The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum


Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2010, 03:00 PM   #81
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
Isabellkya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Amongst trees.
Posts: 919
Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Well the Cursed said Ord and the Cobbler said innocent. Wasn't entirely sure whether it was a clerical error, or meant to be specific.
__________________
But I was clinging to her like a homicidal monkey.
Isabellkya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:01 PM   #82
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman
 
Boromir88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 7,042
Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Not liking the Lottie votes. So, Fea comes in and makes a random vote, lets excuse that and go along with her for no apparent reason. Not liking how Mira defends the vote either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul
Either the voters are using their one time retractable votes in silly posts(therefore wasting them) or they'll later say when voting an innocent "I realized they were innocent After voting but could do nothing about it...sorry.
++Glirdan

Will I retract? Probably. Would it be a waste of the 1 retract? No. I like dumping them soon, so I can actually put my votes to best uses. Retracts give a reason to not make the best vote, as it's kind of like...these are here in case you get get careless and mess up.

I expect Fea to retract, and have some reason for the vote? Will she tell us? Probably not. Does it matter? Not really. Is she a wolf? Dunno.
__________________
I used to be for flip-flopping. Now I'm against it.

Fenris Penguin
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:02 PM   #83
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
Morsul the Dark's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 3,028
Morsul the Dark has been trapped in the Barrow!
Had this argument last time maybe I should do this "so and so "FEELS" off" somehow acceptable me seeing something I find odd and pointing it out that's weird?

Anywho... No one pops out want to vote agan... but won't because That Would be knee jerk... I do have to vote soon though

(Responding to post 80 forgot to quote it.)
__________________
I know something you don't know
Morsul the Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:05 PM   #84
skip spence
shadow of a doubt
 
skip spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Back on the streets
Posts: 1,142
skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I too think that screennames should be used

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
SS is doing really well - making sense, being logical, and seems to know what's what. Either he has packmates who are telling him how to act, or he's just read through enough games to know. I'm inclined to think it's the latter, because packmates would probably not encourage him to act so very well-adjusted to the game.
Thanks. To be honest I've not read through any old games. Briefly I tried to keep up with one or two at some point but reading page after page quickly proved too taxing without a personal interest. Last August I played live ww with the Finniship which is why I'm familiar with the basic rules, but I might well become confused soon enough.

Bedtime soon and I will have to vote I guess. Naturally I know what I am, but as for the others I'm in the dark. You lot may have reasons to suspect people based on the lessons learnt from old games. Me, I will have to base my decision on what I can see here. And to my mind, the only logical suspicion I can raise at this point is on Fea. I've already explained why. To my mind, throwing away ones vote early on a random target makes more sense for a wolf. You might double-guess and reason that this would suggest the opposite, that a real wolf never would stick out her neck like that, and triple-guess that she suspects that this is what people would think, thus keeping her safe etc. but that's too much for me at present. I'll stick to my first impression.

Min finländske vän Lommy may of course be right that this is vintage Fea, and that she will come back and retract her vote before the deadline and make another more one. But if so, that too is slightly suspicious to me. The retractable vote must be an advantage to have, no? Why then waste it?

So, I'm going to vote for Fea unless something happens in the next hour or so that make me change my mind about it. Bare in mind that my suspicions are weak though. She could also easily be innocent.
__________________
"You can always come back, but you can't come back all the way" ~ Bob Dylan
skip spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:05 PM   #85
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë
 
Nogrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Posts: 9,051
Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
(~~~) *grin emerging*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzil-majesty
I was saying I didn't fault Nerwen for questioning ww's vote, after Agan thought Nerwen could be wolfy for calling it into question, and that's suspicious?
Nope.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzil-majesty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
What exactly made you draw attention to winty after two posts? It looks like a Nerwolf looking for an easy lynch.
I didn't see it that way. That vote should receive some scrutiny, and I don't think she was overly eager about suspecting ww.
What I found suspicious here is the fact that you say that winty's vote should receive some scrutiny, which is nonsense. We can speculate the whole Day about him being a) newbie with little knowledge of the game, b) newbie who has played this on different fora, c) newbie with instructions to play a "newbie-card" by his packmates, d) newbie who thinks two steps ahead of most of us, e) newbie who just plays dashingly bold... you can continue that list. But that will lead us nowhere, especially if he doesn't come forwards to take part of the discussion - and that would not be "scrutinising his vote" anymore.

If there first is no explanation and when the explanation finally comes and is a verse from the book, there's little to scrutinise.

Why I find that suspicious then? If you were an innocent and thought there was something to scrutinise there, then you would have given it a thought - and even a slight thought would have told you immediately there wasn't. So can we infer that you actually didn't care? If you don't care to think about it that little as to see there's nothing to speculate there, then it would look like you are not caring about it. But still you wish to say that aloud, that "his vote should be scrutinised", which makes me think you were more concentrated on thinking how to make yourself look concerned than being actually concerned about the possibility of learning whether winty-w is good or bad (like if you knew it already or something?) - and just didn't realised that what you suggested might look good but when looked at more closely turns out ridiculous for anyone who is actually interested in on what side winty-w is...

Blah. I hope even someone gets what I mean as I'm getting quite frustrated with this nasty thing called language...

(~~~) *grin vanishing*



(~~~) *grin re-emerging*

EDIT: X'd from Lommy's list onwards...

(~~~) *grin vanishing*
__________________
Upon the hearth the fire is red
Beneath the roof there is a bed;
But not yet weary are our feet...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:09 PM   #86
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,399
A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Darling, I already explained it.
Eurgh. Sorry. My concentration is poor today.

I know this reasoning is outrageously bad, but I'll tell it anyway because it's what I'm thinking: I'm kind of afraid that Lottie will become this typical Day 1 easy lynch (ordo), but then again, she's the only one I have any valid point at all, so

++ Lottie


EDIT: eek x-ed since Boro
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:14 PM   #87
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
Morsul the Dark's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 3,028
Morsul the Dark has been trapped in the Barrow!
First post vote followed by "Day one who cares?" then a bit of the Tweedles poem.

++WintyWinty
__________________
I know something you don't know
Morsul the Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:24 PM   #88
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow
 
Aganzir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: in hollow halls beneath the fells
Posts: 4,592
Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Hey Nog you posted the same post twice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
Had this argument last time maybe I should do this "so and so "FEELS" off" somehow acceptable me seeing something I find odd and pointing it out that's weird?

Anywho... No one pops out want to vote agan... but won't because That Would be knee jerk... I do have to vote soon though

(Responding to post 80 forgot to quote it.)
Sorry but would you care to speak English that's understandable even to a non-native speaker so I don't have to spend a twice longer time reading your post than I would need for anyone else?

As you might have noticed I didn't play in last game. And it's perfectly alright to point out what you find odd, but your thought process in the post I found suspicious seemed half-hearted and lazy and somehow far-fetched too (the part that Lommy or someone else pointed out). Give better reasons for your suspicions and I might change my mind about you.

But yeah as for now

++Mirandir

because thus far she seems the most suspicious to me.

oh and

--Mirandir
++Mirandir

as I dislike retrackies anyway, and this is what I think everyone should do because otherwise the wolves will probably use them against us in the end.

I'll hang around here till I've finished my tea and will go to sleep then.
__________________
and he came, knelt down before him and fell upon his knees
I will give you gold and mountains if you stay a while with me
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:24 PM   #89
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler
 
satansaloser2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: from beneath you it giggles incessantly
Posts: 5,576
satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
Eurgh. Sorry. My concentration is poor today.

