The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2011, 12:59 PM   #1
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
The White Tree Fund

Taking seriously the line from Lord of the Rings--doing what we can with the time that is given to us--The White Tree Fund is a non-profit organisation that aims to raise money for a variety of causes. It is a vision of community. Its aims are

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Tree Fund
* to support issues of human health and medical concerns through crisis response or other humanitarian programs;
* to support literacy initiatives and programs assisting children and adults; and
* to support environmental initiatives relevant to deforestation crises.
I think this is one of the most intriguing and noteworthy of undertakings that Tolkien has inspired. You can buy books through the White Tree Fund and proceeds will go to their efforts.

Last week The White Tree Fund worked to raise money and help for New Zealand after the quake at Christchurch. Now it is providing information to help with the horrible disaster of earthquake, tsunami, and threat of radiation in Japan.

For more information, see The White Tree Fund

The White Free Fund has been started by members of Wellinghall Smial, the Toronto chapter of The Tolkien Society, and it produces the Silver Leaves Journal.

If there are any Tolkien books you want to order through Amazon, doing it through the White Tree Fund will benefit others.

Last edited by Bęthberry; 03-13-2011 at 08:53 PM.
Bęthberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 09:06 AM   #2
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Folkvrärthr

Looking for a perfect sword? One that's already got a name that inspires ancient heroism? Check out this auction from The MAD Dwarf Workshop. Proceeds go to Japanese Quake Relief.
Old 04-22-2011, 03:36 PM   #3
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

The White Tree Fund now has products available through a Zazzle store--tees, bags, mugs, a variety of items with several beautiful logos.

You can bet that any members of Wellinghall Smial who attend Return of the Ring in August 2012 will be wearing White Tree Fund tees!

If you're looking for a special gift for the Tolkien fan in your life, give The White Tree Fund Zazzle store a look. Or pass on the link so others can check out the products. All proceeds go to the charity fund.
Old 04-23-2011, 01:07 PM   #4
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Nice designs! They look very Tolkienish but changed enough to avoid copyright issues. I especially like the "Tree of Hope" motive, with the seven stars - lovely!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote