Tuesday and conclude at 10 PM GMT Wednesday.

Every day and night after that will be standard length.

NIGHT ONE HAS BEGUN. YOU MAY NOT POST.

Last edited by the phantom; 12-23-2007 at 12:09 PM.
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 01:17 PM   #63
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye Last Word....

Everyone, be certain that you keep all the rules in mind. Reading my first two posts again wouldn't be a bad idea. And if I pmed you additional rules, don't delete them. Once again, if you have questions, pm me. It's better to make sure that something is okay than to assume and be wrong.

Dawn is less than 3 hours away.

Remember- Day 1 will last for 36 hours.
Old 12-23-2007, 02:23 PM   #64
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Along the southern edge of Brethil a stream spilled into the Teiglin. Four miles up that very stream was a small lake. And on that small lake was a small island. Or near island- for it was connected to the shore by a narrow strip of land, one hundred feet long and twenty wide.

On the island was a small village. The inhabitants were not all from Brethil originally, but they shared one common bond- each and every one were survivors of Werewolf villages. And so, when a chorus of howls broke out during the night, every last one of them knew what was ahead.

When the villagers exited their homes, they found the entire village surrounded by a dense fog. One villager tried to cross the land bridge through the fog, but he soon found himself emerging from the mist right back into the village. And so it was with everyone who made the attempt.

"This is new," said one villager. "I've survived two Werewolf villages and I've never seen anything like it."

The other villagers agreed. Not only did things look different- things felt different. But no one could quite say what the feeling was. "Something isn't right," said one. "I don't like it," said another.

Then there was a rumble, and a tearing sound, and at the land bridge a rent appeared in the wall of fog. Through the gap the villagers could see a shining figure, struggling to keep the vapors from closing. Nearly all the villagers felt a sudden and unexplainable sense of familiarity, and longed to embrace him.

"The enemy is few!" he cried. "Unite and you will be able to defeat them!"

"Help us!" shouted a villager.

"I will try!" returned the shining figure, who was quickly disappearing from view, his visage and voice being strangled by the fog. "Listen, my friends! You must know, this village is....."

But the remainder of his words could not be heard. The fog had closed completely. As the villagers turned and headed towards the village square, a voice spoke from the fog. It was powerful and beautiful, and more terrifying than any voice they had ever heard.

"Heed not the voice from the outside. It has no power to help you here in this place. Soon you will be dead. There is no escape. Kill, my children.... KILL!"

Last edited by the phantom; 12-23-2007 at 03:30 PM.
Old 12-23-2007, 03:41 PM   #65
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye it is time...

Villagers- 13
Werewolves- 4

The living-

Aganzir- hangwoman
Azaelia of Willowbottom- apprentice to Rikae
Boromir88- assistant to the apprentice to Rikae
Eomer of the Rohirrim- gravedigger
Farael- conspiracy theorist
Isabellkya- hen
Kath- milliner
Legate of Amon Lanc- lamp-maker/fiddler
Macalaure- jailer
mormegil- woodsman/carpenter
Nerwen- miller
Nogrod- reticent lumberjack
Rikae- midwife/wise-woman
Shastanis Althreduin- herbalist
The Might- shephard
The Saucepan Man- traveling tinker
Valier- basket weaver

Good luck, everyone. Play well, and have fun. Day One will end Tuesday at 10 AM GMT.

IT IS NOW DAY ONE

Last edited by the phantom; 12-23-2007 at 10:46 PM.
Old 12-23-2007, 04:11 PM   #66
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Day ones how I hate thee.

And specially the first few posts, as there is trully NOTHING to go on with until some talk get started. Once it does, however, i'll be able to create a custom-made conspiracy theory for this village.

A few thoughts I'm pondering

*The Phantom is lying to us all and there are no wolves, so he'll have a laugh while we tear each other to pieces (with the nighty kills being decided by a many-faceted dice roll)

* Mormegil Saucepan Man and Eomer are all wolves (did I forget to mention any of the usual "he NEEDS to be killed, no matter what the evidence shapes up to be like"?)

*Macalure is having back-to-back wolvish episodes (we should lynch him even if he's not, I'm still bitter about last time)

*Talking about bitterness, SPM. Enough said.

*Also, should Nogrod fail to flood us with extremely long analysis posts, we should lynch him for deviating from his usual game. Even though I personally dislike those posts.

Did I take too long? there were no posts when I decided to write all this nonsense
Old 12-23-2007, 04:26 PM   #67
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Those twists better help us as otherwise it looks grim indeed. Just look at the villager - wolf -ratio and add to it the cursed one who could be our toughest enemy later in the game... as even the word of the seer can't be trusted 100% in the end.

Quote:
Once it does, however, i'll be able to create a custom-made conspiracy theory for this village.
Ahh, we all can you know. So let's hear some talkin'.

Meanwhile I'm off to hew down a few birches as that's the trade I know...
Old 12-23-2007, 04:32 PM   #68
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Okay, before anything actual begins, let me get the ball rolling with one question. Don't roll it too much, though, because it is rather a sideway issue and obviously there are other more important things to discuss (as soon as the discussion starts). Nevertheless...

Is the rant above *points up* and I don't mean TP's narration, but the sillinesses we wrote here, having anything to do with the actual game? What I mean is, whether one of these "twists" tp mentions cannot be after all something like telling a player to post this and this before the game starts. I know there are some things that speak against it, like that the players did join one by one and some relatively late. But I mean, tp sounded quite mysterious (if it is the right word, I would say scary even) and actually, have you seen anywhere a pre-day 1 discussion? Maybe it was for our village to get together. But still it's strange.

Like I said: let's be careful and not discuss this too much. Maybe it really does not mean anything. But I had to say this because I keep thinking about it. And also at this time, when I have nothing better to post, why not to post this.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 12-23-2007, 04:41 PM   #69
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Actually Legate my take on it is that Phantom did it so that we'd get some of the Day 1 sillyness out of the way (didn't work with me, clearly) and to ensure that there'd be more talk.. you know, some of the pre-game discussions could carry on to the actual game.

But I think it's extremely convoluted for Phantom to ask a player to say something or another... and what would it add to the game? certainly, anything short than a revelation with irrefutable proof of one's role would most likely be ignored.

Besides, he said that he did not PM the roles up until he had a full complement of players, I'd guess that if he did not PM the roles for the "normal" roles, he had not decided the "twist players" either.

Of course, we can't rule anything out, but sifting through the pre-game discussion seems to me rather futile.
Old 12-23-2007, 04:43 PM   #70
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Is the rant above *points up* and I don't mean TP's narration, but the sillinesses we wrote here, having anything to do with the actual game?
I'd say no. That was quite the normal procedure earlier if my memory serves me right. A kind of old-school warm up. But if you have reasons to believe it to be otherwise I'm listening.
Old 12-23-2007, 04:45 PM   #71
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

*shakes head sadly* Terrible times, terrible times.

Hmmn. I do think some of us could have chosen more useful careers. I mean hats... hats are very nice and all that, but it's a pity we're the only village in Beleriand with no warriors and no-one to make weapons for them anyway. Perhaps the Tinker and the Carpenter could try their hands at it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Those twists better help us as otherwise it looks grim indeed. Just look at the villager - wolf -ratio and add to it the cursed one who could be our toughest enemy later in the game... as even the word of the seer can't be trusted 100% in the end.

Ahh, we all can you know. So let's hear some talkin'.

Meanwhile I'm off to hew down a few birches as that's the trade I know...
Hey, come back! Are you saying the Seer could BE the cursed?

EDIT: X'd with Legate, Farael and Nogrod.
Old 12-23-2007, 04:47 PM   #72
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Okay, I will take your word, Farael (unless you are the one who provided that thing, be it for our good or bad). So let's skip it, better to cut this topic when it starts and not let it continue. Yup, I also thought it could be sort of a warm-up. And if there was anything, tp will probably see to it showing somehow during the game. Okay, let's return to the "normal" discussion (as if there was any ).

EDIT: x-ed with Nogrod and Nerwen. Okay Nogrod, that settles it. I didn't know such things happened. Must have been a long time ago (in a galaxy...).
Old 12-23-2007, 04:50 PM   #73
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
I believe he meant the Seer can See an innocent person one Night and the next Night the person is infected and the "known innocent" becomes a werewolf. That is a thing one has to bear in mind, really.

The funny thing is that I guess we are not even going to learn, if there is no Night kill, whether it was luck (Ranger protection) or a big problem for us (somebody turned to a wolf instead of being killed).
Old 12-23-2007, 04:54 PM   #74
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
No that's not what I'm saying - even if anything might happen.

But the seer may dream of an innocent early in the game and that person may then turn into a werewolf later and as the seer would have "seen" her/him only as a villager and not as a cursed one we can't be sure if there is even one denied kill. Although if we have the order of the dreams at that time we can limit the possible unknowns to a minimum of course.

Okay. I'm not sure how fruitful this discussion is either... Back to the timberland.

EDIT: X'd with Legate
Old 12-23-2007, 04:55 PM   #75
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
I know it's day one and there's nothing really to go on, but aren't we in enough troubles without jumping into weird theories?

Wow, what's wrong with me? Well, I guess that as long as it's not a CONSPIRACY theory it's fine for me to speak against them

First of all, the Seer cannot be the cursed if we go by the game's rules (of course, it could be one of the misterious twists). There it says that there's a seer that's separate from the cursed villager (Further evidence is given by the fact that Phantom mentions that if the seer dreams of the cursed villager blah blah... which cannot happen if the Seer WAS the cursed villager)

Also, here's something that I strongly dislike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Okay, I will take your word, Farael
Don't, I might be wrong, but that's not what concerns me the most
Quote:
(unless you are the one who provided that thing, be it for our good or bad).
THERE.... I do understand that "you can't trust anyone on day one" (and only a very few people in very rare situations later on) but that's just pointless. If you really think I might be bluffing by all means go on with your line of thought and see what comes out of it. If not, why make that comment?

It's as if you are trying to "implant" a waste-of-time theory on the village... 'cos we all know that most senseless theories that prop up on Day 1 are discussed well into the game and usually turn out to be a waste of time. That's also the reason I'm actively speaking against what I consider nonsense.

Edit: X-ed with Legate and Nogrod
Old 12-23-2007, 05:01 PM   #76
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Okay, to end up optimistically, I just thought that maybe tp could mercifully show us in the narration whether there was a protect-kill or a cursed villager transformation, though we cannot rely on that. But it would be nice.

Probably Merry Christmas, fellow villagers, because I will show probably only not too long before the end of the Day. Bye.

EDIT: x-ed with Farael. Don't be silly, Farael. It is called a "preventive comment". You could have been really this pre-day 1 "twister" and laughed at me. But this is still the topic we decided to drop. You are returning to it now, I said it's finished and I don't want to speak about it and discourage anyone to speak about it. Nog said it is normal thing and that settles it. Let's cut it before it continues.

Bye, really, and Merry Christmas if I don't check back in till they happen at you.

Last edited by Legate of Amon Lanc; 12-23-2007 at 05:05 PM.
Old 12-23-2007, 05:01 PM   #77
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Besides, he said that he did not PM the roles up until he had a full complement of players
Where does he say that, though? I can't find it.

Quote:
The funny thing is that I guess we are not even going to learn, if there is no Night kill, whether it was luck (Ranger protection) or a big problem for us (somebody turned to a wolf instead of being killed).
Yes, I'd thought of that.

All I can say is this: if there's a "no-kill" Night before we've got any wolves, really watch out for bandwagons the next Day. I mean– if there's five wolves, I should think they could lynch at will.

Edit: X'd with Legate, Farael and Nogrod.
Old 12-23-2007, 05:05 PM   #78
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
I know it's day one and there's nothing really to go on, but aren't we in enough troubles without jumping into weird theories?
Ah, professional jealously, is it?
Old 12-23-2007, 05:15 PM   #79
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Ok well it's day one....uggg not much to say I guess just yet, seems everyone is discussing the rules of the game. I tend to like to go with the flow, I am sure Phantom has some plans up his sleeve (which by I mean his "twists")

I don't think lingering too long on the semantics of the game will be of much help at this time. I am sure this is going to be a sort of live in the moment game, because you never know when something drastic may happen. I don't see the point of worrying about the cursed villager now, it may never happen, the cursed may do a good job and not get killed. Remember they are just an Ordo to begin with. It is something to keep in mind, but why dwell on it.
Still it does give something to talk about on dull Day ones. I guess taking into effect what people have to say about the "rules" and such and the way they say it could always be useful.
Old 12-23-2007, 05:20 PM   #80
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier View Post
Still it does give something to talk about on dull Day ones. I guess taking into effect what people have to say about the "rules" and such and the way they say it could always be useful.
I think these unknown twists are making us all jumpy– and as you say, they give us something to talk about.

We can talk about something else, of course:

Such foggy weather we're having! Oh, and how's the basket-weaving going, Valier?