The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-26-2006, 06:06 PM   #1
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
How long?

Disclaimer: I'm not sure if this is allowed and will happily delete it if asked to!

Basically this is for my own personal interest. My mother asked me earlier just how long I spent on the Downs in a day. I had a think about it and came up with an average answer of at least 3-4 hours on a normal day, and much longer when playing werewolf, on weekends and days when I'm ill.

This got me to wondering whether this is more, less or about the same as all you other Downers. So I thought I would start this thread and ask you to put down how long you tend to be online for in a day.

I didn't make it a poll because that's a little impersonal. I like explanations and reasons. Also, I'd love to know where you spend most of your time when online.

If I get enough answers then I'm sure to find people who spend more time on a day than me, and the next time someone accuses me of obsession I can just open this thread and point out those more obsessed than me!
Old 04-26-2006, 06:18 PM   #2
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Hmmm....This is an interesting thought and question....I think, on school days, I'm on for at least (normally) three hours a day. On weekends and stuff, it's anything over seven hours. So, you can use me as an example if you want to!
Old 04-26-2006, 06:45 PM   #3
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
If I have work, about 7 or so hours. If I don't have work, things can get pretty scary....

I mainly haunt forums and email lists pertaining to my various interets.
Old 04-26-2006, 06:51 PM   #4
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

How long on average....

Probably 15-20 minutes on the Downs. If that.

Maybe...30-40 minutes total? If I'm not on the Downs I'm either (A) looking up sports stuff (or playing fantasy football, depending on the season ) (B) emailing (C) searching my friends xanga sites (since mine had to be shut down) edit: (D) oh yeah, and of course chatting on AIM, Yahoo, & MSN...

That's about it really.

Last edited by The Only Real Estel; 04-26-2006 at 08:54 PM.
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 07:16 PM   #5
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
Well...used to be about 6-7 hours, mostly spent lurking...but with these new rules at work...I'll be down to about 2-4 depending on the day. Spending time with hubby does come first. By a tad.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:34 PM   #6
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
It varies a lot. When I'm on the computer, I'm usually checking the forums often, but rarely staying for too long. I'm not a big fan of lurking I guess so I talk to people on MSN, check various hockey, football and other kinds of entretainment sites and then check the downs again. It's hard to put a number on it, but I'd say about 2-4 hours on average? Some days I'm only around for half an hour, other days I spend a whole afternoon in and out.... so yeah, I'd think it averages to somewhere around that.