The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2013, 05:48 PM   #1
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Boots Admin thread for WW CI - Mutton yesterDay, mutton toDay and mutton toMorrow

Welcome to WW CI - Mutton yesterDay, mutton toDay and mutton toMorrow modded by Legate of Amon Lanc and yours truly!

This is your one and only chance to be a troll on the 'downs without arousing the anger of the admins! Three unlucky ones, however, will be cast as werewizards using their powers of ventriloquism and mastery of shapes to troll around with the trolls in order to get them all turned into stone.

RULES

- Every night (Day), you vote for one troll to get lynched. The votes should be posted on a separate line, boldened, like this:

++Thintrollmien

- Votes posted after the DL (with timestamp later than :00) do NOT count. A person that does not vote for two nights (Days) in a row will be modfired (exceptions can be made in special cases).

- No retractions to votes, and no double-lynches. In the case of a tie, the first person to get the most votes is lynched.

- The deadline is 10 pm GMT.

ROLES

Four Wizards (Wolves), whose goal is to eliminate the poor trolls. Each day (Night), they can PM to each other and pick one person they are going to kill that day (Night). (Your picks should be preferably PMed to both the Mods and at least an hour before the DL.)

One Clever Troll (Seer), who can discover one person's role each day (Night). (PM both the Mods and one of them will reply to you about the person's role.)

One Insomniac Troll (Ranger), who can't sleep during the day (Night) and instead can choose to protect one person each day (Night) (PM both the mods). The protected person won't die that day (Night) if targeted by the Wizards. The Insomniac can't protect him/herself and can't protect the same person twice in a row.

The Bearer of the Troll-Purse (Hunter). This troll owns a special Troll-Purse which s/he can alert to watch out for one person every Night or Day (send a PM with the name to both the Mods). In case the Purse-Bearer is lynched or killed, the Troll-Purse will make sure the targeted person won't get away unscathed. If the Purse-Bearer is lynched, the person targeted dies automatically, if s/he's killed while asleep, the person targeted dies only if the s/he is a Wizard.

One Traitor Troll (Cobbler). This troll is a traitor to all his/her race, and works in league with the wizards without knowing who they are. He wins if they win, but he counts as an ordinary troll in the tally. When "dreamt" by the clever troll, he will show up as the cobbler.

The general rule for all the special roles is that you should send the PM with your pick to both Mods, so that it's guaranteed it's received (also it's guaranteed, in the case of Seer, that you get your reply as soon as possible).

PLAYER LIST

A Little Green
Bane Mantra
Boromir88
Brinniel
Coppermirror
Gil-Galad
Inziladun
Kath
Loslote
McCaber
Morsul the Dark
Nerwen
Nogrod
Ozban
Pomegranate
Rikae
satansaloser2005
Shastanis Althreduin
Volo

The game will start today at 10 pm GMT with a dawning day in the trolls' world, that is a Night phase. (Sorry with messing up with your heads with that but we mods need to get our chance at trolling too. )

Last edited by Thinlómien; 01-20-2013 at 03:50 PM.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:03 PM   #2
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
Ever-lovable Gil-Galad is in to die on the first day!

I honestly think my personal best in surviving has been 3 nights.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:15 PM   #3
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Thumbs up

I heard you were looking for a troll?
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:28 PM   #4
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
And blimey if I miss this game, despite the fact that I am getting stretched over all my RL stuff. My brain feels like it was scraped too thin over assignments. But I won't miss this game unless I absolutely have to.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:53 PM   #5
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I'm in. I've got oodles of time I can make for this!
Old 01-15-2013, 08:06 PM   #6
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I'm in
Old 01-16-2013, 05:48 AM   #7
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dűm

Coppermirror is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
A "maybe" from me. I'd like to play, but I need to think about the timing for it a bit more.
Coppermirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:18 AM   #8
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
White-Hand

May these words filling up this blank field be the signature on my death warrant.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:41 PM   #9
Bane Mantra
Newly Deceased

Bane Mantra has just left Hobbiton.
If you'd have me, I'd like to be in.

I'm a big fan of Werewolf/Mafia. It's been a life-age of the earth since I've played.
Bane Mantra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:56 PM   #10
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Welcome to the 'Downs werewolf Bane Mantra!

For me it is all about the schedule. I'm going to be most definitively away from a computer for a few days in the beginning of February. So if we start soonish or if it takes a long time to start I'm most definitively in.

It's not every day you can be a troll with a license.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:05 PM   #11
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
ongZZZ!!! guyz i wna plAy 2!!!!1!eleven
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:24 AM   #12
Pomegranate
Wight

Pomegranate is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I don't think I have a choice of missing this one, since Volo is playing, way too curious

However, I'll also have to give some schedule constraints. I will be away for a while mid-February, potentially also for a while some time before that. So I think I'll have to be a question mark until there is a clearer idea on when this starts.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:37 AM   #13
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Sign me up, please!
Old 01-17-2013, 05:30 AM   #14
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Thumbs up

Hey guys, you're pretty impressive!!! Welcome everyone!

If Cop is in, we already have 12 players which is the minimum requirement for starting. I'm thinking we could wait a few more days, hopefully get a few more people and start sometime next week? How does this sound (especially curious about Cop, Nog and Pom)?
Old 01-17-2013, 06:05 AM   #15
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dűm

Starting next week would be good timing for me, so I'm in. I hope we do get a few more players, though. It'd be fun to play in a game with over 12 players.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:30 AM   #16
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Arrrggghhh I want to go to there, but the issue is going to be the deadline. Meh, whatever this game is too neat to miss, but most days I'll have to vote, well right about the time it is now.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:34 AM   #17
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Ack! I haven't thought it would start so soon! I would really appreciate it if you wait a few days.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:00 AM   #18
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I need this in my life.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:58 PM   #19
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Looking at Boro's post, could you postpone the DL a few hours later so that people in the US could have a chance to vote nearer the DL? I mean if two or three hours would make a difference... if it doesn't, then let's forget it.

If we have already people enough to play, why not start (at least) N1 already on the weekend? We'd still have a few days to make it 15 (or more). And with this flood of players coming in it would seem we'd be able to do even that.

My personal schedual just says I'm going to be away from the 31st on for a day, two or three. So if we start during the weekend or on Monday, I'm in - if you allow me in.

As free to troll I can promise to get myself killed before the 31st...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:14 PM   #20
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

I am looking at my schedule, and I see that I have no life this weeks and the better half of net week. I can play only if it starts at least in a week. If you're starting this weekend, I would have to drop out. Sorry folks. I didn't think we'd get so many players so quickly.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:21 AM   #21
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Looking at Boro's post, could you postpone the DL a few hours later so that people in the US could have a chance to vote nearer the DL? I mean if two or three hours would make a difference... if it doesn't, then let's forget it.
We can discuss that, though we chose the DL after deliberate thinking and with that in mind that the most important thing is that both the Mods (or at least one) can be around on DL. We are not all always staying up until 3 AM and such, unlike some

But I think in earlier games, it used to be pretty common phenomenon that people from one side of the Sea very often voted long before DL and it did not really matter (at least they could start the Day). I am often voting way before DL myself with the American deadlines and it isn't really such a big deal (speaking for myself, of course).

Quote:
If we have already people enough to play, why not start (at least) N1 already on the weekend? We'd still have a few days to make it 15 (or more). And with this flood of players coming in it would seem we'd be able to do even that.
We'll see about it, the point simply is to have enough players. Otherwise, it does not really matter much when we start, I'd say.

Quote:
My personal schedual just says I'm going to be away from the 31st on for a day, two or three. So if we start during the weekend or on Monday, I'm in - if you allow me in.
I think we are basically in the stage of "let's see if we start getting or losing players as we prolong the start..." We would prefer to start soon-ish too, anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
I am looking at my schedule, and I see that I have no life this weeks and the better half of net week. I can play only if it starts at least in a week. If you're starting this weekend, I would have to drop out. Sorry folks. I didn't think we'd get so many players so quickly.
We didn't, either - the quick influx of players is a surprise, of course, but a pleasant one. It's a pity if you can't play, though.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:29 AM   #22
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dűm

I'm not too fussed about when the deadline is, but at present, the current 8PM GMT deadline will be (I think) at 9AM my time. That means that on most weekdays and maybe one day of the weekend it won't be possible for me to be around then as I've got places I need to be, so unless I get up really early I'll need to place my vote the night before. If the deadline is shifted on for 2 or 3 hours as Nogrod's suggested, I'll still have to do that.

So, it'll be an early voting game for me. I don't mind that at all, but please bear in mind when looking at vote placement that on some days of the game I'll have no sensible option but to vote early. (The non-sensible option would be getting up at 5AM or 6AM. Which I might still do, but will try not to.)
Old 01-18-2013, 06:52 AM   #23
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Moving the DL back 1 hour for most days won't do much for me, so I'm fine where it is now and will just make do with early voting. I can probably get on around my lunch too so it would be 2-3 hours before the DL.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:51 AM   #24
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
If you still need cannon-fodder, I'm up for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil-Galad View Post
Ever-lovable Gil-Galad is in to die on the first day!
I think I can give you a run for your money there.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:30 PM   #25
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Can I sign up?

Deadline would be fine for me.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:24 PM   #26
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thumbs up

Cool! Welcome, Boro, Zil, Sally and Kath!

This means we have 15-16 players depending whether G55 can make it or not + possible late sign ups. (How does it look, Gal? It would be awesome if you can play, but we understand schedule issues.)

I say, if we have 15 players, let's have a cobbler, but if we have 16 or more, let's have 4 wolves (or wizards, as they will be called in this game). I don't remember when there last was a game with 4 wolves! (Then again, I haven't really been around lately to be honest.)

This means we can start the game with Night1 on Sunday at 10 pm GMT. Anybody lurking out there can still sign up until we say you can't.

PS. Thanks to whoever gave me the mysterious and lazily typed rep for this thread.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:39 PM   #27
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
just double checking if I got the right info. 10pm GMT is 5pm EST?

That's fine just checking
Old 01-18-2013, 03:10 PM   #28
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
just double checking if I got the right info. 10pm GMT is 5pm EST?

That's fine just checking
That is what it seems to me, however my math isn't foolproof. But I think so. For confirmation, the DL is simply about 50 minutes from the timestamp of this post.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 01-18-2013, 03:21 PM   #29
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Indeed. That makes it 5 pm EST, and 4 pm in Sally land. That is absolutely perfect.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:19 PM   #30
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THanks legate and Sally
Old 01-18-2013, 04:43 PM   #31
Bane Mantra
Newly Deceased

Bane Mantra has just left Hobbiton.
10 pm GMT is perfect for me, as I am GMT-5.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:37 PM   #32
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
Don't start without me!
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:31 PM   #33
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
(How does it look, Gal? It would be awesome if you can play, but we understand schedule issues.)
Doesn't look good at all. Schedule's filled up for about a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
I don't remember when there last was a game with 4 wolves!
That would be Nerwen's Where the Stars Are Strange, if I remember correctly. Long time ago!!!
Old 01-19-2013, 03:09 AM   #34
Pomegranate
Wight

Pomegranate is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
wohoo, things are fast! Yes, i'll be in starting sunday.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:19 AM   #35
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCaber View Post
Don't start without me!
Very nice, very nice! Welcome on board, sir.

Quote:
Doesn't look good at all. Schedule's filled up for about a week.
Well, with relatively big amount of players, the game of course might take longer, so if it was even remotely possible for you to participate during the first week, you could pick up with more momentum later on (if you were still alive). I mean, one week is three Days (resp. Nights, since we are trolls ), or four, of course depending on your schedule... But it's up to you, if you think it makes any sense. Certainly don't take it as pressure.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:24 AM   #36
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
I am soooooooooooo tempted! I seriously don't have the time for anything extra, but I'd love to play since I didn't play all autumn.. If slightly limited participation is okay you can count me in if there's still room. Who cares about studying anyway.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:41 AM   #37
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Well, with relatively big amount of players, the game of course might take longer, so if it was even remotely possible for you to participate during the first week, you could pick up with more momentum later on (if you were still alive). I mean, one week is three Days (resp. Nights, since we are trolls ), or four, of course depending on your schedule... But it's up to you, if you think it makes any sense. Certainly don't take it as pressure.
I think that if I would participate, I would have to give up on sleep altogether. I'm coming home ridiculously late because of work and extracurriculars, and my schoolwork leaves me a precious little time to spare.

I'll try to follow the game as much as I can, though.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:13 AM   #38
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
I am soooooooooooo tempted! I seriously don't have the time for anything extra, but I'd love to play since I didn't play all autumn.. If slightly limited participation is okay you can count me in if there's still room. Who cares about studying anyway.
That's the word of a man! Erm... well, you get the point. So I take it as "yes"

Quote:
I think that if I would participate, I would have to give up on sleep altogether. I'm coming home ridiculously late because of work and extracurriculars, and my schoolwork leaves me a precious little time to spare.

I'll try to follow the game as much as I can, though.
Then definitely don't overdo it. But you can watch and root for the teams
Old 01-19-2013, 04:05 PM   #39
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

So just to make everyone know, in case you might've overlooked it in the thread, the game will start in 24 hours from now (with a Night phase, as usual... resp. Day, since trolls are active during night, and it's the day-time when they are being slaughtered, as we all know But anyway, it will be the plotting-time for the Wizards, as usual). We will send you roles shortly before the start, and you can also expect the rules being posted up here in the first post for easy reference and clarification.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:02 AM   #40
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

The rules and the roles have been edited into the first post. Sign ups are still open until an hour or two before the deadline and if we happen to get a player or two more, a cobbler will be added to the game. Otherwise the rules and the roles are not going to change.

Since everyone will not be reading the rules anyway I'm saying here that there will be four wolves in the game since we have 17 players at the moment.