Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2008, 05:06 PM   #761
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Game Caretakers

Archery Erbrand, Crabannan, Garmund, Cnebba, Dan, Eodwine,Javan, Thornden --> __________

Horse Racing Erbrand, Eodwine, Rowenna, Javan, Saeryn, Léof--> ___________

Racing on foot Erbrand, Garmund, Cnebba, Eodwine--> ___________

Stone Throwing Garmund, Cnebba, Harreld, Erbrand --> ____________

Wrestling Crabannan, Dan, Harreld--> __________

Dueling Crabannan, Dan, Eodwine--> ________

Quarterstaff-fight Erbrand, Crabannan, Stigend, Dan, Eodwine, Harreld, Thornden--> __________

Javelin Throwing Erbrand, Crabannan, Stigend, Dan, Harreld, Thornden--> _________

Riddles Dan, Eodwine, Javan

Sack-fight Harreld, Erbrand, Dan, Javan, Cnebba, Garmund, Stigend,--> NOGROD

Dagger-throwing Rowenna, Eodwine, Harreld, Saeryn--> __________

Task-path Rowenna, Eodwine, Harreld, Dan, Javan--> _________

Rope-tie race Eodwine, Rowenna, Erbrand, Stigend, Garstan, Cnebba, Garmund, Javan, Saeryn, Kara, Ginna--> __________

Build a fire Dan, Saeryn--> _________

Wheel barrow race Javan--> __________

Rope climbing Erbrand--> __________

I'll keep updating this list as things develop.

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 08-31-2008 at 05:22 PM.
Old 08-31-2008, 05:17 PM   #762
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
By the way, Leof is listed under the wrong category - he should be under horse race, not foot race...
Old 08-31-2008, 05:24 PM   #763
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
If we decide to go with Eodwine's idea of a caretaker for each game, I would absolutely love to be the caretaker of the horse racing. However, Firefoot may have it from me if she wants it.

Fea, I haven't even read Elempi's post, so I don't know if I want to reply to it... Let me go see.

EDIT: You can reply to him. Saeryn probably would stay much at all. You can have her smile really big and then slip off to see what all the hubbub was about, leaving the two men she loves most () talking.

Last edited by Folwren; 08-31-2008 at 05:30 PM.
Old 08-31-2008, 07:03 PM   #764
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Folwren can have the horserace; I don't mind sharing once in a while...

I would like to take the dagger-throwing contest however... although Scyld has not officially signed up, he shall indeed make an appearance as a last minute challenger.
Old 08-31-2008, 08:30 PM   #765
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Elempi, where is Rowenna at this point in time? Is she around the horses?
Old 09-01-2008, 08:41 AM   #766
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Yikes, I never wrote a reply from Leof, did I? I'll try very hard to do that today...
Old 09-01-2008, 10:05 AM   #767
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I'm around here but I have little I feel is essential to say and about as little time (or then I'm concentrating on other things... ), so that's why I haven't been posting. I'm still following and enjoying all of this and I will write if I get the chance and inspiration to do so...
Old 09-01-2008, 10:51 AM   #768
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Elempi,

I used Rowenna. If anything of hers needs to be changed, please let me know. But it was imperitive that she told Saeryn that she was racing Flithaf.

-- Folwren
Old 09-01-2008, 11:31 AM   #769
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foley
Elempi, I used Rowenna. If anything of hers needs to be changed, please let me know. But it was imperitive that she told Saeryn that she was racing Flithaf.
Oh, it was, was it?

By the way, since when does Saeryn have dark red hair? I never noticed that in any description before. Do you have a way of reading the mind of Eodwine's writer, that it's one of his favorites? Out with it, I want the truth.

By the way, I'll lay claim to the wrestling matches.

UPDATED LIST:

Archery Erbrand, Crabannan, Garmund, Cnebba, Dan, Eodwine,Javan, Thornden --> __________

Horse Racing Erbrand, Eodwine, Rowenna, Javan, Saeryn, Léof--> FOLWREN

Racing on foot Erbrand, Garmund, Cnebba, Eodwine--> ___________

Wrestling Crabannan, Dan, Harreld--> ELEMPI

Dueling Crabannan, Dan, Eodwine--> ________

Quarterstaff-fight Erbrand, Crabannan, Stigend, Dan, Eodwine, Harreld, Thornden--> __________

Javelin Throwing Erbrand, Crabannan, Stigend, Dan, Harreld, Thornden--> _________

Sack-fight Harreld, Erbrand, Dan, Javan, Cnebba, Garmund, Stigend,--> NOGROD

Dagger-throwing Rowenna, Eodwine, Harreld, Saeryn, Scyld--> FIREFOOT

Task-path Rowenna, Eodwine, Harreld, Dan, Javan--> _________

Rope-tie race Eodwine, Rowenna, Erbrand, Stigend, Garstan, Cnebba, Garmund, Javan, Saeryn, Kara, Ginna--> __________

Build a fire Dan, Saeryn--> _________

Wheel barrow race Javan--> __________

Rope climbing Erbrand--> __________
Old 09-01-2008, 12:20 PM   #770
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet View Post
Oh, it was, was it?
Yes, as a matter of fact.

Now, can you add a little something to your post for me?

Quote:
"No, I asked him, and he said I could."

"Asked who?" Saeryn said, her smiling fading a little bit more.

"Eodwine, of course." (or whatever you want her to say)

"But will he not be in the race himself?"
And so on. If you want to know, Saeryn is going to end up racing her horse, too.

Quote:
By the way, since when does Saeryn have dark red hair? I never noticed that in any description before. Do you have a way of reading the mind of Eodwine's writer, that it's one of his favorites? Out with it, I want the truth.
It's auburn, which is a deep red, brownish color. I've understood that since I took up the character. It was described thus in the early days of Fea's creation of Saeryn.
Old 09-01-2008, 01:24 PM   #771
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Great posts everyone, I'm glad that everyone is getting enthusiastic again.

I'll volunteer to take care of the archery, and if no one wants it I'll take the Task-Path. Should we move the last three into the Task-Path?
Old 09-01-2008, 02:45 PM   #772
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin Redbeard View Post
Should we move the last three into the Task-Path?
I think we could... should do it.
Old 09-01-2008, 03:40 PM   #773
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
It's auburn, which is a deep red, brownish color. I've understood that since I took up the character. It was described thus in the early days of Fea's creation of Saeryn.
Precisely. And Degas, though he is her twin, has a lighter shade of red.
Old 09-01-2008, 03:50 PM   #774
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Addition--

Does anybody know the best way to get a hold of JennyHallu? We used to talk frequently on AIM, but I haven't seen her around in a long time. I don't think she'll mind me appropriating Linduial, but I'd still prefer to ask.
Old 09-01-2008, 05:35 PM   #775
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Post adjusted as requested, Foley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
Does anybody know the best way to get a hold of JennyHallu? We used to talk frequently on AIM, but I haven't seen her around in a long time. I don't think she'll mind me appropriating Linduial, but I'd still prefer to ask.
Try xanga. No promises, but I think she might be keeping up with that. Or try Celuien on xanga, who last I heard was keeping up with her....

Auburn. Hmmm... I do recall that. Auburn just seems lighter to me than "dark red". I suppose I get it mixed up with strawberry blonde for some stupid reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gróin
Should we move the last three into the Task-Path?
Consider it done.

NEWLY UPDATED LIST:

Archery Erbrand, Crabannan, Garmund, Cnebba, Dan, Eodwine,Javan, Thornden --> GRÓIN

Horse Race Erbrand, Eodwine, Rowenna, Javan, Saeryn, Léof--> FOLWREN

Foot Race Erbrand, Garmund, Cnebba, Eodwine--> ___________

Wrestling Crabannan, Dan, Harreld--> ELEMPI

Sword fight Crabannan, Dan, Eodwine--> ________

Spear Throwing Erbrand, Crabannan, Stigend, Dan, Harreld, Thornden--> _________

Riddles Dan, Eodwine, Javan, Degas

Sack-fight Harreld, Erbrand, Dan, Javan, Cnebba, Garmund, Stigend--> NOGROD

Dagger-throwing Rowenna, Eodwine, Harreld, Saeryn, Scyld--> FIREFOOT

Task-path Rowenna, Eodwine, Harreld, Dan, Javan, Saeryn, Erbrand --> GRÓIN

Three Legged Race Eodwine, Rowenna, Erbrand, Stigend, Garstan, Cnebba, Garmund, Javan, Saeryn, Kara, Ginna, Léoðern, Degas --> __________

We still seek caretaker choices from Gwathagor, Feanor, Lommy, shaggydog, Eonwe, Formy, Kath, & Lhuna; you are not required to, but should you wish to be a caretaker, please speek up soon. I'll give this 2 or 3 more days before I open it up for people to claim as many caretaking assignments as they wish. I'm letting Gróin take 2 already because the task path was his idea, I believe, which was his 2nd choice.

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 09-01-2008 at 05:43 PM.
Old 09-01-2008, 07:51 PM   #776
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Elempi, I am counting on Rowenna not accepting Saeryn's offer. Maybe even taking her up on her bet. That would be funny.

Organizing the horse racing...

With only six participants and five horses running, why would they do two heats? Will they all run the horses twice and Rowenna and Eodwine switch out? Just wondering what her reasoning was.

We have six riders, four players:
Groin - Erbrand
Elempi - Eodwine
Elempi - Rowenna
Foley - Saeryn
Foley - Javan
Firefoot - Leof

Who's going to win? How close is it going to be?

May I put in my two cents about horses? Or would you rather not hear it? Better yet, before I put in my two cents, can everybody put in a description of their horse? I don't want to know what color it is, rather, what was it bred for? For instance, I know that Flithaf was bred as a war horse, and he is now a little on the elderly side (over ten). I know, also, that Saeryn's horse is a ladies riding horse, and on the younger side (probably seven or younger). That is why Saeryn said in my latest post that she bets her horse will be faster than Flithaf. Javan's horse is a short horse (13 hands) very slightly on the stocky side. Javan's is probably not going to win.

So, tell me about your horses, their age, their size, and what they were bred for. If you designed them after a particular Real Life breed, what breed did you design them after?
Old 09-01-2008, 08:53 PM   #777
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Aethel was bred to be a riding horse. She's, oh, maybe 15 hands high? And I think about seven years old (I know I established her age somewhere a long time ago... but I think that's about right). Maybe a little older, but only by a year or two. If you wanted a loose basis on a real sort of horse, I'd probably say a quarter horse.
Old 09-01-2008, 09:43 PM   #778
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Degas should take part in the horse race, but please please please don't make me think about details? I'd much rather it be summarized as something like "Degas also took part in the horse race" accompanied possibly by "and lost to his sister." Since he mentioned wanting to race Eodwine (and lose), and I didn't specify which race, Degas should also be signed up for the foot race (which he wouldn't come in last in, but most likely wouldn't win). Also he'd let himself be talked into wrestling and the sword fight. Wrestling he could hold his own in, but all other things being equal, he'd lose to a bigger opponent. And he's lanky, so even compact Nain could take him due to low center of gravity. There's a good chance he could win the sword fights, but I really don't care whether or not it's written extensively.

The only games I have inclination to write in detail about are Degas running the three-legged race with Leodhern, and the riddle game. For the rest that I mentioned, feel free to include him for the sake of numbers and amusement, but I'm not all that invested in them, to be honest.

Also, I feel bad about not volunteering to be a caretaker, but with classes just starting again, I don't want to overextend myself before I know exactly what to expect.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:13 PM   #779
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
May I tentatively offer to manage the sword-dueling?
Old 09-01-2008, 10:23 PM   #780
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Folwren, will it throw things off if I - I mean, Crabannan (as you can see, I'm having some reality issues in my life right now...) - joins the horse-race as well? I figure that since I wrote him a horse at the beginning, I may as well use this opportunity to bring that gallant old bag of bones back on the scene.

Maybe he (the horse) will collapse and die during the race. That would be interesting.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:03 AM   #781
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
But the fire-building or rope climbing, for example, in which fewer are participating, might be prudent to skim over.
Can you imagine doing a scene for fire-making?
Old 09-02-2008, 05:22 AM   #782
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Of course! If anyone wants to join in the horse race, then they are welcome! The more the merrier! So Fea and Gwath - welcome!

Fea, if you don't want to put in details, that's fine. That was just my idea to try to find out who it would be fair to allow to win. When I create a horse character, I know what it looks like and what it's qualities are, and I hoped that if others do the same thing, they would be able to describe their horse to me so we could figure out who was the likeliest to be the fastest.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:11 AM   #783
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
When I create a horse character, I know what it looks like and what it's qualities are, and I hoped that if others do the same thing, they would be able to describe their horse to me so we could figure out who was the likeliest to be the fastest.
I know what purpose the horses serve, and I know what they look like, but I rarely pause to do anything more than intuitively create one.

The horse that Degas originally had was left in Gondor with Farlen (Degas had just ridden in from the coast, and left immediately once he heard the news; the new horse was a gift from his future family, to get him home quickly). Consequently, Degas's mount right now is a spritely mare bred for endurance over long distances, but not necessarily for being the fastest in a short race. Also, Degas has been riding her the distance from Southern Gondor to Scarburg (and just got there this morning). So he might not even want to ride her in a race, since it's been a long haul. Though, like Rowenna, he might borrow somebody else's mount just to take part. Still, he's a lot more likely to win a marathon than a sprint; Degas has been traveling for years, but he's not the most competitive guy around unless he's got good reason to be (like defending somebody's honor, being victorious in an actual battle, or being irritated). He's tired, even if he's calm again, and even at his best he'd not win against somebody like Leof, and I've always thought of Saeryn as the more nimble rider of the two, though Degas - as I said - can crank out a journey better than most. It's all to do with who he is: they're Rohirrim, so they all can ride, and he's a man of Rohan, so he's really quite on top of this, but he's a traveling poet. Traveling poets have different expectations of their steeds than warriors and racers.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:49 AM   #784
shaggydog
Animated Skeleton

shaggydog has just left Hobbiton.
As my name did appear in LMP's post about being caretaker for a game, I just wanted to say I won't take one on, as I'm not in them although I am reading to keep up. Still working on how best to get Oeric into the mix. Hope that's OK.
Old 09-02-2008, 07:58 AM   #785
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Thanks for keeping the list updated, Elempi.

Quote:
That was just my idea to try to find out who it would be fair to allow to win. When I create a horse character, I know what it looks like and what it's qualities are, and I hoped that if others do the same thing, they would be able to describe their horse to me so we could figure out who was the likeliest to be the fastest.
Ooh, this sounds like fun. Though I'm sure Erbrand's chances of winning are next to zero. His horse, Traveller, was bread for hauling things all over the place like carts full of wood or hides. He stands a little over 17 hands tall and is 19 years old. Traveller is what I always pictured as a Shire or Clydesdale breed.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:12 AM   #786
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
If one character more would join the sack-fight we'd have eight competitors which would be a perfect number...

The participants this far: Harreld, Erbrand, Dan, Javan, Cnebba, Garmund, Stigend.

Remember that the game is suitable also to ladies as it is more of balance and agility than of strength - even if that may help a bit (with strength alone one is bound to lose but with agility & balance only one can win).

And surely more than one can join... but at least one would be nice.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:19 AM   #787
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Crabannan's horse, Horse, was sold to him by a farmer because the beast was a poor worker: lazy, erratic, stubborn, etc. Horse is bony, shaggy, between 15 and 16 hands, and of indeterminate ancestry. His color is a mottled brown and grey. He can be surprisingly fast, but only when the mood takes him, or when in danger. Crabannan does not know how old his horse is, but estimates between 10 and 14?
Old 09-02-2008, 08:27 AM   #788
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
I suppose if Kara joined the sack-fight you could put her against one of the youngsters, might even if out a little?
Old 09-02-2008, 08:35 AM   #789
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
Crabannan's horse, Horse, was sold to him by a farmer because the beast was a poor worker: lazy, erratic, stubborn, etc. Horse is bony, shaggy, between 15 and 16 hands, and of indeterminate ancestry. His color is a mottled brown and grey. He can be surprisingly fast, but only when the mood takes him, or when in danger. Crabannan does not know how old his horse is, but estimates between 10 and 14?
Haha! I can just imagine the beginning of the race - all the horses start off at their best speed - exept Crabannan's. Horse just stands there, with, perhaps, his front feet stuck out before him a little. Oh, the picture is hilarious!
Old 09-02-2008, 08:42 AM   #790
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
I suppose if Kara joined the sack-fight you could put her against one of the youngsters
That would be a good idea. Also we could see that if Garmund and Cnebba would be one pair and Javan & Kara would be another the winners of those "matches" would meet on the next round... or something. So the four adult men would have games between themselves at the first rounds. Then in the final we would have either a youngster or a lady and who knows what could happen there?

I mean if you're not against it I'd like to see someone else than an adult man as a champion in this game - and I have already a nice idea about how it could go in the end...

But do not let this discourage anyone to take part still. Different competition mechanics can always be made up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
might even if out a little?
??? Sorry but my broken English just broke down completely...
Old 09-02-2008, 08:53 AM   #791
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
??? Sorry but my broken English just broke down completely...
She meant, might make the odds a little more even.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:54 AM   #792
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Ooh typo actually - the 'if' should have been 'it'. But yeah Folwren's right about what I meant.

Well I strongly suspect that Kara will lose to Javan if you put them against each other so he will end up in the final.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:29 AM   #793
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

even it out... sure. One funny thing with this non-nativeveness is that one doesn't come to think of an obvious solution. I mean with one's own language it's easy to see what is the missing / wrong part...

Quote:
Well I strongly suspect that Kara will lose to Javan if you put them against each other so he will end up in the final.
Well, he will have to face either Garmund or Cnebba before getting to the final...

And if Foley has nothing against it I'd like to roll the dices for that one. Yes I can make the odds favour Javan a bit but still I'd like it to be chance that decides the outcome. I'll only write then what the dices tell me to write...

Also the odds will slightly favour Garmund over Cnebba - but the dices will decidethat as well.

How about you others? What do you think the odds for Harreld, Erbrand & Dan should be for my rolling of the dices?

I'd say Stigend might be pretty good in this one as he has the military training and works in building-sites where you have to have good balance while you work in high places with narrow room for your feet.

Btw. I saw there are only three contenders in both wrestling and sword fight. Do you think we should have more there? I mean if no one wishes to join there we could add Garstan and Stigend to both (or one each). They would probably lose but four would be nicer than three.

Also I see there are seven contenders in the quarterstaff fight. If no one comes to join I'd say Garstan could be the number eight there to make it an easy competition (even pairs).

How about the NPC's in general? Should we think who could fit and where? I mean they probably would like to participate? Like Wilcred, Aethelstan and Osmund who acompanied Stigend with the finding of the logs... At least the two younger soldiers would probably like to join the fighting competitions to show their qualities...

Or do we leave the real NPC's just outsiders here? Storywise they should participate but what do you think?
Old 09-02-2008, 10:38 AM   #794
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I don't think Erbrand would last long in the sack fight, his tall figure will make it difficult for him to find balance. The only hope I can see for him is if he battles Kara or Harreld, the boys would be a toss up.

Nogrod, I took Erbrand out of the quarterstaff fighting and put him in dueling to even things out.

Archery Erbrand, Crabannan, Garmund, Cnebba, Dan, Eodwine,Javan, Thornden
Horse Racing Erbrand, Eodwine, Rowenna, Javan, Saeryn
Racing on foot Erbrand, Garmund, Cnebba, Eodwine, Leof
Stone Throwing Garmund, Cnebba, Harreld, Erbrand
Wrestling Crabannan, Dan, Harreld
Dueling Crabannan, Dan, Eodwine, Erbrand
Quarterstaff-fight Crabannan, Stigend, Dan, Eodwine, Harreld, Thornden
Javelin Throwing Erbrand, Crabannan, Stigend, Dan, Harreld, Thornden
Sack-fight Harreld, Erbrand, Dan, Javan, Cnebba, Garmund, Stigend,
Dagger-throwing Rowenna, Eodwine, Harreld, Saeryn
Task-path Rowenna, Eodwine, Harreld, Dan, Javan
Rope-tie race Eodwine, Rowenna, Erbrand, Stigend, Garstan, Cnebba, Garmund, Javan, Saeryn, Kara, Ginna, Dan, Erbrand

Last edited by Groin Redbeard; 09-02-2008 at 11:13 AM.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:05 AM   #795
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Update-stuff: Groin: check lmp's #775 as he merged the last games into the task-path...

I just went back to see the three soldiers (NPC's) I wrote with Stigend and at least the two young ones should take part in the "fighting games". They would love to. I also remember there being soldiers in the hunting party. Wouldn't they want to join as well?

Or do we just ignore them with the games?

I'd like to hear views on it.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:08 AM   #796
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin Redbeard View Post
Nogrod, I took Erbrand out of the quarterstaff fighting and put him in dueling to even things out.
I wouldn't like to see people pulling out to even things out... Merely I'd like to see more people joining. And we might use those NPC's as well.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:12 PM   #797
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

I approve of using NPCs. That's why they exist, after all...
Old 09-02-2008, 12:37 PM   #798
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Oh my word Groin! You can't make Kara turn someone down! Ooh I'll go and have a think about this. I'll try and get a post up later tonight.
Old 09-02-2008, 01:25 PM   #799
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
I approve of using NPCs. That's why they exist, after all...
Exactly, name the games that you want them in and I'll list them.

Quote:
Oh my word Groin! You can't make Kara turn someone down! Ooh I'll go and have a think about this. I'll try and get a post up later tonight.
I was hoping you would see it like that. Do whatever you want with the situation, if Kara has her heart set on doing it with someone else that's perfectely fine (that would make for some nice dialog later on).
Old 09-02-2008, 01:53 PM   #800
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Groin, would you add Aethelstan and Osmund to wrestling, dueling, quarterstaff-fight and javelin throwing?

Anyone writing them in can check what they have been told of before from my posts #171 & #172 - I think they are the only explicit writings of their characters this far. Basically they are two about twenty-something young soldiers who wish to excell in fights and show their qualities. They were even wrestling together for fun when they had a pause together (the elder men were doing work farther away).

Then there would be Wilcred, this a bit older and quieter soldier. He would probably like to pass the games (he would probably be pretty good in duelling and that stuff but he wouldn't feel the need to make a showcase of it, I think). But he could be persuaded to take part in some of the "less serious" games I guess, at least if we need someone to even the numbers or so... like in dagger or stone throwing, three-legged race or anything like that. And if Eodwine insists he might take part in the fighting games as well. But that I think is up to you lmp - I mean how Eodwine acts when he sees his veteran soldier is not intending to participate.

All this counting on that what I wrote about him on those posts #171-2 is what we have of him. If someone has other ideas do come forwards.

Also we could put Wilcred in the riddle-game and I could write his parts when needed (as I think it will be at least partially a "scene-writing" thing) for Stigend surely is no riddle-master... (I was kind of hoping Lommy would put Modtryth into it...) I'm no riddle-master myself but that could fit well... you need one participant who's not that bright but still partakes.

Then Groin, how about these guys you had in the hunting party; Lithor (who seems to be a character already but I don't find him from the list of participants), Balvir, Matrim?