Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2008, 02:16 PM   #401
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Now, with DW II over, and my French exams almost over, I can finally post.
Old 06-18-2008, 12:23 PM   #402
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I managed to post, finally. I'm just wondering if there'll be a problem with the little "few hours later" time jump. If so, I can edit. I'm just not very optimistic when it comes to my net access in the three two and a half weeks to follow, so I was not sure when I could post that Modtryth thing. And concerning those next three weeks, I will be able to get online occasionally and should have time to write, but just don't expect a huge reaction speed from me...
Old 06-18-2008, 07:45 PM   #403
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Great post, Thinlomien! Don't have Rowenna scold Cnebba and the boys too badly, I rather enjoyed their fighting.

I'm sorry for posting so soon, I guess I'm the one who's bringing the day to an end. I'm leaving for a trip to Europe on the 26th of June, so I want to get Erbrand's duties of Skinning the deer hides, storing them away, beginning the drying out process, and getting the snares set all out of the way. I'll be posting sometime tomorrow; that will get the hunting party back into camp.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:04 PM   #404
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Groin, if I were you, I'd wait until you got back from your trip before posting your days' end post. Who knows? We might still be in this day, seeing as there's so much happening.

I posted. It is not as good as I should like, but I'm at camp and don't have time to think a post out. As Elempi implied somewhile ago on this thread, the boys don't have much else to do 'cept quarrel.

Lommy, it's back to you again. You get to decide where to go with this. I give you free rein.

As for Thornden and Saeryn, a post for them would not be as simple to write, that's why I'm not writing one just now. If I find another window of time this week before going home, I'll use it. If not, I'll try to write something this weekend.

-- Foley
Old 06-19-2008, 04:53 AM   #405
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I indicated that Lys was with Garstan also. His writer, however, has not been around in months; should we drop him?
Old 06-19-2008, 05:54 AM   #406
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I don't really know about that Lys-thing... Only that it's not necessary that he's mentioned in our posts, he could be doing something else somewhere close.

Funny post Folwrey... I will write as soon as I can but that won't be until next week. If Nogrod's less busy and finally gets to read through this thread, he might continue writing Cnebba, too... We'll see how this goes.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:53 AM   #407
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
Groin, if I were you, I'd wait until you got back from your trip before posting your days' end post. Who knows? We might still be in this day, seeing as there's so much happening.
Thanks Folwren. I will focus on another RPG while I'm waiting, and I'll just wait 'till I come back to write a post for here.

Last edited by Groin Redbeard; 06-19-2008 at 11:30 AM.
Old 06-19-2008, 07:11 PM   #408
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
I aim to post very soon, probably tonight. I'm not entirely sure what I'll have Crabannan doing, but I would like to get him involved in the settlement somehow.
Old 06-19-2008, 07:42 PM   #409
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
No...no, let's not drop Lys. Let me play him during Tara's absence. I had simply forgotten about him. He can add an interesting contrast to this scene. If I get around to writing again before Thin does, I may add something from his perspective. Do you think that'd be alright, Elempi? (I almost called you Eodwine...ha!)

-- Foley
Old 06-19-2008, 11:08 PM   #410
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Oh, look, I forgot to post.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:02 AM   #411
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I just wanted to pop in here and say that I loved the new posts that were posted laster night. I'm so glad that I have something to read now!

Gwathagor, I see that you've even changed your location, very nice! I expect this means that you'll be doing a lot of posting.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:32 AM   #412
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Oh my I shall have some fun with this...
Old 06-20-2008, 09:54 AM   #413
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoot View Post
Oh my I shall have some fun with this...
Funny, Firefoot. I can see Eodwine and Harreld having some fun with Léof's inexperience.

Foley, I wouldn't want us to offend Tara by MIS-using Lys. I think we're safe in using him as long as we do so in the spirit of Tara's intentions.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:02 AM   #414
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
I'll be catching up this weekend (to two or more weeks' worth of posts!) and putting up my post in between revising my thesis proposal. I'm really sorry to be missing all this, and disappearing every now and then on you all. I can't promise it won't happen again - as a matter of fact, I have more confidence promising you that it will happen again.
Old 06-20-2008, 11:14 PM   #415
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet View Post
Foley, I wouldn't want us to offend Tara by MIS-using Lys. I think we're safe in using him as long as we do so in the spirit of Tara's intentions.
Oh, of course. I would totally use Lys in the spirit of Tara's past writing and her intentions.

-- Foley
Old 06-20-2008, 11:18 PM   #416
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

I shall be posting shortly.

EDIT: Done!

Last edited by Gwathagor; 06-20-2008 at 11:51 PM.
Old 06-21-2008, 12:30 AM   #417
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Wow, Gwath, that's impressive. It takes me hours to craft even the shortest posts.

I'm a bit confused with the times. I was going to have Randvér arrive in Scarburg today game time, but it wouldn't do for him to come too late into the day. Perhaps noon would be better?
Old 06-21-2008, 12:33 AM   #418
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

I'm fast, but I'm not that fast. I had been working on the post prior to posting here in the discussion thread.
Old 06-22-2008, 03:02 PM   #419
shaggydog
Animated Skeleton

shaggydog has just left Hobbiton.
Whew! Sorry that doesnt move things along much Eonwe, I just had been working on that before you posted and didnt want to just ditch it. Actually, I had written Oeric having to dig Dan partially out because when I went and looked for some information about bog rescues I think that's what they have to do. It would really be about impossible to actually pull someone out if they were in very deep. Here's a link to a recent story here if anyone is interested:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...scue-team.html

Anyway, feel free Eonew to pick that up or Firefoot, help yourself
Old 06-22-2008, 05:32 PM   #420
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

For some reason I have doubts that I handled my last post properly, maybe because I'm still confused with how the times changed a bit much. So please give me a heads-up if something needs to be changed.

I'll try to put up my Randvér post within the week, try being the operative word.`

Last edited by Lhunardawen; 06-22-2008 at 06:11 PM.
Old 06-22-2008, 06:06 PM   #421
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Fun posts to read, Gwath, shaggydog, & Lhuna. Nothing needs to be changed in any of them, as far as I can see.
Old 06-24-2008, 06:21 AM   #422
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggydog View Post
Whew! Sorry that doesnt move things along much Eonwe, I just had been working on that before you posted and didnt want to just ditch it. Actually, I had written Oeric having to dig Dan partially out because when I went and looked for some information about bog rescues I think that's what they have to do. It would really be about impossible to actually pull someone out if they were in very deep. Here's a link to a recent story here if anyone is interested:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...scue-team.html

Anyway, feel free Eonew to pick that up or Firefoot, help yourself
But I think that the mud there was much thicker. Here it is more watery.

But if not, then i'll edit it, but first of all: what season is it?
Old 06-24-2008, 07:44 AM   #423
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
But if not, then i'll edit it, but first of all: what season is it?
I think that it's around Fall, with Winter coming on.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:12 AM   #424
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
It's actually the middle of summer... July 9 to be exact.
Old 06-24-2008, 02:31 PM   #425
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Lommy, are you posting soon? Just wondering and wanted to give you a nudge. I want to see what happens with our trio there.

Maybe sometime this week or weekend I can post for Lys...? We'll see.

-- Foley
Old 06-24-2008, 06:37 PM   #426
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Shield

I just wanted to tell ya'll that I'll be gone on June 26th until July 8th, gone on a trip to Europe. I hope the day at Scarburg goes well while I'm gone, and I'll be looking forward to all of the new posts when I get back!

Have fun with it,
Groin Redbeard
Old 06-24-2008, 06:43 PM   #427
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Where in Europe?
Old 06-25-2008, 07:30 AM   #428
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
Where in Europe?
London, I will be studying Winston Churchill at Oxford for a couple of days and then we moved on to the hallowed ground of Normandy, and the not so hallowed ground of Paris, to study Operation Overlord. Pretty exciting stuff!

Last edited by Groin Redbeard; 06-25-2008 at 07:33 AM.
Old 06-25-2008, 08:12 AM   #429
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Ah ha, very good. Enjoy Normandy for me.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:39 AM   #430
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin Redbeard View Post
London, I will be studying Winston Churchill at Oxford for a couple of days and then we moved on to the hallowed ground of Normandy, and the not so hallowed ground of Paris, to study Operation Overlord. Pretty exciting stuff!
I hope you get a chance to stop in at the Eagle and Child and Magdalen College, and have a peek at Northmoor Road where Tolkien lived while you're in Oxford.
Old 06-27-2008, 05:34 PM   #431
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Hilo. I'm back for a week. Well, kind of back. We're having a huge family reunion this week, so there will be days when I'm not active, but I'm here.

Lommy, are you posting?

-- Foley
Old 06-27-2008, 06:44 PM   #432
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Has interest in this day tailed off? Let's move it to evening meal or later, over which various and folk can talk about the day's work completed.
Old 06-27-2008, 06:48 PM   #433
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Evening meal sounds good. I could try to make a few friends over dinner.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:45 PM   #434
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Well, no, not at all. Interest for this day has not worn off in the least, so far as I am concerned. But, if everyone else wishes it, I won't holler TOO loudly.

-- Foley
Old 06-27-2008, 10:25 PM   #435
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Yeah, I could go either way myself.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:51 PM   #436
shaggydog
Animated Skeleton

Scyld, Dan and Oeric have to wrap up their little storyline so please wait one more day before moving to evening. Firefoot, Eonwe, I will write a post tomorrow and try to bring it together and then you two can take it from there. LMP thanks for your patience.
Old 06-28-2008, 04:22 AM   #437
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

I can't do my post, I still have no internet over weekdays and I have a killer exam and two papers due next week. I'm really sorry. Maybe it won't be so late for Randvér to arrive in Scarburg on the third day...
Old 06-28-2008, 07:24 AM   #438
shaggydog
Animated Skeleton

Alright, Eonwe, Firefoot, take it away
Old 06-28-2008, 08:10 AM   #439
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Ooh! Dan has a dilemma on his hands, considering what Eodwine sent him to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
Well, no, not at all. Interest for this day has not worn off in the least, so far as I am concerned. But, if everyone else wishes it, I won't holler TOO loudly.
Saeryn could stand to be featured before evening meal.

Lhuna, how would it be if Randvér's arrival were a month off? I'm hoping to skip time to early August with the next "official" Day.

I can write a post featuring Harreld's inner thoughts too.

Stigend and associates' ventures into finding wood needs a post too. Nogrod?

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 06-28-2008 at 08:22 AM.
Old 06-28-2008, 11:17 AM   #440
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet View Post
Stigend and associates' ventures into finding wood needs a post too. Nogrod?
I'm Commiing!

Yes. It kind of frustrates to write this kind of apologies one after another but I believe this time it's for good.

I had my worst spring ever, really. Never had such amounts of work in my hands before during the late spring. It was just catastrophic.

When the vacations finally started I had my daughters with me at my place and we had the DW II which took a lot of time.

Then we went to have Midsummer Eve -celebrations which took what, four days...

After that (Monday) I have been writing a teacher's manual with my colleague to a textbook we made last year as the publisher presses on (they said the deadline should have been yesterday but we managed to push it forwards so that it is Monday-morning now).

So: exhausted, but also looking forwards to really getting a grip with this... and to start taking this on.

I hope I can read myself up to date on Monday the latest and then start really to get involved.

Sorry.

But there's the RL which sometimes intervenes annoyingly...