The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-29-2004, 03:40 AM   #1
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

HerenIstarion is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to HerenIstarion
Are you a Stalker?

Once upon a time there was a thread of that name, but search engine failed to bring it up for me, so I decided to start in anew

What do I mean? The question is quite simple: Do you follow people around on the Downs, whom (if you feel inclined to reveal that), and for what reason?

I for myself am a stalker alright for several reasons:

For one, I usually log on from my office, where we poor mere mortals (i.e. everybody except higher up management and IT staff) have limited access to the net, which is expressed in a ban on load of key words like 'music', 'movie', 'download' and, most of all 'forum'. When link contains one of said keywords, there is no way of getting onto the site in question, unless one uses some tricks, like yours truly does in using IP address instead of 'forum.barrowdowns.com' combination. But, there are some restrictions - per instance, I can not get to sub-fora, as they contain words like forumID=, which can not be replaced, only to individual posts. So the usual way for me is to get "who's online" and 'active topics' lists and move on from there. But such an option gives only picture of last several hours, and there may be some interesting thread of two days ago that I would miss, unless (and here comes in my favouritism) I do not scan recent posts of individual members.

And members usually stalked after by yours truly are numerous, but I would venture the names of several

Leaving alone old hard-core philosophers like Child of Seventh Age, mark 12:30 and Bethberry, davem, per instance, is the member of choice for his (her?) posts are very well thought-out and articulate
and not in random places, but in spots of interest. Belin and Bill Ferny are other two, though I haven't seen neither recently. There are a lot more I follow around, and thanks to them for being around for me to follow

that's about the shape of it. Join in

- Would you believe in the love at first sight?
- Yes I'm certain that it happens all the time!
HerenIstarion is offline   Reply With Quote