The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-16-2010, 04:17 PM   #761
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
The rules state:

Quote:
1 Unicorn (totally stealing this from Lottie, cause I loved it): when they die I will put the names of all of the dead in a hat, including the Unicorn’s name. If the name I pick out is of an innocent (or Cobbler) they will come back, if it’s a Wolf than no one comes back. Everyone comes back as an Ordo (except Cobbler still Cobbler, and Shirriff still Shirriff if their partner is still alive).
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 04:17 PM   #762
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
No; I just can't see how it changes the situation. Unless I misread the rules, the resurrected gifted don't have their gifts anymore.

PS. It's getting late here. I'm off to brush teeth and change into pyjamas. I'll check this thread in 10 minutes, post if there's something worthy of commenting and go to sleep.
Oh, do they not? That means I misread, I should go and look at that.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 04-16-2010 at 04:17 PM. Reason: X'ed with Lommy.
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 04:19 PM   #763
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Oh, do they not? That means I misread, I should go and look at that.
Yep, it makes sense to check them every now and then if you're of the forgetful sort. (For example, I had forgotten that the Unicorn can resurrect him/herself as well as that the ranger can protect him/herself...could the hunter also have been able to hunt herself? )
Old 04-16-2010, 04:25 PM   #764
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Lommy, unless something dramatic happens, I intend to vote Nerwen. I don't like this Morsul bandwagon, especially if he is the Unicorn. How can he be a wolf when he's encouraging votes against him? I seriously suspect Nerwen anyway, and really hope she's our last wolf. How nice it would be to pull off a WW game without a single innocent lynched.
Old 04-16-2010, 04:25 PM   #765
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Haha forgot that Legate exists. Sorry darling!

...Well. Let me make a vote count, if possible...

So just let me see toDay's votes.

Morsul -> Morsul (Morsul 1)
Nerwen -> Skip (Skip 1, Morsul 1)
Shasta -> Morsul (Morsul 2, Skip 1)
Morsul -> --Morsul (Skip 1, Morsul 1)
Morsul -> Skip (Skip 2, Morsul 1)
Agan -> Nerwen (Skip 2, Morsul 1, Nerwen 1)
skip -> Morsul (Morsul 2, Skip 2, Nerwen 1)
Mira -> Morsul (Morsul 3, Skip 2, Nerwen 1)
Lommy -> Nerwen (Morsul 3, Nerwen 2, Skip 2)

Left to vote: Lottie, Brinn and possible retractors, and winty, if he exists. And me.

Okay, given that skip might have been a Seer dream... maybe letting him live... but then what? Doesn't look like lynching Shasta (although it would be still possible, but rather theoretically). Actually now I have also reread Morsul's posting and seems I have misinterpretated it before, I thought that he re-voted for skip only after skip voted him, now I realised that it was not so (he merely suspected him and voted him after that), it might have been also the way that Morsul saw Nerwen voting skip and merrily joined, copying Nerwen's own move she used against him (or rather: he used against himself) when she was a WW in my game. But that sounds a) rather complicated, b) possibly improbable to come up with even for Morsul's surprising agency. Anyway. Need to think. I could vote Nerwen for the peace of mind, but my suspicions for her basically equal nil. Might be "worth a shot" though, if I take it the way that it's really just a shot.

Will think and be back in a minute.

EDIT: x-ed since the start of the page
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 04:32 PM   #766
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
Lommy, unless something dramatic happens, I intend to vote Nerwen. I don't like this Morsul bandwagon, especially if he is the Unicorn. How can he be a wolf when he's encouraging votes against him? I seriously suspect Nerwen anyway, and really hope she's our last wolf. How nice it would be to pull off a WW game without a single innocent lynched.
So should I say: "If you say so?"

Okay. Let's give it a shot. It makes one Day wasted at most. Since I am rather clueless otherwise and basically from the people voted for I don't want to vote skip and Morsul is not any particularly clearly better option either, here we go.

++Nerwen

This Day's been rather "sliding in the dark" for me, but then again it would be nice if we have nailed the last one and it will be done in a nice and smooth way.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 04-16-2010, 04:33 PM   #767
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Haha forgot that Legate exists. Sorry darling!
Aww, poor one. *hugs* If it helps, I also forgot about Lottie.

To say one last thing about the Unicorn topic: since the Unicorn can also come back himself, we have even slighter chances of getting Greenie back if we lynch Morsul, and we might even get Morsul himself back, which wouldn't make even frustrated Shasta feel better.

Anyway not sure if it makes sense to speculate about it any more since Morsul seems not to be around to say whether he claims being the Unicorn or not and we shouldn't definitely pressure the Unicorn to reveal anyway (although if it's Morsul there's not much to lose anymore...)

edit: xed with legate
Old 04-16-2010, 04:36 PM   #768
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

If we lynch Nerwen and she's a wolf, I say we're an incredible village. If we lynch her and she isn't, I'll be very sorry for lynching her without having much points of my own against her, but at least I won't be "what if"ing about her until she or me dies...

So *crosses fingers*

And PS I'll really disapprove if we lynch Skippy or Morsul toDay (unless I'm wrong and one of them is a wolf, of course ).

Good night!

Last edited by Thinlómien; 04-16-2010 at 04:37 PM. Reason: corrected 2 typos + edited again and corrected 1 more typo!
Old 04-16-2010, 04:40 PM   #769
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
If we lynch Nerwen and she's a wolf, I say we're an incredible village. If we lynch her and she isn't, I'll be very sorry for lynching her without having much points of my own agaisnt her, but at least I won't be "waht if"ing about her until she or me dies...
Yes, I have been thinking more or less the same.

Quote:
And PS I'll really disapprove if we lynch Skippy or Morsul toDay (unless I'm worng and one of them is a wolf, of course ).

Good night!
Indeed. Let's just lynch her and get over with that - now that I have voted for her as well, I don't want it to go waste.

Good night.

Last edited by Legate of Amon Lanc; 04-16-2010 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Ha, ha. Managed to quote you with your typos, my waht worng-er ;)
Old 04-16-2010, 04:42 PM   #770
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I would like to hear more from winty, to be quite honest.

That's about all the one-liners from me today, I'm heading out. I haven't looked at Nerwen specifically myself, but from what I can tell from her analyses she seems innocent to me. (Hopefully that's not me going "Hey, analyses! Innocent!" )

Honestly, I feel like today was a pretty wasted day for me, if we're not lynching Morsul. Sigh.

Shasta out.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 04-16-2010, 05:16 PM   #771
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
Honestly, I feel like today was a pretty wasted day for me, if we're not lynching Morsul.
Why would the Day be wasted? I don't think we would get much out lynching Morsul at all.

Since there are still other voters left plus possible retractions, I'm holding off my vote for Nerwen for now in case of a tie.
Old 04-16-2010, 05:42 PM   #772
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Note incase people didn't see admin thread:

I'm working tonight, so the DL is extended by an hour.
Old 04-16-2010, 06:19 PM   #773
wintywinty
Haunting Spirit

wintywinty has just left Hobbiton.
++Morsul I have no time, I have to leave within the next minute, but I have been suspecting him for a while.
wintywinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 07:04 PM   #774
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
[U]Can somebody explain this Morsul-Sally thingy to me? Is it really so serious one of them would quit the game or do something about as drastic if they had to be packmates? Morsul voted Sally on early Day2 anyway, so if he was exasperated at being fellows with her after two Night-discussions, that would make sense. That's why I don't get how it proves his innocence...
Yes.

Quote:
Fine.

I think Morsul's the Unicorn and would like to trade him out, hopefully for Greenie.
Cold, Shasta! ...and makes rather good sense. However, I don't see why you think he's the Unicorn. If I knew for sure, I'd certainly consider voting him, but as I do not, I'd not be so eager.

But I don't suspect Skip, and I don't particularly suspect Nerwen...come to think of it, I don't particularly suspect anyone.
Old 04-16-2010, 07:36 PM   #775
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Even if he is the Unicorn, lynching him won't do much for us. We'd have to be really lucky to get Greenie back and for all we know we could end up with Fea. It won't give us any extra Days either. So why would anyone want to lynch someone you think might be the Unicorn, when you could be lynching a wolf instead?

But really, I just don't understand how people find Morsul suspicious. If he's a wolf, then he's basically given up and I certainly hope that's not true because that would just be lame.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:01 PM   #776
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
Yes.

Cold, Shasta! ...and makes rather good sense. However, I don't see why you think he's the Unicorn. If I knew for sure, I'd certainly consider voting him, but as I do not, I'd not be so eager.

But I don't suspect Skip, and I don't particularly suspect Nerwen...come to think of it, I don't particularly suspect anyone.

I'm actually back and can post, thanks to the DL extension.

Lottie, Morsul has been blatantly hinting at it all day. Plus the fact that he immediately 180'd his stance on me once I voted him, from "suspicious" to "innocent".
Old 04-16-2010, 08:16 PM   #777
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Even if he is the Unicorn, lynching him won't do much for us. We'd have to be really lucky to get Greenie back and for all we know we could end up with Fea. It won't give us any extra Days either. So why would anyone want to lynch someone you think might be the Unicorn, when you could be lynching a wolf instead?
Think for a moment, Brinn. There's a 1/5 chance I might benefit from this, too. 2/5 chance I'd be happy. I like those odds.

Now, something I just thought of:

Of course Greenie didn't say anything definitive on Day 1. The cobbler wasn't out yet. She couldn't know for sure that her known innocent was really innocent yet. After that, of course, she would know, so that might be something to look at later.

Last edited by Loslote; 04-16-2010 at 08:18 PM. Reason: bolding
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 08:18 PM   #778
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Lottie, Morsul has been blatantly hinting at it all day. Plus the fact that he immediately 180'd his stance on me once I voted him, from "suspicious" to "innocent".
Hmm. Okay then, I'll probably vote him. In fact...

++Morsul
Old 04-16-2010, 08:21 PM   #779
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Having skimmed the thread, I find Brinn's continued case against me incredibly weak– it basically amounts to the fact that I didn't go all out for each wolf from the word go, but rather tried to work it out based on the evidence. As I have shown, this is actually quite an absurd accusation when compared to her own pattern.

However, I on the whole think she's more wrong than wolfish, and anyway I'm going to have to vote to save myself, it seems, so–

--skip
++Morsul.

EDIT:X'd since Loslote at #774.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:30 PM   #780
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Lottie, are you really voting for someone because you think they're innocent?

Gah, I give up. Why even bother?

I guess I'll just have to hope for the unlikely scenario that Morsul's actually a wolf.

Anyway, there's no point in voting now. But you know who it'd be for....I still think she's furry.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:32 PM   #781
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Lottie, are you really voting for someone because you think they're innocent?
Yeah, pretty much. Seriously, though, it should help.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:34 PM   #782
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Yeah, you'll have to explain that toMorrow because I find lynching a potential wolf more beneficial.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:36 PM   #783
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Yeah, you'll have to explain that toMorrow because I find lynching a potential wolf more beneficial.
I don't if I don't suspect her. Anyway...*shushes*
Old 04-16-2010, 08:36 PM   #784
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Not unicorn but out of way now. Losing won't be my fault WOO!
Old 04-16-2010, 08:37 PM   #785
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Why isn't Morsul a potential wolf, Brinn?

X'd with Lottie and Morsul.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:38 PM   #786
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Silmaril

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Alirin ran and ran down the path, trying her hardest not to cry after her terrible encounter with the Hunter Queen and the Headless King. She grew tired of running after a while and started to walk again. Not long and she heard some crying again.

She turned a corner and saw an odd creature sitting on a rock and crying. Alirin walked up to him slowly and asked him why he was so dreadfully upset.

“Sit down,” the Mock Turtle said, “and don’t say a word until I’m finished.” So Alirin sat down.

“Once, I was a real Turtle” the Mock Turtle said with a mournful sigh. This was followed by an extraordinarily long pause.

“When we were little,” he finally continued, “we went to school, and the master was an old turtle – we used to call him Tortoise...”

“Why did you call him Tortoise if he wasn’t one?” Alirin asked.

“We called him Tortoise because he taught us,” the Mock Turtle said angrily, “you are very dull!”

“What courses did you take in school?” Alirin asked, ignoring his insult.

“Reeling and Writhing of course, to begin with-“ the Mock Turtle said, “and then the different branches of Arithmetic – Ambition, Distraction, Uglification, and Derision.”

“I never heard of “Uglification”” Alirin said.

“Well then,” the Mock Turtle said, “if you don’t know what to uglify is, you are a simpleton.”

“What else did you learn?” Alirin asked, feeling rather bored and annoyed with the insults.

“There was Mystery, ancient and modern, Seaography, Drawling, Stretching and Fainting in Coils.” the Mock Turtle answered, counting each subject on his flappers.

“How many hours of lessons did you do a day?”

“10 the first day, 9 the next, and so on...” the Mock Turtle said, with another deep sigh.

“That is an odd plan!” Alirin exclaimed.

“That’s the reason they’re called lessons, because they lessen from day to day.” the Mock Turtle answered. This was again followed by a long moment of silence. Then the Mock Turtle began to sing.

Beautiful Soup, so rich and green,
Waiting in a hot tureen!
Who for such dainties would not stoop?
Soup of the evening, beautiful Soup!
Soup of the evening, beautiful Soup!
Beau-ootiful Soo-oop!
Beau-ootiful Soo-oop!
Soo-oop of the e—e—evening,
Beautiful, beautiful Soup

Before Alirin could even react to the odd song a large bowl of soup flew out from behind a tree and smacked the Mock Turtle over the head. He sat there for a moment slightly dazed and waving back and forth when suddenly a spoon came out from behind the tree and hit him as well, causing him to drop dead off his rock.

Alirin walked away slowly and continued down the path, by now not at all shocked by the sudden death of everyone she met, and wanting more than ever to return home.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Dead
Fea - Red Queen - Cobbler - lynched Day 1
Boro - the Caterpillar - Shirriff - killed Night 2
Sally - the Dormouse - Wolf - lynched Day 2
Izzy - White Rabbit - Ordinary - killed Night 3
Glirdan - Mad Hatter - Wolf - lynched Day 3
Greenie - White Night - Seer - killed Night 4
Nogrod – Cheshire Cat – Wolf – lynched Day 4
Nienna - White Queen - Hunter - killed Night 5
Inzil - King of Hearts - Ordinary - hunter killed Night 5
Morsul - Mock Turtle - Ordinary - lynched Day 5

Alive
Wintywinty – Tweedledum
Mira – March Hare
Agan – Queen of Hearts
Shasta – Knave of Hearts
Lottie – Duchess
Nerwen – the Dodo
Legate – Jabberwocky
Skip – Humpty Dumpty
Lommy – the Gryphon
Brinniel – Tweedledee

Now Night 6.

Last edited by wilwarin538; 04-17-2010 at 07:33 PM.
wilwarin538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 07:32 PM   #787
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Alirin continued to walk down the path.

And she walked.

And she walked.

But she did not meet anyone interesting for quite some time.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It is now Day 6. No one died.
Old 04-17-2010, 07:49 PM   #788
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Okay, so probably Cursed (unless there was a Ranger save). Now, looking at the past pattern of wolf-kills, they've been going for the people no one suspected, so who did they probably kill last Night?

Suspected pretty strongly
Nerwen

Suspected somewhat
Shasta
Skip
Mira

Suspected very little
Winty
Brinn

Suspected not at all
Lottie
Legate
Agan
Lommy

~~~

So perhaps one of the Europeans were Cursed? Or Brinn or WW? And probably one of the top two categories was the original wolf.
Old 04-17-2010, 07:52 PM   #789
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

So, that's either a Ranger-save, or the Cursed's been turned. (Or the wolf forgot to send in the kill.)

You're not going to tell us which, dear Moddess?

EDIT:X'd with Lottie.
Old 04-17-2010, 07:57 PM   #790
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

wilwa, were you planning to let us know if the cursed was turned or the ranger made a save? Or are we left in the dark on this one?

Right now there's three scenarios:

1) the cursed was turned

2) the ranger successfully protected someone

3) the wolf didn't submit a kill

I'm hoping it's not number one.

EDIT: Just realised Nerwen said basically the same thing, heh.
Old 04-17-2010, 08:03 PM   #791
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
EDIT: Just realised Nerwen said basically the same thing, heh.
Huh. That's interesting. This could either be two wolves planning this so that they look better or two innocents honestly thinking the same thing or one wolf and one innocent. I don't think it's the first one, though. It just seems so unlikely...and it could backfire so easily. So...I don't think Brinn and Nerwen are packmates from this.
Old 04-17-2010, 08:05 PM   #792
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Btw Lottie (and perhaps Shasta too), can you please explain to me how lynching an innocent Morsul is soo helpful to us? I'm really curious about this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
Why isn't Morsul a potential wolf, Brinn?
I already stated this. Morsul was attracting attention and trying to get himself lynched. A lone wolf would not do that because he'd lose the game not just for himself, but his entire team. Giving up would be a selfish and lame move, and I didn't think Morsul would do that.
Old 04-17-2010, 08:06 PM   #793
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Huh. That's interesting. This could either be two wolves planning this so that they look better or two innocents honestly thinking the same thing or one wolf and one innocent. I don't think it's the first one, though. It just seems so unlikely...and it could backfire so easily. So...I don't think Brinn and Nerwen are packmates from this.
I'm going to agree that Nerwen and Brinn probably aren't packmates even if the Cursed /was/ turned last night - not after the way they suspected each other yesterday.

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 04-17-2010 at 08:07 PM. Reason: X'ed with Brinn.
Old 04-17-2010, 08:09 PM   #794
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Lottie, that's just me not paying attention to the posts before posting myself. I can be dumb like that.
Old 04-17-2010, 08:11 PM   #795
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
So perhaps one of the Europeans were Cursed? Or Brinn or WW? And probably one of the top two categories was the original wolf.
I don't know if it's safe to assume that, Lottie. What I'm really afraid of is that the last wolf may have been able to slip through without revealing any ties to his or her companions.

By the way, I'm not happy about the suspicion against me yesterDay. In my view the "case" against me was paper-thin– though it's true that it was going to be hard to make a really strong case against anyone at that point.

EDIT:X'd since Lottie.
Old 04-17-2010, 08:25 PM   #796
wintywinty
Haunting Spirit

wintywinty has just left Hobbiton.
Alive
Wintywinty – Tweedledum
Mira – March Hare
Agan – Queen of Hearts
Shasta – Knave of Hearts
Lottie – Duchess
Nerwen – the Dodo
Legate – Jabberwocky
Skip – Humpty Dumpty
Lommy – the Gryphon
Brinniel – Tweedledee

4 Wolves: PM at Night and choose someone to kill, win when their number matches or is greater than the number of innocents.
-Sally
-Glirdan
-Nogrod
-Unknown

1 Cursed: if chosen as the Night kill, will become a Wolf. Does not know their role, but the role will be revealed when they die. Seer sees them as an Ord.
-Unknown

1 Seer: chooses 1 person a Night and finds out their role.
-Greenie

