The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-30-2003, 03:46 PM   #81
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

Even though it was a really touching moment, I couldn't help cracking up when Elrond started sniffling. Hugo Weaving looked like he was about to start laughing hysterically, not crying at his daughter's wedding!
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 12:06 AM   #82
TolkienGurl
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

TolkienGurl has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to TolkienGurl Send a message via AIM to TolkienGurl
Sting

Merry: "My lords! Welcome," *sways drunkenly* "to Isengard!"<P>Gimli: "Certain death, small chance of success -- what are we waiting for?"<P>Denethor: *jumps off cliff*<P>Gollum and Sam's "sneaking" bit.<P>Gnomeish-Bilbo was equally adorable and frightening. I especially liked his and Frodo's exchange in the cart on the way to the Havens.<P>I agree with all of <B>Tintalle</B>'s choices, especially Gollum's argument with himself ("And they's don't taste very nice, does they, precious?") and the grumpy old hobbit back in the Shire. I also thought it was <I>adorable</I> when the four hobbits were laughing at Sam when he went to propose to Rosie. <P>~Sam
TolkienGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 10:02 PM   #83
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Samwise has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Samwise
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>For some reason everyone in my theater thought that it was funny when Sam is growling at those orcs and then they relize that he's only a hobbit. I don't know why they did. I thought he was pritty heroic in that scene. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Absolutely, Miss Rose. I did find myself chuckling, though, when Sam is running up the stairs whacking orcs left and right (does Sauron hire wimps or what?) while yelling,<P>"One for Mr. Frodo--"<BR>"One for the Shire--"<BR><B>SMACK!</B><BR>"--and one for me old Gaffer!!!"
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Samwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 10:39 PM   #84
Everlen
Pile O'Bones

Everlen has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

I didn't read this whole thing, just the most recent page, so if this has already been said then I am sorry. What is hilarious to me is the line which is delivered by our stater-of-the-obvious, Legolas, when he says, "A diversion." Nah, really?
Everlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 12:32 AM   #85
The Great Shadowfax
Pile O'Bones

The Great Shadowfax has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to The Great Shadowfax
Shield

OMG! Too true about how all of Legolas' lines are WAY obvious. I also liked how the army of the dead was swarming over an oliphant in the background like green mold! Then when Frodo wakes up and everyone rushes in and then Frodo sees Sam and gives him this look like, "I LOVE YOU SAM!" and i dont know but i thought that was funny. amazing how Denethor's guards dont even notice that beating of their stuard...but my all time favorite funniest moment:<BR>Merry's rediculous grin with the helmet on and Eomer's crack about the reach of his arm!
The Great Shadowfax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 02:25 AM   #86
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>"--and one for my old Gaffer!!!"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I thought that this line was brilliant, but I don't think that any of the non-book people got it. Because I don't recall anyone in the theatrical editions talking about the Gaffer (he was in the extended though, if I recall correctly).<P>But it is hilarious for the book people none the less (but it is kind of weird when I am laughing at this line, and there is no one else around me who is because they are not getting it)
Old 01-03-2004, 02:09 PM   #87
Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Oh, is <I>that</I> what he said? I couldn't catch it, and I've seen it twice now...(both before Christmas lol...)<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Elijah Wood, starring in The Mummy! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Yes!!!! That's what I thought!!!!<P>Ahh, those Foxtrot comics are just priceless...talking of priceless...Tar-Alcarin, you need to add a bit more to your siggy- 'There are some things mithril can't buy. For everything else, there's Masssster Card'...seen that picture? Hilarious...<P>Ja man, all those Oliphaunts had me cracking up- except in the bits where Éowyn and co were trying to escape... <P>And Frodo and Sam as orcs...well, they just LOOKED funny...and Frodo's nose guard (even though it WAS like that in the book) was just the cream of the joke, so to speak...(or icing on the cake, etc).
Old 01-03-2004, 02:17 PM   #88
GaRy the WHiTe

Pipe

Ya i laughd quite a bit when legolas took down the elephant single handed and gimlii said grph that still only counts as one i busted out laughing and i kinda pittyd legolas when he said "a diversion" cuz he looked so stupid
Old 01-03-2004, 04:45 PM   #89
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>But it is hilarious for the book people none the less (but it is kind of weird when I am laughing at this line, and there is no one else around me who is because they are not getting it)<BR><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Too bad you weren't in the theatre with me, Gorwingel...instead of feeling funny, though, I think of it more as an insiders' joke...
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Old 01-03-2004, 06:42 PM   #90
Enorëiel
Wight

Enorëiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Elijah Wood, starring in The Mummy! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>lol! I was thinking the same thing!<P>Loved the Denethor beating (sorry Denny fans!)and the "Great chance of failure and small possibility of survival... What are we waiting for?" from Gimli! Lol, that was great. And how can I forget Captain Obvious? A bit slow aren't we? The Spotlight eye was completely hilarious to me (though no one else seemed to think so). Sam and Frodo in the orc getups were really funny but I couldn't help but think how cute it was at the same time (dodges glaring looks). Also when Merry gives Pippin the last of the Longbottom Leaf and tells him he smokes to much - the people in the theater all started to laugh. <BR>Those were some of the main highlights, there's tons more but I hate to keep repeating what others have said.

Whoever said "Nothing is impossible" never tried to slam a revolving door.
Enorëiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 06:48 PM   #91
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>"Great chance of failure and small possibility of survival... What are we waiting for?" from Gimli! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Absolutely! Gotta love that dwarf!
Old 01-03-2004, 09:15 PM   #92
The Great Shadowfax
Pile O'Bones

Shield

i just remembered a funny part that i dont think anyone noticed-<BR>when elrond was presenting the sword to aragorn and he was talking all excited his nostrils kept flaring crazily! he looked like he was going mad and he was about to attack the next person he saw!<BR>--watch out! rabid Elrond on the lose! --
Old 01-03-2004, 11:56 PM   #93
Teleri
Animated Skeleton

Teleri has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I think of it more as an insiders' joke... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Goodie, we're all insiders now!<P>I liked that line too, but I must have been the only person in the audience who got it, because my friend and I were the only ones laughing, and I found out later that she thought Sam said "And this is for my own comfort." <BR>Geeze I must have looked wierd to fellow movie viewers though, because all through the fall of the eye of Souron I was grinning like a maniac, and giggling uncontrollably. Actually, I think the only part of the movie where I wasn't smiling was the Grey Havens, but then I heard Frodo's voice over "you cannot always be torn in two" and started smiling again (It's such a good line, and it's right out of the book).
Old 01-04-2004, 12:19 AM   #94
trippo the hippo

1420!

Ok well my audience we very annoying. Basically everytime Smeagol/Gollum appeared the cracked up laughing. Even when Smeagol is chocking Deagol to death they were laughing their heads off. This really bugged me cause I thought Gollum was really amazing in the movies.
Old 01-04-2004, 12:42 AM   #95
Maeglanthirion
Animated Skeleton

Maeglanthirion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Maeglanthirion
Tolkien

I loved it at the battle before the black gate, Aragorn charged, then Merry and Pipping and there was this brief shot of Merry and Pippin charging and the rest were just standing there. I laughed. Then everyone started and the hobbits were overtaken . Gimli cracks me up. "Small chance of victory, almost certain death... what are we waiting for?" or something like that. And of course, Legolas slides all smooth off the mumakil thing and "That only counts as one!" <BR> I thought it was funny when Frodo wakes up at the end in bed, he says Gandalf in a strange way and his mouth doesn't quite move with the words. <BR> Oh yeah, a Gimli before the Paths of the Dead. "An elf will go where a dwarf will not? Oh I will never hear the end of it." <BR> And Pippin and Merry, two great characters. At Isengard, "We are sitting on the field of victory enjoying some well earned spoils" or something close to that. And then mentioning salted pork and suddenly Gimli is very intersted. Oh and when Pippin gets on Shadowfax with Gandalf and Merry gives him pipeweed and Merry looks at him a goes "You smoke to much Pippin."<BR> And yeah, Gollum floating in midair attacking no one was funny.
"I see in your eyes, the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come, when the courage of men fails, and we break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. This day, we fight!..."
Maeglanthirion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 06:01 AM   #96
Quirkette
Haunting Spirit

Quirkette has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Saw it again, and there was a lot of smart arse laughing from some middle aged guys. They thought the troll with the drum was funny, and they howled at Aragorn holding aloft the sword. I thought it a great big phallic symbol thing, myself. "Look, Elrond, this sword is soooo big!" <P>What really irritated me was Sam saying "share the load" in the most condescending way imaginable! The echo of the phrase again and again, and the close-up of his mouth saying it, that was so annoying.
Old 01-04-2004, 03:32 PM   #97
Tinker
Pile O'Bones

Tinker has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>and they howled at Aragorn holding aloft the sword. I thought it a great big phallic symbol thing, myself. "Look, Elrond, this sword is soooo big!" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Oh thank you, thank you, thank you. So it <I>wasn't</I>just me who saw that sword and went: "Oooookay..sword like that... Compensation? ::: watches camera panning up to show sword length::: "Oh yeah, defenitly, compensating."<P>One thing that I thought was funny, even if it bugged me a bit later on (thanks to all those post's on Pipin's personal growth in the movie). Pippin's responses when Merry's yelling at him after the Palantir incident.<P>M: Why did you look? Why do you always have to look?<P>P: I dunno. I can't help it.<P>Are we talking about looking into a Tool of Great EVIIIIIIIILLLLL, or breaking Grandpa's favorite trophey?<P>I held off on laughing until a few seconds later:<P>P: (in really serious tone's, with that look that reminds of a scolded puppy)I'm sorry okay.::: pause:: I won't do it again.<P>I laughed. That last sentence sounded like it was too short. The Full Lines would have been: "I won't do it again, now say 'I forgive you Pip,' so we can go have second breakfast before it's lunch time." <P>Hmmm..look's like a long list of funny things already...guess that leaves only one option...to go out and see the whole thing again
Tolkienitis, GS Symptom #6: A suddenly developed obsession/aversion with jewlery, esp. rings of gold.
Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 06:11 PM   #98
pukel-person

Sting

well, i was extremely hyper the last time i went to see the movie (my third time) and found many things extremely funny. for example: when frodo, sam, and gollum are at minas morgul, they really should have done a ring-n-run (also sometimes known as ding dong ditch), and aragorn and co. could have done the same thing at the black gates, it would have made for less violence and just insane laughter from me (i was imagining it and cracking up) other funny things, i essentially came up w/a new soundtrack, including 'it's raining men' (for when they're catapaulting the guys heads) itsy-bitsy spider (shelob's lair) burn baby burn-disco inferno (denethor) <BR>also i found many movie connections-the orcs slowly coming up when faramir and co. were coming back to osgiliath reminded me of wizard of oz(munchkin city), as did minas morgul (emerald city) and the houses of healing scene w/frodo and co. when sam was trying to save frodo in the cracks of doom, that reminded me of lion king, and when sam and frodo were trying to leave the cracks of doom, that reminded me of aladdin. i found denethor jumping off the clif to be funny, but i have a strange sense of humor like that, and i clapped when it happened and i got elbowed by my friend...i thought the guys who were driving the oliphaunts were funny/cool...i found gollum's dance when he got the ring funny...i found galadriel's smile hilarious because it is almost the same smile that gollum/smeagol uses, and i was just waiting for her to say "my preciousssss"....i found grond to be funny....i don't remember why....i just remember laughing at it....and the coronation of aragorn i found funny because i could just picture him going to the very end of the clif thing there and yelling "i'm king of the world"...there were a bunch of other things i found amusing, but i've forgotten most of them haha so that's all for now
Old 01-04-2004, 09:18 PM   #99
Berny

Sting

I laughed when the Mt. Doom exploded and smote them Nazgul.
Old 01-04-2004, 09:22 PM   #100
pukel-person

Sting

smote....what a great word berny....i also laughed at merry's smile when he was riding w/eowyn...and i laughed because i was chanting grond along w/the orcses...cheering for the wrong team, maybe, but still fun haha
Old 01-04-2004, 09:27 PM   #101
Berny

Sting

I'm sure the people next to you were very irritated with you. I would have get you drunk on Green Dragon ale, kill you with a blunt object, and dump your body in the Entwash. But that's just me. I thought the part where the undead army took down an oliphant was pretty good too. Was that mentioned yet? I dunno. Oh and Bilbo looked like midget Colonel Sanders when he walked by Elrond. <p>[ 10:33 PM January 04, 2004: Message edited by: Berny ]
Old 01-04-2004, 09:39 PM   #102
pukel-person

berny, i don't appreciate the violence. all we are saying is give peace a chance. make love not war. anyway, some people find my commentary amusing during the movie. namely myself. haha. i have been told that sometimes i must forget that i'm at a movie. especially during the theme song of the theater, which is very fun to sing along to. <P>w/the Colonel Sanders thing, i agree and find that funny, i would have never made that connection. haha <P>peace!
Old 01-04-2004, 09:43 PM   #103
Berny

Sting

I realize you made your comment in jest, but if you really were against war, then WHY would you see and Lord of the Rings movie? I mean, the orcses threw human heads over the walls of Minas Tirith. Of course you probably laughed at that too.
Old 01-04-2004, 09:45 PM   #104
pukel-person

actually berny, i didn't laugh at that because i was singing it's raining men
Old 01-07-2004, 02:59 PM   #105
NoCoolTolkienName

Sting

Nobody's mentioned the part where the Gollum/Smeagol border begins to crack at the entrance to Shelob's lair? The part where Frodo has some initial second thoughts about entering, which puts Gollum out of sorts momentarily. Come on! That's one of the funniest, subtle scenes in the movie! Ahhh well...to each their own.
Old 01-08-2004, 03:15 PM   #106
Linaeve
Animated Skeleton

Linaeve has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Linaeve
Sting

I'm sorry if this has been mentioned before, but I thought it was hilarious when Gimli says, "Certainty of death, small chance of success, what are we waiting for?" it seems to sum up the Fellowship's attitude about adventure in a tounge-in-cheek sort of way. I think I just have a weird sense of humor . . .<P><B>Off topic:</B><BR>pukel-person: <I>It's Raining Men</I> is an awesome song!! My a cappella group sang it for Valentine's Day serenades last year . . . so much fun!<p>[ 4:16 PM January 08, 2004: Message edited by: Linaeve ]
Old 01-08-2004, 05:57 PM   #107
Lindir
Haunting Spirit

Lindir has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Yah. that was funnny. AND he's sitting on the throne thing. But the whole audience laughed when Gandalf totally K.O.'d Denethor...and when Sam and Frodo were in orc armour.Frodo looked like a bird.
Come not between the Nazgul and his prey!Or he will not slay thee in thy turn.He will bear thee away to the houses of lamentation, beyond all darkness, where thy flesh shall be devoured, and thy shrivelled mind be left naked to the Lidless Eye.
Lindir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 07:04 PM   #108
Shy Hobbit
Wight

Shy Hobbit has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Forgive me if this offends anyone, but did anyone else laugh during the Isengard scene? It sounds like Pippin says "Merry and I are sh***ing on the field of victory..."<P>Saw it for the second time yesterday and had a hard time controlling myself there <P>Merry. I love Merry. But somehow he was just WRONG in this movie. (Don't get me wrong, he's wrong in a good way, hehe) In so many ways. He looks so perverted half the time "My lady!" Me and my group laugh at that one. And for some reason I kept wanting to laugh at Shelob when she was fighting with Sam. She's just so unthreatening and.. fuzzy

~The Fellowship of the King~
Shy Hobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 08:03 PM   #109
The Great Shadowfax
Pile O'Bones

Sting

hahaha, "sh***ing on the field of victory", you know now that i think of that it really sounds like he says that!!!<BR>this might sound a little wierd to some people but when it showed elrond riding up the steep, twisting road to the rohan camp i couldn't help but picturing his horse slipping and them both tumbling the whole way down- back...and forth...and back...and forth all the while hearing "ooh...eeh..ahh...ugh...ooh...eeh...ahh...ugh. .." just like one of those cartoons...<BR>well, theres an example of my wierd and twisted mind for ya...
Old 01-09-2004, 08:56 PM   #110
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> It sounds like Pippin says "Merry and I are sh***ing on the field of victory..." <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I did wonder whether that was intentional on Billy Boyd's part.
Old 01-09-2004, 08:58 PM   #111
Jjudvven
Wight

Jjudvven has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Jjudvven
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>It sounds like Pippin says "Merry and I are sh***ing on the field of victory..."<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>That's exactly what I thought when I saw it, the first and second times. I leaned over to my friends and said, "Did that sound kinda bad to you also?"<P>I thought that was great, although I don't think it was intended to be that way.
Old 01-09-2004, 09:16 PM   #112
Lyta_Underhill
Haunted Halfling

