The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2013, 09:18 AM   #201
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalwendë View Post
And me. I guess I'm not cut out for staying at home sewing banners. I also got 0% Legolas.
I, on the other hand, got 100% Legolas, so I just hope this test isn't based on the movies...
Old 01-20-2013, 09:29 AM   #202
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Barrow Downs says I'm Butterbur.

I still say I'm Saruman maybe Sandman
Old 01-20-2013, 11:54 AM   #203
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE Ka View Post
I can confirm that at least you are a rather lovely person. I only know this, because the quiz believes I'm the test-tube baby of Bilbo and Aragorn. So you know I'm made of pure good intentions, adorable eccentricity and wisdom.
D'aww. *blows kisses Ka's way*
You're also my heir! Well, my Isildur side's, at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Clearly, you are simply in denial about your inner Dark Lord-ness.
I need to start working on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
I, on the other hand, got 100% Legolas, so I just hope this test isn't based on the movies...
Well - I do seem to remember a Werewolf game where your character was quite the Captain Obvious...
Old 01-20-2013, 01:17 PM   #204
Ardent
Wight

Ardent has just left Hobbiton.
Barrow Downs says I'm either Pippin or Sam, but I relate more to Butterbur in so much as:
'He is wise enough on his own ground... he can see through a brick wall in time'

But Butterbur, while slow of thought, is unlike me in that 'he thinks less than he talks'. So I guess that would make me more akin to Treebeard in not being 'hasty'. Also I find I relate to much of C.S.Lewis's writings, and Treebeard was based on Lewis.
Hooom!
Old 01-20-2013, 01:18 PM   #205
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalwendë View Post
And me. I guess I'm not cut out for staying at home sewing banners. I also got 0% Legolas.
I also got zero for Boromir so at least orc pincushion may not be my fate. I did score high for Denethor and Theoden though.. so may ned to stay away from naked flame...

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:34 PM   #206
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Also, I am sure you all will be thrilled to know I just took another personality test on Selectsmart and scored 100% as Sauron. I don't really know how I did it, but I am extremely amused.
So, I just took this and apparently I'm 100% Aragorn (followed by Bilbo and Theoden). Interesting...
Old 03-07-2013, 04:57 PM   #207
Saurondil
Animated Skeleton

Saurondil has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Marry me.

That is easily solved, my love.

I just took the Barrow-Downs personality test again after several years, and even though I feel I've changed a lot, I'm still Boromir (with a strong resemblance to Aragorn). This is awesome because I've always related to him - he's proud and does what he considers right and his duty. And if his notion of doing things right is different from the rest of the Fellowship's, he speaks out even if he's in the minority.

On my last reread of LOTR, I realised I'm also very much like Merry. I'm bossy just the same way.

And my last reread of The Hobbit proved me it's not very difficult at all to relate to Thorin either. I would be on edge (and mean) exactly like him if I was the leader of a company of 12 dwarves and a stupid hobbit, plus I see myself when his principles and haughtiness start bordering on ridiculous stubbornness.

Also, I am sure you all will be thrilled to know I just took another personality test on Selectsmart and scored 100% as Sauron. I don't really know how I did it, but I am extremely amused.

## My Selectsmart result:

King Theoden (100%)

Lord of the Nazgul (Witch-King of Angmar) (97%)

Faramir (86%)

Grima Wormtongue (82%)

Elrond (82%)

Bilbo Baggins (82%)

Gimli (82%)

Legolas (82%)

Aragorn Elessar (71%)

Isildur (71%)

Arwen (63%)

Saruman the White (60%)

Galadriel (56%)

Eowyn (52%)

Frodo Baggins (45%)

Samwise Gamgee (Sam) (45%)

Eomer (34%)

Boromir (34%)

Sauron (34%)

Peregrin Took (Pippin) (26%)

Gollum (23%)

Gandalf the Grey (23%)

Meriadoc Brandybuck (Merry) (12%)

Tom Bombadil (4%)

Denethor (0%)

## Not quite Sauron - but getting there. Yesterday, the Barrowdowns profile ID'd me as Gollum.

What would it take to be Morgoth or Manwe, we wonders ?
Saurondil is offline   Reply With Quote