Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2011, 04:01 PM   #761
xMellrynxMaidenx
Wight

xMellrynxMaidenx has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to xMellrynxMaidenx Send a message via MSN to xMellrynxMaidenx Send a message via Yahoo to xMellrynxMaidenx Send a message via Skype™ to xMellrynxMaidenx
The young ranger found her attention being pulled from one halfling to the other; though she never directly looked at the man who had entered. Shady character he was, but she recognized him to be of the Dunedain same as herself, for he wore the same star brooch that was clasped at her own neck. Though this did not cause her to let her guard down, her senses heightened to become more alert than she had been before the Dunadan's entrance.

"A few pieces of buttered toast with perhaps a few slices of bacon, if it's not too much trouble, friend."

Aeron gave the female hobbit a smile, folding her hands in front of her on the countertop. "But I dont believe its good to do anything on an empty stomach. The young woman chuckled to herself, resisting the urge to shake her head at the hobbit. It was one of the things she found amusing about the halflings; their love for food. Bottomless pits, she called them, though only in jest.

Last edited by xMellrynxMaidenx; 01-08-2011 at 09:53 PM.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:13 PM   #762
Flame of Udn
Animated Skeleton

Flame of Udn has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Flame of Udn
He watched as the barman walked up to the bar he considered once again the female Ranger only a very small number of women who became rangers and he had never met one of them he was very curious about her.

'Thank you I am most grateful I've not eaten for days not properly at least my name is Arandon though many of the Rangers have decided to call me Faerandir the Ghostly Wanderer though it is a name I prefer not to use.' In a manner he hoped sounded offhand he added ' tell me what do you know of the female ranger at the bar' he hoped to conceal his curiosity at what even to his eyes (which had seen much) rather piqued his interest.

Last edited by piosenniel; 01-10-2011 at 09:41 PM.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:43 PM   #763
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Seredic Boffin

"I don't know a thing about her, actually," Dick said. He turned to look towards Aeron, following the ranger's hooded gaze. "She just came in a few minutes before you. Never seen her before, and I didn't get around to asking her her name. I thought you might know her, as I thought you were one of them rangers, too, but maybe not. I've been wrong before." And he turned an even more suspicious look on the dark figure, if that were possible. If he wasn't a ranger, what was he? Why was he here? Was he dangerous?

"Why do they call you the Ghostly Wanderer? You're not a ghost, are you? You're as firm as the rest of us, surely."

--

Primrose

"A few pieces of buttered toast with perhaps a few slices of bacon, if it's not too much trouble, friend."

"Tis no trouble at all, I assure you," Primrose replied. "It's my job," she added, half under her breath as she pattered away to the kitchen. She deftly speared two pieces of bread and put them over the fire to toast. Before coming out to the common room she had finished frying up a frying pan full of bacon, and of this generous stock she drew out four thick and crispy slices and laid them on a plate. She reached across to the toasting fork, plopped the toast onto the plate and buttered the pieces generously.

"Here you are! Hope it is to your liking." She leaned her elbows against the counter while Aeron took the plate and began to eat. For a few seconds, Primose watched her without saying anything. "Mr. Boffin seems to be getting along capitally with yonder fellow. I saw you looking at him a few moments ago. Do you know him?"
Old 01-08-2011, 11:03 PM   #764
xMellrynxMaidenx
Wight

xMellrynxMaidenx has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to xMellrynxMaidenx Send a message via MSN to xMellrynxMaidenx Send a message via Yahoo to xMellrynxMaidenx Send a message via Skype™ to xMellrynxMaidenx
After swallowing a mouthful of the deliciously buttered toast, the young female glanced out of the corner of her eye to the dark corner in which the strange man sat, studying him for a few moments once more. She slowly turned her head back to the food before her, taking a small sip of her beer. Eyebrows furrowing, more so with curiosity than frustration at not knowing the man's identity, Aeron looked at Primrose, shaking her head.

"Nay, I do not, which makes him that much more peculiar."

She spoke more quietly now, still trying to focus in on the stranger's conversation with Mr. Boffin. It was not as odd as it seemed though, the young ranger thought quietly to herself, because even she had not met all of the remaining Dunedain, save for the couple she had crossed paths with in the wilderness or grew up around in the Angle. This did not lessen her wariness of the man, however, it made her even more aware and alert; if that were possible.

Last edited by xMellrynxMaidenx; 01-08-2011 at 11:10 PM.
Old 01-09-2011, 01:06 PM   #765
Flame of Udn
Animated Skeleton

Flame of Udn has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Flame of Udn
As the Hobbit spoke he noticed the gaze of the young ranger pass over him and could tell she was wary 'It is always the same whenever anyone meets me' he mused, his ways of acting always put people on their guard but that was how he prefered it he never had any wish for friendship and always found himself happier when alone.

He chuckled at the Hobbits question 'No i can assure you I am no ghost the name comes from a number of things but i suppose my love of solitude is highest amongst them along with my ability to hide myself from all but the keenest eyes when I have need.'

Last edited by Flame of Udn; 01-09-2011 at 03:48 PM.
Old 01-10-2011, 02:46 PM   #766
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
"Indeed," Dick said, with a something like a sniff. "We hobbits aren't bad at disappearing when we need to, either. Usually you great big folk are so loud in coming that we can make off in a twinkling.