1 Hunter: chooses one person to hunt, when they die their choice will die too no matter their role. They can change their pick once every Night and Day.
-Nienna

1 Ranger: can’t protect the same person 2 Nights in a row, and cannot protect themselves.
-Unknown

1 Cobbler: wants the Wolves to win, but is counted as an innocent and seen as innocent by the Seer. Role revealed when they die.
-Fea

2 Shirriffs: Basically just PM pals (Night and Day), don’t die together or anything, and can’t reveal their roles while both are still alive.
-Boro
-Lottie
1 Unicorn: when they die I will put the names of all of the dead in a hat, including the Unicorn’s name. If the name I pick out is of an innocent (or Cobbler) they will come back to life, if it’s a Wolf than no one comes back. Everyone comes back as an Ordo (except Cobbler still Cobbler, and Shirriff still Shirriff if their partner is still alive).
-Unknown
+ 7 Ordos: vote to kill Wolves, win when all Wolves are dead.
-Izzy
-Inzil
-Morsul
-Unknown
-Unknown
-Unknown
-Unknown

In Recap, there is one wolf (possibly two now), the cursed (possibly a wolf now), A ranger, A unicorn, and 4 ordos left in the game.
Something I noticed, there are 19 roles listed, but 20 players started the game. What role does the last person have?
wintywinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 08:32 PM   #797
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

In all likelihood, winty, that person is another ordo.

Brinn, I still feel like yesterday was the best time to lynch the Unicorn and try to get Greenie (or even Izzy, or Boro) back. And with all the hints Morsul was dropping yesterday, I was sure he was the Unicorn.
Old 04-17-2010, 09:50 PM   #798
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mirandir is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Of the three options, my money is on ranger save. I feel like the narration would say something more interesting than nothing if the cursed had been turned. It's also unlikely the last wolf forgot to send in a kill. At this point it's too important to not remember to do. Thus, ranger save.
Old 04-17-2010, 10:38 PM   #799
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirandir View Post
Of the three options, my money is on ranger save. I feel like the narration would say something more interesting than nothing if the cursed had been turned. It's also unlikely the last wolf forgot to send in a kill. At this point it's too important to not remember to do. Thus, ranger save.
Mira, the narration usually says "something more interesting" when there's been a Ranger save too. I think our moddess is deliberately trying to leave us in the dark.

The following is more a personal thinking out post– obviously half the logic here rests on my being innocent, and only the wolf (or wolves) knows I'm telling the truth:

Now, about yesterDay: so there were three lynch-candidates. Of those, I happen to know that the only one who could have been a wolf is Skip. So Wolf 4 I think, more likely to be among the bandwagon-hoppers than those who really pushed to lynch Morsul or me. (Legate? Mira? Skip himself? Lommy?)

This logic would, then, rule out Shasta, Brinn or Aganbeing a wolf yesterDay.

(But that's still quite a big assumption– they're all experienced players who might deliberately do the opposite of what you'd expect.)
Old 04-17-2010, 10:46 PM   #800
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Mira, the narration usually says "something more interesting" when there's been a Ranger save too. I think our moddess is deliberately trying to leave us in the dark.

The following is more a personal thinking out post– obviously half the logic here rests on my being innocent, and only the wolf (or wolves) knows I'm telling the truth:

Now, about yesterDay: so there were three lynch-candidates. Of those, I happen to know that the only one who could have been a wolf is Skip. So Wolf 4 I think, more likely to be among the bandwagon-hoppers than those who really pushed to lynch Morsul or me. (Legate? Mira? Skip himself? Lommy?)

This logic would, then, rule out Shasta, Brinn or Aganbeing a wolf yesterDay.

(But that's still quite a big assumption– they're all experienced players who might deliberately do the opposite of what you'd expect.)
Nerwen, this post being from your point-of-view... does this mean you don't suspect Brinn of being a wolf any more?