The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-26-2003, 04:20 PM   #41
Luinalatawen
Wight

Luinalatawen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Luinalatawen
Eye

My dad hasn't seen TTT yet, but my mom has. She hasn't read the book, and asks questions about what things are in the movie, like the wargs, for example. She also really wants to know what happens at the end. It's kind of funny because we all know what happens, it's second nature to us. So its weird that she doesn't know. But I won't tell her. She asked if I could at least say if it ends happily, but I said I wouldn't tell her that even. There are so many sad things that happen, but of course, it ends on an overall happy note that Sauron was defeated.
Old 04-27-2003, 11:23 AM   #42
Catherine
Shade of Carn Dûm

Catherine has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

My mom couldn't sit through the movie, she kept getting up and doing things and didnt know what the hell was going on. My Dad He likes them, but the book is too long for him to read. They just dont understand why i like it sooo much!
I don't think I should have had the heart to leave it."
~Merry to Haldir in Lothlórien~
Catherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 08:43 AM   #43
Shy Hobbit
Wight

Shy Hobbit has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

My Mom took me and my nephew to see The Two Towers yesterday (for the first time, I actually saw it, can you believe it?! ) We were the only ones there, it was nice. I could have done without my fellowship of two asking questions all the time, but they can make some pretty funny comments. When the Uruk are marching to Helm's Deep and they have the sheilds over them, Mom turns to me and says "They look like roaches!" Too funny. She'd barely gotten the characters of the first film established, so it was most confusing for her. She said it was an ok movie, like the first one, the only thing she really didn't like were the slightly disgusting parts, ie, Gollum with his rabbits and fish.<p>[ April 29, 2003: Message edited by: Shy Hobbit ]

~The Fellowship of the King~
Shy Hobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 12:39 PM   #44
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Yeah, Cathrine, if anyone leaves and comes back they'll be like, "What the...?" My Mom said she'd just sit down for a minute, but she thought it was so dramatic (and she liked the story line so much) that she stayed for it all (she didn't see the first ten minutes though...)!
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2003, 04:10 AM   #45
Rindoien, elf of Lothlorien
Haunting Spirit

Rindoien, elf of Lothlorien has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Rindoien, elf of Lothlorien
Sting

My dad has seen FotR and loved it, but has yet to see TTT.
"And he sang to them, now in the Elven tongue, now in the speech of the West, until their hearts, wounded with sweet words, overflowed, and their joy was like swords, and they passed in thought out to regions where pain and delight flow together and tears are the very wine of blessedness."
Rindoien, elf of Lothlorien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2003, 05:14 AM   #46
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Nerindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Sting

Well I'm a daughter and a mother, it was infact my mother that introduced me to the wonderful world of tolkien, her being a member of the tolkien society when I was growing up. <P>She has seen both films at least half a dozen times and like me she loved them. Off course her being slightly more of a tolkien fan than me it leads to great debates, especially when my younger brother (who thinks he knows it all) joins in.<P>Both my children are a bit young(2 and 5)to appreciate the books, but my 5yr old son has watched both films and loves then especially the fight scenes and currently runs about the house pretending to be Legolas shotting everything and everyone with his plastic bow and arrow set
Old 05-13-2003, 06:28 PM   #47
BethoHOG
Haunting Spirit

BethoHOG has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to BethoHOG
Sting

With all the talk of X-Men 2 and The Matrix 2 about in our house, my mom has been saying, "Oh, those movies are so violent! I don't like X-Men or Matrix... the only one I like is The Lord of the Rings." <P> <P>(Not that I don't like X-Men or The Matrix, I love those movies, too... )<P>EDIT: Happy 100th post to me! <p>[ May 13, 2003: Message edited by: BethoHOG ]
Old 05-15-2003, 05:36 AM   #48
Lady_Báin
Wight

Lady_Báin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

My parents went out on a date ( a rare occasion) and they went to see ttt. well they loved it and my dad dosen't usually like long epiccy sort of movies. so yeah great!!!
Old 05-16-2003, 02:58 PM   #49
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Guinevere is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Silmaril

I can only speak as a mother (my parents don't live anymore) <BR> I have <B>not</B> read LotR in my youth, it was only 2 years ago that I became aquainted with Tolkiens works - in fact thanks to my elder son (now 17) who persuaded me to read the Hobbit and the LotR! (3 years ago he had recommended Harry Potter to me, which I found delightful)<BR>It's funny but it didn't take long before I became more of a Tolkien-Fan than he is! LotR was really a revelation for me!!<BR>And as for the movie: I went to see FotR 5 times in 6 months, while my boy thought twice was quite enough and I was wasting my money.<BR>In the mean time, my younger boy has also become a LotR Fan and it is always a discussion topic among us.
Old 05-16-2003, 06:41 PM   #50
steve
Wight

steve has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to steve
Sting

I can actuially say that my parents loved the movies they complained about the stuff being left out and changed but they liked it (i cant say more then me) but more then most people i know<BR>even tho they started to get anoyed around the 32nd time i watches FoTR on video (i dont got dvd player Wahh )
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 09:19 PM   #51
Frodo 007
Haunting Spirit

Location: Wellington, New Zealand (Middle-Earth Baby Yeah!!!)
Frodo 007 has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

My parents really enjoyed LOTR!Not sure what they think about some stuff being left out though...
Old 06-11-2003, 10:53 AM   #52
Aragost
Wight

Aragost has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Aragost
Sting

My parents think that it is sad that I can say everything in fotr before a character says it.
Old 06-11-2003, 10:58 AM   #53
Duncariel
Wight

Duncariel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

My mother is possibly more obsessed with LotR than I am. *ponders* Well maybe not.
Old 06-11-2003, 11:04 AM   #54
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

I only wish that my parents were like that. Mine are seriously threatening to send me to a psychiatrist if I don't "cool down" and stop being so "weird." It really annoys me that they can't accept me for who I am and what I like rather than not liking me because I'm not the perfect Indian daughter.
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote