The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-13-2013, 09:45 PM   #1
Ulvenok
Banned

Ulvenok has just left Hobbiton.
The hobbit contradictions...

Was bored last night and sat in me bed watching some hobbit. Anyway it suddenly occured to me how unrealistic this movie is even for a fantasy movie. They are 13 dwarves and managed to escape goblin town while being surrounded and hunted by what seems at least to be one hundred goblins. Yet when they are earlier in the movie hunted by like 15 orcs on wargs they all run away. Also for this thread I looked up how many Uruk hai's Gimli, that is one dwarf, killed at helm's deep. It seems that he managed to kill 42 uruk hai, the uruks are far stronger than orcs.

Was gimli more battle hardened than Thorin and Co? Or did jackson force the dwarves to run all throughout the movie to make it more hobbitish? Personally I think that he ought to have either gone full out children tale or tried to make it 100% serious. With contradictions like this within the movie and with characters like the goblin king and Radagast I find the movie to lack in seriousness for me to take it seriously as a movie. But then again, I'm sure Jackson is going to transition into more "realism" in the later movies, or at least one hopes so. So what do you think, will the movies become more serious when characters like Beorn and Thranduil enter the movie and what about Gimli, greatest dwarf warrior ever?
Ulvenok is offline   Reply With Quote