The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2011, 02:28 PM   #81
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Ooo!! Ooo!! I may actually have a meaningful post to make!

It will be up soon. Gimme two minutes...
Old 05-05-2011, 02:31 PM   #82
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
Ooo!! Ooo!! I may actually have a meaningful post to make!

It will be up soon. Gimme two minutes...
Interesting.

(Relevant bit's at ~1:15.)
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 02:35 PM   #83
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Today has been super quiet. Bleh. Quiet days are ugly.

Down to business now. There is someone that has been stung. I've been trying to keep my eye out for someone who appears to be in need of serious help, or who is practically begging to be lynched.

Possible posts that fit those requirements-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzil
It's dark and I'm afraid!
But then later he rationalizes his comment and even says-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzil
I must confess that I shake my shoes every morning before putting them on. No creepie-crawlie's getting my foot!
Which I doubt a sting victim would say. So no, not Inzil.

So moving on...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
But, but, I've only just caught a bad case ...this is not fair!
My my- sounds like someone saying "I'm sick!" doesn't it? Not that he could admit as much, and perhaps his next post in which he theorizes the existence of a Spiderling rather than a training-Spiderling, he is attempting to cover up his "reveal" which he feared may have been too obvious and thus worthy of modfire? Hmmm...

I'd say Boro is a possibility for last night's stinging.

But first let's take a look at the person who has BY FAR been the most interesting to watch... Lhuna!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhuna, first post
I reveal... That it's dark, and I'm very much afraid. Will someone hold my hand?
Now, leading with "I reveal" and mentioning holding hands, to me anyway, screams of someone attempting to draw out Sam and/or Frodo. Did anyone else have that immediate reaction? That would make Lhuna a good Shelob candidate.

But it's also technically possible she was trying to get Sam's attention because she was stung, making her a Been-Stung candidate.

Then later-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhuna
There's not really much to go on at this point, is there? I've never felt so useless.
Feeling useless? Sounds like a Been-Stung.
Quote:
You're considering lynching me?

I honestly do not know whether to feel threatened or pleased with myself.
Again, sounds like a Been-Stung.
Quote:
The best thing we could hope - dream - to find toDay is Shelob defending/protecting whoever she stung.
Now here she mentions the person that was stung and even invites a "dream", or the closest thing we have to it in this game, the Doctor's ability to dream if someone has been stung. Is this another "I've been Stung" clue?

Of course it could also be Shelob boldly attempting to get Sam to waste his cure ability and the Doctor to waste his examine ability on her, thus leaving her minion alone.

In summary I am very very suspicious of Lhuna. Only problem is, if she's Shelob, I'd rather kill her Day 3 and end it. Perhaps we can request that Sam check her with his cure if he feels at all inclined just in case? Bah, but if she's Shelob it'd be a waste. Bleh. I don't like you, Lhuna.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:39 PM   #84
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Today has been super quiet. Bleh. Quiet days are ugly.

Down to business now. There is someone that has been stung. I've been trying to keep my eye out for someone who appears to be in need of serious help, or who is practically begging to be lynched.

Possible posts that fit those requirements-

But then later he rationalizes his comment and even says-

Which I doubt a sting victim would say. So no, not Inzil.

So moving on...

My my- sounds like someone saying "I'm sick!" doesn't it? Not that he could admit as much, and perhaps his next post in which he theorizes the existence of a Spiderling rather than a training-Spiderling, he is attempting to cover up his "reveal" which he feared may have been too obvious and thus worthy of modfire? Hmmm...

I'd say Boro is a possibility for last night's stinging.

But first let's take a look at the person who has BY FAR been the most interesting to watch... Lhuna!

Now, leading with "I reveal" and mentioning holding hands, to me anyway, screams of someone attempting to draw out Sam and/or Frodo. Did anyone else have that immediate reaction? That would make Lhuna a good Shelob candidate.

But it's also technically possible she was trying to get Sam's attention because she was stung, making her a Stung candidate.

Then later-

Feeling useless? Sounds like a Stung.

Again, sounds like a stung.

Now here she mentions the person that was stung and even invites a "dream", or the closest thing we have to it in this game, the Doctor's ability to dream if someone has been stung. Is this another "I've been Stung" clue?

Of course it could also be Shelob boldly attempting to get Sam to waste his cure ability and the Doctor to waste his examine ability on her, thus leaving her minion alone.

In summary I am very very suspicious of Lhuna.
Except that you're suspicious of Lhuna being a stung and not Shelob at all, which by your logic means you shouldn't focus on her.

