The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Quiz Room
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2005, 12:42 PM   #521
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
...not a house...
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 12:49 PM   #522
elronds_daughter
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

elronds_daughter has just left Hobbiton.
The ancient stone tower that was so mercilessly taken apart.....
Old 05-27-2005, 12:57 PM   #523
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
That's the answer, elronds_daughter! Well done! Now it's your turn...
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 06-30-2005, 07:13 AM   #524
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

elronds_daughter, are you still around to carry on with a new question?
Old 10-13-2005, 03:23 PM   #525
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

Fordim Hedgethistle has been trapped in the Barrow!
OK -- three months is long enough, I think, to wait. In the absence of elronds_daughter I shall ask a question:

Which saint did Tolkien take as his patron and why?

(This one is remarkably easy, but I hope that will get this thread moving again.)
Fordim Hedgethistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 03:33 PM   #526
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Tolkien

St. John, because Tolkien was born on the Octave of this particular saint

right ?

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 03:42 PM   #527
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

Fordim Hedgethistle has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne
St. John, because Tolkien was born on the Octave of this particular saint

right ?

Indeed it is! Your turn Rune Son.
Fordim Hedgethistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 03:58 PM   #528
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Tolkien

Acctualy i don't know that much about the man him self, so I am having trouble finding a great question.

Anyway here goes: To whom did Tolkien first read Lord of the Rings ?

Old 10-14-2005, 12:37 AM   #529
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

To the Inklings, if I remember right...
Old 10-14-2005, 11:23 AM   #530
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Tolkien

That is how i remember it too.

Your thread Estelyn.