The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-11-2010, 09:50 AM   #561
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
Why is Wilwa only semi-known?
For the same reason as the others: one of them might have been turned since.

Er... why do you only ask about Wilwa?

EDIT:clarity.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:58 AM   #562
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
For the same reason as the others: they all might have been turned since.

Er... why do you only ask about Wilwa?
Because I always get confused about the nicknames for Inziladun and Isabellkya.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 10:00 AM   #563
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Quote:
Too big an assumption, I think. I mean, it's logical, and I wouldn't write off Zil as a non-wolf yet– but as you say yourself, being hard to lynch is only one reason people get Night-killed. In the case of Nienna and Brinn, at any rate, it looks to me like the wolves were after possible gifteds (actual, in Ni's case).
I know. That's likely true. Votes are just easier for me to analyse for possibilities. I have no clue what the wolves might be seeing in peoples posts, especially with the votes working the way they are (with us all getting so many) quite a few people could have looked seer-ish to the wolves. I'm sure if we looked through everyone's posts close enough we could find something on everyone that makes them look like a gifted, it's all about what the wolves saw and what's going through their head. I never thought for a second that Brinn could be a gifted, so they obviously saw something I didn't see. Just like the first few Days I thought Nog might be gifted. See what I mean?

Gah. Why can't wolves just always kill people based on who's hardest to lynch? Would make my life so much easier .

x'ed with Nerwen and Rune, and maybe more back on page 14.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:07 AM   #564
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
If you all don't think I'm necessarily on the level, perhaps you should ask yourselves why I was suspecting Lottie heavily yesterDay, and toDay also, before Fea's reveal.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:42 AM   #565
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
I know. That's likely true. Votes are just easier for me to analyse for possibilities. I have no clue what the wolves might be seeing in peoples posts, especially with the votes working the way they are (with us all getting so many) quite a few people could have looked seer-ish to the wolves. I'm sure if we looked through everyone's posts close enough we could find something on everyone that makes them look like a gifted, it's all about what the wolves saw and what's going through their head. I never thought for a second that Brinn could be a gifted, so they obviously saw something I didn't see. Just like the first few Days I thought Nog might be gifted. See what I mean?
Oh, I'm not suggesting we just look for people the wolves might have thought were the seer either. I was just making the point that, unfortunately, I don't think it's going to be as simple as what you were suggesting. It's hard enough to work out why wolves killed someone when you know who that someone was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
If you all don't think I'm necessarily on the level, perhaps you should ask yourselves why I was suspecting Lottie heavily yesterDay, and toDay also, before Fea's reveal.
Well, I could have made the same point about myself– but I suppose, in theory at least, one of us could have been making a ruthless wolf-on-wolf attack. Something either of us could pull off, I believe. Really, you should take it as a compliment.

However, I'd say a better starting point would be to look for someone whose behaviour, especially regarding the known wolves, changed in some way after the no-kill Night. And look at the wolves, too– did they suddenly support anyone? Did they "suspect" anyone in a way that seemed forced?

Of course, Lottie and Nog possibly had too much on there plates to pay much attention to their fellow that Day anyway, but still, I think it's worth checking out.

EDIT:added comment.
EDIT2:Grammar and stuff. I WAS tired when I wrote this!

Last edited by Nerwen; 02-11-2010 at 06:49 PM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 10:43 AM   #566
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

I have to go now, though. I'll be back later.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:05 AM   #567
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Well, I could have made the same point about myself– but I suppose, in theory at least, one of us could have been pulling off a ruthless wolf-on-wolf attack. Something either of us could pull of, I believe. Really, you should take it as a compliment.
You're probably right in that it could be done, but why, especially after Nog's demise? Today you said:

Quote:
Well, regardless of exactly what's going on, I suggest that no-one vote Lottie toDay.
Would a Nerwolf have said that before Fea's reveal, knowing the evil forces were down to just her and Lottie?

Quote:
However, I'd say a better starting point would be to look for someone whose behaviour, especially regarding the known wolves, changed in some way after the no-kill Night. And look at the wolves, too– did they suddenly support anyone? Did they "suspect" anyone in a way that seemed forced?
That's really the best chance at spotting the Cursed, barring another one in the bullseye for Fea toNight.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:32 AM   #568
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
That is half good that we know for certain there is a new wolf.
I wasn't planning on voting for Loslote anyhow.

I don't see any reason to not trust Fea. Though I still don't trust Wilwa.

++Fea

I have to vote ridiculously early toDay, and probably won't be around a whole lot - due to a busybusy schedule.

The turned wolf, who would Nog/Loslote/Glirdan pick as the person to turn. Or, well. The turning was the Night after Glirdan was lynched. So who would Nog/Loslote of picked to turn? Someone whom was looking innocent, and not suspected.Form? Inziladun? Or a quiet, unknown. Off the top of my head, I do recall Nog going after nerwen yesterDay. I don't believe he had much in the way to say about Rune, other than he voted for him I believe. An attempt to save a new turned wolf? Or going against Nerwen as the newly turned?
Old 02-11-2010, 12:34 PM   #569
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Announcement

Per yesterday, the following people have one point added to their score for the Day.

Nerwen
Steve

They, along with Fea and Izzy, correctly guessed the reason for the names of the wolves.

Oh, and Form gets a point because it's his birthday and we love him. ^_^

Which puts the Moddess-Driven Tally Bonus to:
Nerwen +1
Steve +1
Form +1

No word from Simon yet but I'll put it up when Dun tells me.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 12:50 PM   #570
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Quote:
Moddess-Driven Tally Bonus
I read this as Moddess-Driven Sally Bonus.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:54 PM   #571
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Tehe. Same difference.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:11 PM   #572
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Another wolf? And we were just getting so close...

And maybe that's why Nogwolf tried to downplay the idea of 5 wolves yesterDay...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Well enough for me for the time being, as the chance these both claims could be untrue is that we have now three wolves instead of two (it would mean we have had five wolves in a village of just 16 and I'd say that would be really unfair from Sally!) - or a very acute cobbler (which is possible even if not that believable).

Ok, so I've never played a game with Cursed Villager before. Do they if they are one?
Old 02-11-2010, 01:39 PM   #573
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë
Ok, so I've never played a game with Cursed Villager before. Do they --Know-- if they are one?
I assume you meant to have a "know" in there.

In any game I have ever played, they did not know... but Sally has been known to make up her own rules before... but I'm pretty sure the poem said they "knew not" what they were.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:48 PM   #574
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

The moddess waggles her eyebrows

Quote:
Originally Posted by the birthday boy
In any game I have ever played, they did not know... but Sally has been known to make up her own rules before... but I'm pretty sure the poem said they "knew not" what they were.
Ah, but who says the poem referenced the cursed?
Old 02-11-2010, 01:52 PM   #575
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Ah, but who says the poem referenced the cursed?
Yeah, because the poem says:

Quote:
Now do not forget this special role
For it is not known to the one who it holds
The One-Hit Wonder, them you should not fear
Their power is great, and their logic is clear
So from this I assume that the One-Hit Wonder is on our side- we have a lot of reason to fear a cursed villager.

edit: and yes, I did mean that Form.
Old 02-11-2010, 02:14 PM   #576
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Nerwen
Lottie - Wolf
Fea - Seer
Rune
Eonwe
Inzil
Wilwa - Innocent
Izzy - Innocent
Form - Presumed Innocent because of Lovers (people may disagree with this assumption, but it's what I think)

Now I know I still want to think Inzil innocent because of what Form said about Nienna's Hunt choices, but that happened before the Cursed so he may not be innocent anymore.
But it's same with you and Izzy. If you believe Form, why you should you two get the innocent label but not Inzil?

I don't like this at all...
Old 02-11-2010, 02:15 PM   #577
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

The moddess bursts into silly song, etc.

I like snuggles
I really like snuggles
I like snuggles
I really really do

I like snuggles
I really like snuggles
I like snuggles
I really really do

Now back to retroactively killing people. ^_^

EDIT: x'd with Steve's last
Old 02-11-2010, 02:18 PM   #578
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Oh, and I want to be on page 16 in the next hour. There may be a cookie if you succeed or a modwrath if you don't. *beams, skips away*
Old 02-11-2010, 02:36 PM   #579
alonariel
Wight

alonariel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to alonariel Send a message via MSN to alonariel Send a message via Skype™ to alonariel
I'm leaving for Chem lab soon, but should be back around two hours before DL tonight (don't have work keeping me away today).

Fea - 3
Form - 2
Nerwen - 1
Steve - 1
Lottie - 0
Rune - 0
Zil - 0
Wilwa - 0
Izzy - 0
Old 02-11-2010, 02:44 PM   #580
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
the reason for the names of the wolves.
Ah, but though they've been bad, the wolves haven't been very smooth criminals this game have they?
Old 02-11-2010, 02:45 PM   #581
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Okay, so it's worth mentioning that with a birthday today, I'm sort of only half here, mentally, and will be gone for most of the hours leading up to the deadline. I'm here now... and will in and out regularly for the next couple hours... but I'm a bit scatterbrained. Probably going to respond better to stimulus than I'll be putting it out myself.

I'm also thoroughly confused by Sally's special roles, secrecy, and poems... for someone who wants to study and teach English Literature, I'm not a super poesy-person. I'm also discounting Sally as evidence, for the most part, about her own roles. She's cheeky enough to say anything.
Old 02-11-2010, 02:46 PM   #582
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
Ah, but though they've been bad, the wolves haven't been very smooth criminals this game have they?

The temptation to give you an extra point is almost too much....

Almost.
Old 02-11-2010, 02:48 PM   #583
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
*snickers*

Saaaaaalllllly. Is it time yet?
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 02:53 PM   #584
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
*snickers*

Yes, my precious. Oh, so very yes.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:21 PM   #585
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Quote:

they, along with Fea and Izzy, correctly guessed the reason for the names of the wolves.
The reason is blocked in "my country"
Quote:
Who is this "Sally" you all talk about?

Anyways I just wanted to let you know that I am here now and should remain so until the deadline, or thereabout.

Old 02-11-2010, 03:27 PM   #586
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
I am the seer. Lottie is a Wolf.
Stupid pen-pal. Told you, pack-mate, told you...

Quote:
I like snuggles
I really like snuggles
I like snuggles
I really really do

I like snuggles
I really like snuggles
I like snuggles
I really really do

Now back to retroactively killing people. ^_^
*snuggles Miss Mod*

Quote:
*snickers*

Quote:
Yes, my precious. Oh, so very yes.
Should I be worried? ... well, yes, I should, but should I be even more worried?
Old 02-11-2010, 03:29 PM   #587
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
Yeah, Fea's right.
I even hinted 'cause I didn't think I'd survive! Don't I rock?
Old 02-11-2010, 03:31 PM   #588
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
DUN DUN DUN.

It is now time for my event.

The first person to answer the following question correctly will receive a power that must be activated today (they'll be PMed).

Name the first singular "true neutral" role in the history of Werewolf on the Barrow-Downs.

Hint: "Lovers" is incorrect. By "true neutral" I mean a role that can win with either side.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 02-11-2010, 03:32 PM   #589
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Okay... so Lottie's a wolf. Obviously, we need to kill her. Otherwise, we may as well ignore her and look for the last wolf--unless she's planning to tell us who it is... but obviously we'll want to take that with a grain of salt.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:40 PM   #590
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Play On!

Whatcha gonna do when your packmate's dreamed of?
Who you gonna kill when the Seer reveals?
Yeah, how you gonna cope when there is no pming?
Where you gonna turn to try to blend in?
How you gonna make it through when you think you've lost your chance?

Play on when you're losing the game
Play on 'cause we're bound to make mistakes
It's always worth the sacrifice
Even when you know you're alone
So play on, play on

Even when the voting dries right up
Never let the pressure freeze you up
Even when you're not sure you'll survive
Swimming through a mess and you can't get out
Just going through the motions and trying not to slip

Even when you know I'm gone
So play on, play on

Even through a storm on the darkest Night
Don't you ever give up the fight
Even if you know you're all alone
Play on, play on

Even when you know you're alone
So play on, play on

Play on
Ooh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
Na, na, na, na, na, na,
Na, na, na, na, na, na
Old 02-11-2010, 03:40 PM   #591
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Quote:
DUN DUN DUN.

It is now time for my event.

The first person to answer the following question correctly will receive a power that must be activated today (they'll be PMed).

Name the first singular "true neutral" role in the history of Werewolf on the Barrow-Downs.

Hint: "Lovers" is incorrect. By "true neutral" I mean a role that can win with either side.
Switzerland?
Sweden?

Old 02-11-2010, 03:41 PM   #592
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil View Post
Okay... so Lottie's a wolf. Obviously, we need to kill her. Otherwise, we may as well ignore her and look for the last wolf--unless she's planning to tell us who it is... but obviously we'll want to take that with a grain of salt.
It's you! It's always you, no matter who's reading this, so vote me, because you're my packmate!

And if that does not make you frown or think at all...epic Lottie fail.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:51 PM   #593
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
No no no! Don't ignore me! I am exciting! Honestly, would I lie?
Old 02-11-2010, 03:52 PM   #594
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Little Lottie let her mind wander....

But it was too small to be out on its own and it got ran over by a meat truck.

Poor little Lottie.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:55 PM   #595
Formendacil
Dead Serious

I would argue the Mythomaniac.

Some might say the Cobbler.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:56 PM   #596
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Mithalwen the Grey Queen?
Old 02-11-2010, 03:57 PM   #597
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Nerwen - A wolf! So furry! Lynch her!
Lottie - I like the name Candy more than Killer. Sally? Care to accomodate?
Fea - Evil, evil pen-pal. I bite my thumb in your general direction!
Rune - A wolf! So furry! Lynch him!
Steve - A wolf! So furry! Lynch him!
Zil - A wolf! So furry! Lynch him!
Wilwa - A wolf! So furry! Lynch her!
Izzy - A wolf! So furry! Lynch her!
Form - A wolf! So furry! Lynch him!

One of these is Killer (please, Sally? I wanna be Candy! ) and I don't really feel like telling you which. Cookies or votes may inspire me to change my mind.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:57 PM   #598
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Little Lottie let her mind wander....

But it was too small to be out on its own and it got ran over by a meat truck.

Poor little Lottie.
Ooh exciting!
Old 02-11-2010, 03:58 PM   #599
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
I would argue the Mythomaniac.

Some might say the Cobbler.
Cobbler is incorrect, and as for Mythomaniac... it's not a role I've heard of! If you can show me it and it turns out to be correct, you'll win, Form.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:59 PM   #600
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Or is it Gray Queen to you Americans?