Anyway...

I literally have no idea what to look for. I'm used to looking for connections between baddies, and there aren't really going to be any in this game, so...

But then I don't want to vote randomly, either. That's quite a cop-out.

And I wouldn't put it past Phantlob to try and carry the game himself based on sheer charisma - what better way to not get lynched than by being a personality that never gets lynched?

But then that's my anti-ego bias talking. Love ya, Phanty, you know it.

Hmmm.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 05-05-2011 at 02:40 PM. Reason: X'd with Phantom editing his post. Nyah, nyah, I got the first version. :)
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 02:40 PM   #85
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Hmmm.
Did you watch the video?! *is suspicious*
Old 05-05-2011, 02:42 PM   #86
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Also I don't think Fea is Shelob as all this playing around Laura12345 (or whatever) probably means she's not The Baddie.
Yeah, she's a beautiful woman, probably.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:43 PM   #87
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
So we'd need to catch Shelob toDay... or the one she stinged. Both would be good deals. Possibly the latter even better!

Not voting on D1 without a good last hour reason:
Bom T. (my first game with her/him)
Lhuna (long time no see)
tp (makes sensible effort)
Fea (because of this Laura-stuff)

I'm probably not voting my usual D1 suspects - I'm more often wrong with them than not...
Lottie
Glirdan
Shasta

Torn with:
Wilwa (makes sense and effort to think but is very careful - but with her vote)

Are a bit too careful to my taste thus far (looking at my point of Shelob wishing to be noncontroversial)
Inzil
Nerwen
Boro

Has Nienna posted?

EDIT: X'd with a host it seems. Good we start playing (fifteen minutes before the DL... )
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 02:44 PM   #88
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
Except that you're suspicious of Lhuna being a stung and not Shelob at all
Not true. I stated two times in that last post that her behavior could point to Shelob.
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
In other words, I suspect she is possibly a desperate Been-Stung or a rather clever Shelob. Her behavior would fit either.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:44 PM   #89
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Did you watch the video?! *is suspicious*
Of course I watched the video. *is suspicious of your suspiciousness*
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 05-05-2011, 02:45 PM   #90
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Is this thread going to explode, Sally?
Old 05-05-2011, 02:48 PM   #91
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Not true. I stated two times in that last post that her behavior could point to Shelob.

In other words, I suspect she is possibly a desperate Been-Stung or a rather clever Shelob. Her behavior would fit either.
The first case - no, I didn't have that reaction. And in any case, wouldn't someone who's been stung already be working for Shelob? So wouldn't they also have an interest in drawing out Sam/Frodo?

The second - you say it could be either or. That doesn't necessitate that you think one over the other. So I think my point is more "true" than "not true".
Old 05-05-2011, 02:48 PM   #92
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

During this game I will never lynch-
Phantom
Wilwa
Lottie

In addition, ToDay I am not willing to lynch-
Nienna
Nog
Bom
Shasta
Inzil
Old 05-05-2011, 02:49 PM   #93
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Has Nienna posted?
Nienna may have something going on in the land of RL. I've not heard from her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Of course I watched the video. *is suspicious of your suspiciousness*
There's my good Shasticle. <3
Old 05-05-2011, 02:50 PM   #94
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Thumbs up

Quote:
Is this thread going to explode, Sally?
satansaloser2005 likes this.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:50 PM   #95
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Phantom, I'm taking it then you would be most acceptable with Lhuna. What about Glirdan?
Old 05-05-2011, 02:50 PM   #96
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
And in any case, wouldn't someone who's been stung already be working for Shelob? So wouldn't they also have an interest in drawing out Sam/Frodo?
It was my understanding that the Been-Stung was still on the side of good until fully turned, thus the first Night's victim in order to be faithful to the rules and alliances should have done whatever possible this day in order to get Sam to turn him back.
Quote:
The second - you say it could be either or. That doesn't necessitate that you think one over the other. So I think my point is more "true" than "not true".
Except that you said I thought Lhuna was "not Shelob at all", but only the Been-Stung. I said she could be either.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:51 PM   #97
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Fair points on Lhuna being the stinged one tp. So what to do? Lynch or let Sam give it a go? Both could be argued and counter-argued for.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:51 PM   #98
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
It was my understanding that the Been-Stung was still on the side of good until fully turned, thus the first Night's victim in order to be faithful to the rules and alliances should have done whatever possible this day in order to get Sam to turn him back.
This is correct.

