The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2012, 06:47 PM   #241
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Seriously? Now that I look, I can't find the number specified anywhere - but mentioned by evil Wilwa on day one.

Man, we've all been complete idiots if this is true.

I didn't have a good feeling about Steve. He can, however, still be either hunter-killed or lynched.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:10 PM   #242
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
If there are two wolves left, then I know the other one is Eonwe. Unfortunately, I'm not proven innocent.

Breakdown of our situation:

5 villagers now, we will lynch Shasta, so tonight we're 4.

One kill, makes 3 in the morning, so one more day. (Unless they kill Lottie and she makes the wrong choice between me and Eonwe. Maybe we shouldn't have a hunter pick this night, so we don't risk anything?)

Rikae will dream of either me or Eonwe, so that will get sorted out as long as Rikae survives. Since I haven't protected anyone twice yet, she will survive.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:20 PM   #243
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I don't doubt you're the ranger, Mac, and I don't see why Lottie should either.

Steve came out and said he was the last innocent early yesterHour, emphasizing the point made by Wilwawolf (and by Nogwolf in his private message to me) that there were only three. He went so far as to explain why the ranger should reveal, nor did he have any problem with both Mac and Shasta revealing. How can he reveal as a ranger now?
Old 04-19-2012, 07:22 PM   #244
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Yeah, the evidence is not with him.

Just didn't want to word it too confidently, since you don't have proof of my innocence yet.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:15 PM   #245
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I feel like I should post. However, I don't have anything to say. So here's a puppy.

Just kidding. You guys have thrown a revealed seer at me three games in a row. You don't get a puppy.

I don't want to play werewolf anymore. Bye.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:28 AM   #246
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sorry, I was unable to get here earlier, so I'll just make my vote.

++Shasta

And unless there's something I've not been told, I am an innocent.
Old 04-20-2012, 02:14 PM   #247
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I'm not convinced that there's actually four wolves - it seems like the sort of thing Sally-cake would try to hint at to make her villagers run about in circles for her own amusement - but I'll hunt Steve toNight if the game doesn't end with Shasta's death.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:09 PM   #248
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Ganged up on by everyone else, Shasta gets frustrated and walks out of the Cobbler. As soon as his phone has signal, he sends the following message.

Good luck dealing with them. Hope you have a not entirely awful time.

In the Cobbler:
Lottie
Steve
Mac
Rikae

Checked out:
Boro (guest, went to take care of his puppy)
Wilwa (committee member, realized she left the oven on)
McCaber (guest, hated on for hogging all the peanuts)
Nog (committee member, rescheduled his flight)
Agan (guest, found the night's entertainment to be pretenders)
Greenie (guest, realized Nog was -literally- her ticket home)
Dun (guest, walked off to talk to himself)
Shasta (committee member, stormed out despite the storms)

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 04-20-2012 at 04:17 PM.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:48 PM   #249
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Wait, so it's not actually finished? What?

The only possibility that I can imagine is that it means that there's a cursed that got converted last Night.
Old 04-20-2012, 05:28 PM   #250
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
Wait, so it's not actually finished? What?

The only possibility that I can imagine is that it means that there's a cursed that got converted last Night.
But...you're the only person who doesn't already have a Gifted role. You'd be the only person who could've been Cursed. Either way, we should still kill you.
Old 04-20-2012, 05:42 PM   #251
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
But...you're the only person who doesn't already have a Gifted role. You'd be the only person who could've been Cursed.
You sound quite certain of that... why? It's a Sally-game - There could be all sorts of weird twists.

It does seem that that may be the case, but as far as I'm aware, I'm innocent, so I'd like to survive as long as possible- if there is another wolf, then if we kill an innocent, we've lost the game. However, I'm starting to have a sneaky suspicion that this is going to be a last-man-standing game, where Sally will force us to continue killing off each other for her amusement.

One other issue that hasn't been addressed is why Mac didn't reveal who he protected the Night of no kills. I mean, it might give us a clue as to what happened then. Who was it?
Old 04-21-2012, 05:30 PM   #252
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

No dream again.

I have a feeling the Tolkien expert that brought us here has lost interest.

++Rikae

I'm going home.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:10 PM   #253
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
This game has been lousy with non-participation. Gah. I'm just going to quick and dirty this for now so I can go back to sleep. I'm sorry I crashed out through deadline though, seriously.

After Shasta wigs out and stomps off, the remaining four guests are led upstairs and seated around a table in a small, rather unassuming room.

"Well," Rikae says after an uncomfortable silence, "is this SS person ever showing up?"

"In about five minutes, actually."

The guests jump at a voice from behind them, and Steve turns to see a young blonde woman tugging on her pink top.

"She got stuck in traffic," the woman offers with a shrug of her bony shoulders. "Sorry."

"Um....it's okay?" Lottie replies. "Can we at least know who she is?"

"Sooner rather than later," Rikae adds.

"Hey, wait a minute." Steve stands up and tries to see around the young woman. "I heard someone talking up here earlier. Who else is here?"

"Just me."

Everyone stares at the young man for a few moments, then, in unison, sighs, "I can't believe this."

The front door slams and there is a little shriek of surprise from downstairs. "I'm okay!" a voice assures whatever happens to be listening. "I'm good. I'm not dead."

"That's unfortunate." The young woman clears her throat. "Just a minute."

She rushes out the door and a few moments later she reappears in the doorway, carrying a large, purple box, which she hands to Phantom. Everyone can now see another girl standing behind her, this one with dark hair.

"Um, hi, guys," Sally says, offering everyone a little wave. "Sorry I'm late."

Mac just gawks. "You're the Tolkien expert?"

"Hardly," Phantom chuckles. "She doesn't even know where the Ent wives are."

"I read the thread about it. And what? I never said I was a Tolkien expert."

"'You've been chosen to meet an expert in the field.'"

"Yeah, and? It was a pun. I'm from Nebraska, remember?"

"But what about the breakfast seminar?"

"I brought cupcakes. And muffins, actually," Sally adds with a frown. "Where's Wilwa?"

"She left." Mac pulls out his phone and holds it out to her. "You told us we couldn't all stay."

"Sorry?"

"You said we were supposed to have a breakfast conference."

Sally just facepalms. "It's so hard to get good help these days."

"So....are you or are you not the expert we were supposed to meet?"

"Well, Steve, that's a funny story...."

"No," Rikae snaps, "it's really not. I want to go home."

"As do I."

"Thank you, Mac."

Sally looks around at the four people, then to the box in Phantom's arms, which contains enough baked goods for over a dozen Downers.

"So," she says, edging toward the door, "cupcakes?"

THE END, THANK GOD

I'm going back to sleep. Feel free to actually talk for a change.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:38 PM   #254
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Well, that was...interesting. I don't think I've before seen a game so bedeviled by RL.
Seriously, you know something odd's occurring when I can lay a claim to being the most talkative one.

Shame, really. I liked the premise and I think that under other circumstances it could have been quite different and intriguing.

Anyway, the committee members had the potential to be a fearsome combination, with a good mix of personalities. Bad luck and low participation certainly didn't help you.

Good work by the Gifteds, as well.

Thanks for modding, Sally. Sorry it had to work out this way. There's always another game round the corner, though.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:50 PM   #255
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Aw, so Steve wasn't a baddie? It would have been such a brilliant move by the committee!

It's a shame we never really explored all the delicious potential of this setup, I'd love to play another game with the private messages (btw, who sent what to whom?) and twitter-hints sometime! Maybe this group was just too small: conversation creates more conversation, but with so few people it couldn't quite gain momentum (before I spoiled everything for the committee by having just one known innocent - that wouldn't happen in a large group!)

I'm sorry if I sounded harsh in my last post - it's really no big deal.
Old 04-21-2012, 08:43 PM   #256
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Applause, applause! Great game to watch! I wish I could participate. You know that the post count would never have been this low if you let me anywhere near...

The setup was indeed very interesting and complex, but it required all players (and modess) to be on top of things and some (as has been said) momentum. I don't know whether this game was the most RL-affected, or Foley's postponed Valley Forge.

I was wondering throughout the game if SS stood for Sweetest Spoiler. Does it? Or does it stand for Super Sally?

Shasta, I wish you one of the following to happen next game: either to be the gifted who totally pwns the wolf pack, or to be the big bad wolf who pwns all the ordos and gifteds put together!

And Mac, you still haven't said who you've protected the Night of no kills.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:05 PM   #257
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
And Mac, you still haven't said who you've protected the Night of no kills.
He protected his lovely wife, of course.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:44 PM   #258
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
I've gotta say, even with two innocents dropping out, the village handled this game remarkably well. Inzil and I boldly sacrificed ourselves so the gifted could have longer to work, our ranger and seer came through in the clutch, and we had pretty much perfect lynches.

Committee, it's tough to come back from such an early deficit, but good on you for trying.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote