The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-04-2003, 12:51 PM   #1
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen1858 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arwen1858
Silmaril RotK release date?!

Look at what TORn heard: <A HREF="http://www.theonering.net/index.shtml" TARGET=_blank>TORn</A><BR>They heard the RotK dvd is coming out in May!!! I wonder if it really is. Just thought I'd let y'all know!!<BR>Arwen
Old 11-04-2003, 01:12 PM   #2
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Perhaps PJ is expecting/hoping that they will score big at the Oscars and that memory would still be warm to fuel a May release....<P>Child
Old 11-04-2003, 07:50 PM   #3
Enorëiel
Wight

Enorëiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I hope so! That means less of a wait! Then again... it'll be the end of the journey (besides EE)... That's not an encouraging thought... is it? Gah! Yay-ness! And Sadness! Can't decide which!

Whoever said "Nothing is impossible" never tried to slam a revolving door.
Enorëiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 09:33 PM   #4
Lady Alasse
Wight

Lady Alasse has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

YESSSS PREECIOUS!!! It will be OURSSSS!!!<BR> <BR>Sorry couldn't help myself *does happy little jig in front of computer screen*<P>I am not allowed to go to theators so I have to wait till it comes out on DVD to see it! If it comes out in MAY!!!
He teacheth my hands to war; so that a bow of steel is broken by my arms.-II Samuel 22:35
Lady Alasse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 01:02 AM   #5
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Maybe after having produced a DVD for TTT and FOTR the last few years, they have practiced and become very quick at creating one. This is good though, I always thought that August was much too late of a month for the DVD to come out, but maybe they would just do that to extend the hype over a longer period of time.
Old 11-06-2003, 07:04 AM   #6
Kyle

Sting

Maybe it is coming out in May also for them to work longer on the EE and make it just perfect. They might put different stuff on the extended edition ROTK then the previous editions. Who knows. Maybe May would be better and there could be more hype between the regular and extended editions. There certainly is nothing confirmed yet. I wouldn't care about which one, because just getting it would be great. (That is if the movie is great, which I am sure it is)<p>[ November 06, 2003: Message edited by: Kyle ]
Old 11-06-2003, 02:31 PM   #7
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

May seems like a more standard time period between when a film is released in theaters and when it is available on DVD. I suspect the reason they waited until August in the past was simply to begin to build the hype for the next film. With no more films coming, that reason is gone.<P>I don't think it has much to do with the EE at all.<P>H.C.
Old 11-06-2003, 04:09 PM   #8
Elizabeth Elindel
Pile O'Bones

Elizabeth Elindel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Exactly my thoughts. May will be fun... hopeful you're right, Arwen! It seems that they want it to come out soon after the movie... you know, people will still be excited. I have no problem with THAT, personally.
Old 11-06-2003, 06:13 PM   #9
Olorin_TLA
Shade of Carn Dûm

Olorin_TLA has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> YESSSS PREECIOUS!!! It will be OURSSSS!!!<BR> <BR>Sorry couldn't help myself *does happy little jig in front of computer screen*<BR>I am not allowed to go to theators so I have to wait till it comes out on DVD to see it! If it comes out in MAY!!! <P>--------------------<P>He teacheth my hands to war; so that a bow of steel is broken by my arms.-II Samuel 22:35 <BR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>You're not ALLOWED to go to a THEATRE?!?!?!<P>Why not?! It's not fair to you!

ELENDIL! - Join "Forth Tolkiengas!"
Olorin_TLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 11:27 PM   #10
Arathiriel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arathiriel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arathiriel
Oh I would love to see a May release for the theater version of ROTK but I am not holding my breath we'll get that soon next year!<P>Still one can hope!
Old 11-07-2003, 11:47 AM   #11
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

And I thought I was sheltered!!!! Apparently I was in need of severe disillusionment!<P><BR>SQUEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ! The RotK DVD is going to be so beautiful!!!!!
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 02:48 PM   #12
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

I agree with HC, it'll be a lot better only having to wait until May to get it .<P>P.S. None of you guys have anything on my parents, believe me (although we should hardly be talking about this here I'd guess ).
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 11:11 AM   #13
ArathorofBarahir
Wight

ArathorofBarahir has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

For the msot part a dvd is always released 6 months after the movie has stopped playing in theatres. But hey if the ROTK DVD is supposed to come out in May, I'm not complaining!
Old 11-08-2003, 02:03 PM   #14
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen1858 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arwen1858
Silmaril

I think maybe they're starting to release movies on dvd a little earlier. Pirates of the Caribbean hit theatres in July, but is coming out on dvd Decemeber 2. So they're only waiting 5 months, which is how long it will be from December if RotK <I>does</I> come out in May. Just thought I'd mention that!<BR>Arwen
Old 11-08-2003, 02:56 PM   #15
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

*sniff sniff* I just realized that there won't be another movie after Return of the King. *wail*
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 06:18 PM   #16
Eowyn:Lady of Rohan
Pile O'Bones

Eowyn:Lady of Rohan has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

I hope it comes in May, or earlier. I am so excited to see it in theaters. I know my family's going to see it.