I'm trying to decide if I should tell you whether or not they made their saving throw.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:51 PM   #99
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
During this game I will never lynch-
Phantom
Wilwa
Lottie

In addition, ToDay I am not willing to lynch-
Nienna
Nog
Bom
Shasta
Inzil
Your diehard assurance that neither Wilwa nor Lottie is or will be evil bothers me, Phantom. I could just as easily say "I will never lynch Nerwen or Fea and have just as much proof/evidence on my side as you have on yours. In any case, what happens if either one of them gets stung?
Old 05-05-2011, 02:52 PM   #100
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
This is correct.

I'm trying to decide if I should tell you whether or not they made their saving throw.
Oh, okay, then I misunderstood. My apologies.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:52 PM   #101
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Yeah, she's a beautiful woman, probably.
Truth, the young man speaks it. They're both very pretty. (For serious.)

Five(ish) minutes.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:54 PM   #102
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Blasted last minutes... That shoud be checked (what you discuss Shasta & tp). If the stinged knows s/he is stinged... hmm. blah.

EDIT: Sally beat me with the answer...
Old 05-05-2011, 02:54 PM   #103
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Fair points on Lhuna being the stinged one tp. So what to do? Lynch or let Sam give it a go? Both could be argued and counter-argued for.
This post bothers me. Here's how it reads to me -

"Hmm, Phantom is going after Lhuna. That's a fine choice since it's not me or my Stung, so I'm going to subtly put my assistance behind it without actually supporting a Lhuna lynch."
Old 05-05-2011, 02:55 PM   #104
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Blasted last minutes... That shoud be checked (what you discuss Shasta & tp). If the stinged knows s/he is stinged... hmm. blah.

EDIT: Sally beat me with the answer...
The victim knows they have been stung. They were notified at Dawn.

ETA: Nog and I keep having information cross-posts. FTW.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:55 PM   #105
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Well, a last minute vote isn't going to help matters any.

Best guess -

++Nogrod
Old 05-05-2011, 02:55 PM   #106
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Boro- I'm okay with Glirdan as a dark-shot I suppose, and giving Sam a save at Lhuna. If it comes back empty, I'd have her on the menu for later. If a successful cure is made, I will dance a little jig and sing the told-everyone-so song.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:55 PM   #107
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Five minutes? Jesus.

Why does it always end like this? Ideas, anyone?
Old 05-05-2011, 02:56 PM   #108
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Boro- I'm okay with Glirdan as a dark-shot I suppose, and giving Sam a save at Lhuna. If it comes back empty, I'd have her on the menu for later. If a successful cure is made, I will dance a little jig and sing the told-everyone-so song.
Will a successful cure be in the narration? I don't recall reading about that.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:56 PM   #109
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Language, Noggins. *blows a kiss*
Old 05-05-2011, 02:58 PM   #110
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Your diehard assurance that neither Wilwa nor Lottie is or will be evil bothers me, Phantom.
It bothers you now, but you'll pat me on the back later. You'll see.

I'm voting Glirdan if no one else suggests something good.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:58 PM   #111
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Votes

Wilwa-->Glirdan
Lhuna-->Lottie
Dun-->Boro
Bom-->Lhuna
Shasta-->Nog
Old 05-05-2011, 02:59 PM   #112
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

++Glirdan
Old 05-05-2011, 02:59 PM   #113
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Okay.

I'd rather save Lhuna for Sam... if he wishes to try her.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:59 PM   #114
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
It bothers you now, but you'll pat me on the back later. You'll see.

I'm voting Glirdan if no one else suggests something good.
And balrogs will fly.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:59 PM   #115
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

++Glirdan
Old 05-05-2011, 03:00 PM   #116
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Okay: GLirdan and Lottie... possible

++ Glirdan
Old 05-05-2011, 03:00 PM   #117
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
And balrogs will fly.
Indeed they will, lad.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:00 PM   #118
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Wilwa-->Glirdan
Lhuna-->Lottie
Dun-->Boro
Bom-->Lhuna
Shasta-->Nog
Boro-->Glirdan (2)
Phantom-->Glirdan (3)
Nog-->Glirdan (4)

Although Nog's vote needs to be highlighted....

EDIT: There's a good lad. *gives Nog a cookie*
Old 05-05-2011, 03:01 PM   #119
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Okay: GLirdan and Lottie... possible

++ Glirdan
Not that it matters now, but don't forget to highlight your vote, Nog.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:01 PM   #120
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Highlight, Nog.

EDIT: ha ha! x-post + already fixed

EDIT: Just realized Glirdy is who I listed on my early list as Doctor. *facepalm* For once I hope I'm wrong.