The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-20-2006, 12:39 PM   #121
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I agree with Nogrod in this point. Let morm dance one more time.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 12:40 PM   #122
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Okay. If you others don't move, I'll do it.

++ Kath

She's the more dangerous one of them whom it will be very hard to lynch later on...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 12:42 PM   #123
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren
Sir, I have said before that my vote was not done out of revenge. Do you think I would stoop so low as to vote for another dancer's death merely to satisfy my own displeasure? How childish do you think I am? I do not fear Farael. I do not fear his vote.
No I don't. I was just entertaining the possibility that a smart wolf would make that kind of move and thence hide her fangs within it...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 12:42 PM   #124
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Avoid a double lynching. No idea if anyone else will vote.

++KATH
Old 12-20-2006, 12:43 PM   #125
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Is the Barrow-Downs clock all wrong? It's 16 minutes behind on my screen.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:43 PM   #126
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I do not think it is wise to kill Kath.

Just my opinion. No time for more.
Folwren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 12:43 PM   #127
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Morm --> Rikae, 1
Kitanna --> Morm (Rikae 1, Morm 1)
Farael --> Folwren (Rikae 1, Morm 1, Folwren 1)
Morm X Rikae --> Valier (Morm 1, Folwren 1, Valier 1)
Cailin --> Kath (Morm 1, Folwren 1, Valier 1, Kath 1)
Celuien --> Morm (Morm 2, Folwren 1, Valier 1, Kath 1)
Lal --> Kitanna (Morm 2, Folwren 1, Valier 1, Kath 1, Kitanna 1)
Folwren --> Farael (Morm 2, Folwren 1, Valier 1, Kath 1, Kitanna 1, Farael 1)
Mac --> Kath (Morm 2, Folwren 1, Valier 1, Kath 2, Kitanna 1, Farael 1)
Valier --> Farael (Morm 2, Folwren 1, Valier 1, Kath 2, Kitanna 1, Farael 2)
Rikae --> Kitanna (Morm 2, Folwren 1, Valier 1, Kath 2, Kitanna 2, Farael 2)
Holby --> Morm (Morm 3, Folwren 1, Valier 1, Kath 2, Kitanna 2, Farael 2)
Nogrod --> Kath (Morm 3, Folwren 1, Valier 1, Kath 3, Kitanna 2, Farael 2)

Eomer and Naria left to vote...
Old 12-20-2006, 12:44 PM   #128
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

And I crossed posted with Eomer.

Yes, the clock is off. This is one minute before the deadline according to my computer.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:44 PM   #129
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Naria has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Naria
*rushes in*

I'll vote for

++Rikae for above mentioned reasons
Old 12-20-2006, 12:44 PM   #130
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
The Spirit speaks: It is wrong. I am going by my clock, though, and so the day ends in 6 minutes. (Technically by my clock it's 2:00 in 1 minute, but I leave a 5 minute window from there because every person and clock is different!)

About five minutes now.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 12:52 PM   #131
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Oh...yeah...

Dance (Day) 1 has ended.

Yeah.

Good thing you guys finally made up your minds...

Oh...yeah...

Which means...

Rest (Night) 2 has begun.

Everyone stay quiet here. Werewolves, start chatting. Send me a kill before the Night is over.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:58 PM   #132
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Oh, and uh, for those of you who are too lazy to count,

Kath hath been lynchéd!

And for those of you sitting on the edge of your seats,

She be Innocent.
Old 12-20-2006, 02:05 PM   #133
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

The Eye Dance the First

What had started off as a slow waltz turned into a quick step even the Rude Boy's rude sense of rhythm couldn't keep up with (more quick-quick-quick than slow-quick-quick), as the band moved to 2/4 time, matching the fervor that filled the ballroom.

One by one, at least half the people in the room felt like their backs were against the wall, the others closing in around them... But then they could let out a sigh of relief as someone pointed out another perfect lynchee, and the priorly accused could turn on them with the rest.

The mob mentality ate its way through the dancers, until finally, Eomer and Nogrod each took a hold of one of Kath's wings.

"What are you doing?" she asked them, attempting to break free with a small flutter.

"I don't want to see mormegil lynched for...whatever it is that makes him wolfish." Nogrod was sad, but seemed prepared to stand by his words. He had a feel about him that reminded Kath of a father dealing out a punishment to a beloved child. She rolled her eyes.

"So you'd simply rather see me die than him?"

Nogrod didn't have a chance to respond before Eomer spoke up.

"And I don't want to see two people die. Enough blood has been spilt." The Prince of Wargs, despite his fearsome appearance, was perhaps a softer sort of guy on the inside.

"We need to start getting rid of these wolves before they kill us all!" Cailín cried.

"Yes, let's kill someone!" Macalaure mimed using a stabbing motion.

"Yeah!" was the roar of the mob.

The Robin nervously drove the first spike in, followed by the mime who slammed it in with more glee, then the Choir-boy forced the third in as nicely as possible, and lastly the Warg, taking the greatest care to make sure the fourth was well in place.

Kath was securely pinned to the wall, four metal spikes through her wings holding her up above the ground. And no matter how hard she wriggled, she could not pull them free. Or perhaps she simply did not want to rip her wings. Regardless, she did not seem at all surprised when mormegil appeared, pushing his way through the dancers that surrounded her. The candlelight glinted off of something in his hand.

The Rude Boy kept his eyes down and his shades on as he ran the fifth spike into the Butterfly's heart.

The scream had scarcely ended when a third light appeared in the suspended candelabrum.

Everyone’s eyes having been on the chandelier for a moment, gasps ran through the hall as they turned them back to the body of Kath, which hung unchanged.

Two words were written under the dead Wight, in her own blood:

Acronicta innocens

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Dead Dead

Durelin (Mod and Hostess) – Ghostbusted on Rest (Night) the First
CaptainofDespair (Co-mod and Host) – Ghostbusted on Rest (Night) the First
Kath (Ordinary Villager) – Pinned and Labeled by the Mob on Dance (Day) the First

The Living Dead

mormegil as a (Kewl-Shades) Rude Boy
Farael as a Fair-looking Orc
Rikae as an Entwife
Nogrod as a Nice Choirboy
Lalwendë as a (Mischievous Little) Christmas Elf
Kitanna as a Rejected Band Member wearing a bag with eyeholes
Naria as a Spoiled Heiress wearing a Venetian half mask
Macalaure as a Mime
Celuien as a Cowgirl
Valier as a Flighty Young Woman wearing an exotic colourful bird mask
Eomer of the Rohirrim as Vorgram, Ancient Prince of Wargs
Cailín as a Robin
Holbytlass as a Court Jester
Folwren as an Elegant, Cold, Stoic, Mysterious Countess

The eyes of the dead are closed gently; we also have to open gently the eyes of the living” ~ Jean Cocteau

And now, my guests, you must endure the silence of the Second Rest...

Last edited by Durelin; 12-21-2006 at 12:54 PM.
Old 12-21-2006, 12:51 PM   #134
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

The Eye Rest the Second

All was silent, as the guests pondered the evils within them, each blaming themselves for Kath’s death, a heavy guilt on their hearts. All ten, anyway. Four felt no guilt, no regret. This ball was going well for them, and they could sit back and laugh silently while putting on their best frowny-faces. Luckily for them, the masks helped in keeping their true selves a secret.

There was a SLAM that echoed through the hall, but a rushed “sorry” from one of the musicians made everyone quickly forget they had heard anything. Everyone’s minds felt they had enough explanation for it, and they were too preoccupied with other concerns to really pay much more attention to strange noises.

mormegil stood quietly in the corner, wiping off the blood from the spike he had removed from Kath’s chest.

Farael had stopped showing off the blinding whiteness of his teeth, and Eomer was careful not to bear his fangs in smile or sneer.

Celuien was rounding up Valier and Cailín to keep them from flying off.

Holbytlass was muttering about how juggling without anything to juggle was a mockery of a refined art while she bitterly watched Macalaure flicking his wrists and throwing air around.

Nogrod was professing his guilt to Folwren, who answered him periodically with “you’re wasting your time.”

Naria was falling asleep listening to Rikae talk.

No one really noticed that Kitanna was missing. Not until the band was all prepared to start playing again.

The music started, but they had made it through only about three measures before all the musicians stopped playing their instruments, leaving the harpsichordist (no party is complete without one, for everyone knows the dead have this thing for harpsichords) tapping at various keys and wondering why, instead of sharp, crystalline notes, hitting a key resulted in a squelch.

“Stop playing, man!” a flautist screamed at him.

No one else could find their voices as a deep red slowly oozed forth from underneath the lid.

“I’m not opening that.”

Eomer swallowed, rolled up his sleeves, and took a few steps forward. Most admired his bravery, some watched him with amusement and anticipation in their eyes. But before he reached the instrument, he heard a soft crunch beneath one of his feet. He looked down to see brown paper shreds. One bloodied eyehole stared up at him.

No one needed to see any more. A fourth light had joined the other three above their heads, and they all knew it as the last of Kitanna.

The harpsichordist plucked a (written) note from atop his instrument.

Quote:
“In the end of time
There was a man who knew the road
And the writing, was written on the stone
In the ancient time
An artist led the way
But no one, seemed to understand
In his heart he knew
The artist must be true
But the legend, of the rent was way past due
Well you think you'll be just fine...without me, but your mine!
You think you can, kick me out of the band
Well there's just one problem there
The band is mine
How can you kick me out...of what is mine
You’re not hardcore
Unless you live hardcore”*

We live hardcore.
You die hardcore.
~The Barrow-Wolves

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Dead Dead

Durelin (Mod and Hostess) – Ghostbusted on Rest (Night) the First
CaptainofDespair (Co-mod and Host) – Ghostbusted on Rest (Night) the First
Kath (Ordinary Villager) – Pinned and Labeled by the Mob on Dance (Day) the First
Kitanna (Ordinary Villager) – Minced, Placed in the Band, and Hardcore Harpsichorded on Rest (Night) the Second

The Living Dead

mormegil as a (Kewl-Shades) Rude Boy
Farael as a Fair-looking Orc
Rikae as an Entwife
Nogrod as a Nice Choirboy
Lalwendë as a (Mischievous Little) Christmas Elf
Naria as a Spoiled Heiress wearing a Venetian half mask
Macalaure as a Mime
Celuien as a Cowgirl
Valier as a Flighty Young Woman wearing an exotic colourful bird mask
Eomer of the Rohirrim as Vorgram, Ancient Prince of Wargs
Cailín as a Robin
Holbytlass as a Court Jester
Folwren as an Elegant, Cold, Stoic, Mysterious Countess

“If you believe in forever
Then life is just a one-night stand
If there's a rock and roll heaven
Well you know they've got a hell of a band…”

~The Righteous Brothers, Rock and Roll Heaven

Dance (Day) 2 has now begun. Werewolves stop PMing. Everyone start talking.

*from School of Rock, “The Legend of the Rent”

Last edited by Durelin; 07-18-2007 at 02:20 PM.
Old 12-21-2006, 12:53 PM   #135
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Here is mormegil's vote:

++Celuien

He is also suspicious of Valier.
Old 12-21-2006, 01:08 PM   #136
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Sorry for sealing your doom Kath but I felt the need to vote for either you or Morm.

Plenty of villagers for the wolves to pick from. Why Kitanna? She made a few posts yesterday and they were clear and sensible. She suspected Rikae and Morm and then voted for Morm.

Because we have no Seer and so little to go on, I highly doubt that the wolves would be willing to pull off such a risky bluff so early. For that reason, I am inclined to believe both Rikae and Mormegil innocent (of being wolves anyway).
Old 12-21-2006, 01:23 PM   #137
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Why, how rude, Rude Boy. I challenge you to a roping contest!

Kitanna ...

#49 - commentary on the lynch the silents plan. Thinks it would be better to look at moderates on day 1 and that looking at silents is better for day 2.

#59 - has conflicting ideas about Rikae in light of the lynch the silents plan. Says that Rikae's being loud about pointing out quiet players after Farael's suggestion could be suspicious, but since she doesn't know Rikae's style, she's "torn between thinking you an innocent trying to move the game along or a bumbling wolf that is trying to stay away from the quiet area due to Farael's idea of lynching them."

#62 - conflicted about Morm and his declaration of Eomer's innocence. Finds him hard to pin down.

#74 - thought Mac's first post was normal in response to a suggestion of cobblerishness from Farael, but that a later post from Mac was more suspicious.

#78 Casts a mostly random, partly old history of not trusting him, vote for Mormegil.

She earned two votes, one from Lalwende and one from Rikae.

Not much of a trail to follow at all, which I think is probably why the wolves picked her.
Old 12-21-2006, 01:24 PM   #138
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Hmmm Kitanna got killed. Now that makes me think...Ok so why would the wolves pick Kitanna. Well the first day kill is usually one made well sort of in spite, the wolves can kill pretty much anyone they want the first day and have it not really point to anyone and if it does that could just be a way for them to desguise themselves as innocent. Or else they thought Kitanna an easy kill that would point to noone...OR they knew that it would make Rikae and Lal look guilty, seeing as they voted for her. So either the wolves are crafty and don't care if the first day voting points to them (ie. Rikae and/or Lal) Or they just killed Kitanna as an easy kill as I stated earlier. So I would like to hear more from Lal and Rikae today, so we can grasp somesort of an idea of what the wolves were up to.

Now yes I will comment on Morm's not here vote and suspision of me....Let me just say Morm ALWAYS suspects me the first few days....Not to say that sometimes he isn't right, but this time he has no good evidence at all to point to my wolvishness, and I assure you I am innocent and just here to help catch us some crafty werewolves.
Old 12-21-2006, 01:29 PM   #139
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Is mormegil's tale of going to the footy a smokescreen or not? Or am I getting paranoid in my old age?

Now Kitanna seemed to be playing very clever to me, a bit too incisive. That brought up my attention. Alas, I think a wolf was taking advantage of my novice status by picking on my vote as someone appropriate to kill - hoping that then attention would be driven towards moi as a wolf!

I am, however, going to begin the second dance with a fresh look at things, seeing as I got it so wrong last time.
Old 12-21-2006, 01:35 PM   #140
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
Hmm, I am not very surprised by Kitanna's death, despite the fact that she got voted for twice. She was overall considered to be innocent and left a very small trail.

Would Wolf-Rikae or Wolf-Mormegil pull a bluff like this? Nah, I do not think they really would have seen the need.

Furthermore, I am even more inclined to believe in Morm's innocence because of his early vote. A wolf would more readily grasp the excuse of absense to not vote at all, I should think. He seems quite convinced of Celuien's guilt, which is interesting. Even though Celuien's posts were careful yesterday, I did not consider her vote for Mormegil very blatantly furry.

I will have to review yesterday's posts again before I name any suspects.
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 02:36 PM   #141
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cailín
Hmm, I am not very surprised by Kitanna's death, despite the fact that she got voted for twice. She was overall considered to be innocent and left a very small trail.
My bolding, and this is just an example reflecting other comments said earlier on this game.

Does anyone else see the merit of my plan already? Why am I not dead? why isn't Nogrod, or Rikae, or even Folwren or Holbtlass or Celuien dead? What do we all have that Kitanna did not?

Yes, we were loud and noisy, and thus, likely to leave some sort of a trail. What have we said about Kitanna so far?

"Well, she pretty much leaves no trail, it could be a bold bluff, it could be an even bolder double bluff or it could be no bluff at all and the wolves just chose someone who would lead us nowhere"

I must say that I was the first to "abandon ship" and go against my own counsel, but it was too early to decide who was "silent". What would you have me do? vote for someone like Celuien, who became progressively more active as I went away? Since it was too early to make a judgement on the relative "silence" of every player, I was left with the more "regular" day 1 hunches.

Yet Today, not only I will probably be around for the end of the day (and thus, able to see who's been talking and who's not) but we'll also have two days worth of "history" to judge who's lurking in the shadows and who's dancing in the spotlight.

Unless anyone else has any sudden insight or theory on the identity of a wolf, I say we lynch ourselves a silent one.

A few questions that are running through my mind as I write this post.

Valier has posted, but has she said anything?
Is Naria playing this game or am I confused with another one?
Does Lawlende fool anyone with her "I'm a rookie werewolfer" claims? I believe she's smarter than what she lets on... much smarter.

Not that being smart means being a wolf, for all I know she might be a crafty ordo trying to avoid being killed during the breaks, but I'm just asking....
Old 12-21-2006, 03:13 PM   #142
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
Well, there is one obvious flaw in this plan. It makes things a lot easier for the two wolves, especially if they are notorious loudmouths themselves. They can just continue voting for the silent ones, if this becomes the generally accepted idea: silent ones who leave no trails at all once they are death and proven innocent because they voiced none of their opinions.

It is no good planning who to lynch or even what type of player to lynch. It will just make things easier for the evil creatures. Of course, there is about a 50/50 chance that there indeed is a wolf among the silent ones, but there might as well not be and then where will this plan lead us?

If there are absolutely no other options, only then it might be a good idea to lynch the ambiguous. But when I find wolvish behaviour in someone, that person will get my vote, regardless of quantity of posting.

It is nonetheless good to stimulate people to 'leave trails' as much as possible. It can be a lifesaver.
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 04:19 PM   #143
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farael
Does Lawlende fool anyone with her "I'm a rookie werewolfer" claims? I believe she's smarter than what she lets on... much smarter.

Not that being smart means being a wolf, for all I know she might be a crafty ordo trying to avoid being killed during the breaks, but I'm just asking....
All I can say on that one is that I've got vibes this time around. Santa's little naughty/nice elf has her antenna tuned in right now...
Old 12-21-2006, 04:42 PM   #144
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I agree that Kitanna is most probably a safe kill.

Poor Kit. Lynched on the first day already again...
How very unfair!

I think I will have a look at the votes now, especially the throw-aways. Since there are multiple lynchings, it is probably in the interest of the wolves to spread the votes - even more than it is usually.

Here's the tally:

Morm --> Rikae, 1
Kitanna --> Morm (Rikae 1, Morm 1)
Farael --> Folwren (Rikae 1, Morm 1, Folwren 1)
Morm X Rikae --> Valier (Morm 1, Folwren 1, Valier 1)
Cailin --> Kath (Morm 1, Folwren 1, Valier 1, Kath 1)
Celuien --> Morm (Morm 2, Folwren 1, Valier 1, Kath 1)
Lal --> Kitanna (Morm 2, Folwren 1, Valier 1, Kath 1, Kitanna 1)
Folwren --> Farael (Morm 2, Folwren 1, Valier 1, Kath 1, Kitanna 1, Farael 1)
Mac --> Kath (Morm 2, Folwren 1, Valier 1, Kath 2, Kitanna 1, Farael 1)
Valier --> Farael (Morm 2, Folwren 1, Valier 1, Kath 2, Kitanna 1, Farael 2)
Rikae --> Kitanna (Morm 2, Folwren 1, Valier 1, Kath 2, Kitanna 2, Farael 2)
Holby --> Morm (Morm 3, Folwren 1, Valier 1, Kath 2, Kitanna 2, Farael 2)
Nogrod --> Kath (Morm 3, Folwren 1, Valier 1, Kath 3, Kitanna 2, Farael 2)
Eomer --> Kath (Morm 3, Folwren 1, Valier 1, Kath 4, Kitanna 2, Farael 2)
Naria --> Rikae (Morm 3, Folwren 1, Valier 1, Kath 4, Kitanna 2, Farael 2, Rikae 1)

Kitanna and Kath are dead. Kath did not vote.
Most suspicious of these are to me:

Cailin - adds Kath as fourth name to the list. Her reasoning is well, but not too convincing.
Lalwende - adds fifth name. Not exactly a well-reasoned vote. This actually makes me feel confident about her. Wouldn't a new player, if a wolf, be more concerned about the appearance of the vote?
Folwren - the sixth name. Why does she not vote morm? You simply don't put a sixth name to the list if your other top suspect is already on the block. Very suspicious.
Valier - ties Farael with morm and Kath. A bit suspicious, but I will leave it there - today.
Rikae - votes for known innocent and ties Kitanna with three others. Suspicious.
Naria - throws vote away late. Voting morm would be too obvious if she is wolvish. Voting Kath would've destroyed the chance of a double lynching (if Kath would have appeared in the last moment). I hope we get her reasons for her vote today and I hope it will be more than "I was in a hurry and couldn't read up and figure out the situation"

According to this, Folwren is highly suspicious, Valier, Rikae and Naria somewhat, Cailín slightly.
I'm also getting strange vibes from two others, but I will wait what today will bring.

Something else:
Quote:
Yes, we were loud and noisy, and thus, likely to leave some sort of a trail.
Not necessarily. In fact, loud villagers who are off the trail, which most people are on Dance1, are a gift to the wolves.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 06:29 PM   #145
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Is Naria playing this game or am I confused with another one?
Umm, I know that Orc's are a little slow Farael or maybe you just missed the memo . At any rate I posted with what time was given to me during Dance1. Hope that makes your waters a little less murky

Mac, Yes I read through everything and yes I knew the situation. Simply put, I voted for her out of spite.

As of right now, I don't have any firm judgements. I am hoping that this will change as Dance2 tangos on.
Old 12-21-2006, 06:32 PM   #146
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

*puts a rose between her teeth* Tango anyone?!
Old 12-21-2006, 06:33 PM   #147
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Wow, i come back here after a long absence and I find only two posts... I should consider it a blessing, since I don't have to do a lot of catch-up, but then I'm trying to put in place a plan that'll only work if we all talk plenty.

I still stand by my plan. What most of you don't seem to grasp is that we could have this plan in place, and yet not vote for one "silent" person. If we are lucky, everyone will talk enough so that we can get a feel for them, and thus we won't lynch anyone based on silence alone. Yet, unless any of you has a "feel" on day 2 for a specific person, I say, let's lynch the "unfeelables" (aka, those that we won't get a feel for as they won't talk) now that it's too soon to have a good feel for anyone anyway!!!

That's the merit of my plan... I don't want to sound as a doom's day theorist, but we'll all regret it by the end of this game, when we start wondering whether Naria is silent because she's afraid of revealing something she should not if she talks more.

And is a misguided Ordo worse than a silent one? If the wolves start killing those that are off the trail hoping to lead us away from their scent, that'll leave only the ordos that are on the trail. If the wolves start killing the ones that are on the trail, then we'll notice it and follow their lead to victory!

And since only two names out of fourteen (at this point in time) are "on the trail", we can (by the use of logic and deduction) figure out after a few days any patterns that might be emerging. There are twelve "off the trail" names and two "on the trail". Thus, by following my plan, we force the wolves to play our game and start eliminating people that will leave a trail, whether by following their accusations directly, or by opposition

By letting the silents leave, we allow the wolves to kill those that leave no trail.

I might be becoming over-protective of my idea, but the more I think of it, the more I start suspecting those of you that oppose it!
Old 12-21-2006, 06:34 PM   #148
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naria
*puts a rose between her teeth* Tango anyone?!
Of course, that is the dance of my land. No, not Mordor, I mean Argentina!

I cross-posted with you by the way...
Old 12-21-2006, 06:53 PM   #149
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Naria is silent because she's afraid of revealing something she should not if she talks more.
Ah, don't you worry about lil ol me. The only thing I'm afraid of revealing is my bloomers while I spin around the floor . It just takes me a little longer than some to get a 'feel' for people and there is usually something in someone's post that will pop out at me and so far there hasn't been anything. I will however, go back and re-read what has been said....maybe I've missed something.

Farael, I understand your plan and it could maybe? possibly? work. What I don't understand is why you are so pushy for it. Pretty much every post you've made is about this plan of yours. And then you go on to say that you are becoming suspicious of the people that disagree with it. Why so pushy? Why suspicious of the disagree'rs?
Old 12-21-2006, 07:16 PM   #150
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Why so pushy?

Simple, because I'm quite convinced that it's pure genious! As far as I known, the villagers (or dancers in this case) are always content on playing into the wolves' hand and let them call the shots, while the villagers wait for a lucky break from the Seer or the Ranger.

What I'm proposing is the exact opposite. Let's take things into our own hands, define the playing field and force them to adapt. That way we'll force them into revealing their hand and ultimately their identities.
Old 12-21-2006, 07:23 PM   #151
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naria
And then you go on to say that you are becoming suspicious of the people that disagree with it. Why so pushy? Why suspicious of the disagree'rs?
Thinking about Farael's family tree, it seems to be a hereditary trait...

If anything, I think Kitanna's death puts Lal in the innocent category. If Lal's vote yesterday has any relationship to Kitanna's death, it's more likely an clumsy framing attempt than evidence against Lal.

Valier seems a little bit jumpy in response to being Morm's secondary suspect. That may bear watching.

I think it will take another review for me to come up with anything else...
Old 12-21-2006, 07:29 PM   #152
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I wonder whether the killing of Kitanna might not be intended to direct suspicion towards Lal, Morm and/or me. I realise it isn't having that effect, but a wolf might have hoped it would; and furthermore, Morm and I both expressed suspicion toward Valier, whocomes along today claiming the first kill is usually "out of spite" (implying Morm) and saying she wants to hear more from Lal and myself today to find out what the wolves were up to. I also don't particularly like this whole proclaiming her own innocence business - but my instincts seem to be off today, so I may be completely off base here. Just a thought.
As for lynching the quiet ones, Farael, whom do you suggest? You mentioned Naria; is she the one you want lynched today? You push this idea so doggedly, you seem not to concern yourself with the conversation that actually is going on. It almost looks like a cobblerish plan, either to protect a vocal wolf or, by turning other players off the idea with your over-enthusiasm, protect a quiet wolf.

EDIT: Crossed with last four posts.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 07:51 PM   #153
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Well, Naria has spoken up a bit since, if she keeps this up she'll be safe from the "silent" category (but by no means necessarily innocent).

For now, Valier has posted little and said little in her few posts, so she'd be a ripe candidate for lynching. Furthermore, as some have brought up, she has acted somewhat suspiciously, so it might be a win-win situation.

If you want any other names, You'll have to wait until the end of the day, since for now a handful of us have spoken today.

And if you've read my arguments at all, you'd notice that what I want is a loud-speaking wolf... that's a blessing for us, since the more they talk, the more likely it is that we'll find something to pick up on and nail them. And how would I protect a quiet wolf, if I'm adamantly trying to lynch the quiet ones?
Old 12-21-2006, 07:53 PM   #154
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

We're playing without editing, but I made a grammar error on my previous post.... where it says "For now a handful" It's supposed to be ONLY a handful.... I know, no big deal, but just in case you are finding it confusing to read.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:14 PM   #155
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I do not have very long, and I am a woman of few words, but, with what little time I have, and with what few posts I scanned, this is all I have to say.

Farael, what plan do you still stand by? Lynching a quiet one? Why didn't you lynch a quiet one yesterday? Kath talked an average amount, didn't she? I talked more than the average player in this game and you voted for me. Why didn't you go after one of your quiet ones?

Mac, I didn't vote for Morm because at the moment, I was more suspicious of Farael and Farael still seems more dangerous to me. Do you mind? I am inclined to believe Morm is a cobbler rather than a wolf, if he is anything, and I am also inclined to believe that Farael is a wolf rather than a cobbler, if he is anything.

As of now, I have no comments to make on Kitanna's death. I am sorry for it, of course, but it is a safe kill for the wolves and I think there is little else to be said for it.

I have not read today's posts carefully enough to comment more. Expect me to come back in roughly 12 hours to begin reading carefully and excpet an actual post from me in about 13 hours. This evening, for the next hour, I will be flitting in and out of the room, reading if anyone posts, but probably not commenting.

-- Countess Folwren
Folwren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 08:15 PM   #156
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Quote:
And how would I protect a quiet wolf, if I'm adamantly trying to lynch the quiet ones?
I suppose Rikae was arguing that you could be using a reverse psychology tactic and annoying everyone into annoying you by not lynching silent players to protect a quiet wolf. A complicated and confusing bluff. I think that's too complicated and confusing to be a plan that would be risked by anyone trying to protect the quiet.

Keeping everyone talking definitely has merit, and I'd agree that it helps to force the wolves into picking someone who has left more clues to follow. I rely heavily on trying to trace back the wolf picks to come up with my theories, and if too many are without trails, I'm completely lost.

Besides, every loud wolvish word has the potential to be a slipped wolvish word. And that helps too.

On the other hand, I'd still prefer to vote on suspicion over participation.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:15 PM   #157
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Crossed with Folwren. Nothing more to add.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:16 PM   #158
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
What I mean is, a cobbler-Farael may be trying, rather blatently, to distract us from a non-quiet wolf; or, in a sublter but riskier plan, getting us all to argue against a seemingly outrageous plan and therefore overlook a quiet wolf.
Either way, Farael may be up to something.
Quote:
For now, Valier has posted little and said little in her few posts, so she'd be a ripe candidate for lynching. Furthermore, as some have brought up, she has acted somewhat suspiciously, so it might be a win-win situation.
The other person I mentioned. Hmm.. a little too convenient?
Quote:
And if you've read my arguments at all, you'd notice that what I want is a loud-speaking wolf... that's a blessing for us, since the more they talk, the more likely it is that we'll find something to pick up on and nail them.
But you don't seem interested in actually looking for a wolf among those who are talking, ie, most of us.
Quote:
And how would I protect a quiet wolf, if I'm adamantly trying to lynch the quiet ones?
Maybe you knew such a plan would be distasteful to most, and would get everyone else defending the quiet ones, rather than suspecting them.

I'm sorry if this all comes off as interrogation; I'm not seriously suspecting you or anyone else at the moment, just tossing thoughts around.

EDIT: Crossed with Folwren and Celuien
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 08:19 PM   #159
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Well, actually, I do have something to add. As posted on the village notice board, I'll be away for the final hours of the day, so my vote will come a little early - about 7 hours from now. I'll be back around then with the vote and hopefully with a few more comments.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:33 PM   #160
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

This would be comical if it wasn't our "lives" that are on the line.

To answer to Folwren I already said that at the time I voted for you, it was too early in the day and thus too early to know who was quiet and who wasn't.

To answer Rikae, only a fool would vote for a silent person if there is a better choice... but can you offer any better choices? Pick me for all I care, and then let's let this village fall into silence, and voting hour turn into a random challenge where you vote for the one you like the least and pray that it also happens to be a wolf.

What I am proposing is not to lynch the silent ones all throughout the game, but to lynch them now when there are no better leads! Do you have a better lead? Be my guest, follow it, even if it means you arguing that I'm a wolf (and I guarantee you, I'm not).

But, Until we have some more solid evidence to work on, why not get rid of those that'll come back to haunt us later?

When there is one wolf left among two "talkers" and two "silent ones", what will you do? Lynch at talker and there'll be no discussion on the last (and most important) Day. Lynch a silent one and the last thing you hear may be a loud laugh, while the loud wolf kills you that night and then manipulates his way into a victory the day after.

Let's take that facet of the game while there is time! By ridding ourselves of the silent ones early on, we both bid our time and colect evidence so that later on the game we have something to work on!

Look, my plan is a "long-term" solution... sure, at first we might err, but the longer the game goes on, the harder it becomes for a wolf in the spotlight not to trip over his/her own tounge. That's where we capitalize in our loud-mouthed smarts and kill them!!