Location: an uncounted length of steps--floating between air molecules
Lyta_Underhill has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I did wonder whether that was intentional on Billy Boyd's part. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I think I come down on the intentional side of the argument! I can see Billy having a bit of fun, especially at such a lighthearted moment in the proceedings. (I believe I noted that line among favorite Pippin lines on another thread too...)<P>Cheers!<BR>Lyta
“…she laid herself to rest upon Cerin Amroth; and there is her green grave, until the world is changed, and all the days of her life are utterly forgotten by men that come after, and elanor and niphredil bloom no more east of the Sea.”
Lyta_Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 09:33 PM   #113
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Sting

<B>Shy Hobbit</B>, unthreatening and fuzzy?????? I was practically quaking underneath my seat! And I'm not even an arachnophobe! (I've killed a tarantula the size of my hand by swinging my sword at it. Let's just say, it worked. )<p>[ 2:15 PM January 10, 2004: Message edited by: Finwe ]
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Old 01-09-2004, 10:07 PM   #114
Shy Hobbit
Wight

Shy Hobbit has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

We all have different senses of humor I just wasn't intimadated by her, the webs bothered me more. I've walked into my share of spiderwebs, sometimes with an open mouth, YUCK! Believe me, it's not fun <P> The thought also occured to me that Billy was having a bit too much fun there One review site even says that there is one use of profanity in the film Come on, he had his mouth full

~The Fellowship of the King~
Shy Hobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 04:23 PM   #115
The Great Shadowfax
Pile O'Bones

Shield

i agree with you, Shy Hobbit, she didnt seem scary at all...i'm actually quite scared of small spiders but big ones dont scare me. maybe its the thought of not knowing where the little ones are because they're so small... <BR>~Luindringiel
Old 01-10-2004, 05:27 PM   #116
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Shield

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Shy Hobbit, unthreatening and fuzzy?????? I was practically quaking underneath my seat! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>I'm with you, Finwe!!! I am a bit of an arachnophobe, though when I have a shoe on and I can reach them I squash the horrid things (yes, yelling, "Die, spawn of Ungoliant!" )<BR>I think what freaked me out a little more than just the huge arachoid mutant was that my Sam was fighting with her! Yeah, I knew how it was going to turn out, but...{{{{ }}}}. <BR>The scene with Shelob, funny? Absolutely not.<BR> <P>[ 6:30 PM January 10, 2004: Message edited by: Samwise ]<p>[ 6:31 PM January 10, 2004: Message edited by: Samwise ]
Old 01-10-2004, 06:50 PM   #117
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Sting

As long as I have my sword in my hand, I'm not an arachnophobe, but I figured that the theater people wouldn't really have liked me bringing in a long pointy metal object that can hurt people, especially since I can get rather overexcited during the battle scenes.
Old 01-14-2004, 06:27 AM   #118
Rindoien, elf of Lothlorien
Haunting Spirit

Rindoien, elf of Lothlorien has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Rindoien, elf of Lothlorien
Sting

Did anyone else find the bit where Frodo is in the web and Shelob is behind him, and Gollum comes up and says something like<P>"Hobbit trapped in a web etc. etc."<P>Then Frodo starts slashing at it and Gollum's like<P>"Ack!" and runs away.
"And he sang to them, now in the Elven tongue, now in the speech of the West, until their hearts, wounded with sweet words, overflowed, and their joy was like swords, and they passed in thought out to regions where pain and delight flow together and tears are the very wine of blessedness."
Rindoien, elf of Lothlorien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 01:19 PM   #119
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

There's a spot where Frodo looks at Sam with narrowed eyes, and lor' bless me sir if it doesn't remind me of a line in one of my stories where "Frodo narrows his eyes to where they are the size of normal eyes."<BR>Very creepy, if you ask me.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 05:28 PM   #120
Quirkette
Haunting Spirit

Quirkette has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

That was nuts, nuts, nuts, when the stand-in for Bilbo gets on the ship. I mean, he didn't look like Ian Holm, he looked like a really small and slender person. I was thinking, "Hey, this is supposed to be moving and sweet, but now I'm totally distracted--thanks a lot, movie!"<P>When Gollum says he wouldn't hurt a fly, and then touches his head and sees blood on his hand, he shrieks. I thought it was because he had discovered a dead fly in his hand and was upset about that! But no, it's because he's shocked Sam has drawn blood. Poor Gollum...