The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2002, 09:36 PM   #81
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Birdland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Don't any of you young'uns read T.H. White anymore? (sniffle...sigh) Before there was Tolkien for me, there was "The Once and Future King". And his lesser known work "Mistress Masham's Repose".

If you haven't read White, you don't know what you're missing!
Birdland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2002, 04:57 AM   #82
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Thumbs up

T.H. White, The Once and Future King---what a great book. Not in the same class as Tolkien, but just one step below. It's interesting that T.A. Shippey, when he recently did an interview about his Tolkien biography and his Road to Middle Earth, was asked if we would see GREAT fantasy writers in the future. He replied sadly that characters like Tolkien and T.H. White are gone. The type of education we offer as well as the way the modern world tends to iron out differences between regions, individuals, etc. makes it less likely that we will get the kind of books that White and Tolkien wrote, books that come from the very soul and make one weep in joy and sadness. He said he hoped he was wrong, but he feared it was so. Don't you love the way White describes and uses animals in his work to teach the young king. Tolkien is master of green, growing things, especially trees, and White is master of all types and forms of birds and beasts. Two men, so different--boy were they different!-- and both masterful. sharon [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-27-2002, 03:19 PM   #83
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Samwise has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Samwise
Sting

"Mistress Masham's Repose"! Oh, that was one of my favorites!! It's been so long....but I read it several times. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Quote:
"If I hear 'not allowed' much oftener I'm going to get angry."
Sam Gamgee
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Samwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2002, 07:12 PM   #84
dragongirlG
Wight

dragongirlG has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Let's see...(some of these I don't know the author of)
The Ear, the Eye, and the Arm
The Iron Ring
The Wrinkle in Time and all the Madeline L'Engle books. Excellent author.
The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis

I don't think I read fantasy that much...I mean, I read more little-kiddy books for fantasy. I'm currently absorbed in the classics.
dragongirlG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2002, 07:30 PM   #85
Dior
Wight

Dior has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The Shannara series by Terry Brooks have to be the best fantasy books besides Tolkien's ever. Madeline L'engle is good too.

1. The Sword of Shannara
2. The Elfstones of Shannara
3. The Wishsong of Shannara
The First King of Shannara(prologue, equivalent to The Hobbit).
Old 03-28-2002, 05:25 AM   #86
Nice-Smeagol
Animated Skeleton

Nice-Smeagol has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

My favourite fantasy books apart from LOTR are the Discworld books by Terry Pratchett (which take a lighthearted look at fantasy).
If I remember rightly there is a bit that he has stolen from LOTR
"Two pale glows appeared at the edge of the edge of the lamplight. Eventually they turned out to be the eyes of a small grey froglike creature paddling towards them on a log. It reached the boat, long clammy fingers reached over the side and a lubrigous face rose level with Nanny Ogg's.
'Ullo, It's my birthday', it said.
All three of them sared at it for a while. Then Granny Weatherwax picked up an oar and hit it firmly over the head. There was a splash and distant cursing.
'Horrible little bugger', said Granny.
'Yeah, its the slimy ones you've got to look out for. said Nanny."
Witches Abroad

Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe heheheheheheheheheeheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheh ehe...... etc. etc. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

LONG LIVE TERRY PRATCHETT!

I'm evil I know, but hey, who's gonna stop me! Bwahahahahahahaha!
Nice-Smeagol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 09:34 AM   #87
silme-ranaa
Animated Skeleton

silme-ranaa has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to silme-ranaa
Sting

the latest fantasy fiction i've read is A Song Of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin.I 'd recomend it to all.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. unknown
silme-ranaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 04:23 PM   #88
Jessica Jade
Wight

Jessica Jade has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Jessica Jade
Sting

I read the first Narnia book in fith grade. I haven't touched the series since, but maybe i will again if i have time, because that book was really good! Well, i plan to read Dune next. A sci-fi novel, actually, but it sounds intriguing and epic. I love epics [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

The musicians had indeed laid bare the youngest, most innocent of our ideas of life, the indestructible yearning for the way things aren't and can never be. ~ Philip Roth, The Human Stain
Jessica Jade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 11:04 PM   #89
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Sting

Silme-Ranaa - I was wandering the stacks in the Sci-Fi/Fantasy section at The Book Loft (Best bookstore in the world! Hurray!) One of the sale guys walked up to me and said "Wanna read something really great?" and pointed right at Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" series. So I bought the the first book "A Game of Thrones" and put it in the stack of other books I'm planning on reading. Maybe I'll move it up to the top of the heap now.

I'd gotten out of even attempting to read any of the plethora of "fantasy trilogies" for many years. And if they make any comparisons to Tolkien, I run the other way!

I remember first picking up "The Sword of Shannara" series back in the 70's because it promised to be "just like Tolkien". After one chapter I practically threw it across the room. "That's not Tolkien! I want more Tolkien!" Unfortunately, he died a year later, so I didn't get my wish.

Anyway, George Martin better come through, or he's going straight into the kindling box!

[ March 29, 2002: Message edited by: Birdland ]
Old 03-31-2002, 03:02 AM   #90
Gimli Son Of Gloin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Gimli Son Of Gloin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

After I read LOTR, all other books seemed total trash (cept' the Bible and suck). I did however like "The time Machine" by H.G. Wells, "Journey to the Center of the Earth" -i forget the author. I think harry potter is a totally trash, and is only useful for building a fire. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
Old 03-31-2002, 03:05 AM   #91
Gimli Son Of Gloin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

such*
Old 03-31-2002, 03:06 AM   #92
Gimli Son Of Gloin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

such*
Old 03-31-2002, 08:55 AM   #93
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

The Barrow-Wight is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Forum Lesson #1: EDITING POSTS

Look for the little icon that looks like a hammer over a piece of paper. Hold your mouse over it Click. Now edit your posts.

[ March 31, 2002: Message edited by: The Barrow-Wight ]
Old 03-31-2002, 09:54 AM   #94
Tarlondeion Of Gondolin
Haunting Spirit

Tarlondeion Of Gondolin has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

I read a lot of Star Wars books.

Raymond E Feist (Riftwar series, amongst others) is also a great fantasy authour.

So's Robart Jordan (wheel of time series).

I like Redwall by Brian Jaques too.
Tarlondeion Of Gondolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002, 04:55 PM   #95
gollum*elf*pup
Shade of Carn Dûm

gollum*elf*pup has just left Hobbiton.
Thumbs up

ooo! my other favourite books are Squire and In the Realms if the Gods, by Tamora Pierce. V. good books! (I love griffins)
Old 04-02-2002, 06:11 PM   #96
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Tigerlily Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tigerlily Gamgee
Silmaril

I am really bad when it comes to reading. I haven't really read much since High School. There I mostly read the classics (for books reports and such) - one fantasy book I enjoyed was Stephen Kings The Eyes Of The Dragon.
I also am a HUGE fan of The Last Unicorn!!!
Let's just say that reading The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings, and The Silmarillion has been my great leap and bound back into the world of reading. I will move on to other fantasies as soon as I can ween myself away from Tolkien's books [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Tigerlily Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 11:43 AM   #97
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

gollum*elf*pup, hello there! Welcome!
~your friendly neighborhood gardener.
Quote:
"Yes, sir!" said Sam. "Begging your pardon, sir! But I meant no wrong to you, Mr. Frodo, nor to Mr. Gandalf. He has some sense, and when you said go alone, he said no! take someone as you can trust. "
[ April 03, 2002: Message edited by: Samwise ]
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Old 04-03-2002, 11:52 AM   #98
Weber
Animated Skeleton

Weber has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Weber
Sting

ive read the chronicles of narnia (especially The Horse and His Boy [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]) AND hARRY POTTER(DONT KNOW If that counts)
Old 04-03-2002, 11:53 AM   #99
Weber
Animated Skeleton

Weber has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Weber
Sting

also [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] the LOrd of The Rings
Old 04-03-2002, 01:12 PM   #100
amyrlis
Wight

amyrlis has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I am currently re-reading The Chronicles of Narnia, read all of them once when I was younger. And, if it counts as Fantasy, I've read the first 3 Harry Potter's. Other than those and Tolkien, I haven't read any other Fantasy works. I'm a big fan of what I guess you'd call "classic liturature", also known as the pre-college reading list. I.E. All Quiet on the Western Front, Red Sky at Morning, East of Eden and Wuthering Heights. And, I've added The Last Unicorn to my reading list after recently finding out that it is in fact a book - just need to get around to obtaining a copy.
Old 04-03-2002, 02:25 PM   #101
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

i luv Dianna Wynne Jones books, especially the Chrestomanci books, and Dogsbody.

Also i like The Wind On Fire Trilogy by William Nicholson,(The Windsinger, The Slaves Of The Mastery are the two that r out.)theyr so dramatic and reind me of lotr, sacrifice, drama, terror, seperation, destruction, tragedy.....*sigh*

Amother good lot are the Deepwoods Chronicles, Beyond the Deepwoods, Midnight Over Sanctaphrax, Stormchaser etc. Twig rules!

But i could never forget the modern master of fantasy, the heir to tolkiens legends, the one, the only, (ok,im entitled to give it a bit of atmosphere ok!?)Philip Pullman! His Dark Materials are my most read and most treasured books on my entire shelf, and they have pride of place right beside LOTR and The Hobbit. I actually had a dream about Will once...ahem!
I think theyre making a film of Northern Lights soon....if ne1 knows NETHING AT ALL ABOUT THAT PLEASE TELL ME!!!!!!EVEN JUST WOT FILM COMPANY IS MAKING IT,AUDITIONS,AFTER THAT WHOS IN IT,GOOD SITES.....ANYTHING!!!!!!!PLEASE I AM BEGGING U! mailto:smallville_kicksass@hotmail.comsmallville_kicksass@hotmail.com</A>
ure pleadingly
lol
amy
Old 04-03-2002, 05:32 PM   #102
Vinyacairwen
Pile O'Bones

Vinyacairwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Vinyacairwen
Sting

I read the Narnia books when I was in elementary school...I really liked them then, especially The Horse and his Boy and Voyage of the Dawn Treader. Now, my favorite fantasy books/series are The Wayfarer Redemption by Sarah Douglass, and I've recently started reading the first DragonLance book (Dragons of Autumn Twilight ::chuckles:: funny name), which I find mildly interesting. The Rhapsody books were kinna interesting to me, but I wasn't quite into them...her work was supposedly so good people compared it to Tolkien. /I/ wasn't impressed.
Old 04-04-2002, 04:14 AM   #103
LadyArwen
Pile O'Bones

LadyArwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
'HIS DARK MATERIALS' is a must, and I've just learned that it is being made into a movie.
A movie! A movie?A MOVIE!! I must say I'm a great fan of Philip Pullman. Northern Lights, the Subtle Knife, The Amber Spyglass ... exactly what I would call 'riveting stuff'. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Also, one series which I haven't seen posted is the Abhorsen Series - 'Sabriel' is the first book, 'Lirael' the second, and the third, 'Abhorsen', is yet to come. I highly recommend this series - you get swept into this whole world of magic, mystery and ...... (fill in the dotted line with appropriate answer, as I can't think of one [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img])
I found Lirael the better of the two, so if you don't like Sabriel, then don't be put off - have a go at Lirael.

Now, what else have I got on my shelf ... *has a quick look* Hm ... 'The Day of the Triffids' ... 'Lord of the Rings' (of course!) ... 'Witches Abroad' ... 'The Last Dragonlord' ... 'Daghter of the Forest' ...
Well, that's about all the fantasy I have here!
Btw, I read the Prydain Chronicles and I found they just didn't pull me into the story. Then again, I was 9, so I guess I might have changed a bit [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

A Philip Pullman series I highly recommend, though it isn't exactly fantasy, is his 'Ruby in the Smoke' quartet. Again, absolutely 'riveting stuff' [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] These include 'The Ruby in the Smoke', 'The Shadow in the North', 'The Tiger in the Well', and 'The Tin Princess'. I didn't find 'The Tin Princess' as good as the others, but that's just me.

And of course, how could I forget Harry Potter? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Not as deep as Tolkien, of course, but a fantastic, magical adventure story all the same!

And finally, I recommend Lewis Carrol, for a wonderful, absolutely ridiculous laugh-until-you-get-a-stitch time. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Oops. That post was a bit long ... got a bit carried away there ... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Well, if you have any recommendations, please feel free to email me at glitterglossbug_smh@hotmail.com

Thank you!
-LadyArwen
Old 04-04-2002, 06:19 AM   #104
Neferchoirwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Neferchoirwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Neferchoirwen
Sting

Gee. The Last Unicorn into a live action movie? Samwise, you cheered me up there. Thanks for sharing that! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
I saw something about Myst in here somewhere. If I got right, I saw the sequel, Riven, in book form. I was so stupid not to buy it. (It was worth some 6 US dollars) I hope I get to see it on the stores again. (Oh please, God)
I have a copy of 'The Once and Future King,' but haven't read it yet. (I will within the year) But I was in the library a few months ago, and I saw this small book, which was supposed to be the 'true last chapter of the once and future king.' does that mean that it actually has 5 books instead of four?
just asking. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Neferchoirwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2002, 06:28 AM   #105
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Sting

Quote:
LONG LIVE TERRY PRATCHETT
thanku!
lol
amy
Old 04-04-2002, 03:40 PM   #106
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Sting

Neferchoirwen - Here's the link: The Last Unicorn Movie. Can't wait 'til they post a message board! (Ack! Did I just say that?!)

Not that I'd ever go THERE!

As for the 5th O&FK book: The Book of Merlin, it's been awhile since I read it, but it's kind of a "flashback" book, with references to WW II in it. The details are kind of fuzzy, since it's been years since I read it, but I don't think it's necessary to run out and get it, and I notice it has never been included in later editions of White's book.
Old 04-14-2002, 09:28 AM   #107
Nevfeniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nevfeniel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Quote:
I read the first Narnia book in fith grade. I haven't touched the series since
[img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] I LOVE The Chronicles of Narnia! You need to read the others! My fave one was, and still is, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader.
Consider the purr a variety of audible tranquilizer. [. . .] For a few of us, there is one more purr, a secret purr. When we combine our secret purrs, we produce the Purr of Power. And that is simply the amplified amity we feel as furred and purred beings.
Nevfeniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2002, 03:57 PM   #108
Brimstone Goldenwing
Animated Skeleton

Brimstone Goldenwing has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I don't ready that much (always playing video games) but some fantasy books that I enjoyed reading are Dragon's Blood, Dealing with Dragons, The Last Battle, and The Hero and the Crown [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I'm trying to kick myself into reading more books..always playing video games (BAD BRIMSTONE! BAD!)..

[ April 14, 2002: Message edited by: Brimstone Goldenwing ]
Telepathic powers and strength of the gods,
Gives them an advantage that beats all the odds,
Elves and orks and humans alike,
All have a fear of the dragon’s great bite,
And nobody dares to fight the great creature,
For there’s something to fear of its every little feature.
-"Dragon's Feast", part of poem by David Bankson
Brimstone Goldenwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2002, 06:58 PM   #109
Manelwen
Haunting Spirit

Manelwen has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Marion Zimmer Bradely.
Ursela LeGuinn
Meredith Ann Pierce

Meredith Ann Pierce's Darkangel Trilogy is trippy. Lots of six winged vampyres and soul drinking.
Old 04-14-2002, 09:43 PM   #110
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Manelwen, hullo and welcome to the "club"! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
~your friendly neighborhood gardener.
Quote:
For some time Frodo and Sam managed to keep up with the others, but after a while they lagged behind. Sam's cut was burning like fire, and his head felt light. In spite of the shining sun the wind felt chill. He shivered.
Old 04-14-2002, 09:57 PM   #111
Lush
Fair and Cold

Lush is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
Heh, I read the newspaper every day. Does that count?
Old 04-15-2002, 06:19 PM   #112
Maluriel
Pile O'Bones

Maluriel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I read Animorphs (even though it's ended, don't know if that counts) I read the Lost Years of Merlin and any of Bruce Coville's fantacy series. I also write my own novels about a fantacy land called Forest Everlasting that I've been working on for about five years. I'm writing a God moralled novel called Fallowing Truth right now, it's a fantacy about a quest, so look out for it when I become a famous author! My pen name is Kat DeLaney.
Old 04-15-2002, 06:44 PM   #113
Ahanarion
Haunting Spirit

Ahanarion has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Finally someone else who likes the Lost Years of Merlin.
Old 04-16-2002, 08:35 PM   #114
dragongirlG
Wight

dragongirlG has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I've also read Animorphs. It was good.

Another good book:
A Wrinkle in Time and its sequels by Madeline L'Engle
dragongirlG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2002, 06:41 PM   #115
Nevfeniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nevfeniel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Quote:
A Wrinkle in Time and its sequels by Madeline L'Engle
Ooh, I love those books! At first, I thought that A Swiftly Tilting Planet was boring, but since Sep. 11, I've been able to relate to it a little better.
Consider the purr a variety of audible tranquilizer. [. . .] For a few of us, there is one more purr, a secret purr. When we combine our secret purrs, we produce the Purr of Power. And that is simply the amplified amity we feel as furred and purred beings.
Nevfeniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2002, 07:14 AM   #116
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Thalionyulma has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Aside from JRRT's works I like Raymond Feist tales of Midkemia. (RF must have been greatly influenced by JRRT, he even calls the elves "edhel")

also enjoyed several books from DragonLance & Forgotten Realms (sorry forgot the authors). And how about Katherine Kurtz(?), the one about Pern and dragons.... also about the stories about Gwenydd & Derynis (I can't believe I forgot the author! sheeez!)

I've controlled myself not to get the other books mentioned (like Merlin's, and the ones by Jordan) because I drive myself crazy waiting for the next books availability... [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Thalionyulma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2002, 01:48 PM   #117
grimlock

Shield

OK, I'm new here, and I'm not english so forgive me for any wrong translation of titles please.
I've read "the wheel of times" -serie, the "Shannara" books, many books about Pern (sorry for that), Harry Potter, The "Death Gate" books and various others (which titles or authors I don't remeber anymore).
I also like reading the books that come from Magic: The Gathering.
And I've seen the animation-version of "The last Unicorn" which I thought was absolutely fantastic
Old 04-18-2002, 06:19 PM   #118
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

mîrlos, hullo! Always glad t' see another newbie! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Be welcomed an' post lots!
Quote:
Sam looked up into the pale sky, fearing to see hawks or eagles hovering over them with bright unfriendly eyes.
"You do make me feel uncomfortable and lonesome, Strider! " he said.
Old 04-18-2002, 09:09 PM   #119
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Sting

Welcome Mîrlos!

Just curious: did you read the books in English, or were they translated into French?

Hope you've read "The Last Unicorn", too. Not to be missed!
Old 04-19-2002, 12:18 AM   #120
KingCarlton
Wight

KingCarlton has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

Where the heck was this thread hiding for so long....man, I almost started another one.
Let's see now, ever since I could read by myself (around the first grade)I have been reading comic books and fairy tales.
Enid Blyton's books fascinated me very much in those early innocent years and I loved to read about Superman leaping tall buildings etc.
I went on to read The Chronicles of Narnia as I grew older and then got a hold of Tolkien's works at the age of 12.

These are the authors that are my all time favourites( including the ones previously mentioned), in no particular order.

Arthur C Doyle
Robert E Howard
Edgar R Burroughs
Edgar Allen Poe
H.G.Wells
G. Rider Haggard
Isaac Asimov
Arthur C Clarke
Michael Crichton
Robert E Michener
George Orwell
Jerome K Jerome
John Byrne
Richard and Wendy Pini
George Lucas

And I still read comics to this day, in fact I have a huge collection.

Cheers !
Know ye People, that between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities, And the rise of the sons of Aryas, there was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars.

Hither came Carlton, the King, black haired, bronze hued, mightily thewed, sullen eyed. Sword in hand, a warrior, a destroyer, a conqueror. With gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jewelled thrones of the Earth, under his sandalled feet.
KingCarlton is offline   Reply With Quote