I know this reasoning is outrageously bad, but I'll tell it anyway because it's what I'm thinking: I'm kind of afraid that Lottie will become this typical Day 1 easy lynch (ordo), but then again, she's the only one I have any valid point at all, so

++ Lottie


EDIT: eek x-ed since Boro
Sorry, dear, but could you clarify this? Do you mean you have any valid points on her or that she's the only one with valid points? I'm not sure what you mean.
__________________
"My heart always cowers behind the defense of my wit."
Friendship is two pals munching on a well-cooked face together.
Fenris bookworm.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:26 PM   #90
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow
 
Aganzir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: in hollow halls beneath the fells
Posts: 4,592
Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Sorry, dear, but could you clarify this? Do you mean you have any valid points on her or that she's the only one with valid points? I'm not sure what you mean.
She went to sleep, but I think it's pretty obvious Greenie meant Lottie was the only one she had any valid points on. At least her earlier posts suggest it.
__________________
and he came, knelt down before him and fell upon his knees
I will give you gold and mountains if you stay a while with me
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:28 PM   #91
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler
 
satansaloser2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: from beneath you it giggles incessantly
Posts: 5,576
satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Oh, and I love retractable votes, but I'll just drive myself mad if I have a free pass to mindchanging sitting around. With that....

++Sally

--Sally



I'm analyzing the votes so far, but please be patient, as I'm really scatterbrained today. That and....well, a nap sounds lovely....and Boro's shoulder is so comfy....
__________________
"My heart always cowers behind the defense of my wit."
Friendship is two pals munching on a well-cooked face together.
Fenris bookworm.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:30 PM   #92
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
Morsul the Dark's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 3,028
Morsul the Dark has been trapped in the Barrow!
Let's all use our retractable votes so if a wold happens to trick us we're done. With my track record I'm saving mine
__________________
I know something you don't know
Morsul the Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:30 PM   #93
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow
 
Aganzir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: in hollow halls beneath the fells
Posts: 4,592
Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Fea - Lottie
winty - Brinn
Lommy - Lottie
Boro - Glirdy
Green - Lottie
Morsul - winty
Agan - Mira

Lottie-3, Mira-1, winty-1, Glirdy-1, Brinn-1

Retraction left: everybody but Agan & sally

I think we really should keep track on who has used their retraction and who hasn't, and that everyone should use them asap, because as I've said they are more useful to the wolves than to us.
__________________
and he came, knelt down before him and fell upon his knees
I will give you gold and mountains if you stay a while with me

Last edited by Aganzir; 04-08-2010 at 03:31 PM. Reason: xed with Morsul
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:31 PM   #94
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler
 
satansaloser2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: from beneath you it giggles incessantly
Posts: 5,576
satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
She went to sleep, but I think it's pretty obvious Greenie meant Lottie was the only one she had any valid points on. At least her earlier posts suggest it.
K cool, thanks. I thought that's what she meant, but my brain is a bit....askew today and I didn't want to misunderstand. Thanks for the help! ^_^
__________________
"My heart always cowers behind the defense of my wit."
Friendship is two pals munching on a well-cooked face together.
Fenris bookworm.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:32 PM   #95
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler
 
satansaloser2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: from beneath you it giggles incessantly
Posts: 5,576
satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
Let's all use our retractable votes so if a wold happens to trick us we're done. With my track record I'm saving mine
Ah, yes, do tell us all your evil plans. Tell us now!

*waits with baited....yes, I actually mean baited....breath*
__________________
"My heart always cowers behind the defense of my wit."
Friendship is two pals munching on a well-cooked face together.
Fenris bookworm.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:34 PM   #96
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
Morsul the Dark's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 3,028
Morsul the Dark has been trapped in the Barrow!
Plans? I have none last few times it came down to my vote I made the wolves win, I'm going to try Not to repeat that
__________________
I know something you don't know
Morsul the Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:36 PM   #97
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
Morsul the Dark's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 3,028
Morsul the Dark has been trapped in the Barrow!
Agan changed Avatars mid-game Obviously Evil!!!!(Joking)
__________________
I know something you don't know
Morsul the Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:38 PM   #98
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow
 
Aganzir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: in hollow halls beneath the fells
Posts: 4,592
Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
Agan changed Avatars mid-game Obviously Evil!!!!(Joking)
Just returned back to my old self because I like it better and recognise it faster.
__________________
and he came, knelt down before him and fell upon his knees
I will give you gold and mountains if you stay a while with me
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:41 PM   #99
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë
 
Nogrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Posts: 9,051
Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
(~~~) *grin emerging*

My tea-time is coming to an end as well as I have a tough morning tomorrow. So a few thoughts, a list-like thingy, a vote and to sleep...

