The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2010, 07:53 AM   #1
Beorn of Carrock
Pile O'Bones

Beorn of Carrock has just left Hobbiton.
Off-topic forum?

A question: Is there any off-topic forum here, about anything not related to lore and such?
Beorn of Carrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 09:16 AM   #2
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Blind Guardian is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Middle-Earth Mirth has the WW topics. Besides that, not really.
Tom was poet bot. Tom only sold soul for art. Tom suffered. Mith mithed Tom
Blind Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 02:52 PM   #3
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
We have leeway for considerable variation on Tolkien themes, from serious to humorous, and areas for quizzes, for RPing and for board/member-related posting. Aside from that, The Barrow Wight, who owns the site, has not allowed posts and sub-forums that are completely unrelated to Tolkien. There are no plans to change this policy in the future.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 03:48 PM   #4
Rumil
Sage & Onions

Rumil has been trapped in the Barrow!
Eye

I fully support the decision not to have a football forum Esty

Cheers,

Rumil
Old 06-30-2010, 05:48 AM   #5
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

I've always wondered about those 'What Do You Assign To Wherever' threads, though.

There's a Barrow-Downs Facebook group; I guess that can be used to have off-topic discussion with your favourite internet folk.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:04 AM   #6
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumil View Post
I fully support the decision not to have a football forum Esty
Yeah, sigh - I have to stick to the rules I enforce, don't I? I'm afraid we covered all the Tolkien/World Cup connections (Torres' Tengwar tattoo) four years ago...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
I've always wondered about those 'What Do You Assign To Wherever' threads, though.
That's about as off-topic as we allow.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote