Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2008, 08:54 PM   #361
shaggydog
Animated Skeleton

shaggydog has just left Hobbiton.
Firefoot, your PM inbox is full. If you clear it, I'd like to send you a PM about this latest development
Old 06-09-2008, 11:39 PM   #362
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Mea culpa. All clear.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:42 PM   #363
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet View Post
All groups are "stalled" (by Dueling Wizards, mind you) at late morning, except for the hunting party.
Hey, I posted, and I'm in DW. Admittedly, it was kind of a lousy, angsty post...I think I'll edit it.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:43 PM   #364
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
And sorry about the signature, pio.
Old 06-10-2008, 12:07 AM   #365
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

There. Hopefully I've made him a little less pouty and a little more mysterious/tough.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:52 AM   #366
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
There. Hopefully I've made him a little less pouty and a little more mysterious/tough.
If he was anymore mysterious, Gwathagor, we wouldn't know who he was!

I've got my post up today, I hope it's what you had in mind LMP. Once again if there's anything that I need to chang just let me know.
Old 06-10-2008, 01:02 PM   #367
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Is Lommy in the DW thing too?
Old 06-10-2008, 05:32 PM   #368
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
Oh yes indeedy.

Great post, Groin! Better than what I had in mind. About Rowenna, though, I'm not sure anybody has really gotten onto her bad side. I've described her that way in discussions, but it hasn't really come out yet. Still, maybe Lithor knows a thing or two by intution, or talks a little about what he don't necessarily know, if you take my meaning, so let it stand.

Can't help but snicker at this, Groin:

Quote:
Now of course seeing a man fall and brake his arm would be an offal thing to behold,
I'm sure it would indeed be an "offal" thing to "brake" one's arm, especially if it was traveling so fast one failed to "put on the brakes" and crashed into the ground, in the process loosening one's bowels.

By the way, as far as I'm concerned, Lithor has been hereby invested with enough personality that I'm making a unilateral decision - the name stands. We have only 2 guards left to name, so everybody gets 2 votes from here on out. Those who cast three votes already, you're just plain lucky. By the way Groin, feel free to write Lithor as much as you want. That's kind of how I wound up with Garreth and Harreld as my characters - sheer accident.

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 06-10-2008 at 05:42 PM.
Old 06-10-2008, 05:37 PM   #369
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
The DW "thing." Ha ha. That's good.
Old 06-10-2008, 05:49 PM   #370
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Hey I'm sorry but I can't help it... Besides this thing called summer holiday seems to be very busy anyway...

Now this is a promise I can keep. I'll post something next week. Then DW might have ended, my summer course of Swedish has definitely ended and I don't need to work on a birthday present to a friend. I'll have much more time in my hands.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:11 PM   #371
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
I'm currently more than married to the DW II as well. But during the weekend both Lommy and Greenie will be away and I will be alone at home. I hope to catch you then and hopefully to post as well.

If one has no reason to use one's non-'downs time to being with your children it's much easier to duck the duties and to post here...

After the DW II is done I will come seriously attached to this anyhow.

Beware...
Old 06-10-2008, 06:18 PM   #372
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Hey I'm sorry but I can't help it... Besides this thing called summer holiday seems to be very busy anyway...

Now this is a promise I can keep. I'll post something next week. Then DW might have ended, my summer course of Swedish has definitely ended and I don't need to work on a birthday present to a friend. I'll have much more time in my hands.
Hmmm... . now that sounds suspicious. I think you're furry, Lommy.

There, you can add me to your list, and I ain't even playing the "deuced" game.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:11 PM   #373
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Next WEEK? Sheesh. It really is addictive and controlling, isn't it? That's why I left...years ago.

-- Foley

EDIT: Wow. This is a really cranky sounding post. I apologize. I'm mostly just kidding, but I'm also very tired. So I retire. Goodnight.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:52 AM   #374
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Next WEEK? Sheesh. It really is addictive and controlling, isn't it? That's why I left...years ago.
Well, I could probably manage to post in the weekend if I wasn't going to spend it at my friend's summer cottage celebrating her birthday...
Old 06-11-2008, 02:07 PM   #375
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Well, I could probably manage to post in the weekend if I wasn't going to spend it at my friend's summer cottage celebrating her birthday...
Oh, that sounds fun! I hope you have a ton of fun doing that.

This weekend I will have time to post, but I don't know if I'll have anything TO post. I COULD come up with something and make it interesting for some people...

-- Foley
Old 06-11-2008, 05:23 PM   #376
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
When is the whole DW II thing going to end?
Old 06-11-2008, 05:51 PM   #377
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

It's anybody's guess. At least ten more days, unlesss the ordinary villagers get lucky and kill off two werewolves sooner.
Old 06-11-2008, 06:14 PM   #378
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet View Post
It's anybody's guess. At least ten more days, unlesss the ordinary villagers get lucky and kill off two werewolves sooner.
Haha, Elempi's being pessimistic. There's just one werewolf left anymore. So, it could end on Friday - but it could take more than a week still. Nobody knows.

And thanks for the well-wishes, Foley, I promise we'll have a lot of fun.
Old 06-11-2008, 08:04 PM   #379
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
I COULD come up with something and make it interesting for some people...
You should! Javan is the best!
Old 06-11-2008, 09:31 PM   #380
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
You should! Javan is the best!
I agree! Today I was doing dishes here at camp with another staff member - I kept her on tinderhooks as I told her about Javan's escapades. "Well, he burned the stables down on accident." "Oh!" "And Eodwine was pretty scarry then." "I'll bet!" It was funny.

-- Foley
Old 06-12-2008, 08:44 AM   #381
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
I'm sorry I disappeared for days - yes, you can partly blame that DWW thing for that. But I just handed in my letter of resignation. (Familiar story, Elempi? I think I'm the only one who did that for both games! )

Anyway, I have a couple of posts that should be put up, but I'm currently working on a plant physio paper - or at least trying to - and it's sapping all my creative juices. I really hope to get something done for the Meadhall this weekend.

*very tired sigh*
Old 06-12-2008, 09:43 AM   #382
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen View Post
I'm sorry I disappeared for days - yes, you can partly blame that DWW thing for that. But I just handed in my letter of resignation. (Familiar story, Elempi? I think I'm the only one who did that for both games! )

Anyway, I have a couple of posts that should be put up, but I'm currently working on a plant physio paper - or at least trying to - and it's sapping all my creative juices. I really hope to get something done for the Meadhall this weekend.

*very tired sigh*
I'm really, really glad I refused the invitation although it was for other reasons than a busy schedule.

Please note, Lhuna, that time has moved in the rpg, and it is now late afternoon, so that anything you write about the Lhuna and Harreld conversation must be in retrospect until they are caught up to current rpg time.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:55 PM   #383
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Oh, oh, oh, I want to post so bad. Rarely have I had this urge to post when I absolutely COULDN'T post. I sincerely hope and intend to write something tomorrow or Saturday!

-- Folwren
Old 06-13-2008, 09:53 AM   #384
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I've edited post # 133, taking it in a completely different direction: Rowenna has just discovered a corpse in one of the outbuildings, the meat curing shed.

EDIT: I'm going to adjust my previous directive about time of day. Instead of a whole was of retrospective material in a whole bunch of posts, what I want us to do is put the time of day in the subject line of our posts. For example, in my next post in which Rowenna will tell Eodwine about the body, my subject will read like so: Late Morning, Same Day. Then within the post, you make some narrative comments as to what time of day it is by the end of your post.

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 06-13-2008 at 09:56 AM.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:08 AM   #385
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

My goodness, where are all these dead people coming from? A cemetery couldn't have more dead people than Scarburg!
Old 06-13-2008, 12:46 PM   #386
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen View Post
I'm currently working on a plant physio paper - or at least trying to - and it's sapping all my creative juices.
Is that a joke?

Anyway, yes, I'll post in probably 12 hours
Old 06-13-2008, 06:54 PM   #387
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin Redbeard View Post
My goodness, where are all these dead people coming from? A cemetery couldn't have more dead people than Scarburg!
You make a good point. It would get ridiculous if we had too many dead bodies hiding here and there around the Scarburg lands. However, this particular one is not superfluous; it is something that is there because of a plot point needed by the Oeric/Firefoot/Dan group, which I was told about and therefore had Rowenna stumble upon. Another mystery. Of course, having a landholding reduced to ruins created the possibility for all these mysteries. It does make things a bit more interesting, and I expect little by little the mysteries will be revealed. Actually, I had no idea someone would pick up on the woman and child remains in the ruin and turn it into a piece of their own story, but that's the way these things go.
Old 06-14-2008, 07:00 AM   #388
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Firefoot, that cracked me up.

Foley, care to have Thornden weigh in on the matter before Rowenna and/or Eodwine do?
Old 06-14-2008, 07:46 AM   #389
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Firefoot, that post of yours was truly funny, I can't wait to see more writing!
Old 06-14-2008, 09:03 AM   #390
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
Is that a joke?

Anyway, yes, I'll post in probably 12 hours
Oh, I wish it was! I didn't sleep because of it.

Just when I was planning to put my post up, we've been assigned another paper. Gah. I'm sorry, all. I'll post as soon as I can.
Old 06-14-2008, 02:22 PM   #391
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

If you get a chance to post before I do, then go ahead. I will try to post sometime, but with how my younger siblings hog the computer playing Age of Empires, I don't know what my chances are. I would post now, but I am leaving soon for a picnic dinner with family and don't think I'll get back again tonight to write.

-- Foley
Old 06-14-2008, 11:36 PM   #392
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Wow, thanks. Wasn't even trying...

I suppose that trying too hard tends to kill it, though, so maybe that's why it worked.
Old 06-15-2008, 07:04 AM   #393
shaggydog
Animated Skeleton

shaggydog has just left Hobbiton.
Great posts everyone! I've edited my post 136 to now accord with LMP's edit. Poor Dan! He's been stuck in that bog for quite some time He's probably given up all hope of rescue Eonwe, I see you were going to post, so I will wait until you do. If you prefer for me to go ahead, let me know.
Old 06-15-2008, 07:39 AM   #394
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Now that the body is found, anyone who had a hand in deciding that there was one there, is there anything the rest of us should know about what we will find? A wound? A weapon? Anything else that people negotiating a corpse out of a shed would notice?
Old 06-16-2008, 10:24 AM   #395
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Zipidee doo da, DW II is over! I guess this means we'll be reading some new posts in the thread!

Well LMP, it depends where you want to go with the storyline. Do we want to just say that Scarburg hall was burnt down by accident, or do we want to say that it was arson? If we do arson than we should definately have a wound and a weapon in the corps.
Old 06-16-2008, 12:31 PM   #396
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I started my RPG replying projecy with the two other RPGs and now I can't post anymore... I'll post tomorrow or on Wednesady. Sorry to be this unreliable.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:36 PM   #397
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Arson! I want arson! And murder! Lots of that, too!
Old 06-16-2008, 07:58 PM   #398
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Based on information I have received from those working on the plot points, the destruction of the former Scarburg hall is a matter of ill repute as is the death in the meat curing shed. More coming soon. Don't be squeamish.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:21 PM   #399
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Quote:
Arson! I want arson! And murder! Lots of that, too!
Ha! I'm so using that as a screen name in future. Can you imagine how strange a look that would get you used anywhere but this thread?

On a more on topic note, I hope to get a post up on Wednesday because poor Crabannan got left hanging a bit earlier and Kara should know better.
Old 06-17-2008, 11:31 AM   #400
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I've got my post up today. The hunting party hasn't come back to camp just yet, but they are close, I thought that I'd give everyone else a chance to catch up with the day.

I spoke to Thinlomien about meeting some of the locals around Scarburg, I hope it's alright with everyone. Just let me know if I need to change anything.