I don't think that "seen as an ordo" or "seen as an innocent" is anything more than just two different phrases to say the same thing. Otherwise it would be pointless to make that distinction as either one would then be clear to the seer and WilwAlirin could have just told us so.

I'm also a bit uneasy about this quite rapid lynching-queue that emerged for Lottie. It's not that I think her particularly innocent (vice versa) but the easiness by which it just came about... Needs to look at it.

Someone (Agan?) compared the retrackies to the phantom's game where people had 10 extra-votes and how the wolves kept them and in the end ran over the innocents with their pile of votes. I don't think that is a good comparison. A retraction is a good idea when you are not sure you can be back before the DL and need to vote just to be sure you vote - and then you suddenly are able to come back and major things have happened meanwhile. I don't like retractions everyDay or any unlimited retrackies, but one for the whole game is quite good: it serves the possible need and doesn't give too much leeway for the wolves to play tactics with them. But well, anybody's decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
Hey Nog you posted the same post twice.
Yeah. I saw it and deleted the other one.

Heh, I can see there is a new fashion in town, getting rid of the retrackies... how nice.

(~~~) *grin vanishing*
__________________
Upon the hearth the fire is red
Beneath the roof there is a bed;
But not yet weary are our feet...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:41 PM   #100
skip spence
shadow of a doubt
 
skip spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Back on the streets
Posts: 1,142
skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
[
I think we really should keep track on who has used their retraction and who hasn't, and that everyone should use them asap, because as I've said they are more useful to the wolves than to us.
Okay, I'm not accusing you of anything, sweetheart, but a retractable vote is useful for anyone, is it not? I certainly can see how wolves could use retractions to great advantage late in the game but why the haste?
__________________
"You can always come back, but you can't come back all the way" ~ Bob Dylan
skip spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:42 PM   #101
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman
 
Boromir88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 7,042
Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
Eurgh. Sorry. My concentration is poor today.

I know this reasoning is outrageously bad, but I'll tell it anyway because it's what I'm thinking: I'm kind of afraid that Lottie will become this typical Day 1 easy lynch (ordo), but then again, she's the only one I have any valid point at all, so
Aww, think it's an easy lynch, but still go for it because cant think of anything else? Sad story. I still call it hogwash haug-hwassssh and wolves hwol-vee-ss like their hogs I hear. (Question: do they like they're hogs washed too? )
__________________
I used to be for flip-flopping. Now I'm against it.

Fenris Penguin
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:42 PM   #102
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre
 
Inziladun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Heaven's doorstep
Posts: 7,396
Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Why I find that suspicious then? If you were an innocent and thought there was something to scrutinise there, then you would have given it a thought - and even a slight thought would have told you immediately there wasn't. So can we infer that you actually didn't care? If you don't care to think about it that little as to see there's nothing to speculate there, then it would look like you are not caring about it. But still you wish to say that aloud, that "his vote should be scrutinised", which makes me think you were more concentrated on thinking how to make yourself look concerned than being actually concerned about the possibility of learning whether winty-w is good or bad (like if you knew it already or something?) - and just didn't realised that what you suggested might look good but when looked at more closely turns out ridiculous for anyone who is actually interested in on what side winty-w is...
The whole thing wasn't really about ww at all. I was agreeing with Nerwen that his vote ought to be looked at, and disagreeing with Agan's wariness of Nerwen for doing just that. You're grasping at straws, mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Hey Nog you posted the same post twice.


Sorry but would you care to speak English that's understandable even to a non-native speaker so I don't have to spend a twice longer time reading your post than I would need for anyone else?

As you might have noticed I didn't play in last game. And it's perfectly alright to point out what you find odd, but your thought process in the post I found suspicious seemed half-hearted and lazy and somehow far-fetched too (the part that Lommy or someone else pointed out). Give better reasons for your suspicions and I might change my mind about you.

But yeah as for now

++Mirandir

because thus far she seems the most suspicious to me.

oh and

--Mirandir
++Mirandi

as I dislike retrackies anyway, and this is what I think everyone should do because otherwise the wolves will probably use them against us in the end.
Why is Mira the most suspicious to you, my dear? Possibly you said so already and I just missed it.
Anyway, I agree that wolves can make good use of a retractable vote, but so can the good side. What happens if one votes early, then has to contend with a Seer reveal, or something of that nature toward the end of the Day? Being able to retract comes in handy then. So I'm not retracting unless I see a need for it.

Also, I think I agree with the Boropillar that this push against Lottie looks bad.

x/d with all since # 91
__________________
Music alone proves the existence of God.
Inziladun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:44 PM   #103
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth
 
Legate of Amon Lanc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In that far land beyond the Sea
Posts: 7,162
Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
Plans? I have none last few times it came down to my vote I made the wolves win, I'm going to try Not to repeat that
Okay... I wanted to say that generally, I dislike the idea of using up retractions when we already have them, as that kind of ruins the point, but then again that I understand the danger hidden in that, but now that Morsul said it... I know exactly what he is referring to, because it happened in the game I have modded, on the last Day he voted early, Wolves bandwaggoned it, and the Wolves won. On the other hand, such things can be (in most cases) avoided with careful reasoning before voting. Also, of course, if people decide to keep their votes, it would have the point only in the case if they keep it for really until late, otherwise it might end up just with the scenario outlined by the retraction-opponents, that is, that all innocents use up their retractions in a few first Days' voting and the WWs then all have their retractions and outsmart the village.

EDIT: x-ed since Agan changed her avvie (so basically since the post I quote)
__________________
"But it is not your own Shire," said Gildor. "Others dwelt here before hobbits were; and others will dwell here again when hobbits are no more. The wide world is all about you: you can fence yourselves in, but you cannot for ever fence it out."
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:47 PM   #104
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman
 
Boromir88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 7,042
Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Just returned back to my old self because I like it better and recognise it faster.
*concurs* I kept thinking there was a new player but then looked to the side and saw it was you...
__________________
I used to be for flip-flopping. Now I'm against it.

Fenris Penguin
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:49 PM   #105
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion
 
Loslote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Enceladus
Posts: 2,581
Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via Yahoo to Loslote Send a message via Skype™ to Loslote
Okay, seriously??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Like "and where might you know that from, Nightly talks perchance?" although you probably have another explanation for that... or do you? (Only a totally stupid Wolf would, however, do that. Which makes me think that, if this does not have any logical explanation, you might be a Cobbler wanting us to think you are a Wolf and knowing it - thus making a blind shot - which would be funnily underlined now if WW said "I am a she", nah but whatever, I assume this is useless speculation as you probably have an explanation.)
I know him in RL, dear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
I seem to recall seeing her post on Facebook, trying to convince TGEW to join and telling that if she did three Alaskans would be playing... so I assume that's the explanation.
Yup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
Eurgh. Sorry. My concentration is poor today.

I know this reasoning is outrageously bad, but I'll tell it anyway because it's what I'm thinking: I'm kind of afraid that Lottie will become this typical Day 1 easy lynch (ordo), but then again, she's the only one I have any valid point at all, so

[*highlight]++ Lottie[/highlight*]

EDIT: eek x-ed since Boro
Okay. Seriously? I think we need to stop lynched Little Lottie Day 1 every game.

~~~

Sally's in a teacup,
Little Dormouse.
What are you hiding?
Does Glirdy know?
If we go to lynch you,
What will we find?
Ordo, wolfie, or special kind?
Ordo, wolfie, or special kind?

^no, really, I want to know. I think you're looking rather evil, but...

EDIT: xed with peoples and will be leaving until about an hour before dl.
__________________
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Double Fenris
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:51 PM   #106
Glirdan
Energetic Essence
 
Glirdan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Where Lark Nor Eagle Ever Flew
Posts: 3,449
Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Tea Time Part 2

Sorry it took me so long....Those horse radishes were being rather stubborn, stampeding all of the place and trampling my feet.... Sheez...(AKA: Read the Admin thread). And now there are so many people that I don't think I have enough tea Well, we shall make do!! And Sally, what have I said about that tea pot!! Anywhoseits, I shall return again after I have read all these posts.
__________________
I'm going to buy you a kitty, I'm going to let you fall in love with the kitty, and one cold, winter night, I'm going to steal into your house and punch you in the face!
Fenris Wolf
Glirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:54 PM   #107
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler
 
satansaloser2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: from beneath you it giggles incessantly
Posts: 5,576
satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan View Post
Sorry it took me so long....Those horse radishes were being rather stubborn, stampeding all of the place and trampling my feet.... Sheez...(AKA: Read the Admin thread). And now there are so many people that I don't think I have enough tea Well, we shall make do!! And Sally, what have I said about that tea pot!! Anywhoseits, I shall return again after I have read all these posts.
I'M NOT IN THE TEA POT, YOU SILLY BUGGER!

asqedwscdecfdecdgfdfgfbgbfgbhtnhnhnyuhmi,m uji,jki,lk,.loo.;loo/l/;?[;/'['[/'

^*scrabbles across the keyboard to get away from mean Glirdan*^
__________________
"My heart always cowers behind the defense of my wit."
Friendship is two pals munching on a well-cooked face together.
Fenris bookworm.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:58 PM   #108
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë
 
Nogrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Posts: 9,051
Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
(~~~) *grin emerging*

Okay.

There were some suspicions on Lottie from early on (Fea's unexplained vote, my comment on understanding that vote...). Suddenly everyone was lynching Lottie.

There were a few comments about disliking retrackies (Lommy's explanation of Fea's behaviour, Boro's continuation on the same vein...). Suddenly a band of people are using their retrackies.

Does anyone else find that interesting?

Is that just herd-mentality (oh, Nietzsche how right you were?) or is there something else at stake?

(~~~) *grin vanishing*
__________________
Upon the hearth the fire is red
Beneath the roof there is a bed;
But not yet weary are our feet...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:58 PM   #109
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth
 
Legate of Amon Lanc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In that far land beyond the Sea
Posts: 7,162
Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
I'm also a bit uneasy about this quite rapid lynching-queue that emerged for Lottie. It's not that I think her particularly innocent (vice versa) but the easiness by which it just came about... Needs to look at it.
It makes me also uneasy now given how smoothly it goes and how so many people are going for it, however, it's the first time I am actually suspecting Lottie in a game (as my primary suspect), which I think didn't happen this far... so I am just going to go with that too and hope that the queue is a result of the fact that she really is suspicious. I'd like to hope that in the worst case, she's "only" a Cobbler.

A few more minutes... and probably voting and going to sleep.

EDIT: x-ed with Glirdy, Sally and Catnod.
__________________
"But it is not your own Shire," said Gildor. "Others dwelt here before hobbits were; and others will dwell here again when hobbits are no more. The wide world is all about you: you can fence yourselves in, but you cannot for ever fence it out."
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 04:03 PM   #110
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow
 
Aganzir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: in hollow halls beneath the fells
Posts: 4,592
Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Someone (Agan?) compared the retrackies to the phantom's game where people had 10 extra-votes and how the wolves kept them and in the end ran over the innocents with their pile of votes.
Imagine some innocents, a couple of wolves. The innocents have used (most of) their retractions, the wolves haven't. The wolves can vote for whomever is the most convenient for them and then, when most other votes have been given, unite and direct their votes towards an innocent who is lynched, and nobody else can do anything. Because I can see that scenario, I'd rather eliminate it before the wolves have even a chance to try it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip spence View Post
Okay, I'm not accusing you of anything, sweetheart, but a retractable vote is useful for anyone, is it not?
Mmh yeah but the wolves have the advantage of being able to talk in private. That way they can make plans about using the votes, among other things, whereas whatever we others say, the wolves see it too. And the wolves are fine with killing anybody but one of them, while it's not quite so simple for us. So even if the retractable votes might be useful for us, we can't really base our plans on them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Why is Mira the most suspicious to you, my dear? Possibly you said so already and I just missed it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Mira. Suspecting newbies is just way too easy, and at the same time she clears Fea's vote (despite the 'on a more serious note' start, the whole comment looked like a joke though).
Mostly because of this comment though:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mira
wintywinty's vote is more suspicious. I do agree with whoever suggested it might be of a wolfish nature and xe was told to act newbieish to allay suspicion. Or it could be a newbie mistake.
Basically, "It's suspicious because it could go either way."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzil
Anyway, I agree that wolves can make good use of a retractable vote, but so can the good side. What happens if one votes early, then has to contend with a Seer reveal, or something of that nature toward the end of the Day?
Might happen. However it's always best for the seer to not reveal during the last-minute voting frenzy.
Also, retractable votes and the 'who receives the highest number of votes last' rule are a bad combination in the case of a tie because if a wolf (or somebody else) wants to drive a lynch, they wait till the last possible moment, retract and vote again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
*concurs* I kept thinking there was a new player but then looked to the side and saw it was you...
Haha sorry. On one hand I'm sorry to let go of my previous avvie (a Goya painting ♥) but on the other hand... Scar is Scar, and worth another ♥.

Okay I'll go to sleep now, night babies.
__________________
and he came, knelt down before him and fell upon his knees
I will give you gold and mountains if you stay a while with me

Last edited by Aganzir; 04-08-2010 at 04:04 PM. Reason: xed since Lottie
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 04:04 PM   #111
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler
 
satansaloser2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: from beneath you it giggles incessantly
Posts: 5,576
satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
A note:

I've a friend that's ill and am organizing a bit of "yay let's make the poor girl feel better" stuff. That said, I may or may not be going to a meeting in a couple hours (no, really, I haven't decided if I'm going yet or not) so I may not be around much. I'm working on analyzing the votes between all the other stuff but I don't seem to be able to multitask worth a muffin (<3) today so I'm a bit slow.
__________________
"My heart always cowers behind the defense of my wit."
Friendship is two pals munching on a well-cooked face together.
Fenris bookworm.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 04:06 PM   #112
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic
 
Shastanis Althreduin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In fire, water, earth, and air. But mostly water.
Posts: 2,619
Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Thiiiis vote on Lottie bothers me. Partiiiiiially because it seems like we lynch her first a lot, and partiiiially because the reasoning on the bandwagon isn't superb.

Right now I think Morsul is the most suspicious for his comment about wanting everyone to use up their retractions, but keeping his own.
__________________
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 04:11 PM   #113
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler
 
satansaloser2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: from beneath you it giggles incessantly
Posts: 5,576
satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Thiiiis vote on Lottie bothers me. Partiiiiiially because it seems like we lynch her first a lot, and partiiiially because the reasoning on the bandwagon isn't superb.

Right now I think Morsul is the most suspicious for his comment about wanting everyone to use up their retractions, but keeping his own.
Agreed. (Wow. We really are all mad here.) I think Lottie's suspicious, but I get sick of Day One lynching her.

And definitely agreed on Morsul. Hypocrites should always be the first to go. *nods sagely, head droops, starts to snore*
__________________
"My heart always cowers behind the defense of my wit."
Friendship is two pals munching on a well-cooked face together.
Fenris bookworm.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 04:13 PM   #114
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth
 
Legate of Amon Lanc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In that far land beyond the Sea
Posts: 7,162
Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Imagine some innocents, a couple of wolves. The innocents have used (most of) their retractions, the wolves haven't. The wolves can vote for whomever is the most convenient for them and then, when most other votes have been given, unite and direct their votes towards an innocent who is lynched, and nobody else can do anything. Because I can see that scenario, I'd rather eliminate it before the wolves have even a chance to try it.
Well... one thing to say however is that if they do it at any early date, they will expose themselves and consequently get lynched for that. So it's not really as easily misuseable.

Quote:
Mmh yeah but the wolves have the advantage of being able to talk in private. That way they can make plans about using the votes, among other things, whereas whatever we others say, the wolves see it too.
The Shiriffs can talk too, when we are speaking of it. Which is a positive thing here.
__________________
"But it is not your own Shire," said Gildor. "Others dwelt here before hobbits were; and others will dwell here again when hobbits are no more. The wide world is all about you: you can fence yourselves in, but you cannot for ever fence it out."
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 04:14 PM   #115
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë
 
Nogrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Posts: 9,051
Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
(~~~) *grin emerging*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzil
The whole thing wasn't really about ww at all. I was agreeing with Nerwen that his vote ought to be looked at, and disagreeing with Agan's wariness of Nerwen for doing just that. You're grasping at straws, mate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
*sigh* Now I suppose we have to decide whether this is innocent or guilty-looking. Would a wolfywolfy's* packmates have shown him the ropes on Night One, and told him not to do this? Or would they have left him in the dark in the hope that he'd look like a confused innocent? Or is he, in fact, innocent? You know, the usual.

Anyway, Mr Tweedledum, let me tell you that voting completely randomly is not well thought of, even on Day One.
So something to scrutinise, eh? And really, it's of no importance whether it was "about ww" or not. Maybe I just didn't manage to make myself clear then anyway...

Well, this seems to be running out of proportion anyway. And remember being suspected and defending oneself is not only a fight against the gallows, but also a chance to make others to trust you more. Before I posted my remarks on you the first time I couldn't say anything about you Inzil, but now I can. Well I have a picture - which is far from definitive or anything - but it is a picture of sorts rather than just a blank canvas.

(~~~) *grin vanishing*
__________________
Upon the hearth the fire is red
Beneath the roof there is a bed;
But not yet weary are our feet...

Last edited by Nogrod; 04-08-2010 at 04:18 PM. Reason: corrected the quote-sender: it was of course Inzil and not Izzy... :(
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 04:16 PM   #116
skip spence
shadow of a doubt
 
skip spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Back on the streets
Posts: 1,142
skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Mmh yeah but the wolves have the advantage of being able to talk in private. That way they can make plans about using the votes, among other things, whereas whatever we others say, the wolves see it too. And the wolves are fine with killing anybody but one of them, while it's not quite so simple for us. So even if the retractable votes might be useful for us, we can't really base our plans on them...
I understood your reasoning from the beginning. But with your angle, holding on to this option would appear suspicious and for wolves to retract his or her vote early on would divert attention away from them unless all others quickly follow suit.
__________________
"You can always come back, but you can't come back all the way" ~ Bob Dylan
skip spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 04:17 PM   #117
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth
 
Legate of Amon Lanc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In that far land beyond the Sea
Posts: 7,162
Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Right now I think Morsul is the most suspicious for his comment about wanting everyone to use up their retractions, but keeping his own.
Well, didn't he just say "you can use your votes all you want, but I am not using mine"? There's no hypocrisy in that, only a difference in opinion... or that's what I thought.

Anyway...

++Lottie

Good night.
__________________
"But it is not your own Shire," said Gildor. "Others dwelt here before hobbits were; and others will dwell here again when hobbits are no more. The wide world is all about you: you can fence yourselves in, but you cannot for ever fence it out."
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 04:18 PM   #118
skip spence
shadow of a doubt
 
skip spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Back on the streets
Posts: 1,142
skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Almost forgot to vote.

++Fea

(don't know how to make that red)

Explanation to be found in earlier post. Good night!
__________________
"You can always come back, but you can't come back all the way" ~ Bob Dylan
skip spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 04:24 PM   #119
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë
 
Nogrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Posts: 9,051
Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Skip: take the B from the brackets of bolding off and write highlight instead of the B's.
__________________
Upon the hearth the fire is red
Beneath the roof there is a bed;
But not yet weary are our feet...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 04:24 PM   #120
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler
 
satansaloser2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: from beneath you it giggles incessantly
Posts: 5,576
satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skip spence View Post
Almost forgot to vote.

++Fea

(don't know how to make that red)

Explanation to be found in earlier post. Good night!

Skippy (hehe!):

Instead of the B in the tag, type highlight. Easy as pie (in your eye). ^_^


EDIT: D'oh. x'd with Noggins, who was also using his noggin.
__________________
"My heart always cowers behind the defense of my wit."
Friendship is two pals munching on a well-cooked face together.
Fenris bookworm.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:31 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.